Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer

Comments

• tanya_djamila
    tanya_djamila Member Posts: 1,528

good afternoon all

I’ve been reading along and enjoying all the puppy photos.

I had 3 teeth extracted Wednesday and as efficient kind and skilled as the dentist was it’s still not a pleasant experience. I’m finished with the pain pills-tramadol- way too strong for this old lady and am just on ibuprofen and penicillin. Will resume ibrance Wednesday.

Mara I would feel trapped too if my street was blocked. There must be a way through for the school kids so I’ll just wait and see when you post how you busted out of there.

Sunshine a day on a boat with family sounds wonderful. I hope you enjoy enjoy enjoy.

Emac a homemade carrot cake and a visit from a friends sounds like a relaxing celebration. That’s so kind that your friend will take you to your appointments. It’s nice to have support especially for you bc you’ve been roughing it alone for awhile.

shanagirl that sounds like a perfect outcome at the surgi center. All that warm blanket coffee and cookies is mighty fine doctors office.
    keris that is really very well described just being places in life with lots of normalcy going on around but inside that silent scream of dread just saturated with fear and foreboding. Pretty I agree no one really understands it unless you’re in the same predicament. Sending encouragement.

Irishlove enjoy your hubbys cooking. Wow that’s amazing that he learned. My DH can make grilled cheese. That’s about it. Mel I think your DH cooks too. I envy you guys. At this stage-he’s 73 I’ll cook or order takeout. He’s great and paying and picking it up.

Going to listen for hurricane updates. Hopefully we’ll just get rain.

Take care all

Tanya

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,319

Carol, enjoy the boat. Which bay do you love? We used to live off Sail Bay and learned to sail there. I miss it still.

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,026
    edited August 2023

sounds heavenly! Enjoy the boat.
    hello to everyone… love the dog pics. Keep them coming please! Cat pics too. Cat owners!

• micmel
  • micmel
  • irishlove
    irishlove Member Posts: 563

Hello everyone. IN pockets for scans tomorrow. Praying and hoping for stable for better scans.

OMG, those pups are all so cute and Belle, you are elegant!

I can't recall the poster with the link that was addressed to me. This thread moves along and I forgot to write it down. I'm sorry. The link isn't working, unfortunately.

I love the sailing and birthday parties (love carrot cake) and life you all are living. Keep going and doing and sharing. And for those that are struggling, may tomorrow be a better day. Need to take my own advice because today has been a just want to get thru it kinda day.

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,390

Cute pups Mae.

I was rather lucky, was little nervous about taking out garbage but was huffing down the stairs and and a man offered to take the garbage bag and recycle bag. In turn, loaned him a blue bag for recycling.

• mkestrel
    mkestrel Member Posts: 180

Hi everyone and their cute dogs. Other threads seem quiet. Does anyone else here have spinal cord damage or nerve pain? I had spine Mets with cord compression, corpectomy and fusion T4 to T8 in 2021. I'm still having trouble dealing with muscle cramps whenever my medicine wears off or doing the wrong movement or even just sitting wrong sets it off. I try not to do those things but it's just hard to deal with combined with all the other cancer treatments and everything. I take methocarbamol and gabapentin. I'm wondering if anyone else has similar issues. I've had a lot of physical therapy and do exercises and stretches. I'm currently sulking because bending over and pulling a few weeds set off cramps.

Here is Her Majesty the Tiger Cat, in my hat.

• chicagoan
    chicagoan Member Posts: 1,026

Micmel-Theo looks so real in that one beautiful photo. I felt like I could almost pick him up! Wish I lived closer so I could borrow him for walks, even though I am a cat person!

• micmel
    edited August 2023

Mkestrel~I have a bone met on the end of my spine and it causes nerve pain and back issues constantly. I feel for you. I take 600 mg of Motrin and Percocet to deal with pain. But if I’m not careful it’s quite painful. If I sit too long it hurts if I stand too long it hurts. So it’s a bad place for it have taken up residence. One of my only Mets. But it sure does hurt. I hope you improve. I know it’s a bothersome thing to deal with . Hugs to all you ladies !

• micmel

love the kitty in the hat! Cats hide in the neatest places !

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,920

Mel, Pardon my ignorance but what kind of dog is Toby? Adorable and really photogenic. Love that little guy.

• cookie54
    cookie54 Member Posts: 806

Hi ladies loving all the adorable pet photo's, always make me smile.

Love boating it has been my salvation for the past couple years, Noting better than fresh air, sunshine and water, enjoy!

Emac glad you had a nice birthday.

mara Happy to hear you have nice neighbors in your building to lend a hand.

shana Sounds like you found a wonderful pain management group.

Wishing everyone stable result's for scans this week. In your pocket and extra prayers coming your way.

• mkestrel
    mkestrel Member Posts: 180

Micmel that's my problem too, the hurt makes me have to keep moving around. I'm not supposed to take any of the ibuprofen types because I'm on Eliquis 😩. Radiation helped some of my mets spots hurt less but whatever angry nerves are half connected keep misfiring. I hope you get some relief too.

