Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Unfortunately things are going downhill

Options

Comments

• Beatmon
    Beatmon Member Posts: 617
    edited December 2017
    Options

Kandy, I’m so very hopeful that the Keytruda is the answer to prayer

• artistatheart
    artistatheart Member Posts: 1,437
    edited December 2017
    Options

Kandy and Shutter, only 12 days left until the shortest day is over!

• Kandy
    Kandy Member Posts: 424
    edited December 2017
    Options

Artist, my husband is always on the count for the shortest day of the year, lol. He says after that at least days are getting longer. I would take shorter days as long as they are warm. I had a horrible morning. Woke up at 7, felt so bad. Started calling for my DH. He finally woke up. Stomach was in intense pain again. Then started vomiting, couldn't seem to stop that. My DH wanted to take me to the hospital again, I was like no, once they capture me, they won't let me out for at least 5 days. After a couple hours of that, then I couldn't seem to stay awake. By lunchtime I was feeling a little better but my stomach has still been bothering me. It wouldn't take much for the vomiting to start again. I still have no appetite. I really don't feel like eating. Hope you all have had a wonderful pain free day. My prayers and thoughts are with you all. May you feel the warmth

• lulubee
    lulubee Member Posts: 903
    edited December 2017
    Options

Kandy, praying for a better day tomorrow. One day at a time. So glad you've been cleared for Keytruda and I pray it works pronto!

• AnimalCrackers
    AnimalCrackers Member Posts: 542
    edited December 2017
    Options

Kandy - I’m so sorry you are suffering again. How I wish I could sprinkle you (and Lita) with magic pixie dust and relieve you of this pain. Hoping you have found some peace tonight and will have a much needed day of rest and comfort tomorrow. Sending you love and support. ((((HUGS)))!!!

• Kjones13
    Kjones13 Member Posts: 662
    edited December 2017
    Options

I really wish you could get off of this roller coaster ride! I hate to hear of your n/v! The worst!! I am hopeful that this new drug may be a good thing! I haven’t done my homework so I can’t give any advice. This snow is something huh? We (in the mountains were supposed to get 1-3 inches...well we got 10! I am praying tomorrow will be a better day! (((Hugs))

• Kandy
    edited December 2017
    Options

Not a very good day at all. Tumor markers are now at 7700. I got the first of the end of life talks. Not pleasant at all. We decided I will start Keytruda next week as I can get myself off the steroids in 2 days. I will also stay on Ibrance and by the grace of God something will work. Can't believe how quickly I went from 1 met to talking about end of life. I will continue to pray for each of you. I'm still holding hope that God will want me to stay here with my family for awhile longer. Keep enjoying the moment and praising God.

• artistatheart
    artistatheart Member Posts: 1,437
    edited December 2017
    Options

Oh Kandy, surely God must intervene and keep you here. You are such a blessing to us and your dear family. I am praying every night for you and a better tomorrow.

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 9,917
    edited December 2017
    Options

Kandy~I don't like to think of doctors saying things like that when you're about to try some new medicine. How does he know it won't knock it back? He doesn't. Plain and simple. You have so much positive energy coming you and your family's way, something has got to give. You're in my thoughts. You will continue to be in my thoughts. Gentle hugs of support. ~M~

• cure-ious
    cure-ious Member Posts: 2,745
    edited December 2017
    Options

Kandy, Your posts are so valuable, terrifying as they are but what we all will face. And especially seeing how rapidly stable can turn to unstable. But as you know, there are cases of individuals with only months to live who got the right treatment and jumped right back, a year or more later still going strong. Holding my breath that the Keytruda works on you the way it did on Jimmy Carter- durable. long-lasting and buy you quality time.

• finallyoverit
    finallyoverit Member Posts: 133
    edited December 2017
    Options

Kandy ~ continuing to lift you up in prayer. I will pray specifically for comfort for you, wisdom for your medical team and for you to have lots more time with your family. F cancer! You are so loved and cherished here.. I hope you can feel the warmth.

