Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

CALLING ALL ARTISTS- Lets make an art gallery!

Comments

• leftduetostupidmods
    leftduetostupidmods Member Posts: 346
    edited March 2019

gone

• BadLuck
    BadLuck Member Posts: 81
    edited March 2019

Seachain - thanks for the encouragement. I didn't get a chance yet because we have the grandkids all the time, but you posted your video for me to watch & for some reason the moderators deleted everyone's post to me including my post to you girls except the post I submitted today. I emailed them but haven't heard a response yet. Anyway, could you please send your video again to me? I'd really appreciate it. Hopefully nothing gets deleted this time.

• Frisky
    Frisky Member Posts: 1,686
    edited March 2019

badluck (no more) to counteract the osteoporosis caused by the anti estrogens you need to take drugs like xgeva or zometa for a while...after a few years you will need to slowly taper themdown...

I didn’t do it and end up with two collapsed vertebrae that have rendered me disabled....so don’t make the same mistake!

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,925
    edited March 2019

BadLuck, I can still see everything. I had osteopenia going in, took anastrazole for 5 years, and did not get osteoporosis. Do what you can with diet to manage blood sugar. Mine was high but went down when I lost weight. I need to be more careful with sugar than I am right now. Might explain why I haven't lost those last few pounds.

I could see you making a living from dog portraits after you get your mojo back. Cats too, if you can paint them (I think they're harder, myself). You are extremely talented.

• leftduetostupidmods
    edited March 2019

Badluck, all the posts are still there. Just in case this is what happened, can someone else tell Badluck that she might have clicked on "block" by mistake that is why she can't see those posts anymore ? Because if she did that she won't be able to read this either.

• BadLuck
    edited March 2019

Ok, I figured out what probably happened. It was my error. I've been constantly private messaging the Mods about my username, password & email & resetting my password. They kept sending me a link to reset my password & it wouldn't let me! I've worked on computers for most of my life so I'm not computer illiterate. The Mods kept sending me emails to reset my password but nothing worked so to delete all those emails from the Mods, I deleted them by scrolling down on their email sent to me & deleted them there instead of how I usually delete my emails & thats how I believe all the post from me & everyone else before March 4th was deleted. Anyway, all I have now is all the post sent from me & you all starting from yesterday.

• BadLuck
    edited March 2019

So going back to Seachain, I never got a chance to view that video you set in your post to me. I'd appreciate it if you'd send it again. You seem to be very knowledgeable on what you've learned. And to Wren, I started a free diabetes prevention class last night. Once a week we will Weight in & get educated. Hopefully this will help. And I've done many cat portraits as well in the past but more so dig portraits. So easy to do animal portraits compared to people portraits. Doing people portraits are not difficult as long as I have a decent photo to go by. It can propose a challenge

• BadLuck
    edited March 2019

Miaomix, yes they want me to go on one of those dangerous drugs for osteoporosis since I have osteopenia & the Anastrozole will make it worse. But the side effects from those drugs scare me to death! Can cause holes in your gums if you get any teeth extracted! And my oral health isn't the best so my luck I would get that side effect. Also high risk for heart attack & stroke, etc. No thanks - I hate drugs! I know the dangers of getting brittle bones from the Anastrozole but I'll take the risk. Taking a bone strengthening class this month & it'll run for 3 months so I'll work at that

• feelingfeline
    feelingfeline Member Posts: 5,145
    edited March 2019

BadLuck that dog is magnificent. I have a friend in Wisconsin, Milwaukee area, and she goes to an art group specially for people who have had cancer, think it is organised though the hosp. Might be possible that there could be something like that in your area, that would act as a little starter match to help get a flame of creative fire running for you?

• leftduetostupidmods
    edited March 2019

gone

• BadLuck
    edited March 2019

LOL!😂 Seachain - I am reading the posts in the forum as of March 4th. When I clicked on (forgot password) the Mods send me an email with a link to click on (reset password), then when I click on that link it just doesn't let me change anything. I've done this several times with the same emails from the Mods so gave up. So in my email, I had all these identical emails from the Mods, so deleted them & emptied the trash to which it deleted all the posts in this forum that I can view from before March 4th. Now I'm able to only view posts from March 4th & beyond. But you & everyone else in this forum can still see everything before March 4th as long as you didn't accidentally delete what was in the forum like I did. I was pretty sure you had a link in the reply to me of a video you made that you wanted me to view. If anyone out there sees it in a post before March 4th in this forum please point it out to Seachain.

• BadLuck
    edited March 2019

Joanne - Thanks for the info on vitamin D3. I was also taking 1000IU vitamin D3 along with Caltrate Bone health that contains 800IU D3 & 600 mg calcium. Also was taking Centrum Silver for women to which my oncologist told me to discontinue the centrum & separate D3. Wants me to only take the Caltrate Bone Health that contains D3 & calcium twice a day. That gives me 1600 IU of D3 per day. I will certainly ask her to check my D3 level & make sure my number is at least 50

• BadLuck
    edited March 2019

feelingfeline - Thanks for the compliment on my portrait. I'm working on going back to my art. But I keep getting one problem after another & now have a big growth that hurts below my left breast that seemed to pop up out of no where just like the huge lump on my breast. My family thinks it's a blood clot & when I go to the oncologist next month, have her look at it. Maybe needs to be drained if that's what it is. I'm blocking out the fact that it might be more cancer ... that would just be my luck!