• gailmary
    gailmary Member Posts: 495

I love the pet pics. None here. So I frequently enjoy them on YouTube. I've been wanting to go out on the boat all summer. SiL has small pontoon boat for the lake here in se Wisconsin. Dh not interested.its sad that even sitting or bending over can cause more pain. My biggest fear. I've been convinced to stay as active as I can. Finding the balance between doing and over-doing it is hard to do. I take many little breaks.

In spite of everyone's private hell with C most of you seem to have a more interesting life than me. I'm pretty content to stay home though or walk in the woods. Nobody here wants to hear me grumble. Best I say nothing. Easiest if I'm alone.

• seeq
    seeq Member Posts: 1,161

Hi everyone- I've been reading along, without much to say.

Dodgersgirl- you are still on my mind and heart. I hope PT is going well for you and you are close to getting to go home. All while grieving the sudden loss of your husband. Sending hugs and warm thoughts.

Irishlove- I have also been thinking of you quite often; I’m sorry you have so much to deal with right now. I hope you can get a definitive answer and solution to your neuro issues

Emac - Happy belated birthday! Your homemade carrot cake sounds wonderful.

Sunshine - I hope you can get an answer and some relief to your coughing spells. I don't remember you saying it, but I'm sure they ruled out Interstitial Lung Disease (ILD). How frustrating it must be to be struggling so long without even an explanation, let alone a solution.

Shanagirl, yay for good scan results and then TLC at your surgicenter.

Keris113- I know what you mean about feeling set apart from everyone, and people just not understanding. That's part of the reason I decided not to tell people about my dx when we moved here, and it's the main reason I've kept silent about it this long. As it is, I pass for reasonably healthy, if a little creaky for my age. People don't understand anything besides chemo, so anything less must be a breeze; they don't understand treatment forever; and then there are the few that were suddenly concerned (or emboldened?) to ask about my state of salvation. I just don't need the discussion.

I'm loving all the pet pics. We've talked about another dog since we had to put ours down last year, but we're still pretty active and like to travel, and that just makes it more complicated and expensive. So, we take visits with my daughter and her dog, and dog-sit when she travels, and that's enough for now

Things here are going well enough. DH is still recuperating from knee replacement, and is getting around pretty well. It’s still effing hot. We’re about to have a few days in the upper 90s, but then right back into triple digits. It’s almost September, for crying out loud. And, yes, I will be griping when it gets too cold. Lol. I’m just so ready to ease into fall weather.

• micmel

Theo is a MaltiPoo…. I am having such fun with him. We’ve owned him. Month now I adore him so much

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,390
    edited August 2023

I deleted my last post. Was a fluffy piece so I got rid of it. Getting laundry and breakfast, changing and doing a bunch of housework that this place sorely needs. I hate this apartment but will keep it better dusted and vacuumed. I will worry about outside later when I have so much to do in here and that is enough of a workout.

In pockets for anyone who needs, loving dog pics and hope everyone has a good day.

• intolight

micmel, our "Princess" is also a MaltiPoo. We have had her a year now and she is still as adorable as ever but a lot calmer now. I tried to take a picture just now, but she wants to go downstairs with our DD and won't stay still. It is raining so her paws are wet. They look identical!

• micmel

they really do look a lot alike. I have a year to wait till calm huh. Oh boy! He’s a lot of fun but I am not what I used to be. Back gives me issues. Along with my mouth. Theo has brought me joy.

• shanagirl
    shanagirl Member Posts: 419

@illimae THEY ARE SO ADORABLE‼️, my pugs are so close and inseparable. They chew their soft bones together one on each end of the bone, they just do everything together. i love them so much.🥰🐾. I’m glad you kept your boys together👍

@mara51506 you never cease to amaze me. You always are planning ahead, and you are so good at so many things as you do. God bless you. You are a little soldier♥️

@emac877 Happy Birthday, and I like low key birthdays too. I love carrot cake too. I hop your scans go well. In your pocket.

@sunshine99 Pocket duty for your scans. I’m glad you enjoyed your weekend. Praying for you to get some answers with your. Swallowing issues.

@keris113 My heart and thoughts are with you and I will be in your pocket as you go thru the many emotions and feelings with this Breast Cancer Beast. I can only suggest that you keep your mind and thoughts in the present and enjoy the good things that come your way, like your neice’s birthday. Don’t go to the past, and don’t worry about the future. Those negative feelings bring your vibrations down and vulnerable to negative energies that feed off your depression and anxiety. Stay in your present and feel the simple joys. This raises your vibrations and keeps you in the comfort of angel entities.💗😇

• irishlove
    irishlove Member Posts: 563

Hi everyone. Wishing all of you a peaceful, painfree evening. In pocket for scans and tests..

My spinal tap is Sept. 6th. I want to know what hell is being wracked on my brain and body. I feel like I'm just getting by one day at a time. It gets scary sitting in this chair and I feel so damn lousy. I count the hours till bedtime when I take meds to help with pain and to sleep. It's the only peace I have.

