Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Unfortunately things are going downhill

Options

Comments

• JFL
    JFL Member Posts: 1,373
    edited January 2018
    Options

Kandy, thinking of you.

• Artista964
    Artista964 Member Posts: 376
    edited January 2018
    Options

its not just the mbc folks who wish her well..

• ShetlandPony
    ShetlandPony Member Posts: 3,063
    edited January 2018
    Options

Yes, indeed.

• 70charger
    70charger Member Posts: 591
    edited January 2018
    Options

THM Bless you for keeping us in the loop

Hugs to Kandy & her family

I agree from her BCO family.

• Southernsurvivor
    Southernsurvivor Member Posts: 569
    edited January 2018
    Options

Kandy - praying for pain management and peace. Know you are loved by all of us here! ❤️

TarheelMichelle - thanks so much for your updates. it really means so much to me and the BCO family

• Omrawan
    Omrawan Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2018
    Options

Prayers and hugs to you Kandy and your family..stay strong.

• Mominator
    Mominator Member Posts: 1,173
    edited January 2018
    Options

TarheelMichelle /Ronda: thanks so much for all you do for our Kandy. Please stay safe.

Sending love, peace, and strength to Kandy.

Suggested wording for the flowers: "From all your friends at BCO"

• BabyRuth
    BabyRuth Member Posts: 107
    edited January 2018
    Options

Prayers for you and your family Kandy. I hope you can find relief from the pain.

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 9,917
    edited January 2018
    Options

Kandy~I have no words to express the sadness and Anger i feel. We are all very concerned and worried for you. Your Dear sweet husband by your side. You are in every thought and every good vibe I can send across the miles. We love you. ❣️😞😪, hopefully it's just fluids and additional pain adjustments and you'll be on your way back to your beautiful home. Much love to you and your family always~M~

• chelleg
    chelleg Member Posts: 396
    edited January 2018
    Options

Kandy,

Sending heartfelt prayers of peace and comfort. For all of your family as well. May you be surrounded by love and may the caring hands of the medical team work miracles of complete comfort for you.

Chelle.

• Artista964
    Artista964 Member Posts: 376
    edited January 2018
    Options

praying for you dear lady. Xo

• tarheelmichelle
    tarheelmichelle Member Posts: 248
    edited January 2018
    Options

Ladies, from the community no one wants to join to the door through which all of us must pass, Kandy has taken the final step.

Her husband Hal just notified me that Kandy died about half an hour ago. Around 12:30, EST.

I hate to type these words as much as you hate to read them.

I will create a memory page, but if someone beats me to it, that’s OK. I can claim geographical closeness to Kandy but I know she held many of you close to her heart.

I am so broken-hearted for all who knew her

• sam2u
    sam2u Member Posts: 43
    edited January 2018
    Options

My heart breaks for her family and friends.

• 50sgirl
    50sgirl Member Posts: 2,071
    edited January 2018
    Options

TarHeel, Thank you for posting what we know was a very difficult message. I know that Kandy is at peace in God's loving arms now.

Hugs and prayers from, Lynne

• sandibeach57
    sandibeach57 Member Posts: 1,387
    edited January 2018
    Options

TarHeelMichelle. Thank you for sharing this very emotional message. Kandy..oh Kandy. Just raw with this news. Need to step away to absorb this profound loss to her family, friends and BCO community. Need a quiet place to cry.

• JFL
    JFL Member Posts: 1,373
    edited January 2018
    Options

I can't believe what I am reading. I know she was in so much pain, head to toe, but she was so functional up until the end. I will never understand cancer. Heartbreaking loss. I really hate this. Praying for her family and that her son with Downs' syndrome will be well taken care of following her passing.

Michelle, thanks for keeping in touch with her family and keeping us informed.

• Bad_At_Usernames
    Bad_At_Usernames Member Posts: 241
    edited January 2018
    Options

JFL I feel the same way. I knew she wasn’t well but she didn’t seem to be near organ failure or anything. We never interacted much, but I found her smart, kind and overall an a great person. I’m sad too..

