Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Tampa area BCO sisters II

Options

Comments

• nbnotes
    nbnotes Member Posts: 338
    edited August 2017
    Options

SpecialK - for once this year, I actually had lots of availability, lol!

The 9th sounds great to me!

• specialk
    specialk Member Posts: 9,226
    edited August 2017
    Options

nbnotes - I texted Deb A and Lee7 to see if they are available, I don't think they are regularly checking here. If I get a thumbs up from them, we will do the 9th. I will also text Monday's Child about that date, and Ann Alive in case she isn't checking this thread. I am thinking that we can have it at my house - I will make some cheesecake for sure, lol!

luckynumber47 - we will miss you, and hope to have another get together when you're here again this coming winter! Congrats on your new tats too!

• kira1234
    kira1234 Member Posts: 754
    edited August 2017
    Options

Oh how exciting. I'll come for sure. I'll just plan on spending the weekend in Tampa

• specialk
    edited August 2017
    Options

Kira - yay!!

• annalive
    annalive Member Posts: 286
    edited August 2017
    Options

I'm here! Hey, Sept 9 sounds good, or most any Sept date.

• specialk
    edited August 2017
    Options

AnnAlive - yay!!

• specialk
    edited August 2017
    Options

Ok ladies - September 9th is a go! I am putting the info in the header.

• TWills
    TWills Member Posts: 509
    edited August 2017
    Options

Hi there, may I join?

• specialk
    edited August 2017
    Options

twills - yes, of course! So glad you found us, I meant to send you the link to this thread! I will PM you my address and phone numbers.

• TWills
    edited August 2017
    Options

Great! Look forward to meeting everyone:)

• lee7
    lee7 Member Posts: 204
    edited August 2017
    Options

I'm checking in! Add me to the list. I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone!

• nbnotes
    edited August 2017
    Options

Yay! So glad that we have a date that will work! :)

• specialk
    edited August 2017
    Options

nbnotes - it was so hard to find a date previously that the majority of us could make - then this one popped up and it works for all! Yay!

• BucsGirl
    BucsGirl Member Posts: 160
    edited September 2017
    Options

Oh, I'd love to take part in this one day soon. Would it be okay if I joined this BCO Sisters group?  My mother is currently in the hospital, and will most likely be released around Sept 9th. I won't be able to make that one. Can you please include me in the next get together?

Thanks,

Karen

• nbnotes
    edited September 2017
    Options

TampaBayBucsGirl ---You are welcome to join us! Sorry that you will miss this one, but watch the header/beginning post for when/where we will do one in the future!

• TWills
    edited September 2017
    Options

What should we bring? Sorry if I missed that before, I looked back but didn't see anything:)

• gstroud70
    gstroud70 Member Posts: 8
    edited September 2017
    Options

Good morning ladies... I am currently living in Tupelo Mississippi but I am planning to return to St. Petersburg in the next 2 months..I only know a. Handful of people there and I've decided to make this my final home. My breast cancer has taken away my husband and my career...I would very much like to join you all after my move. I have a dear friend that I will be living with but I will need to find work immediately...I have been a General Manager for the past 12 years but the long hours of standing (12) are simply too much...I would love to work with Cancer patients in some way but I do not have a medical background...if any of you have any ideas I am open to suggestions...I look forward to meeting you if you accept me. Thank you. I just read my own post and I sound like I'm asking for a job... lol I am seriously just trying to connect with other survivors and make new friends...apologies

• nbnotes
    edited September 2017
    Options

gstroud70 -- I'm sorry to hear about all that you have gone through, but this area is a wonderful place to live. You would be welcome at any of our get togethers. Just check the header post for when/where they are. I don't know what type of work you did before, but it might be that Moffitt Cancer Center would have some openings for non-medical types of positions. I'm a teacher so don't really know the job market around here, but maybe someone else will have some insights.

• nbnotes
    edited September 2017
    Options

SpecialK -- Is there anything that you would like or need me to bring?

