Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer

Comments

• irishlove
    irishlove Member Posts: 562

Waving hello to all and in pocket duty for anyone with needs. @mara51506 Hoping all turns out and your SIL is of good support for you. @sunshine99 You are remarkable tending to hold up with good spirits. We are here to talk you thru this. Getting these issues identified is a good start. I bet you have a good team and they will be on top of this. @micmel That bad Theo. Geez you are giving up your body. I hope nothing is badly injured and you heal quickly.

Saw temp MO today. I asked for help convincing Humana Medicare Advantage to pay for Xgeva and stop Flurvescent. My veins are so bad and we can no longer use the left arm for anything (lymphadema is back). Next he went over MRI of the base of spine. We know there are spiney mets there but also noticed degenerative spinal problems. He shot me down about surgery before giving me chance to speak. I told him I'm in pain all the time and interested in cortisone shots. That seemed ok with him. I was to worried I would have to stop Ibrance due to colitis but he said no that it is a targeted therapy and not an immunotherapy, so he does not believe Ibrance is responsible. Still not healed, but better each day. Happy to stay on Ibrance. You all have a good and pain free evening as possible and thank you for sharing and caring.

Laurel

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,166

Oh, Mel, my heart went to my throat when I read Theo got loose. I am sorry to read you hurt yourself trying to catch him. My cat, my best friend, is an indoor-only cat. I fear he will dart for the door sometime and I will lose him. Once, several years ago, he did dart out the door, and I caught him by his tail !!! He was not too happy, but I kept ahold of the tail. I am not that quick now.

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,025

Thank you Candy. And everyone who commented about my wrestle with Theo. I’m still hurting. So I knocked my back out pretty good. Hugs to all.

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723

mel, your Theo story reminded me of the time my DA (Dear Airedale), also named Theo pulled me off my feet. I was on my front porch which was wet from rain or fog. Anyway, he saw a cat, tried to take off, and pulled me right down on my bum. This was before my bone mets, and at least our porch is made of wood. Silly boy! I miss the rascal.

• irishlove

HI everyone. I have to share a funny story with you. I was laying in the hospital bed, after having spoke with my son on my cell phone. I swear I kept hearing "Hi Mom", about every 10 seconds. Well, I was kinda out of it, so I kept checking my phone and even called him back. The sound continued. It turned out to be the pole that holds IV bags and it was the dispenser making the sound. Also, the bed kept flashing red lights onto the walls. 3 nurses could not figure out how to make it stop. I took extra sheets and wrapped them around the offending area. Ok, so do you think the place is haunted or not?? lol

Hope you are having a pain-free night (as possible) and a better tomorrow.

Laurel

• sunshine99

irish, that's funny! Strange, but still funny!

• irishlove

Just read the Clinical Trial thread and it was posted that Believe60 passed away. I had followed her (severe response post) to a trial drug she was on. I'm so sorry for the loss and prayers to her family. Trial patients are courageous heroes.

• tanya_djamila
    tanya_djamila Member Posts: 1,528

@sunshine99 so sorry to read about the progression. it sounds like your team is on top of things and moving swiftly. I’m happy you have the family time to saturate yourself in their love before starting the different treatment. Hoping it all works like magic with few se’s.

Mel wow Theo is a real rascal. At least his small so when he’s on leash he won’t be able to pull you. He’s such a cute puppy doesn’t even know he’s in danger or that he’s stressing you out.

Mara pocket duty for upcoming scans.

take care all

Tanya

• tanya_djamila
    tanya_djamila Member Posts: 1,528

Sorry to read about believe 60. We were just talking about trials Monday in group and how you never know with the trial. How brave you have to be for that option. RIP.

Tanya

• micmel
    edited November 2023

I’m so sorry to hear about believe 60. Losing someone is never easy here. Hugs to all of you lovelies

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,390

irishlove, that is a funny story, haunted, who really knows but the fact it was the despenser was interesting.

RIP Believe60, sending my condolences to friends, family and people here who knew her as well.

Sunshine, I am so sorry it turned out to be more mets, in your pocket for something else to beat them away for you and get you back to eating again.

So my brain is stable so nothing happening except normal MRI. I admit I felt nervous that morning but everything was better with SIL. We went out after to Costco, Harvey's and shopping for me with lots of bagged salad and toppings. I am relieved about it as well. I also got 10000 steps throughout all the walking around so that worked as well, but trip good as well.

Pretty tired today from all the activity but not sure what I want to do. Raining outside and though there is pavement but I will see depending on how bored I feel.

Probably going to chop up some beans and bran with an egg, little cheese. Put into pan with cooked pasta, add garlic. I am craving some salad so if I do that will go with smaller amounts of everything so I do not overfill

• shanagirl
    shanagirl Member Posts: 419
    edited November 2023

Hi everyone, I’ve been having issues with getting on to the forums on BCO and I’m working with community Technical. I haven’t been able to get on to this discussion board for 2 days. I think I’m going thru “withdrawal”😊. I want to post my Email ……… so if you want to email me I can at least let you know when and if this happens again. I just now got back on and don’t know if this will last. So Thankyou Technical and Moderators👍 I really do appreciate all the help with your email instructions.💗

Edited by Mods to remove email address. For your privacy and security, we do not suggest ever sharing personal contact information publicly on the forums. If any member has concerns about a member they haven't seen in a while, please send us a PM and we will reach out to that member for you. Thank you!

