Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Dogs, dogs, dogs!

Options

Comments

• m0mmyof3
    m0mmyof3 Member Posts: 9,422
    edited July 2021
    Options

Nugget got to meet my parents this morning when they stopped here for coffee before going on to the last leg of their trip. They thought he was so cute and he got along with their dog. My mom usually doesn't let dogs kiss her but she let her grandpup give her kisses. Nugget was so happy playing "fetch the tennis ball" with my stepdad.

• mcbaker
    mcbaker Member Posts: 1,799
    edited July 2021
    Options

I have to leave this laptop at the shop next week. He said it might be easy to fix. I hope so. I never opened the app on my phone, and just discovered that I have a lot more time in the day if I delete solitaire and Face Book from my phone. I just woke up from my morning nap.

Pain is back. My left shoulder and arm are aching. I know that amputation wouldn't help because it is nerve pain.

I have two jobs coming soon, and a third still promised. I don't know what I will do if the two jobs arrive on the same day. Coin toss? Date they told me that they had chosen me to do the work? What is fairest?

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,173
    edited July 2021
    Options

• m0mmyof3
    edited July 2021
    Options

Amen Spookie!

I am dreading tonight with the jerks in my neighborhood. Nugget will be a basket case!

• mcbaker
    edited July 2021
    Options

I have a pill to give Tippy, but I really would rather save it for my experiments in DIY grooming.

• spookiesmom
    edited July 2021
    Options

I got some med for Kris when DH was in hospice at home. He wasn’t doing well with all the ppl in and out. Gave him on about 7 tonight. He’s barely twiching an Ear with the noise. Best thing ever.

• mcbaker
    edited July 2021
    Options

I didn't give it to him. Instead, we slept the first part of the night with me curled around him.

• spookiesmom
    edited July 2021
    Options

Was great. He heard it, but didn’t care. No panting shaking drooling hiding underneath a table. This am normal. Not hung over just fine.

• m0mmyof3
    edited July 2021
    Options

Nugget had a bad night. Usually thunderstorms don’t bother him but one came through in the middle of the night and it woke him up. Had to cuddle him to get him to go back to sleep through the worst of it.

• spookiesmom
    edited July 2021
    Options

poor baby, hate when that happens.

• magiclight
    magiclight Member Posts: 6,656
    edited July 2021
    Options

• mcbaker
    edited July 2021
    Options

Tippy is much less anxious while I am in the grocery store if he has a treat he can eat when I get back. So I tried doing this at home. Sure enough, it was still there when I got back. I told him what a good boy he was, and he ate it. My suspicions are that he was indeed a good boy.

I got back from the gym, he got his treat. Then he sat by the TV, staring at me. He wanted YouTube doggie music. I think we are getting this communication thing figured out-- on his terms, not mine.

• spookiesmom
    edited July 2021
    Options

Yes, it’s hard for us hooomans to learn how to speak dog.

• m0mmyof3
    edited July 2021
    Options

Yes it is. Nugget kept nudging my shoulder with his nose to let me know he was pretty scared during the storm. Kept telling him “Mommy’s got you. It’s okay.“ Daddy gave him a few kisses and belly scratches too.

• rah2464
    rah2464 Member Posts: 1,192
    edited July 2021
    Options

MC how sweet! Tippy is a very good boy, indeed and quite lucky to have found you Heart

• mcbaker
    edited July 2021
    Options

I am so lucky to have found him. I had a Dr. appt this morning and sure enough, he left the treat until I got back.

• pebblesv
    pebblesv Member Posts: 486
    edited August 2021
    Options

Hello fellow paw parents - it's been a long time since I've checked in because the unthinkable happened. My most favored little spirit animal Domino crossed the rainbow bridge. She was thisclose to turning 15. She was so healthy all along that I really thought she'd easily make it 16 years, and maybe even be a miracle dog and live to 20! I know 14 (almost 15) years is a good, long life for a dog and I'm trying to take comfort in that. But you know, it's hard to be in a chapter of life without her. Domino has been with me through 3 relationships, 3 different jobs, at least 3 different places to live, traveled all over the United States with me wherever I went - business trips included - and was my ESA dog accompanying me to breast cancer check-ups and treatment. They knew her in the radiation area - Domino would hang out while they got me set up, and she was in a little carrier with wheels, and then a tech would wheel her out while I got the radiation treatment and she would hang out with the staff and watch me on a computer, and then they would wheel her back in when I was done. She got called the "best example of an ESA dog" by regular staffers at the hospital.

