Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Unfortunately things are going downhill

Options

Comments

• lalady1
    lalady1 Member Posts: 530
    edited December 2017
    Options

Sending lots of love from CA! Hope Keytruda does the trick - please rest and let others drive now. :)

• artistatheart
    artistatheart Member Posts: 1,437
    edited December 2017
    Options

Losing the ability to drive is a tough one. I love driving somewhere with my music going and just hate facing that possibility. But being safe is definitely the first priority. Sending healing thoughts Kandy and rooting for Keytruda to kick some Big C butt.

• 50sgirl
    50sgirl Member Posts: 2,071
    edited December 2017
    Options

Kandy, I am hoping that you have been able to experience some relief from your pain this weekend. I hope that Tuesday's Keytruda treatment begins to work quickly to beat down those cancer cells. I continue to lift you up in prayer.

Hugs from, Lynne

• Kandy
    Kandy Member Posts: 424
    edited December 2017
    Options

Hello Ladies, thanks for all the thoughts and prayers. I found out that my tumor markers had fell from over 7700 to 6400 in a week. I spoke with my MO this morning and we agreed that Ibrance might be working. So we decided to hold off on Keytruda and save it for the future. I am thrilled that my markers dropped, that is the first time in over a year. We will scan in a month and see how well Ibrance is working. I hope it was the right decision to put a hold on keytruda, I just didn't want to use it if Ibrance is going to work. I have continually thanked God for the healing. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you

• azs40
    azs40 Member Posts: 45
    edited December 2017
    Options

Awesome! Fight like a mother f****r, Kandy. Wishing you continued hope and improvement - especially as we round the corner to a new year.

• LindaE54
    LindaE54 Member Posts: 1,379
    edited December 2017
    Options

Excellent news Kandy!

• mike3121
    mike3121 Member Posts: 280
    edited December 2017
    Options

Wow, that's a significant drop; for one week no less. I've heard that Ibrance works so well (not for everybody) that some people were getting pulled out of hospice because of it.

The wife is doing okay on Xeloda with most spinal met's gone except for a stubborn one in her hip bone. Her last markers showed 73 down from 98 six months back.

You might need to change the title of your thread some day to: "Fortunatly things are going Uphill."

MikeW.

• 50sgirl
    50sgirl Member Posts: 2,071
    edited December 2017
    Options

Kandy, WOOHOO! I love that big drop! It sounds like you and your MO have thought it through and made the right decision about Keytruda. You know it is there if you need it later. In the meantime, I look forward to hearing more good news from you. I hope you begin feeling better soon. Another WOOHOO for you. I will continue to send up prayers for you.

Hugs from, Lynne

• dlb823
    dlb823 Member Posts: 2,701
    edited December 2017
    Options

Wow, that's great news, Kandy. Very hopeful and encouraging!!! Continuing to pray for you.

• zarovka
    zarovka Member Posts: 2,959
    edited December 2017
    Options

Kandy - I am so happy to check in and find that your tumor markers are dropping. That is one heck of a drop!. It's worth watching Ibrance alone for a bit, but keep in mind that there is some argument that ibrance and keytruda (CDK4/6 inhibition + PDL-1 inhibition) can complement each other. I don't believe the trials were super successful but everyone is different. Consider adding the keytruda to the protocol in a month or two if they will allow it.

>Z<

• Lynnwood1960
    Lynnwood1960 Member Posts: 1,107
    edited December 2017
    Options

Great drop Kandy!

• cure-ious
    cure-ious Member Posts: 2,745
    edited December 2017
    Options

Kandy- I was so excited to read your post!! Makes complete sense to see how far Ibrance can get you on its own, although I agree with Z, once you know its working and your TMs reach some stable point, why not try adding some Keytruda and see if you can see a further benefit?! Very little side effects with immunotherapy, and although we don't know how successful it is when added onto Ibrance, if you happen to be a responder, we know that can be a game-changer of a drug! Can make treatments last much, much longer. Oh, Happy days, I hope you get deep rest and some joy in life again. All we want is to find a safe space, where we can hang out until the next miracle treatment pops up!

• azs40
    azs40 Member Posts: 45
    edited December 2017
    Options

Amen Cure-ious. I'm new to stage IV-world, but my latest prayer is that treatments will work until THE treatment works - for many, many years with few to nil side effects. I'm holding out for that day and praying it comes soon - for all of us

• josgirl
    josgirl Member Posts: 61
    edited December 2017
    Options

absolutely fabulous news

• marylark
    marylark Member Posts: 159
    edited December 2017
    Options

Yay Kandy. God is good. Keep up the fight!

Mary

• Southernsurvivor
    Southernsurvivor Member Posts: 569
    edited December 2017
    Options

What a significant TM drop! So happy for you, Kandy! God is good - all the time.

• mike3121
    mike3121 Member Posts: 280
    edited December 2017
    Options

I have read that when their's a mass die off of cancer cells (I forgot the scientific name for this) a person get's real barfable sick; I mean like a real bad flu.

MikeW.

• Lita57
    Lita57 Member Posts: 2,338
    edited December 2017
    Options

Is the term apoptosis or something like that?

L

• Beatmon
    Beatmon Member Posts: 617
    edited December 2017
    Options

Wonderful news! Drop it

• lulubee
    lulubee Member Posts: 903
    edited December 2017
    Options

Kandy! Awesome news!!! So happy.

• zarovka
    zarovka Member Posts: 2,959
    edited December 2017
    Options

Apoptosis is simply cell death. "Barfable Sick" is a perfectly fine name for craptastic effects of a massive die off. Praying we have a winner.

>Z<

• bigbhome
    bigbhome Member Posts: 721
    edited December 2017
    Options

Kandy, I am so happy for you! It's about time things started going your way! Sending you lots of gentle hugs and prayers!

Claudia

• Kjones13
    Kjones13 Member Posts: 662
    edited December 2017
    Options

happy dance for the drop! May it continue!

• AnimalCrackers
    AnimalCrackers Member Posts: 542
    edited December 2017
    Options

Yay Kandy!!  Soooo happy to read your post and find out that your TMs have dropped significantly.  I'm joining Kjones in the Happy Dance!

• marie5890
    marie5890 Member Posts: 111
    edited December 2017
    Options

YAYAYAYAY for good news! ENJOY you holiday. :) Hope you will be feeling as good as you can :)

• Kkrenz
    Kkrenz Member Posts: 76
    edited December 2017
    Options

This is f***cking awesome....it just made my day!!!

• artistatheart
    artistatheart Member Posts: 1,437
    edited December 2017
    Options

Excellent news Kandy, made my heart soar!

• amarantha
    amarantha Member Posts: 330
    edited December 2017
    Options

OH Kandy, I am really happy to hear that Ibrance may be actually working for you. This gives all of us hope with you. Rooting for you !!

• rpoole1962
    rpoole1962 Member Posts: 386
    edited December 2017
    Options

This is such great news!!!! When Ibrance works.....it just does. Cleared my lungs last year!!!!

Sending hugs and positive vibes!

• AnimalCrackers
    AnimalCrackers Member Posts: 542
    edited December 2017
    Options

Kandy - Wishing you a Merry Christmas.  Hope you are feeling better and can enjoy the day with your family.