• sunshine99

Good morning, all. My doc has ordered a PET scan. This will be my first. I've had CT, bone and MRIs but not a PET. Will see the RO this afternoon, then HOPEFULLY will get the MRI of my brain on Sunday. Will post more later,

Carol

• shanagirl

@sunshine99 I’m glad to hear about your upcoming PET scan. In your pocket. I also am having scans in 2 weeks Bone, CT/PET. I saw a substitute oncologist this past Wednesday filling i for my Onc. She ordered the scans which. I am due for, and will see my Oncologist the following week. I had my Xgeva Faslodex injections also this week. Feel yucky but now I’m eager to get those scans over with on Dec 7. My Labs were perfect as usual, so not too anxious about what they’ll find .

Waving 👋 Hi to everyone. It’s been since Tuesday since last checked in. I’m so sorry to hear that @husband11 wife passed away and also @believe60 . My condolences to the families. I hate this disease 🙁

• emac877
    emac877 Member Posts: 688

sunshine99- I read your post on a couple of threads and I am so sorry to hear of your progression. Praying for you that they come up with a good treatment plan and that a feeding tube can be avoided.

Irish - I am glad you are making progress. I hope that you continue to recover quickly and that you are able to fly and see family. I miss my family in Arizona all the time.

To the living room at large I am thinking of you and wishing for good days ahead for all of us. I'm doing okay. All of my docs seem pleased that the progressions have stopped for the moment. I did my mapping scan of my brain and should be scheduled in the next few weeks for another SRS treatment. Liver, lungs, and bones seem stable and labs looked good. I was ordered some physical therapy which I think will be beneficial so I just feel really fortunate right now. I love the holiday season and a considering putting up my tree just because it makes me happy. We'll see.

• chicagoan
    chicagoan Member Posts: 1,026

Dear Emac-I hope you put up your tree. Once nice thing about having a terminal illness is that we don't have to feel guilty/torn about doing things that make us happy. I think the moments of happiness that we can glean in these circumstances are as healing as any of the drugs we take. Glad to hear that things look stable.

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,690

Yesterday was my 7 year cancerversary, so I celebrated today, as I had errands to run. Turned out to be a lovely day, the weather was great, I got my haircut (mostly just cleaning up the shaggy back), enjoyed a solo lunch at a bakery (my sandwich was chicken, Brie and alfalfa sprouts on sourdough) and left with cookies and a beautiful sourdough baguette. Next was a trip to the liquor store for pina colada necessities and finally the dentist for a full exam, no cavities and no charge for the visit, yay!

• micmel
    edited November 2023

Glad you enjoyed your day Mae.

in pockets for all who may need it. Love to all.

• cookie54
    cookie54 Member Posts: 806

Mara Happy to hear your scan showed stable and that your sil was supportive. Always welcome positive news!

emac I agree if putting up the tree brings joy then do it! Glad to hear your doing ok.

Mae Congrats on 7 years! Sounds like you treated yourself to some goodies which is well deserved!!

Shanagirl Ugh computer/tech problems are the worst. Hope it's all straightened out for ya.

Sad to hear of the passing of believe60 and husband11 wife. He was just saying last week that she was having a burst of energy..ugh this disease…so sad. Sincere condolences to all their loved ones.

Mel Hope your back is improving each day.

Irish That is a funny creepy experience..weird.

Waving hi to all here.

• shanagirl
    edited November 2023

@sunshine99 I am so overwhelmed by this discussion forum and all the loving concern and words in support of you regarding your progression.I missed a few days here and didn’t realize until I read thru everything and heard what you were going thru. Everyone here is struggling with this disease and each day with the issues we share with pain, SE’s, financial, emotional ,medical, …so many struggles with Stage IV breast cancer. Each one of us understands what each one of us deal with and being able to share these struggles, our anxieties about these issues. It is amazing to me that this particular discussion board is so very compassionate amongst all in the living room here. I love you all and am grateful to have this place to come, read, check in, support, laugh and cry. I pray every day for you wonderful women who come here to share in this living room. I pray that each one here has strength, and peaceful comfort, in each day in spite of this disease.. I’m grateful to be able to talk and listen in ways that our friends and family don’t. I could never get into the feelings and issues we face here with friends like or family. They really don’t know how to talk with me about what we go thru….even the fear. They always ask “how do you feel”, and I dutifully reply, Oh fine,..I’m good”, and that is the extent of sharing..I know it’s uncomfortable for them, but I’m uncomfortable being asked that question be everyone.