• gstroud70
    edited September 2017
    Options

Thank you nbnotes I will look into the Moffitt Cancer Center and thanks for accepting me...as soon as I relocate I will check in... I actually became a member a few years ago but lost all my login info. I am tg1203...after going back and reading old posts I am kinda happy that I had to create new account. I was in the process of losing my husband and it was very depressing. I am looking forward to a fresh start in life although I am 47 years old.

• specialk
    edited September 2017
    Options

Welcome TampaBayBucsGirl and gstroud! If you add this thread to your favorites you will see any new posts about gatherings and the pertinent info will be in the header. You are certainly welcome at any gathering, and TampaBayBucsGirl, if circumstances change and you can come late notice don't let that stop you - this is very casual. We often meet at restaurants (usually The Cheesecake Factory, lol!), but when we have met at a home it is super informal and people come and go at different times, so we would love to see you.

gstroud - there are a couple of cancer support groups in the area - I have no personal experience with them, but they might need some help. If you end up working someplace non-cancer related that might be a way to feel helpful and connected to others who have experienced diagnosis and treatment. St. Joseph's has one, Moffitt has one, and I believe that Florida Hospital also has one. There are also two programs locally at the YMCA and Florida Hospital Wesley Chapel - YMCA has Livestrong and FHWC has Vitality - these are free gym memberships for 12 weeks with weekly classes and full access to the facilities - for cancer survivors of all types. It is an opportunity to meet other who have been diagnosed with cancer, learn some things, and have 3 free months of fitness opportunities.

Ladies - I don't need you to bring anything except yourselves! I got this.

• gstroud70
    edited September 2017
    Options

Thank you so much! I will definitely look into all of the places that you mentioned. I am looking forward to moving soon. I have been in tupelo for about a year and still only know my employees and a few bartenders...i am off work until Wednesday and completely bored and alone. Wish I could start moving now. Can't wait to get back to St. Pete!

• BucsGirl
    edited September 2017
    Options

SpecialK & nbnotes - I've added this thread to my favorites. Looking forward to meeting all of you one day soon. Smile

I love The Cheesecake Factory! Is it the one on Bay Street at International Plaza? I never get bored with that restaurant. I like many of the restaurants on Boy Scout. I like that whole area.

• BucsGirl
    edited September 2017
    Options

gstroud70 - Glad you could make it back to the Tampa Bay area. Hope the move is a smooth one!

• TWills
    edited September 2017
    Options

Well ladies, this one might have to be rescheduled. I can't believe how crazy the grocery stores and gas stations are!!

• specialk
    edited September 2017
    Options

We will have to see how things unfold and what people's plans are - watch this space for updates, lol!

• BucsGirl
    edited September 2017
    Options

They're already sold out of water in the Valrico area. Publix said they will be getting more in this week.

• specialk
    edited September 2017
    Options

My Publix said that their water was going to Miami today, but they would get more delivered tonight for us. My gas tank was on half full so I filled it after my dentist appt, and there was no line this afternoon.

Is everyone staying here or getting out of town?

• nbnotes
    edited September 2017
    Options

I don't know what I'm going to do. With my low WBC, the idea of a Harvey like water situation scares me completely, but being stuck on I-75 by myself in a crazy traffic jam with possible issues with gas, etc. scares me just as much. I am not in an evacuation zone, and Paul Dellegatto (Fox13 weatherman) was posting that you only evacuate for the water not wind as the entire state could not possibly evacuate. So a bit nervous and unsure as my house is a wood structure. I will probably end up at parents or sister's if staying here. What about you?

• TWills
    edited September 2017
    Options

Definetly want to stay but we'll watch the forcast today and then decide. Although the elevation of my house is not too bad our subdivision in on Tarpon Lake and a little too close for comfort to the bay. We're basically in between them. Luckily we picked up extra waters Sunday and we filled up with gas yaesterday. What's everyone's else's plan?