Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Uplifting and Lively Messages. No holds barred..

Options

Comments

• Michelle_in_cornland
    Michelle_in_cornland Member Posts: 1,233
    Options

Claire, I love to go luxury resale shopping. You will have to take a picture of your hat! I love luxurious things, but at a bargain price. I have bought a long mink coat at a thrift store that was in amazing condition. I have had it cleaned, a new button put on, but it is just not cold enough here. If I were in Chicago, I would wear it more because of the weather and taking public, as opposed to private, transportation. I have given away alot of "surplus" stuff this year that I just did not need. What I am holding onto are my best acquisitions. My basics for everyday running around are athleta black leggings, old navy shirt bottom t's with long sleeves or eddie bauer all cotton t's with long sleeves. I layer on handmade knitwear that I designed or a puffer vest. This ensemble is very simple, but works for this casual area. My boots of choice are black quilted top duck boots from sperry. When I do get to dress up, I will pull out the big guns. I have noticed that my big gun shoes have gotten to be shorter heels or wedges. The higher heel shoes tend to throw my knees forward. I love pretty shoes, but I also like comfort. Last year at my nephew's wedding I wore a TJ Maxx find - Katherine Barclay dress, knee length. To that I added black tights and my daughter's black wedge suede boots from target. Of course I had all of the nicest shoes to wear with it, but the comfort factor was important to me. I had really cool jewelry that I made to accessorize. I felt great and I was comfortable, while everyone else threw off their shoes to dance.

Still recovering from Tuesday's surgery and I have been moving around my house doing little things and working on a really cool Chanel reinvention!! I have been sleeping on and off during the days.

• logang
    logang Member Posts: 144
    Options

Michelle... I am glad you are recovering well! As for weekend plans, nothing exciting here. I had to go see a few patients for work this morning, then my 15 year old son and I had to work concessions at the girls basketball games this afternoon.

I mad a big pot of chili for supper tonight. I have been doing really well the last few weeks with cutting down my junk food consumption. I even walked 2.5 miles on the dreadmill Thursday night and 1-2 miles all other nights. I haven't walked yet today. If I do it will probably only be 1 mile. I am tired and feel like I am fighting with my sinuses...grrr.

• thereisnodespair
    thereisnodespair Member Posts: 98
    Options

B"H

Michelle how are you feeling? Praying here for your easy and swift recovery! Glad you are keeping busy and not alone, and surely happy that your children are busy with university studies! Keep strong - you don't only have that little dog by your side!!!!

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    Options

I wore the velvet jacket today and felt fab!!! And just put it back on as it is chilly in my place and I see no need to turn up the heat for 5 minutes. It's off to bed in a trice as in major need of sleep after burning it on all ends with more to come. Had a big lunch at the board meeting and didn't even feel like dinner tonight. But I DID get in my walk.

Wore my new vintage Bogner tomato red ultrasuede jacket for the walk - equally fab.

Michelle....you need to create occasions to wear a mink coat. I wore mine quite a bit these past 2 months as was cold enough here. People would come up to me in Seattle and tell me how fabulous I look in it. (I bus it into Seattle most of the time as so much cheaper than driving/parking.)

I need to wear my boot collection once again. I have been collecting Clergerie, made in France. Perhaps I shall, now that I am wearing more skirts with the warmer weather. I need to dig out patterned hose too, as in style and super fun.

I also need to do a closet edit. I have things that I will never wear again. For a long time, I needed formal business attire. Now, I need more casual and a lot of business casual, and I still need to attend the odd formal meeting. But only a few times per year.

That way, the fab items can float to the surface. I need to also weed out the "no longer fab".

And, I still need one more black cashmere turtleneck that works for business casual. That one is still eluding me..... - Claire

• Michelle_in_cornland
    Options

I am feeling better and stronger every hour, thanks to getting my butt kicked into gear by Claire. I am not in any pain or major discomfort. I have been resting more during the day and walking throughout my house. I just finished this little piece of Chanel.

