Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer

Comments

• sf-cakes
    sf-cakes Member Posts: 600

Mara, glad you're okay, and I second what Sunshine said about ladders - they can be dangerous!

Thinking of you today emac. Hope everything goes smoothly.

I'm headed to the (ugh) DMV to renew my driver's license. Covid cases on the rise around here, so guess my new DL photo will be me with mask marks on my face, lol.

• mocogram
    mocogram Member Posts: 94

Mel, thank you, so are you.

Emac, I hope SRT and chemo went well today and that you get a well-deserved rest tonight. Thank goodness your brother can help out with your Mom and Dad. I hope your Mom improves quickly and can come home soon.

Keris, I agree with you about being more relaxed in the late afternoon/evening. I love it when it's after 5:00 knowing I probably will not get any more phone calls from doctor's offices, people selling unwanted services. Lately, I've found myself getting very abrupt, maybe even a little rude 😁with repeat callers after I've repeatedly told them they are wasting time for both of us. I usually just hang up after I hear the little "blip". Hope everyone has a relaxing evening and a good rest.

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,026

Mara~so glad you are ok. I’m afraid of heights. I don’t climb. No matter what.

Hugs and love to all!

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,390
    edited September 2023

Emac, hope everything went well for you.

I find the evening relaxing too. Like having youtube playing music and playing my mobile games, both for grocery money but also one of them Puzzles and Empires because it is fun for me.

It was very cute last night. My brother felt he could not get to the back door to pick me up. He parked at the highschool near my place and sent my nephew over to take my arm. I kept my eye on the ground but the ground really was not bad. I would like to check mail as it has been two weeks. Unsure what else I want to do. This will be after breakfast, get used to the bus. Got some laundry soaking as one piece of closing is a bit dingy white. Put the rest of the laundry in, leave for a few hours, give a rinse and see how it comes out.

Decided to have 1/4th cup beans, sprinkle of cheese and wheatbran, chopped up into ground beef consistency. Used 1/4 cup white rice. Into fry pan, added the rice and bean mixture, heated pan up to high and added couple of eggs, stirred together. Once plated added salt and a fry seasoning this time. Put small amount of mayo. It was a good taste to me and quick to prepare. Will have more beans in a later meal, probably an english muffin as well, may make a pizza as I am trying to use up refried beans.

Any pockets that are needed, I am there for you and hoping everyone has a good day.

• bellelove70
    bellelove70 Member Posts: 38

(LivingIVlife)

Waving hello to all!

Irishlove and Tanya- glad you missed the hurricanes fury

Emac- hope they zapped those mets and you can now rest with little SEs after yesterday's treatment. In your pocket!

Not much going on here. Had lunch yesterday with a friend that had moved to the province beside us but still has a camper trailer on the island. The covid variant has also increased here shutting down the small rural hospitals emergency centers. Bring out the masks again! Was walking Belle on a trail when suddenly this cat jumped out of nowhere. Belle decided to run after it so instead of dragging me with her I had to let go of the leash. Let's say Belle was down this steep hill with all bush and I was a nervous mess. After 15 minutes Belle finally found her way back up. I just wanted to cry. This is after we got home.

Thinking of all you wonderful ladies. Stay safe this holiday weekend. In your pockets for

• micmel

Thank god you got her back and you’re ok. She seems a little taken back by the afternoon walk. So precious. Give her a hug for me please.

• shanagirl
    shanagirl Member Posts: 419

@mocogram I’ve been off the forum a couple of days not even lurking. I get like that sometimes after my Fasoldex & Exgeva injections once a month. Isolating I guess. I just came on to see how everyone is doing and noticed your comments regarding the loss of your dear husband after 54 years. I am so sorry you are going thru this grief.I relate so much to you in this respect as I am married 51 years this month tho we’ve been together for 54 years. I cannot even imagine my life without him. I always told him I wanted to go before he does..Please accept my deepest sympathies.

• shanagirl

Oh My goodness! I just got done reading everyone’s comments.

