Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Medical Marijuana

Options
12346»

Comments

• gardengypsy
    gardengypsy Member Posts: 499
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Wahkani~This you will find in Vermont.

• gardengypsy
    edited April 2017
    Options

Wahkani~ You can find this is Vermont

• hilltop49
    hilltop49 Member Posts: 12
    edited April 2017
    Options

Lita, who gets sick of brownies? LOL Must try the cookies!

• yhendrix
    yhendrix Member Posts: 5
    edited April 2017
    Options

Hello. I work for a cannabis CBD company. When I got diagnosed with ER/PR+ BC we were wondering what would be the best ratio for me. THC contains estrogen, but is needed to activate the cannabinoids health benefits. It was determined that the best ratio was a 20:1 CBD/THC we are looking in to THCA as a more viable option. It's still pretty uncharted territory when it comes to treating ER/PR+ BC.

• gardengypsy
    edited April 2017
    Options

yhendrix~ Yep. And so little research published that I want to scream..

• flaviarose
    flaviarose Member Posts: 249
    edited May 2017
    Options

This has been mentioned before, but there is a Facebook group, fighting breast cancer with cannabis, and there are a lot of very knowledgeable people who are involved in doing research to determine best ratios and dosages for different breast cancer types.

• gardengypsy
    edited May 2017
    Options

Thans flaviarose.

• Onacmember
    Onacmember Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2017
    Options

members of the Oklevueha Native American Church can provide CBD oil to you. It is the ONLY federally protected entity to provide this earth based medicine to any member. Lifetime membership is $100 or $25 if military. I am a member and have access to the nano particle CBD oil that I injected to beat my Stage 3 TNBC. Full spectrum but nano sized so it absorbs fully into blood stream with NO psychoactive effects. Any medicine taken orally will only absorb 6-7% in the body. That's why the RSO protocol says take 60g of RSO. Usually $30/gram (in Cali) so $1800 total to do full treatment. Or Nano oil through ONACGLA is $625 for a 25 day supply. I ended up using 3 vials and was cleared within weeks, not months. Totally worth it and my quality of life was so much better than feeling "drugged" by the RSO. Also VERY important that medicine is non GMO, pesticide and hormone free, as all Native American meds are. Contact me throughCancer Care Registry dot org

• Onacmember
    edited May 2017
    Options

members of the Oklevueha Native American Church can provide CBD oil to you. It is the ONLY federally protected entity to provide this earth based medicine to any member. Lifetime membership is $100 or $25 if military. I am a member and have access to the nano particle CBD oil that I injected to beat my Stage 3 TNBC. Full spectrum but nano sized so it absorbs fully into blood stream with NO psychoactive effects. Any medicine taken orally will only absorb 6-7% in the body. That's why the RSO protocol says take 60g of RSO. Usually $30/gram (in Cali) so $1800 total to do full treatment. Or Nano oil through ONACGLA is $625 for a 25 day supply. I ended up using 3 vials and was cleared within weeks, not months. Totally worth it and my quality of life was so much better than feeling "drugged" by the RSO. Also VERY important that medicine is non GMO, pesticide and hormone free, as all Native American meds are. Contact me throughCancer Care Registry dot org

• Onacmember
    edited May 2017
    Options

members of the Oklevueha Native American Church can provide CBD oil to you. It is the ONLY federally protected entity to provide this earth based medicine to any member. Lifetime membership is $100 or $25 if military. I am a member and have access to the nano particle CBD oil that I injected to beat my Stage 3 TNBC. Full spectrum but nano sized so it absorbs fully into blood stream with NO psychoactive effects. Any medicine taken orally will only absorb 6-7% in the body. That's why the RSO protocol says take 60g of RSO. Usually $30/gram (in Cali) so $1800 total to do full treatment. Or Nano oil through ONACGLA is $625 for a 25 day supply. I ended up using 3 vials and was cleared within weeks, not months. Totally worth it and my quality of life was so much better than feeling "drugged" by the RSO. Also VERY important that medicine is non GMO, pesticide and hormone free, as all Native American meds are.

Edited by Mods to remove contact information.