It is just for fun and to layer with some of my vintage pieces. Thank God that I know how to design and bead, it has saved my sanity. Having little projects to work on like this, bolsters my resolve to get better quicker.

I do love luxury, but am a bargain Diva. Before Women's Closet Exchange went on the fashion network on cable, it was my stomping ground. It is now owned by someone else and does not have the same feel. My favorite places to shop include Clothes Mentor (a chain), Macy's Last Act Department, the Goodwill for interesting and vintage finds and some outlet malls. I, too, have alot of more dressy business suits from the 90s and 2000's from Henri Bendel, etc. When I was an executive, I traveled every day, gave speeches and spoke frequently at large events. I have kept most things in a cold storage offsite from my house. That was back when I was a size 4 and 6. I will be happy to be a 10/12 as a final goal. I want to look healthy, not skinny. I have been thin and I have been heavier, I just want to be fit and medium sized. I no longer desire to be 120 pounds or anywhere near that, maybe 145 or 150. If I get sick, or have to get through a surgery, I want a buffer. Whatever size I am, I will own it and be proud to be alive and healthy.

It has been too warm where I live to dig out my fur coats. I barely have needed a winter coat, but would love to see a few feet of snow this year. If I take a trip up to Chicago, I will wear my mink. It is kind of boxy and I have thought of having it restyled or nipped at the waist. When I get to my healthy size medium, it could be time to locate a furrier.

Thank you everyone for your continued support and participation on this thread. You are all wonderful and I appreciate you very much.

• claire_in_seattle
    Options

Wonderful that you are not in major pain, Michelle! And just love the Chanel piece.

I hear you on being a healthy size. I was too large 2 months ago and I knew it!!! Ten pounds makes all the difference in the world, and I will be going for the additional 5. This will mean that I will wear my belt collection regularly again. Even now, I am doing this.

Probably spring conditions today, but planning on 8-10 miles of Nordic skiing. I could spend the entire day working, but I am not doing this. I will get in some work later, as have a couple of things looming. I can multitask and make split pea soup.

BTW - homemade soup is one of the ways to remain relatively slender when it's cold and dark out. Major nutrition boost and so much better for you than a lot of lunch/dinner options, not to mention fewer calories. This is even though I bought a ham hock from the butcher for mine. Major delish. I find too that a couple of parsnips are the magic ingredient along with a touch of mace.

One more week of restrained eating/imbibing prior to my birthday week!!!! I can do this.

Then, I think I will need 4-5 more weeks post birthday to get down to my fighting weight, which I should find easier to maintain once I start training for the ride to Portland. Not to mention when April rolls round with the Daffodil Classic, Tulip Pedal, Lopez Island Ride, Skagit Spring Classic, and then the June rides. I am hoping to get out to Coeur d'Alene in early June to ride the Centennial Trail in Idaho before it gets ungodly hot. Two more long rides in August after the BIG RIDE in July, and then I am hoping to do the Wine Country Trek again this year in late September. Fun times ahead.

I feel beyond blessed to be able to do these things. And this year, I will be rocking BRAND NEW cycling shorts!!!!! - Claire

• Michelle_in_cornland
    Options

Hi, ladies. Well not an eventful day, but that is just fine by me. I walked around my house 1.2 miles, did some more beadwork, watched a little Netflix. No naps today, but rested my low back a few times. Tomorrow is supposed to be more than 40 degrees outside and I might venture a walk around the boulevard. Might is the key word. Definitely going stir crazy, but not enough to subject myself to any sick persons out to feel better. No pain from surgery, just some fatigue, which shall pass. Working on getting my iron stores up. My daughter sent me a text today about a parent of some of my former volleyball players. The mother went into a coma last week and passed away today. Cause is yet unknown. She was in her 40's. I thank God everyday that I am alive, and taking a bite out of life.

Claire, when is your birthday week? And, do you have recipes for the soups that you are mentioning?

