Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Tampa area BCO sisters II

Options

Comments

• lee7
    lee7 Member Posts: 204
    edited April 2017
    Options

Would Sat. April 29 be a possibility now for all?

• specialk
    specialk Member Posts: 9,226
    edited April 2017
    Options

I am good with 4/29, but the dates I had proposed in April were connected with availability for MondaysChild. She did not give me 4/29 so I assume she could not make it - that was why I suggested waiting until May, but we could continue with this problem of availability as we get into the time people are doing vacations, etc., and it may be hard to find a date we can all make. The other potential solution is to do a monthly gathering and whoever can make it comes, and whoever can't make it will know there will be another opportunity the following month.

• kira1234
    kira1234 Member Posts: 754
    edited April 2017
    Options

Okay ladies I know much more now. My breast cancer has returned so I'll be having surgery again asap.I want to talk to Dr. Wright abouttesting to be sure the cancer hasn't spread. Dr. Cox was like why? I also need to discuss with them both my decision about double mastectomy or not.

• annalive
    annalive Member Posts: 286
    edited April 2017
    Options

Kira1234, so sorry to hear this news. (I'd want to know about spread too.) Sobering as I am just now hitting my 6th anniversary of diagnosis, with the annual labs and MO appointment in a few weeks. I'll be praying about your decisions and treatment.

Join us when it works out for you, and we can aim for your availability, if possible. We are having a hard time finding meeting dates, aren't we. I want to see MondaysChild soon too.

• nbnotes
    nbnotes Member Posts: 338
    edited April 2017
    Options

With everyone's crazy schedules, I'm not sure that we'll hit on a date that everyone can come. It might be worth just setting monthly or every other month ones so that we always know another one is around the corner if there are conflicts.

Kira1234 - Sorry about the recurrence, and I'd be like you as well with wanting to know about potential spread. I think that is a valid question to get answers to.

• lee7
    edited April 2017
    Options

kira1234,

Im so sorry you have had a recurrence and you are having to make such difficult decisions again.

• Keiki
    Keiki Member Posts: 32
    edited April 2017
    Options

I can't do April 8 but any other time ok. I'm good weekdays, too. Cricke

• kira1234
    edited April 2017
    Options

I'll be seeing dr cox and dr wright Monday. I will have many questions for them. Any suggestions for questions I should ask are greatly appreciated.

• kira1234
    edited April 2017
    Options

I saw the surgeon and oncologist Friday. I'll be having surgery may 2nd at Saint Joseph north first thing in the morning.

• lee7
    edited April 2017
    Options

kira, I know you have both a great surgeon and oncologist taking care of you. My thoughts and prayers go with you for the best possible outcome and speedy healing. I'd like to visit you at St. Joe's if/when you'd like company. :)

Hugs !!!

• Keiki
    Keiki Member Posts: 32
    edited April 2017
    Options

Good luck Kira. Looking forward to meeting you soon. I'll be send good thoughts 5/2. Keiki

• lee7
    edited May 2017
    Options

kira, Thinking about you and hope you are recovering well from your surgery. It would be great if you can make it to the next get together.:)

• kira1234
    edited May 2017
    Options

Thank you for asking Lee 7. I'm off all prescription medications now during the day but I'm still going to take them tonight. I'd love to come to the next gathering.

I have my visit with the surgeon tomorrow. I'm hoping to get the pathology report then.

• lee7
    edited May 2017
    Options

I'll be praying you get all good news tomorrow!

• kira1234
    edited May 2017
    Options

Thanks I'm happy to be finding out. The waiting is horrible.

• nbnotes
    edited May 2017
    Options

Please keep us updated Kira. You've been in my thoughts as well.

• kira1234
    edited May 2017
    Options

I just got home. Fantastic news lymph node are clear. No radiation will be needed and his opinion no chemo. I'm pleased. I'll update my profile. Stage 1

• kira1234
    edited May 2017
    Options

I just wanted to thank Lee7 and special k for all the support these last few days. You've both been a blessing to my dh and me.

• specialk
    edited May 2017
    Options

kira - so happy to help!

• Galsal
    Galsal Member Posts: 754
    edited May 2017
    Options

I'm so very sorry to be late on this, Kira. Hadn't seen it until today about your situation.

In terms of scheduling, I'm done traveling until June 18th. Nerdy

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited May 2017
    Options

Hello my BCo/FL sisters. I'm in The Villages so about 2 hours east of you Tampa ladies.

Wanted to let you know that some of your fellow BCo sisters from around the country will be vacationing together in Daytona Beach from November 5-10. This is year 7 that we have come together for loads of fun, laughter, food, activities, more laughter. We started in Minneapolis, then Chicago, then DC, San Francisco by way of Los Angeles, San Diego and last year San Antonio TX.

I know it's a trek for you all but we are putting out the invitation to meetup with us and you would be welcome to come for a few hours or crash with us overnight or longer. Only requirement is flexibility in sleeping arrangements as it may involve air mattresses. So far we are 6 confirmed (from CA, ND, WI, MD, me) with 2 more trying to fit it into their schedule.

PM me if you might be interested and I can get you connected with the group.

Phyllis

• lee7
    edited May 2017
    Options

Hi patoo,

Wow, year 7, it sure sounds like you have a great time. Thank you for the invitation!

It would be fun to plan a road trip over to Daytona Beach to meet up with fellow BCO sisters.

• specialk
    edited May 2017
    Options

patoo - thanks for the sweet invite, and the advance notice for planning purposes

• nbnotes
    edited August 2017
    Options

It has been a while, and I for one need a good tampa bco lunch to catch up with everybody and get some cheesecake or something. Anyone else?

• Galsal
    edited August 2017
    Options

Hooray, Luncheon time sounds grand!!!

• specialk
    edited August 2017
    Options

We can do a lunch anytime we can find a day with good availability! Give me your good weekend dates for the next month or so and we will see if we can make a plan!

• Galsal
    edited August 2017
    Options

Just about any date is good for me.

• Luckynumber47
    Luckynumber47 Member Posts: 53
    edited August 2017
    Options

I think about you ladies all the time. I had such a good time meeting with you last February! Sure hope you'll plan another lunch next Jan/Feb/March.

Have a good time, I'll be there in spirit!

Lucky

• nbnotes
    edited August 2017
    Options

I can do Sept 2nd or 3rd, 9th or 10th (just not dinner on 10th), 23rd or 24th, 30th and October 1st, 7th & 8th - (my only weekend days not available in the next 6 weeks or so would be Sept.16th and 17th - that probably would have been the easiest way to say that, lol)

• specialk
    edited August 2017
    Options

nbnotes - very thorough answer, lol!

I am more available in September than October, and early Sept. is better - what do we think about the 9th? That first weekend is Labor Day so some may be out of town.