• BlueGirlRedState
    BlueGirlRedState Member Posts: 900
    edited August 2017
    Options

Anyone out there have experience with Rick Simpson Oil (marijuana) vs CBDPure made from hemp. Pros-Cons. One Pro for me is that I can have CBDPure shipped to me. With RSO, will need to find a seller and go out of state.

• Smurfette26
    Smurfette26 Member Posts: 269
    edited August 2017
    Options

There are some really knowledgable people on this FB page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/158067737931960/ From the reading I have done hemp oil will not do the job.

• Lilir
    Lilir Member Posts: 38
    edited November 2020
    Options

I have a medical card, and I purchased tincture from Truelieve.

It comes in CBD:THS concentrations

1:1 2:1 and 1:2

• Lilir
    Lilir Member Posts: 38
    edited November 2020
    Options

P.S. Tylenol does not work great for me for pain.

Thus, first day after mastectomy LA wore off, I used 1:1 tincture. Just 2.5 mg combined with Percocet. and my pain went to ZERO!!

Before that, I was not able to control the pain at all.

• marciam
    marciam Member Posts: 84
    edited November 2020
    Options

hi lili

So you can get good quality medical grade cbd oil from Charlottes Web right in Colorado and then if you can obtain THC in equivalent amount then you’re good to go. You need to get high-quality oil or chocolate don’t try to smoke it will not work. I had a consult with them a holistic physician here in Illinois and I have a medical card but it’s legal here in Illinois now they have chocolates that offer one part to one part in other words CBD to THC and I don’t use very much! It’s very medicinal.

but theHolistic physician that I consulted with said that you needed equal parts to get both pain relief and an anti-cancer effect CBD oil has now been studied and any NIH and our national Cancer institute and proven to be effective tocombst breast cancer so I’ll go with it !
    I never approved of marijuana before and I was a teacher all my life but I’ve changed my entire opinion it was a lot of rotten stuff they were putting out there because it’s still a controlled substance it needs to be removed from the controlled substance list !

Charlotte web in Colorado high quality Cbd . mask it’s now legal in Co you should hsve no problems

All the best to time girlfriend

Marcia

• marciam
    marciam Member Posts: 84
    edited February 2021
    Options

dearest ;

I've found three articles backing up just CBD oil alone as a protocol used against breast cancer . mum sorry tnst I can't link them herr on a phone .
    I was on hormone therapy estrogen therapy ? which caused bc stage 4.
    long story short I went they traditional surgery rads chemo still ended up wjth a brain tumor lasted removed . I had rads to the brain .

I git a hold of research in cbd from Charlottes web . I used it since my brain tumor for siezures found out that while it has phyto estrogeN iproperties But that means it blocks estrogen from the breast . I've used it safely and my doctor oncologist approves and he said he would like to study it I showed him the three studies that I found published on national Cancer institute. It said simply that it needs to be studied more for its anti-tumor properties so while you may not be able to obtain MMJ state by state you know that CBD is safe and legal substance and you can use it safely. I only use Charlottes Web and that is the one that has been studied in small studies they have clearly indicated it's anti-cancer for breast cancer.

I hope you feel safer using cbd . I did a consult with an alternative physician and he was a holistic practitioner and said that you must have an equal amount of THC to CBD oil in order for it to be affective therefore I obtained my MMJ license. My oncologist Appproves 100%. no evidence of disease . Going on ten years out .
    you need to use food as medicine I have a cookbook if interested please email .. Agree no

Alcohol! Weight does contribute to bc

All the best

Marcia M

• BlueGirlRedState
    edited February 2021
    Options

MarciaM and other users of marijuana, CBD. Any product suggestions? I will have to travel out of state, maybe 3 hr RT, ordering on internet not an option, since illegal. I have tried some, mostly for sleep, but did not seem to help. I fall asleep easily, but wake up 2-3 hrs later. Want to try again, sleep, anxiety, and if it helps with the cancer..... I am so discouraged after fighting this beast for so long. Those rare nights when I sleep well are so wonderful.