• claire_in_seattle
    Options

I considered fried clams to be a health food when my iron stores were down. Made sure that I dropped into Ivar's fish bar for lunch when I was cycling during chemo. Amazing fries too....quite unlike the glopped over ones I was given yesterday as part of my lunch. Less really is more here.

Pea soup is chopped veggies (onion, carrots, celery, parsnip) sweated in some olive oil in the bottom of a large soup pot. When the onion is translucent, you add in one lb of split peas, and fill the pot with water. I also added in herbs de Provence, dried sage sitting on my counter, a bit of mace, salt and pepper. If you are vegetarian, stop here. However, I think a ham hock makes a world of difference. Bring everything to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cook for about 3 hours.

When everything is soft, and the meat is falling off the ham hock bone, let the soup cool, and remove the ham hock. Bones go in the garbage, and the meat gets chopped up and put back into the soup. Reheat everything and check the seasoning. Serve with some nice hot rolls and butter. This makes a vat of the stuff, so you will be in soup for a while.

My ski was glorious. Much better snow than I thought there would be. I did about 10 miles. It was snowing at the end, so a wet drive back. I feel ever so much better. What I really noticed is that my ski pants are no longer snug on me!!!

Birthday week is next week.

I am making a pork chop with roasted veggies (carrots, parsnips, potatoes, and Brussels sprouts for dinner. Need the nutrition as I didn't eat well yesterday. Was still out of sorts after the lunch, and then wine in the afternoon. Back to no wine for another week as the roomier ski pants/roomier everything is encouraging. - Claire

• Michelle_in_cornland
    Options

Hey, ladies!!! Tomorrow will be one week since my surgery. It seams so surreal that I made my appt for surgery, had it done, now recovering all in one month. Of course, I had contemplated it before, over and over. No pain today, but also did not walk. My hip flexor muscles were too tight, so I thought I had better take it easy one day. My followup appt is tomorrow and I have already heard that no cancer was found (not that I was expecting any) but good to know anyway. I never expected to have bc either. I have learned so much about myself through this journey and will be sharing it with the BCO people in an interview this week. I felt that it was important to voice my opinion and provide any facts and materials that might be helpful to the next person with this diagnosis. Although my journey just started 6 months ago, I have covered alot of ground and kept copious notes in my agenda. I set goals for myself every day and was able to check them off one at a time. Each goal that I accomplished made me feel more normal, even if I was adjusting to the trauma of diagnosis. Anyhow, I hope that I can help in some small way to make this site even better than it is. One change that BCO made, after I sent them a few messages, was the post as the top of every page in the Hormonal section:

Forum: Hormonal Therapy - Before, During and After —

Risks and benefits, side effects, and costs of anti-estrogen medications. Note: Please remember that there are good experiences and bad with ALL treatments and this is a safe place to share YOUR experience, not to be influenced or influence others.

I feel so strongly that no two experiences will be alike, experience is not a fact, opinion is not a fact, and feelings are not facts. My fear is that someone will read parts of a thread and weigh that as much as their doctor's advice. I want to do no influencing,........ wait, that is not correct,........ I want to interject my positive attitude into this thread with the hope that outcome is molded by mindset.

Well, onto other things......my bounty from the last month in beaded treasures.....a/k/a therapy.....

Big hugz to all my girls.......