• BadLuck
    edited March 2019

Meowmix - Do you remember what your number was when they did a bone density test on you when your vertebrae collapsed? They said I'm real close to getting osteoporosis & did tell me all the bad that could happen. But then told me all the bad side effects from the osteo drugs can cause as well. I think if my osteo gets worse I might go on Fosomax or one of the others for a short while. My oral surgeon is completely against those bone drugs to treat osteo & said if you must take them, to not be on them more than 2-3 years otherwise I would have a high risk for that disease that causes holes in your gums & teeth

• Frisky
    Frisky Member Posts: 1,686
    edited March 2019

badluck....I totally understand your reasonable resistance to taking the drug because of the horrendous list of side effects. That's precisely why I refused to take it when it was offered at the start of the Femara Tx. No bone density measurements were taken at the time. It was just preventive.

What I didn't know at the time was that, my beautiful strong bones, would be reduced to mush by the drug. Thus, 2 years after starting femara I end up with two collapsed vertebrae.

Obviously, if someone had explained that Femara would have damaged me so much, I would accepted the potential risks of the SE vs certainty invertebrae collapse....

Now fast forward two years after starting Xgeva...I am slowly withdrawing from it because since I'm no longer on anti estrogens, I do not not need the bone strengthening as much, and wish to reduce the SE.

BUT, get this, if the withdrawal is done incorrectly, the lack of medication can quickly flood my blood with calcium which would land me incoherent in the emergency room at a hospital....well I don't think need to go any further...the truth is that with all cancer medications we are all stuck between the rock and the hard place.

In the future they will look upon these treatments as ridiculously barbaric, but for now now this is the state of the arts....so we all need to educate ourselves and take the precautions we feel necessary to protect ourselves and minimize the damages.

One more thing...during the clinical trials for Xgeva, they found that daily calcium supplementation was necessary to help prevent the withdrawal of calcium from teeth, jaws or femours....

• aussie-cat
    aussie-cat Member Posts: 5,502
    edited March 2019

BadLuck, I also receive email notifications of new posts on some threads in this forum. When I delete the emails, it doesn't delete the posts on the forum, just the notifications on my computer. If you try clicking on the following link, does it take you to the thread that you want?: https://community.breastcancer.org/forum/135/topic...

The only video I could find on this thread recently was this one from Enerva on February 19th but I don't know if that's the one you want or not.

Moon912 the mises are done with 100%wool and yes its called needle felting I saw it on YouTube and I had to try lol

Here is a link to the one I watched on YouTube: https://youtu.be/tkQSwUg5J5A

• leftduetostupidmods
    edited March 2019

You cannot delete posts in the forum. You are not a forum moderator. You can only delete your own posts. Not only that, but on this forum even when posts are deleted by moderators or by the person who posted, the post is still there, but it only says "deleted by Moderators/person who posted" . I would have suggested that you check your computer for viruses but I know of no virus that can do that. What you are describing is you reading your posts email notifications not reading the website forum. Figure that one out, as you said, you're not computer illiterate. The post with the video link is on the forum. I am not going to send you a private message with the link, it's in the forum and I am honestly starting to be a bit uncomfortable with your insistence to privately send you the link.

• leftduetostupidmods
    edited March 2019

gone

• aussie-cat
    aussie-cat Member Posts: 5,502
    edited March 2019

JO-5, I'm impressed by all the jewellery and the painted rocks are cute too!

• melissadallas
    melissadallas Member Posts: 929
    edited March 2019

One of these years I might get this quilt done. I still have no idea what it is going to look like, besides loud. image

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,882
    edited March 2019

Joanne, your jewelry set up would definitely attract me at any art faire. Being the lucky recipient of some of your jewelry I can attest to what high quality work you do. Your rocks are adorable.

Melissa, I love the bright colors of your quilt. It reminds me of a colorful umbrella.

• leftduetostupidmods
    edited March 2019

gone

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,882
    edited March 2019

Seachain, beautiful work!

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,925
    edited March 2019

Is polymer clay heavy?

• BadLuck
    edited March 2019

Seachain - first of all I NEVER asked you to send me a PRIVATE MESSAGE with the link to your video! You are obviously paranoid for some reason. I'm sorry I made you feel that way. As for virus protection, I have 2 - McAfee & a Military grade virus protection on my devises. You also don't want or can't seem to understand or believe that everything before March 4th in this art forum was accidentally deleted by me I messaged the Mods about this & asked them to look into this & explain. I am very aware that you & everyone else in this forum CAN see the post. But I honestly cannot. But it's no big deal now because I am NOT INTERESTED in your video link anymore & wont ask you for anything again! I am sorry to say but you sound like a very cruel & bitter woman.

Joanne - thank you! It was Seachain's 9-year old video on YouTube that she sent me. But I am not interested in seeing it anymore ... she scares me now

• CaliKelly
    CaliKelly Member Posts: 198
    edited March 2019

Seachain, I LOVE the sunny beach jewelry and the tribal necklace the most, but it's all really great!

• pingpong1953
    pingpong1953 Member Posts: 277
    edited March 2019

Seachain, if you don't mind me asking, how do you sell your items on line? Do you have a website, use Etsy or Ebay?

• leftduetostupidmods
    edited March 2019

Wren, no, not at all! That is actually the only thing that gives away my faux gemstones, their weight, lol. But that makes it possible to wear even giant ear rings - if you're into that. It is, after all, nothing else but PVC. But you can make it look like anything - stone, metal, wood, you name it!

• CaliKelly
    CaliKelly Member Posts: 198
    edited March 2019

if you do, save me the sunny beach set!😉

• leftduetostupidmods
    edited March 2019

Thank you, ladies!

pingpong, I have a website.