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,786
    edited February 2021
    Options

bluegirlredstate,

I have been using cannabis for quite a few years. I use it for sleep and symptom relief. For me, and I think it’s very individual, products that contain an equal CBD:THC ratio work best. I do have a high THC tolerance but the high does bother some people. Despite the great help of the bud tenders, I found that I had to do a lot of self experimentation to find what works. Actual product brands vary by state so I can’t recommend anything specific but if the dispensary you are visiting has a bud tender who works with medical patients that would be a good place to start. You can order hemp derived CBD products on line but not cannabis derived CBD. Good luck and I hope you find the way to a good nights sleep

• amanda6
    amanda6 Member Posts: 50
    edited February 2021
    Options

Bluegill, red, im pretty new to the cbd oil & not very knowledgeable, but here is the site I used to get an idea of what to look for:

https://dailycbd.com/en/best-cbd/

I ended up buying a 1500mg bottle of full spectrum oil. The addition of a small amt of thc ( full spectrum) is supposed to help if you're treating pain. I've used it for just 2 weeks now for my nerve pain - it's been amazing, the best thing I've found. The bottle I bought is labeled "easy cbd" & I paid $70 for it. It's from CO, which I have read that products grown in CO tend to be good (?)...

On that site there is a dosing guide & it gives an idea of how much you might need for different conditions - anxiety & sleep are mentioned.

• BlueGirlRedState
    edited February 2021
    Options

amanda and exbrnxgl -thank you for the replies on marijuana. I have tried some products that seem to have no effects, one product (put under gum, hight THC) that was awful, and one product a friend recommended for sleep. None seemed to help, but am willing to give it another try. Just no smoking or vaping for me.

• Phoenixrose8
    Phoenixrose8 Member Posts: 68
    edited April 2021
    Options

Does CBD help the body process THC? If it does, how do you prevent high tolerance problems

• exbrnxgrl
    edited April 2021
    Options

Phoenixrose,

THC and CBD work well together. CBD alone can be taken to lower the high brought on by THC if one feels too stoned. I have a very high tolerance for THC and the way I deal with it is to take a break for a few days. Take car

• Phoenixrose8
    edited April 2021
    Options

Thank you exbrnxgrl!

What if you need to use medicinal marijuana daily to alleviate pain and nausea and can’t take a break? Is it still possible to lower your tolerance

• exbrnxgrl
    edited April 2021
    Options

hi phoenixrose,

The cannabinoid receptors in your brain do become desensitized to the effects of cannabis if you are a frequent/regular user. I do use every evening as it stimulates my appetite, provides pain relief and helps with sleep. Every now and then I take a break for about two or three days and that seems to reset things for me. I have to make do with otc pain meds on those days but it’s manageable. Here is some info that might be helpful.

https://www.cannamd.com/how-to-reverse-marijuana-tolerance/

• Phoenixrose8
    edited April 2021
    Options

Thanks!

• BlueGirlRedState
    edited April 2021
    Options

Legislators in my state are proposing a (state) constitutional amendment banning psycho active drugs, making a stronger statement than just laws. F**%%## them !!! I'll continue to cross the border to a more friendly state. I like the elderberry THC/CBD/CBN gummies a clerk suggested. Only take a night.

• exbrnxgrl
    edited April 2021
    Options

bluegirl,

That really is a shame. I don’t know what medical value cannabis might have but that type of research may never occur on a nationwide scale and it stops being a Schedule I drug. Smaller studies have shown potential for medical use and anecdotal tales abound but until greater evidence of its usefulness is explored, we may never know truly understand its potential or lack of it.

• BlueGirlRedState
    edited April 2021
    Options

exbrnxgrl - it seems like the value of marijuana products for cancer is help with nausea, sleep, pain. I did not hear the testimony, but one local oncologist testified before the legislature that his opinion had changed on medical marijuana after witnessing how helpful it seemed to be for some of his cancer patients.

• exbrnxgrl
    edited April 2021
    Options

And let’s not forget that it is a great appetite stimulatant !What we know about the value of cannabis is based on a paucity of research and innumerable anecdotes, neither of which allows researchers to understand and explore potential benefits of cannabis or prove that there are none. For some full bore research to take place, it must be removed from being a schedule I substance, IMO.