• Michelle_in_cornland
    Options

I saw my obgyn who did my gyn surgery last week. He said that my uterus, tubes, ovaries and cervix were all in excellent condition. Too bad there was not a donor program or research program to donate my organs for research. He really expected my uterus to drop and be soft, but with progesterone use it was high and tight. I am free to drive, travel, walk (did 4133 steps = 1.8 miles around the house 1/31). Even though I am free to do all of that, I am still going to increase my socialization by a snail's pace. Everyone in this town is coughing and I don't want to get sick this winter. My daughter is playing collegiate club volleyball at a large university this weekend, and I am going to try to go watch. Even though we decided against her playing Division I or II, and focus on school, I am super excited just to watch her play. College athletes have to sell their souls and academic pursuits to play just about any sport for a school. I did not want that or need that for her. My son will take the LSAT and GMAT this spring as a junior and start applying to both law schools and grad schools. His major is accounting with a minor in history. He is so young for his grade, that we figured he could be finished with law school before the age of 24 and also sit for the CPA exam. My daughter is a freshman, so we have time to figure out a path for her. They are both gifted in math, our son inherited the arguing gene, our daughter is a techno wiz and super outgoing. I am glad they stayed in our town for their undergrad degree because I was able to share knowledge and transfer skills to them, to better prepare them to compete for a position at an Ivy league or upper echelon school. Specifically, I wanted to oversee the development of their writing skills. I worked more with my son, my daughter who was yearbook editor at her school, seems to hold her own. The school here is a satellite branch of a top university in this country and they earn the same exact diploma along with those who went to school with 50,000 other students.

Next step, identify how much recurrence percentage dropped with this most recent surgery and look to see if there are any studies that include that aspect along with drug regime. Calling MO tomorrow.

Good night everyone!! Or, should I say goodmorning!!

• claire_in_seattle
    Options

Hi Michelle,

Good move to be a hermit until the creeping crud epidemic is on the wane. So glad you are healing up nicely for a speedy recovery.

I will say that writing skills are relatively rare, so good moving pushing your children to excel at writing. I can also say that you have NO IDEA how much I draw on my HS creative writing classes these days. Last night, I did a favor for a friend and long term client and did a major edit to a research abstract for a Design of Experiments publication. I read these all the time for the nonprofit work I do, so was easy to help her out. Hoping she gets recognition out of this. Three years ago, I was helping her with her resume when her old research firm went belly up. She landed a great job at a new firm within a month!!!

My other work yesterday was a data visualization exercise for another client who is back. Interesting as a Customer Journey Map, but the steps weren't the ones outlined in the research!!!! I think I went through 5 versions, as we ended up adding in slides. Then a final edit because her research partner wanted everything re-ordered. YIKES.

Early day with the nonprofit as meeting with a Senator's staff to talk about healthcare access as it pertains to orphan diseases. I think I have filings in my brain right now from all the different topics and requirements on it.

Anyway, my point about writing skills is that I know I can do contract work for the rest of my life if I want to. No reverting to puzzles for this brain!!!!!

Looking forward to a less strenuous weekend (including one ski day) as I head into my BIRTHDAY WEEK!!!! Did I mention that the great thing about the Methow Valley is that cell phone service is spotty!!! But the food and libations are wonderful. Promise a pic or 2.

Life is good.....really good. Now to spiff up for today's meeting. - Claire

• Michelle_in_cornland
    Options

Here is a question that just came up from my MO's office, as we weigh which antihormonals to use. Q: What is the health of your teeth and will you need dental work in the future? A: I was born with a genetic tooth anomaly, and have a mouth full of caps and crowns. I will be getting implants for a couple of lower teeth at a later date. My dentist recommends against anything that will compromise my dental health. So, I am back to switching off of Zoloft and onto another less competitive SSRI, to go along with Tamoxifen. My question to my doctor was also: with the surgery that I just had, how much difference does that make lowering my recurrence score. Without Tamoxifen it is 14 percent, with Tamoxifen it is 9 percent. So, I am working with a 5 percent difference between the two numbers. Did my uterus, tubes, cervix and ovaries reduce that risk any further? If so, what is my real number that I am working to lower? I would think the lab that did oncotype tests should be able to factor in this surgery as part of my overall risk reduction. I will be following up with them tomorrow. The good news is that I can take tamoxifen without any worry of uterine issues. It is such a relief to not have to worry about that anymore.

I wish the dental issue would have come up sooner, because that would have maybe changed a direction for me. It is what it is, and I am going to work hard to find a solution soon.