So... I am broken-hearted over this. Trying to take comfort in the fact that she went really peacefully, it really was old age and she passed in her sleep and didn't suffer (even Tucker had convulsions when it was his time, but not Domino - in fact, she looked up just before passing as if she was seeing her bosom buddy Kit Kat coming to meet her from across the rainbow bridge).

And so, it's a new chapter. We still have little Finley and he gets pretty jealous if I'm around other dogs so we've decided our paw family - once full with 3 and sometimes 4 dogs - consists of just Finley now and that is alright. I can't adopt another dog right now anyways, I would feel like I'm replacing Domino and I can't do that. I favored Domino, everyone knew that, this was my special little spirit animal and she favored me too.

And I love Finley so much and he's very attached to me and he too is the most precious dog and it's all about him now. But I loved Domino and there will never be another dog like her, this I know.

Anyways, cheers to Domino and I hope my little spirit animal is re-united with Kit Kat and Tucker across the rainbow bridge and that her spirit lives on.

Domino and me:

Me and my husband with the "original pack" Domino, Kit Kat and Tucker:

Domino with her ESA vest (she was so perfectly trained and well behaved!):

Me and my husband with Domino and Finley (after Kit Kat and Tucker crossed the rainbow bridge):

Domino coming with me to breast cancer treatments:

The original bosom buddies now reunited - Domino and Kit Kat:

• rah2464
    edited August 2021
    Options

Pebbles I am so so sorry to hear about your loss of Domino. She was truly your spirit guide and will continue to be so for you. We love all our four footeds but there is always that truly special one that lives in our heart. ((Hugs))

• betrayal
    betrayal Member Posts: 2,163
    edited August 2021
    Options

So sorry to read of Domino's passing. She was truly a beauty and I am glad she will be reunited with her bosom buddy Kit Kat. Hugs to you, your spouse and Finley.

• spookiesmom
    edited August 2021
    Options

💔💔

• dodgersgirl
    dodgersgirl Member Posts: 1,902
    edited August 2021
    Options

Pebbles— sorry to read about Domino. I remember the photos you posted while I was going thru Stage 3 active treatment. Having lost my fur grand baby at the same time as diagnosis, I so enjoyed all that you shared. You and Domino provided joy to lots of us who never met you. Thank you for sharing then. Hugs being sent to you now.

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 9,894
    edited August 2021
    Options

I am sooo sorry and broken hearted about Domino. He was t even mine and I adored him. I am so sorry and I hope you know he had a great home and mommy. I still miss my Deeohgee so I know it won't be easy at all. I just so damn sorry. They are like family. Sending you hugs. Maybe they are playing together. I like the thought of that.

• Emily21
    Emily21 Member Posts: 67
    edited August 2021
    Options

imageElliot Bear, Me and Em. ❤️

• spookiesmom
    edited August 2021
    Options

what a cute pic of everyone!

• rah2464
    edited August 2021
    Options

What a great pic! Bear is a beautiful boy

• pebblesv
    pebblesv Member Posts: 486
    edited August 2021
    Options

Thank you SOoooo much fellow paw parents for posting and your condolences on Domino. It warms my heart to know that posting pics of her helped a lot of us through our treatment and I like to think too that she's there playing with Kit Kat and DeeOhGee and Tucker and all our other loved fluffs who have crossed the rainbow bridge in their doggie heaven.

• castigame
    castigame Member Posts: 336
    edited August 2021
    Options

yes unconditional love alone all dogs go to heaven.

• spookiesmom
    edited August 2021
    Options

• magiclight
    magiclight Member Posts: 6,656
    edited August 2021
    Options

Spookie...great photo caption - I keep learning that lesson Happy

• m0mmyof3
    edited August 2021
    Options

Peebles, I am so sorry to hear about Domino.