Storms a'comin. I usually take the lead in prep, but not capable this time around. Hope the DD and SIL help DH get this place ready tomorrow. Everyone please stay safe. We are not evacuating as it appears to be headed just a bit west and north of us as of last update.

• micmel

Irish~ I’m so with you on the sleeping. It is my peaceful place where I can be who I used to be. I’m with you. You’re not alone in these feelings. Not at all. Sending hugs. Be safe in the storm

• mocogram
    mocogram Member Posts: 94

Hi all, I don't post much, but read your posts almost daily. Irish & Mel, I was just thinking yesterday about how much I love sleeping. Lately, it's about the only time where I'm not thinking about the hell that is MBC. My last scan showed growing lesions on my spine and two axillary nodes. Tomorrow, I start Taxotere and Phesgo. Had my port put in last week. I'm terrified of the side effects and whether I'm going to be able to deal with them. But, the biggest fear is whether this new regimen is going to work.

My dear husband of 54 years died in January and I'm lost without him. He kept me upbeat and positive. I'd appreciate good thoughts for tomorrow. Thanks, Jan

• cookie54
    cookie54 Member Posts: 806

mocogram Hi nice to see you here. So sorry for the loss of your DH, I can't even begin to imagine the grief you must feel,hugs. I am sending you positive vibes today that Taxotere and Psego are going to kick butt and stop your progression. In your pocket today as you begin your plan.

Irish My heart breaks for you and all you continue to go through. I just keep praying. Be safe ,hoping the storm isn't to bad.

seeq Hope you cool down soon. Glad your DH is coming along with his recovery.

gailmary It stinks not to have the energy like you used to. It's ok to take breaks , we all do it. Do what you enjoy doing whether it's your walk in the woods or staying home. Everyone here has different plans and activities but most importantly we are trying to make the best of this crappy situation. There are many days where I just try to enjoy the simple things in life. Like walks or sitting in the quiet of the morning with a fresh cup of coffee. i try to do whatever brings me peace and joy.

Morning to all here, wishing you a peaceful day.

• micmel
    edited August 2023

mocogram~ I’m sending you good thoughts and hugs to help let you know you’re not alone. I notice when I sleep it goes so fast. I wake up waiting to go back to sleep. It’s my place to dream of things I used to do and the woman I once was. I’ll be keeping you in my heart and thoughts. I am so very sorry for your loss. So sorry.

• intolight

Mocogram, so sorry for the loss of your DH. You must be under tons of weight for all you are going through right now. Praying the Taxotere and Psego do the work and you have mild to none reaction to it. Holding you close for your fears.

Irish, hoping the storm does indeed pass you by and you and yours remain safe. Praying for peace in the midst of the storm and the upcoming tests.

• tanya_djamila
    tanya_djamila Member Posts: 1,528

Good morning ladies

Monogram Jan I’m here for pocket duty for your new upcoming tx. I’m so sorry you lost your husband of 54 years. Sending hugs and encouragement.

Tanya

• keris113
    keris113 Member Posts: 45

Mocogram- I am so sorry for your loss. That sounds like so much to deal with all at once.

Irish- thinking of you during this storm and for your upcoming tests.

Thank you to all who wrote kind words in response to my posts, @seeq, @tanya_djamila, @shanagirl, @cookie54. I apologize if they are a bit much, this is all very new still and a lot to navigate. I agree with some of you who mentioned sleep is a welcome time as I don't need to think of MBC and can be who I was before even for a moment. Then I wake up and its all back.

Had an ok appointment with the MO yesterday, she felt that my stomach pains may be an ulcer from stress. So am seeing a GI to have that ruled out and put on more medication for now. Bloodwork looked good so far, which is good, just waiting on tumor markers to come back and hopefully they are low. Scans will be at the beginning of October now. In the meantime am working and seeing palliative care and social work to help with the mental health side of things, which appears to be more than half the battle right now.

Sorry to anyone that I missed, it is hard to navigate through all these posts sometimes. I hope everyone is doing well and has a good day.

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723

Wow, irish, I thought I was the only one who couldn’t wait until it was time to go to sleep and counting the hours. Stay safe with the storms. I hope you stay out of the path.

Mocogram, in your pocket for your new treatment that starts tomorrow. I’m so sorry you lost your dear husband of 54 years. I can’t imagine going through this without mine.

I had my scans yesterday. CT showed new stuff in my lungs. “Again demonstrated are faint groundglass opacities in the right lung apex. There is a new cluster of tree-in-bud nodules in the right middle lobe. These findings are likely postinfectious.” Also showed stuff in my esophagus and now in the proximal duodenum.

I scheduled my next endoscopy for November 17. Hopefully I can get in sooner. My esophageal motility study is on September 11. I’m still losing weight and I want to know what the hell is going on. Bone scan didn’t show anything new or alarming.

My next appointment with my MO is on September 6. Her office messaged me that they don’t expect to change anything in my treatment plan, but I need to ask about the Ibrance since I’ve only taken it once since July 8. Since the last two attempts landed me in Urgent Care, I’m a bit gun shy about trying it again.

Waving hi to mel, cookie, seeq, gailmary, intolight, mara, and anyone I don’t see in the living room.