• claire_in_seattle
    Options

Yes, removing your lady parts will shut down estrogen production and put you into menopause. However, your body figures out a way around the "no estrogen" and starts producing estradiol, which also requires an estrogen blocker. Otherwise, post menopausal women wouldn't need to take anything once past active treatment. I think your doctor was talking about AIs in your "next therapy" discussion as they do cause bone loss in most women. That can impact teeth as well. So can bone building drugs, as a side effect is osteonecrosis of the jaw (5%). My male work partner from my corporate life had this, and treatment is something you wouldn't want.

On the other hand, tamoxifen is a bone builder. Evista could be another alternative.

I had an easy decision. No doubt that I needed it all, so that is what I did. However, I did not continue AIs past 5 years as I didn't think the results were compelling enough for me to do this.

You might also want to consider aspirin as a long term therapy. I would add in exercise as in several hours a week of walking. But these would be in addition to anti-hormonals.

Cancermath can help you with your questions as gives you a general idea of your risk with various types of therapy.

Good luck. I think that once this next step is decided, you will feel much better. That said, I was more than glad when I was done with the five years of "jail time". - Claire

• Michelle_in_cornland
    Options

Going to MO today to discuss each of of the anti-hormonals, impact of my recent surgery on recurrence score, how long to recover from surgery before startingn to take meds. Wish me luck girls.

• cliff
    cliff Member Posts: 86
    Options

could be considered uplifting;

after my release from the hospital for breast cancer surgery last year, I took a month off work to heal. siting in the basement watching tv, after getting the great news that it is stage 4, with drain tubes hanging out. sitting there alone, I got to thinking some pretty dark thoughts. then my daughter came down the stairs and said " Daddy, Moms going to kill me". I said "no she isn't, whats up?" Finaly got it out of her, "I'm pregnant". well I told her that since she has been married for 4 years and this is our first grandchild, mom wasn't going to kill her. and mom didn't, almost smothered her with hugs tho. really picked up my spirits a bunch. Last november our granddaughter Daniella Rose was born, giving me a reason to live as long as possible to really spoil that pretty girl. that's a good reason to fight that cancer and stick around.

(Edited by Mods to delete last name. We strongly recommend not posting personal information on a public forum, for your privacy and security reasons. Thanks!)

• claire_in_seattle
    Options

Hi Michelle,

Don't forget cost of the therapy. I was thrilled when my anastrazole copay went from $120/month to $4 per month because the medication went generic. Whatever happens, I think you will feel better once you have a course of action. Of course, once down the path, the way I approached my oncology visits was: this is what I am thinking should be my next steps. Does this make sense???

More often than not, the answer was YES. When it wasn't yes, I got a nice cogent answer about why reconsidering might be a good idea.

I need to go back and play catchup on all the work I had to push back because of a week of thankless tasks. But will carve out time for skiing tomorrow. And prep for a Sunday call for an event I am working on. The list goes on......

Can't wait to escape for my birthday next weekend...... - Claire

• cliff
    Options

when I found out that my exgiva co pay was $2500.00 per month, I asked my cancer center if there was a generic. they found a foundation to pay for most of the cost, only 250.00 per month now. that was nice of them.

• Michelle_in_cornland
    Options

No matter what happens, my plan is to get moving on anti hormonal. All of the work I have put in just getting to this day, has been worth it. No stone unturned, no road not taken. I don't want a recurrence and am going to fight like hell to prevent it. Welcome Cliff, glad you could join uss!!

• cliff
    Options

keep up the fight.

