Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Dogs, dogs, dogs!

Options

Comments

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,173
    edited February 2017
    Options

Good girl😍😍.

• keepthefaith
    keepthefaith Member Posts: 856
    edited February 2017
    Options

That tongue! My Boxer does the same thing:). So cute

• obsolete
    obsolete Member Posts: 333
    edited March 2017
    Options

A most comfy, adorable & precious Sofia!

As in the movie "A Dog's Purpose", being in the here and now. Yup, they have much to teach us.

• lilacblue
    lilacblue Member Posts: 1,425
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Inline image 1
  • lilacblue
    edited February 2017
    Options

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 46,994
    edited February 2017
    Options

Ha!!!!

• cliff
    cliff Member Posts: 86
    edited February 2017
    Options

aren't you glad your dog isn't this ugly?image

• lilacblue
    edited February 2017
    Options

• ruthbru
    edited February 2017
    Options

Ha!!!! Love it!

• ruthbru
    edited February 2017
    Options

Here's Stella the grand-puppy and my friend's Husky on their way for some winter fun in the park.

• spookiesmom
    edited February 2017
    Options

bet the husky loves winter😍

• ruthbru
    edited February 2017
    Options

Of course! The mini-schnauzer can't figure out why you would want to roll around and dig in the snow......she just bounces around as the husky does her snow-dog thing Happy

• ruthbru
    edited February 2017
    Options

Sweet Stella the grand-puppy after a haircut.

• Loveroflife
    Loveroflife Member Posts: 4,243
    edited February 2017
    Options

Awww

• keepthefaith
    keepthefaith Member Posts: 856
    edited February 2017
    Options

I love her white "eyebrows":)

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 9,895
    edited April 2017
    Options

imageThis is my running buddy . Today we ran 2 miles together and the pollen was bad bad bad. Look out ladies if you have allergies and are outdoors, makes it harder for respiratory issues!! Some days he just sits with me. I think he knows my good days and bad days. He is always making me laugh! Pets are Such a gift ! They don't care that my hair is growing in odd. They love me anyway. ~M~ His name is Deeohgee!

• newfmama
    newfmama Member Posts: 46
    edited April 2017
    Options

My two Newfoundland boys. Baby Gander 6 months (on left) and teenager T-Rex 18 months. Take up most of my kitchen floor.

• Lita57
    Lita57 Member Posts: 2,338
    edited April 2017
    Options

Sofia's favorite hobby...

• ruthbru
    edited April 2017
    Options

Stella likes watching softball!

• lilacblue
    edited June 2017
    Options

A picture of the lovely dogs who helped firemen in Grenfell Tower search, wearing their heat-proof boots.image

New study that will likely be no surprise to any devoted dog owners, found they walked about 20 minutes more every day—and took 2,760 additional steps than those who don't have a dog: http://time.com/4819108/dog-owners-exercise/

• ruthbru
    edited June 2017
    Options

Hero dogs!

• ruthbru
    edited June 2017
    Options

I am on vacation; among other things, I am enjoying hanging out with my sister's dog.

• ruthbru
    edited June 2017
    Options

And my nephew's dog, who is enjoying using my sister as a flotation device!image

• spookiesmom
    edited June 2017
    Options

Smart pup!!!

• Dvdsp
    Dvdsp Member Posts: 23
    edited June 2017
    Options

She is our princess!

• spookiesmom
    edited June 2017
    Options

And a very cute one😍

• cp418
    cp418 Member Posts: 359
    edited June 2017
    Options

Our loving Chihuahua mix was just dx with lymphoma this past Sunday when I observed abnormal breathing and rushed to Vet ER. We are in shock and heart broken as our beloved Sparky is only 5 years old. US and X-rays showed numerous enlarged lymph nodes and mass in lung and abdomen. He was started on oral prednisone to help with fluid around lungs. We do not want to do chemo as we feel it would unkind to put him through it. Has anyone had a dog with lymphoma and can give us any special tips or ways to may him as comfortable as possible. I did order a organic mushroom supplement specific for lymphoma in dogs. So far, he is eating well and drinking lots due to the prednisone. His breathing is more comfortable and he sleeps alot. We are shattered and keep crying because of his young age we are still in shock and denial. He is our baby and we are totally heart broken and want to the best for him. Any helpful suggestions are gratefully appreciated.

• ruthbru
    edited June 2017
    Options

I am so sorry, CP. Hopefully somebody will have some suggestions.

• rpoole1962
    rpoole1962 Member Posts: 386
    edited June 2017
    Options

Cp, I am so saddened to hear this about your baby and it brings back my own pain of losing my baby to lung cancer. My Baby (actual name) was so healthy for 14 years and started losing weight. I took her to 3 vets that says she was just old and nothing wrong. I would feed her hamburger meat and rice suggested by one vet. Then finally a different vet diagnosed the lung cancer. He said she was too old to endure any treatment other than the prednisone. I asked him how I would know when the time came and he said I would know. I kept her by my side for 2 months day in and out. I had her right by my side in bed (as always) and would pet her, sing to her, and let her know I was there. She was getting so skinny and could not stand on her own anymore. But that tail wagged the minute I would talk to her. I don't believe she was in any pain because the was still bright eyed and wagged her tail. That awful day did come and I could see it in her eyes and the breathing was off. Hands down the worst day of my life!! I was hoping she would go in her sleep but it doesn't always work out that way. I had the vet administer the drugs in my car while I sat in the passenger seat with her on a pillow in my lap. I did not want her to have to see the inside of the vet office. My face was the last thing she saw. It was the hardest most gut wrenching thing I have ever gone through. MY dogs were my life, my children and I could not imagine life without her. She passed on June 13, 2015. So it's been 2 years and it still hurts very much.

On a positive note with your baby...the young age will work for Sparky. I am praying your baby will beat this. I did not tell you my sad story for you to lose hope. Never lose hope. The fact that she is eating is a good sign. I do feel your pain and I will be praying for Sparky. I hate cancer!

My precious Baby girl! I miss her so much!

• lilacblue
    edited June 2017
    Options

CP, I'm so very sorry to read of the diagnosis for sweet Sparky. My neighbors had a nose cancer diagnosis for their yellow lab who was 4 years and were as heartbroken. They were able to keep this cherished dog going pain free for about 4 months and then, noticed the slowing and signs of pain and felt it was time. These decisions are sad and difficult. Be gentle with yourselves and will instinctively know when action needs to be taken.

My Roo, doing her best in mid-morning heat, as we are experiencing record breaking high temps.