Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

CALLING ALL ARTISTS- Lets make an art gallery!

Comments

• BadLuck
    BadLuck Member Posts: 81
    edited March 2019

Miaomix - I want to thank you for all the detailed advice on the bone health. You're so right ... we're dammed if we do & dammed if we don't! Can be such hard decisions to make. I decided to go to the oncologist today about the huge lump that developed below my surgical breast & she assured me that more than likely it's a bad sprain or possibly a fractured rib due to radiation I had on that breast. So glad it wasn't anything more serious. And I'm glad to be able to chat & get support from many of you fine artist in this forum. By the way, your photography is amazing

• melissadallas
    melissadallas Member Posts: 929
    edited March 2019

Joanne, this is what a completed one (NOT MINE) looks like:

• melissadallas
    melissadallas Member Posts: 929
    edited March 2019

Joanne, right now the plan is to hand quilt with metallic gold thread, but I will have to see if I can do the hand quilting well enough to be happy with. I have a LONG way to go to finish the piecing.

• BadLuck
    edited March 2019
      1. To the community who deleted this post! Do I have a right to defend myself from someone who is making things up about me?! I would like to know why Seachains post to me wasn't deleted since she made some things up & was crude
      2. Seachain - first of all I NEVER asked you to send me a PRIVATE MESSAGE with the link to your video! You are obviously paranoid for some reason. I'm sorry I made you feel that way. As for virus protection, I have 2 - McAfee & a Military grade virus protection on my devises. You also don't want or can't seem to understand or believe that everything before March 4th in this art forum was accidentally deleted by me I messaged the Mods about this & asked them to look into this & explain. I am very aware that you & everyone else in this forum CAN see the post. But I honestly cannot. But it's no big deal now because I am NOT INTERESTED in your video link anymore & wont ask you for anything again! I am sorry to say but you sound like a very cruel & bitter woman.

Joanne - thank you! It was Seachain's 9-year old video on YouTube that she sent me. But I am not interested in seeing it anymore ... she scares me now

• footloose
    footloose Member Posts: 25
    edited March 2019

Sue in Sacto, Your poppy quilt is wonderful! Is it all patchwork? or some aplique?

Foot

• aussie-cat
    aussie-cat Member Posts: 5,502
    edited March 2019

Joanne, I like your framed flower picture that matches your wallpaper. It's a very clever idea!

• BadLuck
    edited March 2019

Moderators - why are my posts deleted when I'm trying to set the story straight! No one likes lies posted about them! I just want everyone out there to know that it's NOT TRUE that I persistently sent Seachain PRIVATE messages to send me her video which she's publically posted to me I never this forum. I NEVER sent private messages to her only publically that everyone else can read in this forum. She's I still obviously paranoid & Joanne pointed out the video that Seachain didn't indeed post.

• BadLuck
    edited March 2019

She's obviously paranoid & Joanne pointed out the video that Seachain didindeed post.

• footloose
    edited March 2019

I dabble at lots of things:

This is a wooden jigsaw puzzle I made from a photo I'd taken at a farmer's market

This is an attempt at painting with acrylics

This is a vest I made for my niece

And these are some of my gardens

• BadLuck
    edited March 2019

leftduetostupidmods - LOL love your user name! The Mods are deleted my post with no explanation to me!! Hopefully they won't delete this post or I'm done with this sit

• BadLuck
    edited March 2019

To all my artist friends- the Mods explained to me why my & a fellow group member's posts were deleted. I responded to that member & everyone else just to set the story straight because there were untrue insinuations made about me which ended up in a heated discussion that kept getting deleted by the Mods. I understand the reasoning why their are moderators for discussion boards after that ordeal. LOL No hard feelings Mods.

• BadLuck
    edited March 2019

I got busy yesterday & sketched out a pencil drawing of my niece for her birthday. A little rusty at this time but will improve the more I do it.

• CaliKelly
    CaliKelly Member Posts: 198
    edited March 2019

Jo, footloose Melissa, bad luck, all really creative and different! Great work all! Love to see the awesome talented work, keep it up, ladies, here's a work in progress, waiting for the clay sculpture to dry. I told my plastic sure shes not the only one who can make a breast out of nothing😄

• footloose
    edited March 2019

CaliKelly, that is awesome!!

• aussie-cat
    edited March 2019

BadLuck, that is an amazing drawing of your niece. Well done!!

• BadLuck
    edited March 2019

CaliKelly - now that is great art!!!! That's what I was hoping to see in this forum. You are truely gifted!!! I love working with ceramics & you gave me a great idea next time I play with it. Keep up the great art

• BadLuck
    edited March 2019

Aussie-Cat, thank you for the compliment. I'm a bit rusty at this point but will keep trying. Family tell me that it looks exactly like her without any hesitation

• CaliKelly
    edited March 2019

Thank you ladies, I'm impatiently waiting on that one drying, my mind is full of the colors I'll use to finish it. Meanwhile I'll assemble my Tree of Life#2 mirror and show it here when I'm finished. I love clay sculpting too!s See more stuff@kelly beachgirl on Instagram, I'm just beginning to think of maybe selling my work again, after I build up some inventory 💗

• BadLuck
    edited March 2019

CaliKelly- I can't wait to see it! With much encouragement my RN daughter is after me to do another portrait. Next one will be my 8 year oldgrandson.

• CaliKelly
    edited March 2019

Bad luck, you definitely should, your portraits are so good! I didn't do any art during treatments and now I'm so full of ideas, I want to create beauty and color and life! Put bad luck behind me! ( not you😉😄) Have to buy more clay!

• bluepearl
    bluepearl Member Posts: 133
    edited March 2019

Just took up pastel painting!

• CaliKelly
    edited March 2019

Very nice work, blue pearl!

• BadLuck
    edited March 2019

Awesome Blue Pearl!

Can't wait to see more from my creative girls.

• LoveMyVizsla
    LoveMyVizsla Member Posts: 526
    edited March 2019

Wow, the drawing of your niece is awesome! That is one talent I do not possess!

Kelli, your sculpture is nicely done!

Melissa, love the beginnings of your quilt!

I’m knitting a neck warmer for my dog, out of boredom. LOL. She’s going to be styling!image

Also, here is a photo of some of our winter birds that migrate through. These are snow geese.

• CaliKelly
    edited March 2019

LMV, that photo is great, how beautiful! Your doggie will be the envy of all his peers🐕

• pingpong1953
    pingpong1953 Member Posts: 277
    edited March 2019

I'm going to open an Etsy shop to try and sell my "art" (crafts, really) and hopefully make enough money to at least support my habit! I'm almost ready to launch the shop - I have a bunch of stuff uploaded and it's just a matter of doing that final step and pressing "go!"

• CaliKelly
    edited March 2019

Go for it! I'm working and working on sculptures and painting with the idea of a website or something, right now I'm on Instagram trying to get some interest 😉@kellybeachgirl, if anyone is interested, I need followers apparently 😄🤯

• BadLuck
    edited March 2019

Vizla - thank you. You are a good photographer

• aussie-cat
    edited March 2019

CaliKelly, I looked up your @kellybeachgirl and there are some beautiful beach photos. Well done!

• BadLuck
    edited March 2019

CaliKelly- I also found your website & love your photos. I see you also like to bake & create some fancy foods. I absolutely love the bronze sculptures! You're so talented! I still didn't get a chance to start on my grandson's portrait. I'm so glad I found this artist forum. Seeing all this art helps to take my mind off the hell I went through with breast cancer & now the bad sideeffects of that terrible Anastrozole hormone