• Michelle_in_cornland
    Options

I am starting Tamoxifen for six weeks starting on Tuesday and will take it with my Zoloft. We will measure enzyme acceptance and see if tamoxifen is converted in the body. If that does not work, I will switch from Zoloft to something else. If that does not work I will take an AI. I requested a timeline so I would know how to make the best decisions. We came up with the arbitrary 6 weeks, which puts me right before my trip to Vegas. If I have to change depression meds it will be in April. In addition, a biophosphonate may need to be added. I have bone density issues with my upper jaw which I don't want to compromise. There is a 5% chance of having some type of mouth sore or opening from the biophosphonate that would never heal. There is also a 5% chance between my recurrence score with and without Tamoxifen. My doctor loves to push the AI's. I asked her what percent risk reduction did I just earn by giving up my uterus, tubes, ovaries and cervix? Her answer was she did not know. I called Genomic Labs and asked them if they have an equation to adjust the initial recurrence percentages based on a risk reduction surgery. They said they have not done a study. I am thinking I just gave up my manufacturing system, and no one can tell me the impact. I am emailing Harvard on Monday, because they have written about the risk reduction surgery, and they may be the ones to quantify it. I think for everything we do including surgery, radiation, meds and optional surgery everything should be weighted as far as significant contributions. At each stage we are told, well, you have to have that, and you have to have that, and by the way, you have to have that too, for five years. I am going to be also adding a baby aspirin to my drug regimen as some studies indicate that is a preventative. I feel like I am asking alot of questions, and not really getting too many answers. Has anyone read any stats on elective risk reduction surgeries. I don't know how this jaw density issue suddenly came up, but I have to say that it put me off guard a bit. Shocked

• Michelle_in_cornland
    Options

I walked over 7000 steps today and am pooped. Visited with my mother who is at rehab for arthritis issues. My husband and son went with me and my mom was as joyful as ever. My daughter played volleyball at a large university and served the winning point for the game. It makes me so happy that she is playing again, after a 1.5 year hiatus. She is playing for herself now, not mom and dad, which is even better. Going to take a nap now.

• claire_in_seattle
    Options

I never made it skiing today as they stopped traffic for avalanche control and by the time they let traffic through again, it was too late. So a 4 hour wait to turn around and get in some serious winter driving. I did get in a 5k run in the pelting rain which isn't quite the same, but a whole lot better than nothing. I am off to a nice hot bath now.

Having a Dungeness crab dinner with salad and wine tonight. Wine is from Airfield Estates and called Flygirl White - a tribute to the pioneering ladies who flew during WWII. Had some last night and just delish.

Jennifer....the wine steward at the supermarket next door is moving on. I knew it would happen when she got Wine Steward of the Year last year. But double the money and a step up with her career. She will do well and I am beyond thrilled for her.

With the business venture, we had a less than satisfying call on Friday. The dude (major global consulting firm) was very nice to us, and gave us some excellent advice which he really didn't need to do, considering what he was really telling us. Major learning, and an opportunity for me to reshape things. What I realized is that we are fishing in the wrong pond, when we do have much better targets.

My other project this past week turned out just fine. More assignments to come from that source. Especially, since it's work I did a couple of years back that she is featuring in her research proposals!!!

Am thrilled to hear about your 7000 steps, Michelle. This means that you will sleep and that you will heal. Major progress forward. Sounds like your daughter had a stellar game. Winning is a wonderful feeling. She should be proud of herself. Way to go!!!!!! - Claire

• claire_in_seattle
    Options

Not at all "uplifting", but did just finish a 5k run in the sleet and rain. Back to work. - Claire

• cliff
    Options

last summer I helped out with several bike runs, including the MS100 bike ride. I am a ham radio operator, and help out at rest stops to provide safety communications. I used to do the SAG truck, following the riders around to help those with breakdowns or hurt, but lasix ( a powerfull diuretic) stopped that. on the way back, I got to thinking about the irony of helping with a possible deadly disease, when I have 4 myself now, diabetes, congestive heart failure, breast cancer, and lymphedema. I also qam 69 years old and work 5 days a week. I have to beat this and stick around to help spoil my new granddaughter.

I HATE CANCER>

• claire_in_seattle
    Options

Hi Cliff,

Yes, it's indeed ironic that you should be stricken with cancer when helping support fundraising for other diseases. I have done the MS ride in NYC which was beyond thrilling. I continue to ride in the Seattle area, and would add Obliteride to my list of rides except I can't stand the course which is as important to me as the cause. Always appreciate the support crew and SAG wagons.

