Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Thin Slices of Joy

Comments

• SerenitySTAT
    SerenitySTAT Member Posts: 3,534
    edited February 2018

Jojobird - I love mojitos!

ScotBird - Yay for the promotion!

CeliaC - Good to see you!

Went out to dinner with the family. That's always fun.

• sswp
    sswp Member Posts: 61
    edited February 2018

The poem about being still you, my husband and I talk about this subject. Considering I’m in the middle of treatment, I’m doing ok feeling like I’m still me, as much as can be expected.

The almond croissants look amazing.

Day 4 of chemo 3, I’m going to attempt to make an appearance at the office. Grateful I have the choice to do so

• SerenitySTAT
    edited February 2018

sswp - You’re past the midpoint of chemo!

I was mesmerized. I will not be skating on wild ice. I can skate forward, backward, and turn, but I have trouble stopping.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited February 2018

Happy Valentine’s!

• SerenitySTAT
    edited February 2018

This guy is better than I am!

• SerenitySTAT
    edited February 2018

Must watch this!

• scotbird
    scotbird Member Posts: 592
    edited February 2018

Aw that dog is so cute!

I went to the local Chinese restaurant last night t ask for some fortune cookies for my children as I was too disorganised to get them from the supermarket before it closed. They were so lovely and gave me six fortune cookies and a big bag of prawn crackers but refused to take any money for them. We had lots of fun celebrating the year of the dog at home.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited February 2018

ScotBird - That was so nice of them! At our house, every year is the year of the dog. Happy Chinese New Year!

I like showers over the weekend because I can take my time. While listening to Billie Holiday, I drybrushed and then took a long shower. Very relaxing.

• moth
    moth Member Posts: 3,293
    edited February 2018

Oh I have a sudden craving for fortune cookies! I'll have to see if I can find some vegan ones around here.

Serenity STAT - I've been reading through this thread since I joined this board. Love it.

Every year is year of the dog at my house too lol. Happy Lunar New Year to everyone. May it bring health & joy to everyone.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited February 2018

Welcome, moth! Nice avatar! Fortune cookies are yummy. Never heard of a vegan version.

I woke up with sciatic pain! Most likely my new squatting exercises triggered it. I did my hip crossover stretch and nerve flossing, and now the pain is gone with no meds. Whew!

• SerenitySTAT
    edited February 2018

We went to see Black Panther on Sunday. It was fantastic!

• SerenitySTAT
    edited February 2018

My older daughter got accepted to grad school!

• eastcoastts
    eastcoastts Member Posts: 352
    edited February 2018

Grad school and Black Panther! Quite a week! SillyHeart

• SerenitySTAT
    edited February 2018

It's been a good week! I've worked long days this week. I'm taking the day off to decompress my head. Looking forward to a day of mindlessness!

• SerenitySTAT
    edited February 2018

Mud bath, maybe?

• SerenitySTAT
    edited February 2018

Pup wants cuddles.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited February 2018

• SerenitySTAT
    edited February 2018

• SerenitySTAT
    edited February 2018

• SerenitySTAT
    edited March 2018

X-Files! Loopy

• TaRenee
    TaRenee Member Posts: 406
    edited March 2018

Seton Hall beat NC State. My kids are gonna FLIP OUT tomorrow. I’m pretty sure a bracket for one of my classes just got BUSTED! Winning class gets Krispy Kreme Donuts. It’s a win-win for me cause I’m eatin too

• TaRenee
    TaRenee Member Posts: 406
    edited March 2018

And THIS face. image

• scotbird
    edited March 2018

My daughter is home for the holidays! Love her and love having all the fam together again for a week or two.

• moth
    moth Member Posts: 3,293
    edited March 2018

There was a flock of migratory Canada Geese flying this morning! Spring is here!

• SerenitySTAT
    edited March 2018

I haven't posted lately, but I am still finding joy each day.

My husband was away for over a week. I cooked without unintentionally starting any fires! My kids even liked what I made.

I took the kids to see Tomb Raider. The moment my pup saw us ready to leave, she trotted into her crate to wait for her treat. Very cute. Movie was good.

My older daughter was accepted into 2 grad programs. She chose to stay here in Montreal!

• SerenitySTAT
    edited March 2018

• eastcoastts
    eastcoastts Member Posts: 352
    edited March 2018

SillyHeart

• scotbird
    edited March 2018

I have been staying with friends. They have a warm radiator in their hallway just underneath the coat hooks on the wall where they hang up their coats. When you put on your coat in the morning it is so lovely and cosy and toasty. Great joy as it’s been really cold and snowy. At my house we hang our coats by the front door where they are quite cold. I need to rethink my coat hanging strategy!

• celiac
    celiac Member Posts: 1,260
    edited March 2018

ScotBird - Slipping into a warm toasty coat sounds lovely. Quite cold here in the Greater Cincinnati area. We are awaiting a slow moving band of snow that is predicted to drop 2-4 inches of snow today (considerably better than the original forecast of 8 -12). Does not sound like a lot, but it is very hilly here. Happy Saturday!

• SerenitySTAT
    edited March 2018

Gorgeous day today. We still have lots of snow on the ground, but it was sunny and clear. Perfect for walking around downtown.