Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Light from around the world for LongTermSurvivor/Stephanie

Options

Comments

• Rosevalley
    Rosevalley Member Posts: 1,664
    Options

The clamatis is definitely your Dad sending his love. Love the rainbow and dam. Beautiful Nice shot of you Ruth- cake is good. Stephanie do not have "flower envy" because that Gladiolus is lush and huge and mine if they flower at all are puny. Too much shade in our yard. Hugs and love your way.

• Mel26
    Mel26 Member Posts: 39
    Options

Happy Happy 60th Birthday Stephanie!!! 🎂💝🎉 Milestone birthdays have a special meaning when you are stage 4. Congrats for getting there. Hoping all your dreams come true, though my guess is most of them already have. You seem to have reached a great place of peace. You enrich my life, as well as innumerable other's. You are truly an amazing woman!!! I hope your day is blessed with all the love you so deserve.

In Light and Love, Melanie

• farmerlucy
    farmerlucy Member Posts: 596
    Options

Happy Birthday Stephanie! I hope it is a great day. Love and blessings.image

• lekker
    lekker Member Posts: 238
    Options

Happy birthday Stephanie!!! I was thinking about you this afternoon as I was walking around the Palace of Fine Arts with my daughters and dogs. The resident pair of swans had two little cygnets with them. Adorable

• Jackbirdie
    Jackbirdie Member Posts: 1,617
    Options

Happy Birthday, dear Stephanie!

Sending you happiness and peace.

• Rosieo
    Rosieo Member Posts: 200
    Options

HAPPY BIRHTDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR STEPHANIE, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU AND MANY MORE!!!!!!!

Rosieo

• Longtermsurvivor
    Longtermsurvivor Member Posts: 738
    Options

One very happy birthday gift is realizing that enough of you read my personal blog that when I finally do die, the news will get back to bco, a community I feel very connected to!

That will be a wonderful death-day gift!

You are welcome to add my name to the angels' list, but don't do anything hasty.

As Mark Twain said, "The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated."

warmest healing wishes and sweet dreams, Stephanie

• meadow
    meadow Member Posts: 998
    Options

Thank you for your warm and loving heart, and Happy Birthday!

• Why2015
    Why2015 Member Posts: 14
    Options

Such beautiful flowers! Where do I go to post to find out if anyone has all kinds of residual marks on the side from this surgery on my abdomen and ther are all kinds of lines and marks after I sleep appear on breast and under breast all through the abdomen along the rib cage all kinds of creases. This surgery has deformed my body and it depresses me. I feel like a freak and never want to show my body to anyone again. I had an MRI yesterday for a giant lump that's formed on my upper arm on the side that I had surgery and lymph nodes out. I'm so tired, and so discouraged. I can't seem to get an answer anywhere as to why my breast and abdomen get so marked up after sleep? I appreciate anyone who is experiencing this to share a please! Again and again and again they keep saying not to gain weight to keep cancer away well this chemotherapy and radiation have wipes me out and I've gained weight and feel like a blob. Sure the Herceptin isn't helping either. I want to go crawl under a rock

• Mominator
    Mominator Member Posts: 1,173
    Options

Wishing you a very Happy 60th Birthday, my dear Stephanie.

After you have some cake, here's a serenade. Be patient, the beginning starts slow, and then wow!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXhJbCMxpHw

much love, Madelyn

• dlb823
    dlb823 Member Posts: 2,701
    Options

Happy Birthday, Stephanie!

• AZ85048
    AZ85048 Member Posts: 1,467
    Options

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 46,953
    Options

Happy, Happy Birthday!!!!

• AmyQ
    AmyQ Member Posts: 821
    Options

Looks like I logged in on the right day...a very happy birthday to you dear Stephanie. I hope you can take a break from pain and suffering to enjoy every minute.

Amy

• Longtermsurvivor
    Options

Thank you so much, everyone.

Just to clarify, I'm basically happy and at peace most of the time. Yes, there is physical pain and symptoms galore, but somehow or other, I'm walking in a golden bubble. I am so very, very blessed.

And blessed by friends like you.

Thank you! ~ Stephanie

Here's a Threshold Choir song that keeps running through my mind. I think Madelyn will like it. My apologies to our atheistic and agnostic friends. I welcome all!

