Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

CALLING ALL ARTISTS- Lets make an art gallery!

Comments

• CaliKelly
    CaliKelly Member Posts: 198
    edited March 2019

Thanks Badluck,๐Ÿ€sending you 4 leaf clovers to change your luck!๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€

• pingpong1953
    pingpong1953 Member Posts: 277
    edited March 2019

Finally opened my Etsy shop. Here's the link, if anyone is interested:

https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/PRFibreDesigns?ref=search_shop_redirect

CaliKelly, I'm not very SM savvy, but I am on Instagram, although I haven't posted anything. I've just clicked "follow" on some people. I'll check out your page.

• CaliKelly
    edited March 2019

Here are my 2 beach girls, working on adding color and resin before mounting them, I've really been so full of ideas I cant work fast enough ๐Ÿ˜„, when they are finished I'll post pictures. I told my plastic surgeon,shes not the only one who can make boobs out of nothing!๐Ÿ˜ƒimageimage

• pingpong1953
    edited April 2019

Well, I finally solved a problem I was having with my Etsy shop and it's really up and running. Now I have to get to work to flesh out my inventory.

• melissadallas
    melissadallas Member Posts: 929
    edited April 2019

There is a fun non-profit shop in my hometown that takes donations of all kinds of leftover crafts materials and sells them for very minimal prices. They also do kids classes, etc. Fun place to go prowl around. I just couldn't leave these tiny beaurifully hand-basted hexies orphaned. Have no idea what to do with them. Also picked up a huge package of templates from a mail order quilting club in the 90s, a quilting spoon and two rolls of really nice wrapping paper that were only 75 cents a piece.

• CaliKelly
    edited April 2019

Finally got a couple of 99%finished projects to show you. Island Girl(note the 1 breast)๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‰, and Tree of Life mirror frame, just needs the mirror . I'm now on Instagram if anyone wants to follow, @kellybeachgirlart, or @kellybeachgirl. I'm really enjoying so much, getting back into art. Hope you are all feeling and healthy!!๐Ÿ’•image

• feelingfeline
    feelingfeline Member Posts: 5,145
    edited April 2019

Heart

• CaliKelly
    edited April 2019

This is called Cali Girl, shes got my hair! It's a clay relief sculpture, acrylic paint and resin. So fun being back to art!, try it! Hope everyone is doing well๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’œimage

• moonflwr912
    moonflwr912 Member Posts: 5,938
    edited April 2019

calikelly, they are beautuful, although i like then unpainted as well.

I havent done anything lately, but I did finally pivk up my crochet again. Im trying to finish a baby afghan.

Bad luck, A Nasty Soul, otherwise known anastrozole, can be horrible. But there are other Estrogen blockers you could try that have less side affects for you. I loved your drawing, I am so not talented in that direction. LOL

Much love to all on this thread.

• feelingfeline
    edited April 2019

Heart

• moonflwr912
    moonflwr912 Member Posts: 5,938
    edited April 2019

Reposting a poem I wrote for this time of year:

Eostre Poem

โ™ก

The Mother cloaks herself in green

This early springtime morn;

And everywhere new life is seen

A world again reborn.

โ™ก

The cycle of the seasons clicks

Just one more turn ahead;

We suffer time's relentless ticks,

Lost dreams, and words, unsaid.

โ™ก

The swollen streams have had their fill,

They hold it with no lack.

And though the days are colder still,

There is no turning back.

โ™ก

We seem to always want to hold

Onto the old ways too;

But if your choice is always bold,

The future is for you.

โ™ก

And so the Mother's cloaked in green

This early springtime morn;

And everywhere new life is seen,

As we, once more, are born.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,925
    edited April 2019

Very nice, Moonflower.

• CaliKelly
    edited April 2019

Excellent!๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’š

• feelingfeline
    edited April 2019

HeartBeautiful Moonflower.

• pingpong1953
    edited April 2019

Lovely!ย 

• aussie-cat
    aussie-cat Member Posts: 5,502
    edited April 2019

Very evocative poem!

• DianeC
    DianeC Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2019

I made this for my mother, grandmother, and my cousin. I call it angel wings.

• CaliKelly
    edited April 2019

Here's my latest, Mermaid, clay relief sculpture. She's drying, awaiting the finishes.Going to do something different with the finishes. Wait and see! Covering one breast, representing my mastectomy ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜ƒimage

• Yndorian
    Yndorian Member Posts: 236
    edited April 2019

Beautiful...

• feelingfeline
    edited April 2019

Glorious!

• morningdove
    morningdove Member Posts: 11
    edited April 2019

What about original songs?

• CaliKelly
    edited April 2019

Songs are poetry, right? Love to see them! Thanks to all for your kind comments on my pieces, I've been in such a creative mood now! Check my Instagram @kellybeachgirlart, I'm getting ready to try selling now, running out of places to put them!๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜ƒโคLadies, let's see more!!been kinda slow here lately. Also check out the breast cancer art project on Instagram, it's very interesting and moving

• morningdove
    edited April 2019

Thanks so much for responding CaliKelly and I will definitely check out your art! Creative energy is such a gift! Let it flow! Here is my contribution. I wrote this song 4 days after my surgery for bc on Valentine's day of this year and recorded it at home. I've been writing songs since I was just a kid and I come from parents that have the gift of music. I am sensitive to those who listen and are in a place and or dealing with a diagnosis that is different from my own experience and emotions at this time. Still I hope that the message "no matter the news" "you're never alone" is what is heard.

"The Best Is Yet To Come"

• aussie-cat
    edited April 2019

Good song, morningdove and well sung.

• CaliKelly
    edited April 2019

morning dove, I just played your song and I just want to cry, but not sad or sorry tears, but proud, happy, really just tears of sisterhood I guess!, The lyrics and your voice combined to so perfectly present the message! I LOVE IT! It is very special and I hope and wish you can record it and distribute it somehow to b.c. warriors around the world! Go on Instagram @breast cancerartproject ,they would love to post it!, I love the country music sound, anyway I guess I just want more people to hear it, my kind of positive message!Thank you!

• feelingfeline
    edited April 2019

ThumbsUpHeart

• morningdove
    edited April 2019

โค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธ Sisters we are.

• BadLuck
    BadLuck Member Posts: 81
    edited April 2019

Hello my fellow creative sisters.

CaliKelly, you are a fantastic creator of art! I love your recent works! Keep up the great art! Looking forward to seeing much more.

Morningdove, your song was so touching & absolutely so beautiful. CaliKelly took the words right out of my mouth in response to your song! You need to get that recording out there! It made me cry all the way through, as CaliKelly explained ... tears of sisterhood.

I've been away from this site for awhile with progressive health issues going on with me lately ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ

Been going back & forth to doctors with no answers so they ordered more labs, x-rays, ultrasound & MRI scheduled for next Friday. Hopefully there will be some answers. Please pray for me.

But did manage to complete another portrait. This one is my grandson who like my niece I recently drew, also loves to play on the shore of Lake Superior.

• CaliKelly
    edited April 2019

Oh, Badluck, I will pray that your name will soon need to be changed to Goodluck! So sorry to hear you are still having more health issues. That sucks! But, wow your drawing is such perfection! Like a photograph! So realistic! Beautiful job!

• aussie-cat
    edited April 2019

BadLuck, I'm sorry that you're struggling with health issues and I pray that your test results are as good as possible and you get good medical care. May God bring you comfort and peace. That is an excellent drawing!

Here is a photo of the top that I painted hot pink and royal blue on and sewed pink lace around the neck because it's hard to find tops with hot pink on.