@emac877 You are dealing with so much with your cancer and the worries for your mom & dad. I will be talking with God in breathe prayers for you, your brother and parents. Hopefully the spots on your lung are just allergy or inflammation. That always shows up on my scans and now they’re gone. I’m in your pocket emac💗🩵

@bellelove70 the picture on the wall looks great and I’m loving your doggie couch potatoe🐾🥰

@mara51506 Yep, gotta love your constant recipe creations…love ya girl, Please Please be careful in the kitchen 💕

Sweet @irishlove I am glad to hear your husband’s scan was good.😊

Waving hi ti everyone of you sweet Ladies of the Living Room…Love you all, have a peaceful, symptom free evening💙

• mkestrel
    mkestrel Member Posts: 180

I hope everyone enjoys their weekend. I'm glad you enjoy the pictures. It's relaxing to focus on nothing else except "shooting" a bird, waiting for the bird to suddenly show up in just the right light. Here's a cake I made this week, trying to learn gum paste flowers. It had strawberry filling and chocolate dipped strawberries on the side. It took me a few days because I think it's the Faslodex that wipes me out and gives me a migraine. Also with the mid back fusion I can't lean over my projects long. Anyway it was fun to eat last night with family. My little niece kept the big flower and said it was too pretty to eat. I have scans soon and like everyone else it gives me the standing on a landmine feeling, or I call him the Panic Parrot on my shoulder squawking about recurrence and now progression. Anyway a hugs to all.

• micmel

Cake looks delicious we will be in your pockets for scans!! I’m glad you had some family time. Nothing like that for the soul. I have the same issues with bending over. It sure is sucky. Hope you all have a good holiday weekend. I can’t believe it’s September already!

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,319

mkestrel, the cake is lovely. The roses look so real. You have great talent! Praying to quiet the panic parrot down for your scans!

• micmel

Intolight~how much does your princess weigh? We are trying to figure out how much Theo will weigh! He’s only 3.8 lbs now.

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723

mk, that cake is beautiful. At first glance, I thought the roses were "fake," then I thought they were real. When I read your post, I saw that you had made them. Wow! I agree with your niece. Too pretty to eat!

I hope everyone has a good weekend. Kids came down from Bishop. My dad called last night to say that his refrigerator was leaking. DH drove over last night (2.5 hours) to see what the problem is. Hopefully the house isn't flooded, but I haven't heard yet. He got there last night around 11:30. Fingers crossed.

• mara51506

Bellelove living, I am glad you and your dog made it home safe, I would be stuck too if my pet ran down a hill. At least you both made it home.

I have a horrible mess I am cleaning up in the washer. My fault I guess. I dropped the olive oil and it spread all over the floor. Got a towel, mopped up some of it, cleaned rest with baking soda and dishsoap. That was fine until I washed the towel. Somehow I thought the oil would magically disappear. Nope. I took the towel out and cleaned the washer with baking soda and dishsoap, just a bit, no overflows and am rinsing with hot water, unsure how many cycles of this I will do, guess until the sides feel non greasy, it has improved but wow a lot of work.

Paid bills and used some of my survey money for Mcdonalds breakfast, figure I deserve it for all this work. I don't feel bad since I am not using my own money, just the money I earn with surveys, games and whatever else. If I want it, I try to earn it.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,920

DH and I were backpacking when out dog darted down the hill after something. It was almost dark and she didn't come when called so we spent the night trying to decide how we could pack her out if she was hurt. The next day we still couldn't find her so we hiked back to the car at the trailhead. There she was right next to our car. A very kind hiker and left bowls with water and kibble. We were really happy to be reunited.

• micmel

Wrenn~ nothing upsets you like a missing pet.thank goodness no one was hurt. And how smart is that dog to know your car. ?

• sondraf
    sondraf Member Posts: 1,665

Thats a gorgeous cake, I can almost taste it through the screen!

Nothing much new here, I managed 15 minutes of a walking 'workout' and was wiped out most of the afternoon. Its a start at least, so long as I modify for what the hip can do and stop when its uncomfortable its ok. I dont think I realized how deconditioned I had become!

Hello to all - hope everyone is having a really nice three day weekend with good weather for grilling :)

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,319

Micmel, our Princess weighs 9 pounds now. She weighed seven for the longest time and has just now started gaining weight. We want to keep her at this weight so we are being more careful with her treats. She is one year and four months old. We were told she would weigh 10 pounds when fully grown.

wren, great dog story! I know you were relieved to get her back.