I am thinking at this point that the Stage IV boards might be more helpful for you than us ladies who are trying to feel our way post active treatment. These are different challenges, and the ladies here are trying to get their groove back on. I think your challenges are a bit different, which is why I think the Stage IV boards might be more helpful.

Perhaps, you could start a thread for Dudes. Because I am sure that dudes face unique challenges. Traveltext comes to mind here as does a former work colleague from my corporate days.

Good luck, and do let us know how things progress. Thrilled that you have a granddaughter. I don't have children and won't have any grandchildren unless I meet someone.

Which I am still hoping to do. Another challenge different with ladies. For me, because I am climbing mountains etc. whereas the majority of gents my age are heading to the recliner.

So reaching out to the dudes on the boards could be a great next step in figuring it all out. Because I really think you could use their perspective.

Good luck!!! - Claire

• Michelle_in_cornland
    Options

Hey, girls, today I did 5131 steps. Made myself do almost 4000 before I even left my home. Spent time with my mother at dinner. My family has turned us into salt inspectors. The kitchen staff and I met regarding her evening meal, as I told my sister what I planned for her I was instructed to do something else. Whew....I myself do not intentionally use salt and most foods I consume are raw, like sugar snap peas. I am such a "boring" dinner companion to my husband, as I like basic, untouched whole foods. I am going to try Claire's recipe for pea soup. It sounds delish.

Cliff, I agree with Claire, you might start your own board for guys and have better luck having a meaningful conversation. This thread is to encourage those of us that are early diagnosis with hormone therapy. There are also Stage IV boards that might have better information for you during this time in your life. We wish you the best of luck on your journey, and hope that you find respite with those who might better understand you.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,966
    Options

Hi Cliff,

Naturally, you are also fully welcome here Medicating, which we hope you understand! The above-mentioned suggestions from other members was only meant as additional forums on our boards where you may also find support. We're all here for you- on this topic, and others!

• Michelle_in_cornland
    Options

Today, 5,600 steps, 2.4 miles walked. Tomorrow.......the world!!!! Had to take a nap tonight, so maybe not the world, maybe just my mall. Starting some new projects, ordering stuff for new projects, Did I tell you ladies that I have a friend who is amazing at crochet? If I show her an uber cute pattern, she can make me whatever I want. We have made several mini capes, hats gloves, dress for wearing over jeans, leggings, and Hunter games vests with a place for my bow and arrow. She is just awesome. I went hunting buttons today for something she will finish at the end of February. I am one button short, so I have to keep going back to Joan Fabrics until I find it. They always have 40% off, so I like to use that. Can you believe buttons are $10 a piece? I am so willing to spend money on beautiful buttons, because they make the finishing touches on an outfit.

You bc sisters, have gotten me through a hysterectomy/oopherectomy and were there with me all the way into and out of surgery on this thread. It meant so much to me. Tomorrow starts a new chapter. I start Tamoxifen and pray that it works will with minimal side effects.......Sick

• claire_in_seattle
    Options

Today, I got to my hairdresser who gave me a fabulous cut. Just love the length. Need to go out and do a trudge and hit up the supermarket. I still have work to do, but at least have everything in hand. I think I can turn around the special assignment, so am clear of that for my birthday.

Still need to do my walk...... - Claire

• Michelle_in_cornland
    Options

Logged in 6,581 steps today. I did some in the morning when I woke up, then I took the dog for a walk, and then did a couple more laps around the house. I picked up the Tamoxifen, said a prayer, and then took it....right in the Walgreen's parking lot. Had a bit of a dry throat and tired. Probably going to be hanging out at the house for a few days, until I get the lay of the land with the new med. I think I might take it at night, if it makes me drowsy. Anyone take it at night?

Worked on my projects and watched Sanders vs. Cruz, and Senator Warren. The founder of this website, Dr. Weiss, I believe, encouraged every women with bc to read an article that she cited regarding everyone's access to healthcare as a pre-existing condition. I still can't believe that I have bc. It is a bit overwhelming, but again, I have my sisterhood right here to help me along. I appreciate each and every one of you.