@micmel Ooohhh that little Bratsy Theo‼️Little puppy juvenile delinquent wanting to play and run away from you to get you to chase him. I can just picture him play escaping from you🥰😊. I think @goldensrbest had good advice putting a screw stake in the ground and hooking a long line on it. That way he can “run away play” in that part of the yard he wants to run to. Once he’s attached to that long line you can teach him to “come” to you by enticing him with his favorite treat Or squeaky toy. We used to have a little puppy who did that and we use to entice him to “come” by shaking a box of Cheezits and say “CHEEEEEEZ its” in a real loud hi pitched voice. 😂. Once he heard that box he’d turn right around and run back to me while I said “come” shaking the box. The funny thing is that no matter how annoyed or exasperated I was by him running away an not coming back when I tried getting him, I always had to reward him with a couple of Cheezits, so he would always know he’d get Cheezits if he came up to me obediently.🙄😉

@illimae I’m glad you enjoyed your 7 yr cancerversary day.

Waving 👋 hi to all here that have commented.   @mara51506  @chicagoan @sondraf  @intolight @cookie54 

@candy-678 @threetree @bellelove70 @goldensrbest @seeq @weninwi @sf-cakes @irishlove @eleanora

Good night and have restful sleep💙

• sf-cakes
    sf-cakes Member Posts: 599
    edited November 2023

Mara, so good to hear your news, and that it was good having your SIL there, and that you went shopping AND got 10k steps in! That's my favorite way to get steps, shopping.

Sunshine, in your pocket for your PET and MRI. Just going to live in there for a while, okay? I've got some gooey chocolate chip cookies that I'll be munching on, but they're so soft you won't hear me.

Mae, it's wonderful to hear that you reached seven years since your diagnosis. Imagining you in your beach bar, with those adorable pups! Oh, and your husband, lol.

Mel, hoping your back is feeling better, glad you rescued Theo, but ouch. I did some very minor yard work a couple weeks ago and my back the next day reminded me that, yes, I still have cancer, thank you very much. It's so frustrating.

Emac, so very glad for your recent scan results! I loved what you wrote, I've been thinking of getting a tree this year, even though it's just me, because I think it will make me feel happy. Why not?

Shanagirl, tech problems make me want to scream! I agree with you about the dreaded "how are you" question. I generally say "okay" and even that sometimes is apparently not enough for others, I've had someone say, "only okay?" back to me. And then I gave them the Death Stare.

So very sorry to hear of two more beautiful souls passing. It continues to remind me of how precious this life is, and I do try to be grateful. Sometimes it's really hard, though, as I know you all know. Love to everyone ❤️ ❤️❤️

• chicagoan
    chicagoan Member Posts: 1,026

Mae-Glad I'm not the only one who celebrates their cancerversary. Congrats on 7 years and hoping for many more good years for you!

• irishlove

Good morning Mel's lounge. Forgive me for making this brief, haven't been to sleep yet. In pocket's and loving stable findings and praying for the two lovely ladies we lost. Sunshine, pet scans aren't difficult, just remember not to eat certain foods day before and no exercise.

DH in bed three days complaining of pain in abdomen, next to where he had hernia operation 3 weeks ago. DD took him to the hospital today and CT scan shows large abscess in his abdomen. Plus he has a horrible cough, so worried about pneumonia, too. The hospital is trying to find a surgeon for morning to see if a drain would work, or??? Advent Hospital celebrates their Christian day of service on a Saturday and so surgery is usually postponed unless emergency. Nurse told me that this last time I was in the hospital. DH is on morphine for pain and zofran for nausea. I'll know more in the morning. Today was first day in two weeks of a settled stomach and no diarrhea for me. Humana sent very tasty meals that only need 4 minutes in microwave and boy has that helped out around here. Sending hugs and may you have as pain-free day as possible.

• micmel

Glad to hear stable Mara !!!! Hell yeah!

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,166

Mara- I missed your post about being stable. I think you buried the news in your post. So that was the CT or MRI of the brain concerning the brain bleed?? So, what are the specifics?? Was it an old bleed? Anything to do from now on/ follow ups, or all ok to move on?

• goldensrbest
    goldensrbest Member Posts: 711

So happy when we have good news like Mara’s. Glad you got some shopping in!

Same for Mae celebrating 7 yrs. Sandwich sounded yummy. Each day is a gift!

Oh Irish, I pray your husband can get his surgery quickly so he can begin his road to recovery. If it’s not one thing for you, it’s another. I’m sure you’re filled with worry.

Emac - put up that tree and enjoy it. And then leave it up as long as you want!

Sunshine - pocket duty for you!

Shana - hope you have no more glitches and can stay connected with us!

Settling in for a weekend of football, UofM (and for anyone who follows sports, the whole sign stealing thing has been so bizarre) and the Lions. If you’re a fan, hope your team wins, unless they’re playing mine😉😉😉😉

• goldensrbest
    goldensrbest Member Posts: 711

Wanted to share my recent projects. I’m now working on making Christmas cards.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,920

Those are really lovely. I love the texture - that they're not just flat.

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,319

goldens, those are lovely! You are talented.

Mae, congratulations on seven years. This is an accomplishment of endurance!

Mara, so thankful for the good news. You deserve it!

• micmel

Goldens ~ so beautiful! Well done. I love your work and yes you’re very talented. Thanks for sharing!