Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Dogs, dogs, dogs!

Options

Comments

• castigame
    castigame Member Posts: 336
    edited August 2021
    Options

Came home opened my luggage to unpack. My beagle who has not seen me for two wks came asking mommy what r u doing. The moment I picked my black dress I wore for pops funeral. My beagle ran as fast as far as possible. Dogs are extremely intuitive I say.

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 9,894
    edited August 2021
    Options

I miss my Deeohgee and tag. It’s been almost a year since we lost tag. And only four months since Deeohgee. Seems like forever. I’m going to mend my heart a little more, then seek a rescue. I need a dog.

• micmel
    edited August 2021
    Options

• m0mmyof3
    m0mmyof3 Member Posts: 9,422
    edited August 2021
    Options

Nugget had a surprise last night. Mommy and Daddy took him for a walk last night when it was cooler.

• magiclight
    magiclight Member Posts: 6,656
    edited August 2021
    Options

President Biden signed the PAWS Act into law Wednesday.

The PAWS ACT, or 'Puppies Assisting Wounded Service members for Veterans Therapy Act,' authorizes the Secretary of Veterans Affairs to create a pilot program on dog training therapy that will provide dog-training skills and service dogs to veterans with mental illnesses.

• celiac
    celiac Member Posts: 1,260
    edited August 2021
    Options

magiclight - Thanks for sharing the news about the PAWS Act. I think the dogs will help our veterans, who deserve anything we can do to honor them for their service and help their mental state.

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,173
    edited August 2021
    Options

Win Win for everyone ❤️❤️

• m0mmyof3
    edited August 2021
    Options

The 17th of next month will mark the 1st Anniversary of Nugget’s “Gotcha Day”

• m0mmyof3
    edited September 2021
    Options

Nugget s learning two new tricks. He’s learning “Speak” and to “Give me your paw” for treats.

• micmel
    edited September 2021
    Options

I want a dog so bad. But the dog I want I can’t have back. I guess I’m not ready yet.

• mcbaker
    mcbaker Member Posts: 1,799
    edited September 2021
    Options

I made peanut butter cookies and canned spaghetti sauce this morning. I gave Tippy a piece of peanut butter cookie. I finally had to convince him that they were all gone. But he is still looking at the carpet, thinking he can find a crumb of the deliciousness.

Micmel, the grief will ease. Have you heard of Hamnet, by Maggie O,Farrell? Maybe that will help.

• m0mmyof3
    edited September 2021
    Options

Nugget’s snuggling with me since I came down sick with food poisoning yesterday.

• micmel
    edited September 2021
    Options

omg feel better please. Good puppers!! Good puppers.

• m0mmyof3
    edited September 2021
    Options

ty All his cuddling made me feel so much better

• mcbaker
    edited September 2021
    Options

Tippy is seventeen pounds, so too much for a hawk or eagle. He is never off-leash outside unless he escapes. He has a need to run, so I take him for runs with my mobility scooter. Other times when we are on the property I drop the leash. He teases me, running ahead, then waiting until he is far behind, them passes by me. Occasionally a bear ambles through town, and everyone closes their doors and waits until it is gone. Other than that, coyotes and wolves stay away. We are working on ignoring big dogs. It is a work in progress.

• spookiesmom
    edited September 2021
    Options

• m0mmyof3
    edited September 2021
    Options

lol

• rah2464
    rah2464 Member Posts: 1,192
    edited September 2021
    Options

Spookiesmom those are great haha

• m0mmyof3
    edited September 2021
    Options

Nugget stayed pretty close to me after I received news of a dear friend having passed from lung cancer

• spookiesmom
    edited September 2021
    Options

Has anyone ever used a Thunder Shirt on their dog? Kris is a total basket case with our almost daily thunderstorm. Shaking, panting, drooling, trying to hide from it. I have trazadone for him. and it helps. He gets 1/4 tab. But it makes him so loopy he can’t jump on the couch.

• m0mmyof3
    edited September 2021
    Options

Haven’t had to use one with Nugget yet. He tolerates thunderstorms pretty well.

• m0mmyof3
    edited September 2021
    Options

Celebrated the 1 yr anniversary of Nugget’s “Gotcha Day” with buying him a new doggie collar.

• rah2464
    rah2464 Member Posts: 1,192
    edited September 2021
    Options

Happy Gotcha Day, Nugget!!

• m0mmyof3
    edited September 2021
    Options

Nugget is also getting a huge treat of a “Doggie Spa Day”.

• betrayal
    betrayal Member Posts: 2,166
    edited September 2021
    Options

My DD bought Thundershirts for her dog and mine. Her dog is 95 lb. and is so afraid he tries to hide behind the toilet in her powderroom. Mine just quakes and will hide behind the couch in the family room. Needless to say, they were expensive and did not work. She did manage to take both back for a refund. So I would think twice about purchasing one.

• spookiesmom
    edited September 2021
    Options

I did get one. We had our daily storm, put it on. He was still shaking, but not as bad. Took it back next day, got refund

• castigame
    castigame Member Posts: 336
    edited September 2021
    Options

My beagle dog maybe a little needy. She is afraid of thunderstorm. So any time weather changes which is almost twice a day in Florida summers, She asks for thundershirt, and dogi anxiety pill with little bit of peanut butter.

• spookiesmom
    edited September 2021
    Options

I got trazodone for Kris when DH was in hospice and ppl in and out frequently He doesn’t do well with strangers, he hides. I only give him 1/4 tablet. He gets drunk, can’t jump on couch. I don’t know what to do for him. Few more weeks of rainy season

• spookiesmom
    edited September 2021
    Options

• mcbaker
    edited September 2021
    Options

Tried to hit the like button, but realized there isn't one here. I need to get to bed.