Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Tampa area BCO sisters II

Options

Comments

• Galsal
    Galsal Member Posts: 754
    edited January 2017
    Options

Something made me think of you all....here I see we're in the planning stages. I'm good for just about any weekend in February!

• specialk
    specialk Member Posts: 9,226
    edited January 2017
    Options

Yay! Do we want to consider a Sunday afternoon later in Feb then?

• lee7
    lee7 Member Posts: 204
    edited January 2017
    Options

Sure ! How about Sunday the 19th? That's the third week of February.

• nbnotes
    nbnotes Member Posts: 338
    edited January 2017
    Options

That should work for me!

• annalive
    annalive Member Posts: 286
    edited January 2017
    Options

I'm free first two weekends in Feb, but rest of the month and first weekend of March I will have family of 7 visiting.

• Keiki
    Keiki Member Posts: 32
    edited January 2017
    Options

Please add me to the list. I would love to participate, Sunday 2/19 good for me.

Keiki

• specialk
    edited January 2017
    Options

Looking at re-grouping to Mar 11th to include several of our group who can't make a Feb get together. Not to say we can't also get together on Feb 19th as well!

Welcome Keiki!

• nbnotes
    edited January 2017
    Options

I will be in Iceland on March 11th; so, I would not be able to make that. (well, hopefully, I will be as long as this ibrance doesn't completely tank my wbc and neutropenia numbers). I would really love to still try for a 2/19 as well if that is possible. Not to be a pain, but since I've found out mine is back, I could really use a dose of cheesecake and good conversation!

• specialk
    edited January 2017
    Options

nbnotes - I so hope the Iceland trip is able to happen - how exciting! We will definitely do a lunch so we can catch up, with cheesecake, on 2/19 - and whoever can make that date will be there! I will put both dates in the header. What do you think about Cheesecake Factory at the mall in Brandon - it is closer to you, me, and Lee7?

• Keiki
    Keiki Member Posts: 32
    edited January 2017
    Options

Brandon closer for me also. On my calendar.

• nbnotes
    edited January 2017
    Options

SpecialK -- Brandon would be great for me! If it will work for others, I'm up for it :)

• specialk
    edited January 2017
    Options

Brandon Cheesecake Factory it is! Looking forward to seeing everyone's who can make it

• lee7
    edited January 2017
    Options

I'm in for Feb 19th and will definitely be ordering up a slice of cheesecake this time.

AnnAlive, do you think you can you sneak away from your company just for lunch?

nbnotes, you have to be ok to go to Iceland. Out of curiosity I just googled the weather. Average daily temp of 38F in March. Yikes! Do you have winter clothes to keep really warm?

Welcome Keiki !

• Luckynumber47
    Luckynumber47 Member Posts: 53
    edited January 2017
    Options

Can I join you for your lunches? Normally I live outside Seattle but we'revisiting Florida for 3 months and I would love to meet you all. I've never talked to anyone outside my immediate family about my cancer and it would be so nice to meet others who understand.

• specialk
    edited January 2017
    Options

lucky - of course, we would love to have you!

• nbnotes
    edited January 2017
    Options

Lucky - Please join us!

Lee7 -- I'm working on the clothes thing for that crazy cold weather. I have 3 sets of long johns, and I'm planning to layer, layer, layer. Waiting on a new jacket that will be both warm and weather proof.

• annalive
    edited January 2017
    Options

Lee7, good idea. I will do that if I can. Meeting in Brandon makes it easier. However, I also play flute in church orchestra, both morning services that day. Done playing by 11:30am, but will have family to take home -- 5 grandkids -- which will slow down everything. Don't add me yet.

nbnotes, Brrr Headphones (earmuffs, not headphones)

• specialk
    edited January 2017
    Options

AnnAlive - I put you on the March gathering date, and it is a Saturday, in hopes you could make that one, but we would love to see you earlier if you can manage it!

• annalive
    edited January 2017
    Options

Thanks, SpecialK. I'll try to make it to one or both!

• Galsal
    Galsal Member Posts: 754
    edited January 2017
    Options

Feb 19th should be good for me. Just realized the 11th wasn't good after all. Hooray, something to look forward to.

• specialk
    edited January 2017
    Options

galsal - glad you can make Feb. 19th! We are meeting at the Cheesecake Factory in Brandon this time!

• specialk
    edited February 2017
    Options

FYI all - the date for the March meet-up has changed to March 25 in order to accommodate schedules!

nbnotes - hoping you will be able to make that later one after your trip!

galsal - note the change from March 11 to March 25th, in case that is a better date for you!

• lee7
    edited February 2017
    Options

Brandon Mall has some nice shops too that I might just have to take a peek in. I actually found a favorite pair of classic style reeboks there that I had been looking for. (and when I say classic...lol....I wore them in the 80's.)

• nbnotes
    edited February 2017
    Options

SpecialK - Yes, I can make March 25th. Yay!

• Luckynumber47
    edited February 2017
    Options

Hmmm, shopping! Since surgery I can't go into a store without looking for new bras. There must be something pretty, flattering and COMFORTABLE! I've tried the Coobies and Genies and I end up with boobs under my chin. I think I tried on every bra Nordstrom had. I like the Amoena Valetta camisole but so tired of pulling things over my head and then the gymnastics of getting them unrolled and pulled down.

In fact, I've got a nearly new pocketed white Coobie camisole One Size, (fits 8-12) if anyone would like it. Let me know and I'll bring it to lunch.

• specialk
    edited February 2017
    Options

nbnotes - yay! I was hoping that would work out!

lucky - we often shop after lunch and cheesecake! The great bra search struggle is real, right?

• nbnotes
    edited February 2017
    Options

SpecialK - Well, it looks like the March date won't work for me after all. My brother in Nashville just let us know that he & his family are coming down that weekend and want to do a family Disney day with everybody. If he came down often, I might would try to do both, but he only makes it down about once every 18 months; so, I hate to miss any time with them.

• annalive
    edited February 2017
    Options

My family booked different flights and won't arrive until Monday, so I plan to join the Feb meeting next Sunday. We're still on, right? I will be there a little later than noon because of orchestra. See ya soon.

• specialk
    edited February 2017
    Options

nbnotes - bummer, but we look forward to seeing you Sunday, right?

annalive - Yes, Sunday is on at the Brandon Mall location of Cheesecake Factory at noon. Glad you can make it, whenever you get there!

• Luckynumber47
    edited February 2017
    Options

Alright, I've already started obsessing about what outfit and shoes I'm going to wear. Now I have to worry about the right boobs Loopy I can be flat, cami with sewn in cups, cami or bra with Genie bra forms, or my size 5 prosthetics. Left my size 8s at home (I know, what was I thinking, 8s are huge). Oh, yeah, I've got knitted knockers too. I know, I know, nobody really notices but I'm guessing in our group the subject might come up once or twice ;)

Probably tmi but I got rub on nipples for my DHs Valentine gift. We're both very amused. Just trying to stay on the light side of this whole diagnosis. Sure is weird looking after all these months without.

Really looking forward to meeting you all