• irishlove
    irishlove Member Posts: 563
    edited September 2023

Waving hi to all and may you enjoy your Labor Day weekend.

In pockets for scans and for support for all in need.

Thursday evening I feel asleep in the chair and woke with my head and neck throbbing. It felt like I snapped my neck and an instant migraine hit. The best I know how to describe the pain was a knife in my neck, in my throat and in my chest. So off to the hospital and ct scans were negative. Dr. said it was severe spasms and gave me IV valium. I have a confession to make. I had fallen over my walker about 2 months ago and suffered whiplash. It's been tender but not unbearable. I decided to do exercises Thursday and I think I may have pushed it too hard. Plus napping wonky. I still have intercranial pressure, hearing loss and head and hand tremors. Spinal tap is Wednesday Sept. 6th. Nausea today is pretty intense. I have a theory if spinal tap is negative. Well, maybe three theories or concerns.

One is fluvescent. Since it depletes estrogen, I wonder if I am reacting to an over depletion in the brain? I did a search here on breastcancer.org forum and a poster from a number of years ago had the same symptoms and her MO stopped her hormonal therapy immediately. I could not find a post stating what meds she then went on. Second theory gabapentin. I upped my dose to 600 mg daily, once at lunchtime and once at bedtime. l had read some side effects (although I initially thought nah, only likely in high dosage scenerios), now I wonder. So I decided to begin weaning off gabapentin, dropping 300 mg per day for 4 days and then the last 300 mg every other day for 4 days. I may need to space it out to 7 days per pharmacist. Not easy to do as the burning pain has increased. Third concern is Ibrance. I've done so well with knocking back the cancer, but I do know it crosses the blood brain barrier. The MO actually asked me if I want to change to Kisquali and I said no because insurance will not pay for it. Do you ever feel like you may be on meds that are interacting with each other or causing serious side effects? Definetly suffering from major mental health issues, but Zoloft is helping a bit.

• shanagirl

Hi everyone. I saw all these beautiful pictures and felt inspired to post a video of our aquarium of African cichlids. I love them and love watching them. They all have their own individual personalities and are very friendly.💗🥰I tried to post them in video but wasn’t able to.😕. It was a 27 second video but it kep sayin the file was too big. This tank is 180 gallons. DH loves working on it an maintaining it. We’ve always had fish sine we were dating.😊♥️

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,691

Shanagirl, I could sit and watch those fish for hours.

I’m considering a tattoo on my hand, intended to look like henna but permanent. I’ve put on some henna design stick-ons to live with it before I make the final decision, so far, I’m loving it.

And Jimmy Buffet died today, so I have margaritas in my beach bar.

Thinking of you all.

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,166

Hi all. I am still here. I read every day. I apologize for not commenting to each person.

I am just plugging along. Scans are not for another 7 weeks. I still have bouts of nausea and lack of appetite. I also noticed in the last month I have had more hair shedding. Hum… I thought about calling my MO, but then I did not. I am going to wait on my appt and scans. If stable, then I may ask for a dose reduction of Lynparza. I guess that is what is causing the increased GI symptoms and hair loss, I don't know.

Do any of you that used Ibrance have neuropathy of the feet? I was on Ibrance for 4 years. I slowly noticed neuropathy symptoms in my feet. First it was just the toes, now it is both feet. Feels like they are on fire. I looked up Ibrance, and it says that it can cause peripheral neuropathy. Not a main SE, but it was in the list of SE's. Just wondered. Another thing to deal with. Sigh.

Anyway, I just thought I better chime in, so you know I am still here lurking.

• weninwi
    weninwi Member Posts: 777
    edited September 2023

candy-678,

I developed very mild foot neuropathy prior to cancer diagnosis. Then worsening of neuropathy symptoms while on Verzenio and Ibrance. While on Xeloda (capecitabine) it got even worse, but now off Xeloda the symptoms have stabilized back to the Verzenio/Ibrance level. I had "on fire" sensations only while on Xeloda. Now just numbness especially in bare feet, less when wearing shoes.