• Southernsurvivor
    Southernsurvivor Member Posts: 569
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Kandy, praying for you this morning, my friend. You are such an inspiration to me and I am so sad to hear this news. We are so thankful to be here to support you right now, as you are always there for us. I'm praying for both your physical and emotional health - this cancer tries to break us in many ways. Don't give up. As Cure-ious said, it just takes the right treatment. Also, the big C can't break your deep relationship with God. Remember He is with you on every step of your journey. Wishing you a peace-filled, pain-free day today. ❤
  • marie5890
    marie5890 Member Posts: 111
    edited December 2017
    Options

Praying for you and your family, Kandy.

<3<3<3

• AnimalCrackers
    edited December 2017
    Options

Kandy - (((HUGS))

• 50sgirl
    50sgirl Member Posts: 2,071
    edited December 2017
    Options

Kandy, I am lifting you up in prayer. I am also praying that your new treatment plan is the one we have all been hoping for to help you and turn things around. You are a vital part of our community, and we are all here with love and support.

Hugs and prayers from, Lynne

• marylark
    marylark Member Posts: 159
    edited December 2017
    Options

Dear Kandy,

I'm holding you in prayer. Don't despair. He is holding you.

Mary

• zarovka
    zarovka Member Posts: 2,959
    edited December 2017
    Options

Thinking of you Kandy. Praying for strength for you and everyone around you.

>Z<

• Lynnwood1960
    Lynnwood1960 Member Posts: 1,107
    edited December 2017
    Options

Prayers continue for you Kandy.

• Lita57
    Lita57 Member Posts: 2,338
    edited December 2017
    Options

Kandy, you started this thread almost a year ago, and you're still here!

You WILL PREVAIL.

Holding you and your family up in prayer.

L

• MJHJAN1014
    MJHJAN1014 Member Posts: 622
    edited December 2017
    Options

Kandy, envisioning you in a warm healing light. Wishing you peace of mind and comfort. MJH

• Kkrenz
    Kkrenz Member Posts: 76
    edited December 2017
    Options

I don't post often...but I am fiercely praying for you kandy. May His light shine on you and be gracious to you.

• rpoole1962
    rpoole1962 Member Posts: 386
    edited December 2017
    Options

I am lifting you up in prayer Kandy.

• iwrite
    iwrite Member Posts: 746
    edited December 2017
    Options

Thinking of you Kandy! Sending prayers that Keytruda quickly knocks back the Mets and gives you some excellent and lengthy Quality time with your family

• azs40
    azs40 Member Posts: 45
    edited December 2017
    Options

New here Kandy, but have been the recipient of support from the kind women here and want to offer my support to you now. My mom, who battled ovarian cancer for 15 years, used to say, "God always has more to give." Prayers for you. Hope and faith too.

• 50sgirl
    edited December 2017
    Options

Kandy, You remain in my thoughts and prayerstoday and ever day.

Hugs from, Lynne

• Kandy
    edited December 2017
    Options

Thank you ladies for holding me up in prayer and your kind thoughts. Yesterday was a pretty bad day. I had a couple appointments that I literally slept through. If fact, unless I was driving I was asleep and that was difficult. I'm sure Jesus took the wheel cause I know I couldn't have been driving. Pretty scary, I think my days of driving are coming to an end. Today has been somewhat better, I slept till noon but have been able to stay awake today. My head feels very funny, can't say I'm dizzy, more like I'm not connected with my head. Weird. Pain has been much better today. Looking forward to Tuesday hoping keytruda will be my miracle drug. Keep the faith. Love and hugs to all of you.

• AnimalCrackers
    edited December 2017
    Options

Oh Kandy please do be careful driving.  Glad you had a better day today, especially on the pain front.  We are all hoping Keytruda does the trick for you and you will be feeling much better soon!  Keeping the faith in you!  You've got this!  ((Hugs))

• mistyeyes
    mistyeyes Member Posts: 571
    edited December 2017
    Options

Kandy,

I am adding my prayers with everyone else for you. May it help knowing you are wrapped in prayer through this trying time

• pajim
    pajim Member Posts: 930
    edited December 2017
    Options

Thinking of you and hoping the infusion goes well. Many hugs!!

• 50sgirl
    edited December 2017
    Options

Kandy, I can't believe that you drove yourself to your appointments. I think you are right, and Jesus was right there with you. I continue to lift you up in prayer. I hope that your new treatment will yield an incredibly quick and effective response that lasts for a long time. Keytruda is a miracle drug for others, and it can be for you, too.

Hugs and prayers from, Lynne