Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Dogs, dogs, dogs!

Options

Comments

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,173
    edited December 2021
    Options

Everyone at the dog park tenses up and calls their pups when an Eagle goes over. I’m in the third most populated county in Florida. 1 1/2 million people in 23 square miles. Surprisingly there is enough of a food supplies to supply the birds. And a small white fluffy dog can look like a rabbit.

• spookiesmom
    edited January 2022
    Options

• Blinx
    Blinx Member Posts: 82
    edited January 2022
    Options

imageThis is my guy Zekey with a pillow that I ordered just before Christmas. If I'm brave enough, I'll bring it to chemo as my "emotional support pillow". Zekey's my first ever dog, adopted at age 1 -- he's now 13. When we were both younger we hiked on many woodland trails but now enjoy the local parks. He's such a loveable imp, always making me laugh! Among his many nicknames is Mr. Pickle Pie, most times shortened to just "Pic".

• magiclight
    magiclight Member Posts: 6,656
    edited January 2022
    Options

Blinx, so cute. Sounds like a good idea to have his likeness as your emotional support pillow. Hold on to him as he may be quite popular.

• rah2464
    rah2464 Member Posts: 1,192
    edited January 2022
    Options

Oh Blinx! What a beautiful doggo. Love the nickname "Mr Pickle Pie" I agree with magic light, you will have to hold that pillow very tightly.

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,806
    edited January 2022
    Options

Hope the pillow worked but a snuggle with a real doggie is priceless. I have been in my infusion center several times when volunteers have come around real comfort dogs. Once, a corgi group was there and brought three cute corgis with them. I’m not there often but haven’t seen dogs for while. Another casualty of COVID I suppose.

• celiac
    celiac Member Posts: 1,260
    edited January 2022
    Options

Oh, Blinx - just love your doggo Zekey and his pillow replica! Keep both the pillow and the real doggo close to you, as I am sure both will bring you comfort on your journey.

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 9,894
    edited January 2022
    Options

love the pillow. Hoping to adopt soon. I miss my fur babies. Everyday

• magiclight
    magiclight Member Posts: 6,656
    edited January 2022
    Options

I subscribe to Dog Food Advisor and get updates on pet product recalls. Their latest and recurring topic is about Xylitol and its deadly effects on dogs. The most popular brands of peanut butter, such as Jif, Skippy, Smuckers and Peter Pan are all xylitol-free. There are currently five peanut butter brands that use xylitol: Go Nuts Co., Krush Nutrition, Nuts 'N More, P28 Foods, and Protein Plus PB. My dog loves peanut butter so I stick with the xylitol-free brands.

Xylitol: Popular Sweetener That Can Be Deadly to Your Dog (dogfoodadvisor.com)

• spookiesmom
    edited January 2022
    Options

I get his emails too. Haven’t heard of most of the recalled brands, but always good to know. I really like him.

• m0mmyof3
    m0mmyof3 Member Posts: 9,422
    edited January 2022
    Options

Nugget is such a spoiled pup. Won’t lay down in his dog bed until mommy fixes the blanket just how he likes it.

• pebblesv
    pebblesv Member Posts: 486
    edited February 2022
    Options

Very cute about Nugget! Finley like to make his own bed and sleeps underneath the covers just like us.

Good to know on the recalled brands, thank you for sharing.

Spookiesmom that profile pic of Spookie is so cute!

Micmel thinking of you, I miss Domino, Kit Kat and Tucker too. Finley helps fill the void so when you're ready, I think adopting again just shares the love and how you can bring so much joy to another dog and visa versa.

Happy Year of the Tiger fellow paw parents! To embracing the future while always remembering the past.

• m0mmyof3
    m0mmyof3 Member Posts: 9,422
    edited February 2022
    Options

Nugget is a little mad at his mommy. I washed and dried his dog bed (was so stinky). Laid his blankets to dry on a clothes rack after they got washed too.

• pebblesv
    pebblesv Member Posts: 486
    edited February 2022
    Options

Awww! Nugget will forgive you I'm sure.

• parakeetsrule
    parakeetsrule Member Posts: 605
    edited February 2022
    Options

Here's my Dakota. She's pretty to look at but she's more like a 55 pound grouchy cat than a dog. For her, this is cuddling:image

Did I mention she's pretty though??

• spookiesmom
    edited February 2022
    Options

very pretty!! And furry ❤️❤️

• rah2464
    edited February 2022
    Options

Oh Parakeet what a gorgeous girl! We were blessed enough to have a husky for a couple of years (we took him in when he was 12 and he passed when he was 14). Such wonderful doggos but yes, the personality

• mcbaker
    mcbaker Member Posts: 1,799
    edited February 2022
    Options

Oh Parakeet--what a beautiful dog!! I know what you mean by a grouchy cat. My shih-tzu mix "talks" all the time. I broke my knee two months ago, and we used to take long walks. Now it is all I can do to walk around the block. I think we are both grouchy. I am getting frustrated easily.

He needs a bath, but first I have to prepare the kitchen for that adventure. No more tub baths, and he is 17 pounds, so almost out of the range of kitchen sink baths.

• parakeetsrule
    parakeetsrule Member Posts: 605
    edited February 2022
    Options
    She is very strange, even for a husky! She also never howls or talks, she only barks like a guard dog whenever anything moves in the backyard, so that was a nice bonus since I live alone. I adopted her when she was 10.5 and she's almost 13 now, so who knows what her life was like before?
  • jo-jo2018
    jo-jo2018 Member Posts: 139
    edited February 2022
    Options

This girl is my heart, I pull all my strength from her

• rah2464
    edited February 2022
    Options

JoJo Heart

• spookiesmom
    edited February 2022
    Options

❤️😍😍❤️.

• spookiesmom
    edited February 2022
    Options

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,806
    edited February 2022
    Options

Chihuahuas are known to be great sunbathers. My patio gradually gets the sun in winter (well, Northern California winter) but sometimes Pumpkin can’t wait. Note the tiny bit of sun on her body as she does her best impression of a potted plant 😂

• spookiesmom
    edited February 2022
    Options

• jo-jo2018
    edited February 2022
    Options

I am most definitely one of those crazy dog people then Happy

• jo-jo2018
    edited February 2022
    Options

• spookiesmom
    edited February 2022
    Options

Think we all are

• mcbaker
    mcbaker Member Posts: 1,799
    edited February 2022
    Options

I am not one of the crazy ones, but that is only due to being allowed to have one pet per apartment contract rules. However, I do know that whenever he gets loose, he checks up on every dog-owning home in the neighborhood, then returns home. I know that that does not count. Yes, and I talk with him all the time.

• rah2464
    edited February 2022
    Options

Spookiesmom that is truth!