I am the voice of God

riding the wings of spirit

through infinite sky.

Sacred is all creation.

Sacred am I.

• Longtermsurvivor
    Options

Hi Whynot,

You sound so worried!

Whynot, I hope you can find the right people and place to ask your questions about your "marks".

I suggest taking it up with your doctors who know a whole lot more about marks and you than we do.

If you want to compare notes with other bco members, try Private Messaging the moderators and ask where to ask the question.

Sending warmest healing wishes, Stephanie

• Mominator
    Options

Good morning, Stephanie,

Thanks for thinking of me. I did like the song. I was thinking of joining a Threshold Choir and researched them. There are none at all in the entire state of New Jersey. I am thinking of starting one, but that needs to be balanced with the needs of my family.

You mentioned your personal blog. I know I've read a few posts before, but I forgot to add to my favorites. I can't find a link from either your signature or your biography. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places. Would you like to add a link, maybe in your tag line, so we can enjoy more of your wisdom?

Wishing you a lovely day,

Madelyn

• Longtermsurvivor
    Options

Hi Madelyn,

Yes, Threshold Choirs are wonderful for singers and recipients. My local group began singing for me four years ago when I was on death's doorstep. We've just kept up our regular sings since. I even "joined" the choir and attend an occasional practice and potluck. Also, I have the songbook, so I can look up the words afterwards, excellent as I'm hard of hearing.

Madelyn, I hope NJ becomes another wonderful seedbed for this wonderful service.

I've PM'ed you my blog site URL...I'm shy about sharing it publicly, because I write so privately of everything related to my inner and outer process of living with serious illness and conscious dying. Thanks for asking.

If others are interested, please contact me one-to-one.

Loved the four variations of the happy birthday song! Thank you!

warmest healing wishes, Stephanie

• Rosevalley
    Options

HAPPY BIRTHDAY My friend!!! You made it to 60 how grand is that. Blessings and happiness today and all days. Considering your history and all that has happened to you I bet you didn't think you would see this day. Now all your friends have sent music and flowers and well wishes. I am joining them in that! Lots of love your way. (((Hugs))) rosevalley

The Happy Birthday variations on the flute were super.

• anniebear
    anniebear Member Posts: 11
    Options

Stephanie - Happy, happy birthday. Enjoy your special day.

• cling
    cling Member Posts: 263
    Options

Stephanie: Happy birthday! Your posts are always filled with beauty and love. Thanks for sharing with us.

• chisandy
    chisandy Member Posts: 11,256
    Options

Happy Seventh Decade, Stephanie!

• lulubee
    lulubee Member Posts: 903
    Options

Well, dear Stephanie, look at you! You made it to 60! What an honor. Happy birthday to you, beautiful one.

Celebrate till ya levitate, babe. ;-D

• Longtermsurvivor
    Options

I'm in a Melanie DeMore mood this morning.

Here's a song that's been absorbed by the Threshold Choir

I am sending you light! ~ Stephanie

• Peanut0110
    Peanut0110 Member Posts: 37
    Options

Beautiful music I hope you had a blessed birthday.🙏🏻

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 46,953
    Options

I have been in the beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota this week. I thought you might enjoy this picture of the rock formations along the Needles Highway. image

• Andi67
    Andi67 Member Posts: 314
    Options

LongTermSurvivor... you are such an inspiration. I have been following this thread and wanted to add something. This is a picture I took of a flowering bush at the Broadmoor Hotel in Colorado Springs. I am not sure what it is.... does anyone know? Oleander? Magnolia? Anyway - it was so beautiful and I had to share! 

XO

Andi

• Rosevalley
    Options

Its a Rhodie! Rhododendrons come in lots of shapes and colors. Just LOVE them. They are beautiful. Thanks for sharing. Thinking of you Stephanie and stopped in to say howdy! love rosevalley

• Mominator
    Options

Hello Stephanie,

I was pleasantly surprised to see my name on your blog.

I want to send you some flowers from our lovely walk. S'more is a great little pal.

Sending much love and gentle light my friend.

Madelyn

• Rosevalley
    Options

Thinking of you this sunny morning and hoping you are comfortable and at peace. Gentle Hugs and Love your way. rosevalley