• ABeautifulSunset
    ABeautifulSunset Member Posts: 600
    edited January 2018
    Options

Sad It’s so hard when we lose someone here. We are sad for Kandy and her family, and we also fear for ourselves, that we are destined for the same end. Of course, everyone is destined to die. That is the way of life. All we can hope for is more time and quality of life. I’m so sorry for Kandy and her family. I’m sorry for us. Please go out and live your life fully, until you can’t. That’s what Kandy did, and it’s what she would want for all of us.

Stefanie

• 70charger
    70charger Member Posts: 591
    edited January 2018
    Options

Group Hug (((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))

Thank you THM.

• Mominator
    Mominator Member Posts: 1,173
    edited January 2018
    Options

TarheelMichelle /Ronda: thank you for reaching out to Hal and keeping us informed.

Kandy was such a dear lady, a fighter. And yet, she felt it was coming 1 year 1 week ago; continuing through her struggles this past month. She tried so hard for herself and her family, taking care of her disabled child. And how she loved her Harper time!

Sending love, peace, and strength to Kandy's husband and family. Many (((HUGS))) to the BCO family she leaves behind. 

• marie5890
    marie5890 Member Posts: 111
    edited January 2018
    Options

May her memory be a blessing to all who knew and loved her.

God Speed, Kandy. God Speed.

• dancingelizabeth
    dancingelizabeth Member Posts: 305
    edited January 2018
    Options

I'm so sad to read this....

• bigbhome
    bigbhome Member Posts: 721
    edited January 2018
    Options

Kandy...

Tarheel, thank you for the update. Please let her family know that we are praying for her and them. I always thought of her as Kandycane, so sweet and loving, thoughtful and kind!

My heart is aching...

Claudia

• Goodie16
    Goodie16 Member Posts: 297
    edited January 2018
    Options

I just have no words. Kandy was so welcoming (as many of you are) when I landed here nearly 3 years ago. I have always enjoyed her posts and positive outlook.

Much love to family and friends.

• zarovka
    zarovka Member Posts: 2,959
    edited January 2018
    Options

Oooof. This one is hard. My thoughts are with her family. Stepping back and having a good cry.

>Z<

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 9,917
    edited January 2018
    Options

I don't even want to acknowledge that this has even happened. I am so upset and angry at the same time. That precious beautiful soul. Her beauty, her caring ways. Her precious heart full of love. I am stunned and just absolutely 💔 crushed. I want to run and hide. Two beautiful ladies in one week. How can we take this ? How are we supposed to just accept this ? Hal~you're a wonderful man... I am deeply devastated for you and your precious family There are truly not enough emotions to describe how sorry I am. ~M~

• tarheelmichelle
    edited January 2018
    Options

I’m still numb. I was unable to send flowers to the hospital because florists are still closed here because of snow. I will send some on our behalf when I hear of funeral arrangements.

I told her husband that I was willing to help with funeral arrangements or calling friends. I didn’t want to overstep boundaries. I don’t know how many are in her immediate circle who will help. Kandy had mentioned in the past that some family members had difficulty accepting the seriousness of her disease. I hope that her husband has help through these difficult days. l did not know what else to do beyond offering help through a text message.

I created a memorial page called Remembering Kandy, if anyone wants to share feelings there

• Lynnwood1960
    Lynnwood1960 Member Posts: 1,107
    edited January 2018
    Options

My heart literally started pounding out of my chest when I read of Kandys death. Tar Heel thank you for delivering a very difficult message to us. So hard to believe.

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,079
    edited January 2018
    Options

Tarheel, I'm very sorry to learn of Kandy's passing. I appreciate your letting us know. It is so sad; Kandy was so kind and caring and very honest about everything she was experiencing physically and emotionally. I will miss her terribly on these boards. She added so much to our forum. And as you were close in proximity and were able to visit each other a few times, it is and will be a difficult time as you grieve. I'm thankful that she had you; you lifted her spirits a lot.

I'm thankful Kandy lived a full life and was surrounded by love, the love of a good man who treated her so well, the love of her children and grandchild, other family and friends. She just wasn't given enough time here, and that sucks.

She always, always reminded us to enjoy the moment. I loved her for that.

My deepest condolences to all of her loved ones.

Here's the link Tarheel started for Kandy's Rememberence

https://community.breastcancer.org/forum/56/topics...

• tarheelmichelle
    edited January 2018
    Options

Thsnk you DivineMrsM for posting the link. I appreciate that.

Thanks to everyone for their sweet words.

Peace to all.