Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

CALLING ALL ARTISTS- Lets make an art gallery!

Options

Comments

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,875
    edited October 2020
    Options

CDR, Really nice painting. What medium do you use?

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,990
    edited October 2020
    Options

Lovely painting, CDR_Westchester! Thanks for sharing!

• PeppermintPatti
    PeppermintPatti Member Posts: 10
    edited November 2020
    Options

image The Owl Prince earned me an Honorable Mention ribbon 1 month after I got fired upon my return to work after breast cancer reconstruction surgery. This was my very first art show! Really gave me one heck of a morale boost!

• PeppermintPatti
    PeppermintPatti Member Posts: 10
    edited November 2020
    Options

I am so thrilled The Owl Prince yielded me an Honorable Mention ribbon! Here I am at the Reception.

• wren44
    edited November 2020
    Options

A well deserved honor. That's a marvelous painting.

• aussie-cat
    aussie-cat Member Posts: 5,496
    edited November 2020
    Options

Patti, that's a great painting - well done! I'm sorry you got fired though. Thanks for posting a photo of yourself too. Take care.

• moonflwr912
    moonflwr912 Member Posts: 5,937
    edited November 2020
    Options

Fithyear, so great! Everyone is doing great wirk!

• feelingfeline
    feelingfeline Member Posts: 5,145
    edited November 2020
    Options

Well done Patti, a beautiful painting. Well deserved.

• AngelsGal57
    AngelsGal57 Member Posts: 103
    edited December 2020
    Options

• wren44
    edited December 2020
    Options

Lovely. What medium do you use?

• AngelsGal57
    edited December 2020
    Options

Wren44,

I use watercolor and it is a tremendous therapy. Unfortunately mentally I find it so hard to focus on painting. I thought maybe posting this would help me get motivated to pick up a brush again.

It has been 6 months since I painted.

Angelsgal

• AngelsGal57
    edited December 2020
    Options

Snookie1954

That is a fantastic painting. One of my favorite early masters paintings.

Well Done!!!

Angelsgal

• wren44
    edited December 2020
    Options

From what I hear, most artists are having trouble with motivation right now. Probably has something to do with consistent unease about everything.

• aussie-cat
    edited December 2020
    Options

AngelsGal, your painting is very good. I want to encourage you to do more painting but I know it's hard. Maybe have a think about what you'd like to paint and getting out your paints etc.

• NancyGC
    NancyGC Member Posts: 6
    edited December 2020
    Options

I'm a seed bead jewelry artist and instructor from Colorado.

• wren44
    edited December 2020
    Options

Nancy, those are gorgeous! My eyes hurt thinking of poking something into all those tiny beads. I'm sure you're a good teacher, also.

• aussie-cat
    edited December 2020
    Options

Nancy, that's very intricate work! Well done.

• ladyc2020
    ladyc2020 Member Posts: 87
    edited December 2020
    Options

I’ve been feeling the creative urge recently and yesterday did a series of self- portraits, something I’ve never done. I’m a photographer and take sunset pics, weddings and family portraits usually. I hope to do more with others out there, still working on how to go about it. But have plans for 2021. Anyhow, here’s a low resolution of a pic I feel good about... as everyone here is a survivor, I’m wondering what you think. And would you want a portrait like this, to various degrees? Thanks ☺️

• miriandra
    miriandra Member Posts: 2,057
    edited December 2020
    Options

Beautiful work, NancyCG! Where in Colorado are you? I'm in Denver. :)

Ladyc, what a great way to showcase the beauty of your changed body! I think it's high time we had a cultural conversation about accepting that survivor and warrior bodies are going to look different. We shouldn't have to hide behind full-coverage shirts or prostheses, or be expected to get implants, or otherwise camouflage how our bodies have changed for the sake of other people. (If we're doing it for the sake of our own comfort and sense of normality, that's a different story - we should absolutely do what makes us feel right in our body.)

Some women have had challenges with implants and reconstruction, and had to have their surgeries reversed. If I, as a woman who choses to embrace my look, can help make asymmetrical bodies become more mainstream and help a woman who has to be without a breast or breasts feel more normal, I'm excited for that.

• ladyc2020
    edited December 2020
    Options

Lovely Miriandra!! Yes, I definitely agree with everything you said. My own mother had a mastectomy, and was flat for 5 years. Then a neighbor said something hurtful to her and she went and had reconstruction. She now half wishes she had not, due to needing surgeries to correct things, to make them more aesthetically ‘pleasing’. I am sure we have come a long way over the decades, but I’d love to help women feel good about their changed bodies.

• wren44
    edited December 2020
    Options

I had a mastectomy with no recon and am happy with that decision. I would like to have the other one off, too, because at 80 it's nothing to look at anyway and I hate bras. I mostly go bare unless an outfit really needs a bra to look decent.

• miriandra
    miriandra Member Posts: 2,057
    edited December 2020
    Options

If I have to wear a bra, I wear half a rabbit bra or one of the other stick-on bras for backless dresses. Not the best support, but it keeps things from jiggling or getting nipply.

• NancyGC
    edited December 2020
    Options

Thank you!

• NancyGC
    edited December 2020
    Options

Thank you! I'm in the Springs.

• NancyGC
    edited December 2020
    Options

Thank you!

• moonflwr912
    edited December 2020
    Options

A few gifts I madeimage

imageimage

• wren44
    edited December 2020
    Options

Moonflower, Those are gorgeous. Lucky people who receive them as gifts.

• ladyc2020
    edited December 2020
    Options

moonflower - so beautiful! I am sure whoever gets on will be just thrilled!

• moonflwr912
    edited January 2021
    Options

Thank you. I had made many of the pendants and earring components a few years ago before my hand tremors got worse. But I finally sat down to put them together. Only dropped about 10 pieces! LOL. Thats pretty good! LOL. Its all relative. At the time, I was experimenting with torch patinas. Thats how the got those lovely colors. I hate to give them away, but I only have one neck! LOL

• alexaben
    alexaben Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2021
    Options

all pictures are awesome but i do not have to post any pictures like this ,this is so beautiful