Question: I don't understand what you wrote in your signature: "DX decline, State IV, Grade DECLINE." Did your tumor go from Grade 3 to Grade 2….or stay Grade 3?

• micmel

Candy~ I’ve been on ibrance for 7.5 years now and I do have issues with my feet. Not fire , but numbness in my feet and fingers. But also some of that was from the red devil chemo and Abraxane chemo I had at diagnosis. But yes my feet have been effected. Good to see you. Your ears must have been ringing!

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,166

wreninwi- I think putting in our Profile info is confusing. I was Grade 3 at diagnosis of what we thought was Stage 2 (June 2017). I think I stayed Grade 3 when they found it was Stage 4 in Sept of that same year—found liver mets and bone mets on a CT. I would need to look on my past medical records to verify it stayed Grade 3. I don't know why it says DECLINED, unless that was my fault when I filled out the Profile info. I will try to change it.

My "neuropathy" feels like my feet are on fire. From the toes to mid foot, both feet equally. Sometimes I have pins and needles. Sometimes when rubbing my feet on the bed linens it feels weird. It is not all the time, but comes and goes, mainly in the evenings and at night. I have not had any testing to really diagnosis "neuropathy", but my PCP says that is what it is.

• irishlove
    irishlove Member Posts: 563
    edited September 2023

Good morning all. Has anyone heard from @dodgersgirl? Praying for her everyday.

I read the comments on neuropathy and gotta say SE from treatment really do take a toll. I'm sorry that we just don't have better and gentler treatments. I do know gabapentin helps with nerve ending pain but even that has SE.

@brutersmom I hope you rec'd clarification on your reports. It's like you would need a medical degree to understand most of it. And I hope it's good news.

There is a new post called Bone Pain started by Drained. Another poster @msdebbielee caught my attention, as she's a first timer and really, really needs support. I sent a note to mods to point her in the right direction as she will probably not get much in the way of responses on a limited thread.

Waving hi to all and hope you have a peaceful, painfree day.

• brutersmom
    brutersmom Member Posts: 947

Irishlove. Thanks for the response. The left lung issue puzzles me. Got no response f r om my request. See Dr Wednesday hopefully get things clarified.

• mara51506

Candy, I do find increased neuropathy for about three or four days post Hercepton. Nothing too major but some prickling and numbness. Only time I find a problem with hand numbness if playing my mobile games for cash too long without a break. Hate when it happens though.

I forgot to book my paratransit yesterday for my Wednesday MO and Herceptin but should be fine with the bus. The biggest difference I have noticed with legs is the bridge pose I do upon waking up. Better than squats. Have to work on the rest later, nowhere to go today. Laundry on the go. Breakfast as well.

Breakfast is 1/4 cup beans, little cheese and wheat bran. Chop up into ground beef consistency and two eggs made in the poacher. Will microwave the bean mixture after done the eggs. Not sure what seasonings I want to put on yet. We will see.

• emac877
    emac877 Member Posts: 688

Hello all and thank you for the prayers and pocket duty. Mom is home from the hospital. She's doing better although has already fallen again. My brother and I are tag teaming checking on both of them. This last week Taxol really kicked my butt and my potassium had dropped so Saturday and Sunday I got IV hydration with added potassium and that helped. SRS went really well. It was only one session and the technology is a little bit mind blowing (in some ways literally). I had no side effects except for fatigue. I'm going to have a follow up MRI I think in a few months to make sure we got them all.

@irishlove I completely understand what you are saying about meds to counter side effects from meds. I am now on Piqray and as a result my blood sugars have spiked so I'm on Jardiance and Metformin to control the sugars. Now I'm having to check my morning sugars to make sure I'm not getting to high. I swear my med drawer is full of bottles for GI issues, nausea, sleep, pain and my cancer meds. It all gets to be a little nuts, doesn't it?

I asked if I could get a picture of the machine since I found this so fascinating. I had been expecting the mask to cover my whole face but was pleasantly surprised my eyes and nose were not covered.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,464

@emac877 We're sorry that you had to go through stereotactic radiosurgery (SRS) but we do appreciate you sharing the photo of the machine, so others can understand.

Sending all of you amazing women hugs and strength for the new week,