Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Dogs, dogs, dogs!

Options

Comments

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,173
    edited May 2021
    Options

Spookie has steps to the couch and our bed. I’ve seen this for real🤣🤣

• mcbaker
    mcbaker Member Posts: 1,799
    edited May 2021
    Options

I so much believe that!

• GermanshepherdsR4me
    GermanshepherdsR4me Member Posts: 9
    edited May 2021
    Options

Hello,

Apparently, I can't seem to figure out how to post a picture of my boy and I'm getting a message that I'm not allowed to post a link. I was just trying to post a picture of my dog. What am I doing wrong?

-S

• spookiesmom
    edited May 2021
    Options

in the top of the post box, there is an icon that sort of looks like mountains. Click on that, follow the prompts.

Can’t wait to see your boy, I can’t do links either.

• m0mmyof3
    m0mmyof3 Member Posts: 9,422
    edited May 2021
    Options

Nugget had a big adventure today. We took him over to meet his Daddy’s parents. My in-laws fell in love with him!

• spookiesmom
    edited May 2021
    Options

I have a new addition, Kris and kitten get along really well. Spookie wants him goneimage

• m0mmyof3
    edited May 2021
    Options

Cute!

• magiclight
    magiclight Member Posts: 6,656
    edited June 2021
    Options

Heart

• mavericksmom
    mavericksmom Member Posts: 1,150
    edited June 2021
    Options

Anyone here own a Coton de Tulear ? I am researching for my next dog. I think this breed may be a great fit for me and my husband, but I would love to hear from anyone here who owns one.

• spookiesmom
    edited June 2021
    Options

I’ve seen pics, look cute. I think they are high maintenance, like Maltese. Spookie goes to groomer every 2 months gets a haircut sanitary trim, nails. Even when she was in full coat. Frequent brushing at home to combat mats. Groomers aren’t cheap either, another thing to consider

• mavericksmom
    mavericksmom Member Posts: 1,150
    edited June 2021
    Options

Good point Spookiesmom!

Thanks for posting that! I definitely don’t want to pay to have a dog groomed every two months! I want a breed I can groom myself. I don’t mind brushing hair every day, but I think I need to Keep researching! I didn’t even consider grooming expenses, only veterinary bills. Is it me or is owning a dog so much more expensive now, taking into account cost of living and inflation.

• castigame
    castigame Member Posts: 336
    edited June 2021
    Options

On a remotely related note. We brought home

a beagle about 11 yrs ago. This was a couple month after I had allergen tests done at drs office. Turned out I had pet allergy. Beagle sheds but I never was and am allergic to her.

• spookiesmom
    edited June 2021
    Options

Awww beagles are cute too. Bit headstrong if they get a good smell.

Everything is more expensive. You may want to check into pet insurance. I don’t have it on my fur kids, best to get when young, couldn’t afford it then. Sounds like a shorthair dog would be better. Keep in mind, they all shed.

• mcbaker
    edited June 2021
    Options

I came to the conclusion that I cannot afford to have Tippy groomed. I already have table, clippers, scissors. A friend from the dog-walkers of the park is coming over tomorrow afternoon. I have a trazadone to give him two hours before the grooming session begins, and I have watched several videos. Nervous. She also has a shorkie, she can afford grooming, but her baby goes into a total panic whenever mom is not around. She may start doing it, too.

• spookiesmom
    edited June 2021
    Options

Yeah, Spookie is $60, Kris is $65. Wasn’t so bad when DH was alive, he paid for Kris. And his vet bills. But they are my fur kids, and they must be taken care of. image

• rah2464
    rah2464 Member Posts: 1,192
    edited June 2021
    Options

Your pups are beautiful, Spookiesmom!

• spookiesmom
    edited June 2021
    Options

❤️❤️❤️

• mcbaker
    edited June 2021
    Options

I'll try to get a picture of his funny haircut. I gave him a trazadone two hours before, but he still wasn't happy. Then the clippers died. But at least I can see his eyes. And his feet don't look twice the size as they really are. She came in after I started, and we got to chat between squirms. Got some matts out, too.

• m0mmyof3
    edited June 2021
    Options

So glad my Nugget is easy to groom. I can bathe, clip his nails and trim the fur in between the pads when it gets too long and a quick brush out. Saves me money and lots of time.

• Jetcat
    Jetcat Member Posts: 18
    edited June 2021
    Options

Hi to all from Fitzy- my Velcro pup and best buddy-image

• rah2464
    rah2464 Member Posts: 1,192
    edited June 2021
    Options

Oh Fitzy you sure are handsome !!!

• spookiesmom
    edited June 2021
    Options

oooooooh aren’t you handsome ❤️👍❤️❤️❤️❤️Love his cut!!

• mcbaker
    edited June 2021
    Options

I am encouraging the velcro moments. Want to tell him it is OK, because I will be moving soon, and know that there will be some loneliness while growing new relationships and renewing the old.

• magiclight
    magiclight Member Posts: 6,656
    edited June 2021
    Options

Jetcat: Fitzy is gorgeous. I had a great black standard poodle and now am mom to a klein (medium) red poodle. This one is not velcro, but a lover nontheless.

• spookiesmom
    edited June 2021
    Options

Wow! Another Klein/moyen mom!!! Kris is one too!! He is a rescue, was daddy’s boy. Great pups.

• Jetcat
    Jetcat Member Posts: 18
    edited June 2021
    Options

Thanks fellow poodle lovers! I had read about Kleins because that’s exactly the size I wanted but Fitzy was meant to be. He was supposed to be a show dog and his granddad actually won best in breed (or something like that) at Westminster. Poor Fitzy had to be neutered due to a medical problem so he became a show dog drop out. I had to put down my 12 yo cockapoo and vet told me about Fitz. It was Love at first sight! Enjoy your awesome pups

• m0mmyof3
    edited June 2021
    Options

Nugget’s been a bit down since he can’t sit on my lap today because of my sciatica rearing its ugly head. He did get on the couch and lay down near my feet when I laid on the couch earlier today.

• castigame
    castigame Member Posts: 336
    edited June 2021
    Options

my beagle is really food motivated. She was found abandoned by local road as a puppy. This happened in the middle of chemo treatments. I sat down with perfectly ripen banana and offered a decent size piece to my beagle which she declined I offered a smaller piece which she said no again. And then she told me "mommy you need that banana more than I do so no" I really thought I was going to die soon.

• mcbaker
    edited June 2021
    Options

HeartI got Tippy a year after diagnosis, 8/18, so just before my implant exchange. He got me out of the house with his constant demands to go for walks.

• m0mmyof3
    edited June 2021
    Options

Nugget was a velcro pup while I was dealing with the pain which turned out not to be sciatica but tendonitis. He was so patient with me while I was dealing with it.