Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Thin Slices of Joy

Comments

• SerenitySTAT
    SerenitySTAT Member Posts: 3,534
    edited November 2018

Pup’s gotta pup. Loopy

We once came home to our old pup having eaten a 5’ by 5’ area of our kitchen linoleum a few months after the new house was built. Good times!

• SerenitySTAT
    edited November 2018

Down a pound from last week even after some Halloween candy! ThumbsUp

And taking the afternoon off after several long days. ThumbsUpThumbsUp

• SerenitySTAT
    edited November 2018

Raining out, coffee in hand, cuddling with pup. Good way to start the day.

• scotbird
    scotbird Member Posts: 592
    edited November 2018

I made Halloween cakes with cute ghosts on top. That’s as scary as I get. I’ve never watched Halloween and don’t want to! Very happy this week as my neice has given birth to a very lovely and healthy baby boy.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited November 2018

Congrats to your niece on her bundle of joy!

My younger daughter had to go to a museum for a class so I tagged along today. We didn't know the museum would be free today (first Sunday of the month). It was a nice exhibit on the Jewish community. All savings were spent on chocolate drinks and candies at the Lindt cafe. It's ok. We had.walked a mile to the bus stop. Though it probably required many more miles to walk off all those calories. Totally worth it!

http://www.musee-mccord.qc.ca/en/exhibitions/shalom-montreal/

• SerenitySTAT
    edited November 2018

Fasting is becoming too easy. I forgot I heated up lunch in the microwave today. Someone else found it while making dinner. Oops!

• CaliKelly
    CaliKelly Member Posts: 198
    edited November 2018

The joy of living near the beach!

• SerenitySTAT
    edited November 2018

I'm at a workshop, and the croissants are amazing! ThumbsUp

• scotbird
    edited November 2018

I had a lovely weekend, I really enjoyed choosing colours for my redecorating plans. By Christmas it will all be done. I’m really looking forward to Christmas already.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited November 2018

Work is weird. I have a client with a contact person who is being very difficult. I've decided to pass off work for this person to someone else. I have plenty of work for others at the same company and for other companies. Also, I will no longer allow contact by phone. All requests must be in writing. It bugged me all weekend, but once I made the decision, I felt better.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited November 2018

Woke to the pup dream running against me. Medicating

• SerenitySTAT
    edited November 2018

Had a discussion with my husband. I asked if he sees me as an optimist. Nope. He knows I'm a grouchy pain in the butt. He's not wrong. I just can't wallow in misery. That may work for some people, but it makes me feel worse.

So, duck fat fries. I haven't had any for some time, but the thought pleases me with zero calories.

• CaliKelly
    edited November 2018

😂😂I know what you mean serenity, I can't wallow! I've tried, but can only sustain it for a day or so, and have to physically feel like crap.Not a wallower😉Oh well, I have other attributes. You can be a grouchy old pain in the butt, and still be an optimist!. Which I suspect you really are😄Optimist, I mean. If I go in a restaurant, and there's a beautiful chandelier, I say, "wow, what a beautiful chandelier " My husband says," If that thing falls on you, it'll kill you!" Its all in your point of view.I'm an annoyingly upbeat grouchy pain in the butt! Love ya!

• SerenitySTAT
    edited November 2018

Ha! Not an optimist! I see a big chandelier and think, "What a pain that would be to dust!" Loopy

One of the best people I know is an upbeat optimist. She's an actress, and it amazes me that she never lets rejections get her down. I wouldn't be able to handle it. When I need a pick me up, I just need to listen to her.

Don't ever change! You lift people up. Hug

• SerenitySTAT
    edited November 2018

I have a strand of hair that was gray, but has been growing out dark for the past few months. I said to my daughter, "I'm getting younger!" She replied, "Yes, you are, Benjamin Buttons."

• SerenitySTAT
    edited November 2018

Work is still weird. The difficult person I mentioned just sent an email on Friday night at 11 pm asking for help troubleshooting something to have it ready for a Monday 9 am meeting. The gall! This is not in the SLA!

Sorry, no can do! I have to watch my hair grow! Winking

• SerenitySTAT
    edited November 2018

I texted a colleague who also received the email. Told him to enjoy the weekend not working on this request. Love working from home, but we have to be firm on boundaries. Plus, this person can't throw me under the bus and expect last minute help the following week. Consequences!

• SerenitySTAT
    edited November 2018

It’s a very good thing I work remotely. Otherwise, I’d need to be restrained from assaulting this person.

• CaliKelly
    edited November 2018

You go girl! Don't let them take advantage! About your hair aging backwards, before I lost all my hair, it had enough grays that I would color it. When it grew back( finally) after chemo, it had forgotten how old it was! Virtually no grays! I don't color it now, just use a color enhancing conditioner to brighten it up. Grew back the color of when I was a baby!

imageimage

• SerenitySTAT
    edited November 2018

Yep. This person is incompetent and doesn't realize everyone knows it. Well, except the main boss. The gossip I hear isn't flattering. Still, the time I spend responding to the stupid emails is billable. But it's aggravating, and it takes time away from productive work. I told people I needed to decompress after this morning!

Your hair is gorgeous! Love the color and your baby pic. I have fewer gray hairs overall post chemo, but they stand out against my dark hair. Long ago I had this great hair conditioning mask that ended up tinting my gray hairs a bit red. Unfortunately the company closed, and I haven't found a replacement.

• scotbird
    edited November 2018

I'm also working from home just for this week. Very cosy not having to go out in the rain and making coffee instead of having to get it from the coffee shop. x

• SerenitySTAT
    edited November 2018

Love having coffee at home!

• SerenitySTAT
    edited November 2018

Loopy

• SerenitySTAT
    edited November 2018

Happy Thanksgiving! It was a regular work day here. We had Thai food. Then we watched the national dog show. We love the sporting group, but they’re all good doggies.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited November 2018

A client asked for some feedback that he could use in his performance appraisal with his boss. I love working with him, so I gladly agreed to write something. When I ran it by a colleague, he said, "Do me! Do me!" :) Hope it helps my client!

• SerenitySTAT
    edited November 2018

Long day today. I had 2 meetings downtown. I had to walk up 5 flights for one meeting because the elevator was broken. Seems construction season is continuing into winter. Even though it's cold and dreary, I enjoyed walking around Montreal. I was able to resist going into any of the bakeries or chocolate shops that smelled so delicious. Not bad considering I was fasting until dinner. The long ride home in an almost empty bus was relaxing.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited November 2018

Today it’s been 3 years since diagnosis.

• pi-xi
    pi-xi Member Posts: 177
    edited November 2018
    How wonderful, Serenity!
  • SerenitySTAT
    edited November 2018

Thanks, Pi-Xi!

• CaliKelly
    edited November 2018

Happy cancerversary! "She is clothed in strength and dignity and LAUGHS WITHOUT FEAR OF THE FUTURE "! I love that Proverb😊My 3 year mark is next January 20th on my birthday😃