Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Dogs, dogs, dogs!

Options

Comments

• rah2464
    rah2464 Member Posts: 1,192
    edited March 2022
    Options

imageOur 3 new babies. They are 3 months old. From a rescue. Part border collie part hyena I think. From left to right Jethro, Miss Jane (Hathaway), and Ellie Mae. Please send alcohol hah

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,173
    edited March 2022
    Options

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Adorable!!! Brave lady taking on 3 puppies at once!!! Go around Lexington, it’s bourbon country there🤣🤣

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 9,894
    edited March 2022
    Options

precious precious

• lilacblue
    lilacblue Member Posts: 1,425
    edited June 2022
    Options

Our sweet Roo flew over the rainbow bridge this morning, relaxed and serene here at home, in her soft cosy bed. What a wonderful 14+ years - so grateful she helped me through my cancer recovery and husbands. We will always love, cherish and miss our Roozy de doozy!

• mcbaker
    mcbaker Member Posts: 1,799
    edited June 2022
    Options

Hug

• OneBadBoob
    OneBadBoob Member Posts: 63
    edited June 2022
    Options

So sorry for your loss

• lilacblue
    edited June 2022
    Options

Thank you so much ladies and know in my heart of hearts, this was the right time. Just terribly sad and miss her.

• spookiesmom
    edited June 2022
    Options

💔💔💔it’s so hard, try to remember the happy times.

• micmel
    edited June 2022
    Options

blue~I’m so very sorry. Such a heavy heart for you. I know what it feels like. I still cry over mine. Sending a hug for you.

• rah2464
    edited June 2022
    Options

Lilacblue I am so sorry for your loss of your Roo I am so glad she was peaceful and at home with you

• lilacblue
    edited June 2022
    Options

Thank you so much spookiesmom, micmel and rah2464 for your kind words. Perhaps you have something like this near you, yet this pet crematorium service we used was remarkable and perfect for us - the most compassionate and peaceful ending for our Roo.

• micmel
    edited June 2022
    Options

we also used a pet crematorium. I have my babies with me in my shelves in the living room. They took paw prints for us also along with a snip of hair. It was difficult to loose my fellas. I still miss them. I’m so sorrg

• micmel
    edited June 2022
    Options

• obsolete
    obsolete Member Posts: 333
    edited June 2022
    Options

So sorry 😔 for the loss of your most precious perfect family members

• rah2464
    edited June 2022
    Options

Micmel that paw print is so wonderful. Our local service doesn't do that, its an ink paw print on paper.

• mcbaker
    edited June 2022
    Options

A pawprint woudl be nice. I would also make a round necklace piece with a few clippings of his hair (Shih-Tzu mix) and some epoxy resin. Burial then.

• spookiesmom
    edited June 2022
    Options

This brings up a problem. I had my last 2 cremated and have their ashes, thinking I would have traditional burial. But I’m going to be cremated too. So what to do with them

• mcbaker
    edited June 2022
    Options

Have their ashes buried with your ashes?

• jo6359
    jo6359 Member Posts: 2,009
    edited July 2022
    Options

Micmel and Spookiesmom it's nice to see familiar names on this site. I'm just touching in. Hope you guys are doing great. There have been so many changes to breast cancer.org. I'm just learning about security breaches. Seeing the doggy pictures always makes me smile. I've been away for a couple of years from the site. Everything is going great. I'm down to six dogs and four cats. Five of my dogs are 10 plus years. So they are all starting to age and experience different health needs. They still keep me on my toes everyday. Love seeing the doggy pictures.

• micmel
    edited July 2022
    Options

good to see you Jo! Hugs to all the pups !! Welcome

Back

• jo6359
    jo6359 Member Posts: 2,009
    edited July 2022
    Options

I'm so sorry about Roo's passing. I remember the beautiful pictures you used to post. What a character. How sad.

• lilacblue
    edited July 2022
    Options

Thank you Jo.

• m0mmyof3
    m0mmyof3 Member Posts: 9,422
    edited July 2022
    Options

Nugget is doing well. He’s a happy, crazy pup as always.

• pebblesv
    pebblesv Member Posts: 486
    edited July 2022
    Options

Checking in with my lovely fellow paw families - have been off the site for a few months.

Sending a paw family welcome to Jethro, Miss Jane (Hathaway), and Ellie Mae! Rah - our Tucker was also a border collie mix and he lived to 18. So some good longevity with border collie mixes! We think he was also part Aussie Shephard but don’t know.

Sending hugs now that Roo has crossed the rainbow bridge. Probably playing with Domino, Kit Kat and Tucker now. I still can’t bring myself to update my profile pic of all 3 pups.

Glad Nugget is doing well and continues to be a ray of sunshine!

Our little Finley continues to be a joy. And today he’s celebrating with me that I got a clear mammogram!

• rah2464
    edited July 2022
    Options

Pebbles glad to see you back and congrats on that clean mammo!

Finley is so cite

• mcbaker
    edited July 2022
    Options

Our dogs are all blessings. My Tippy is

image my companion day and night. I have a weak right ankle from a very old sprain. I also have a messed-up knee from a bike accident last Thanksgiving. I have been walking outside the apartment with hiking poles and his leash secured to a belt. But so often he would bolt and nearly pull me over-- it was downright dangerous. I finally got us a remote-controlled collar (otherwise called a s____ collar). Now he is off-leash, and very obedient. No more bolting and barking at big dogs (day before yesterday there was a slip while I was picking beans, but he obeyed the "come" command). He thinks he has won the competition for dominance (he is more determined than ever to not comply with the "down" command). We are happier than ever. I am continuing to learn how to clip him, to keep grooming bills low.

• spookiesmom
    edited July 2022
    Options

he is a cutie ❤️❤️

• micmel
    edited August 2022
    Options

all are so very sweet.

• pebblesv
    pebblesv Member Posts: 486
    edited July 2022
    Options

So nice to hear from familiar names/faces again rah and micmel and spookiesmom and mcbaker!

Here's one more picture of Finley just because. He came with me to the office today and posed amongst some scale engine models. He was VERY happy to accompany me to the office today. :-)

• rah2464
    edited July 2022
    Options

MC what a lovely pic of the both of you! Definitely can see the joy you have in each other.