Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer

Options

Comments

• threetree
    threetree Member Posts: 1,316
    Options

Emac - Sending the best vibes one can muster your way. Hugs too. Sorry to read about your progression. I'm assuming and hoping that they will have a good new plan for you, as all was not bad, since some of the mets shrunk. Those mixed results are always challenging, but sometimes just mean you need more time. Fingers crossed 🤞.

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,156
    Options

Emac, sending prayers for you as you face this next challenge.

Mara, good walk! That is good to hear.

Mel, let the love of others wash over you this week as you mourn the loss of your mom.

• elderberry
    elderberry Member Posts: 1,060
    Options

emac: I was not paying attention!! I am so sorry about your brain progression. Like others, I wish I could do more than send you virtual hugs. There are no words. Your presence in Mel's living room means a lot.

• eleanora
    eleanora Member Posts: 299
    Options

Dear Emac

I join the long list of living room members thinking of you and rooting for you. Positive thoughts and warm virtual hugs being sent your way.

• eleanora
    eleanora Member Posts: 299
    Options

Mel

Will be thinking of you even more than usual as you celebrate your Mom's life. What a lovely gift you are giving her. I'm sure she is smiling at you.

Eleanora

• seeq
    seeq Member Posts: 1,087
    Options

Emac - so sorry about your latest progression. Hopefully, the docs will have a great new plan for you. Consider me a permanent fixture in your pocket.

Mel - I feel your grief. What you are doing with your mom memorial is a wonderful thing, but it forces you to face your emotions every day. I hope the actual memorial will serve as a release for you - to release the pain and hold onto only the love.

• irishlove
    irishlove Member Posts: 485
    Options

Waving hello to all here at Mel's Place. Hope you were safe from the storms and no damage. We had to leave for radiation just as the storm was hitting. Traffic lights were out at a major intersection, other then that, no problem. I spotted a bald eagle on a pole with his/her right wing extended. I so wanted to stop, but the storm was howling and I was on the way to the hospital for appt. I called two people to try to track wildlife animal rescue. I couldn't wait to get off the table and see what we could do. Rushed back up the road and the eagle was still there! My two contacts said no one in this area and those nearby said they can't come out in the storm. I waited at the pole and noticed the eagle had pulled the wing in. Good sign. DH put his flashers on while I surveyed the situation. As I talked to the bird saying something along the lines of how are we gonna rescue you, he looked at me and flew off! LOL. Guess he was just stunned, no broken wing. We left smiling….

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 9,894
    edited April 4
    Options

Emac~ I’m keeping you close In thoughts and sending you good vibes that will help get you through until you have a game plan. We are in your pocket loving you all the same. I hope they have a plan to knock them back and get a hold of the this. Please yes keep us informed . Big hugs being sent your way.

Sfcakes ~ thank you. That means alot coming from you. Thank you for sharing. I’m doing my best. It comes in waves. This week is tender because of her memorial.

Mara~ I know you miss your mom also. I appreciate the advice from those of you who understand, it means the world to me to have you all. I keep thinking of you and that garbage can as where’s Waldo ….. where will the can be today? I hope it doesn’t get taken Why can't people just leave things be?

threetree~ thank you sweetheart. You’re always so supportive and kind I like you!!! Glad you’re here sending hugs your way. I appreciate the kind words.

Elderberry~ it has been a rough time for sure. I’m ready for some good things and happiness. Good scans started that. I’m hoping it’s a new trend. Good for all !!!! Hugs for you too.

I sound like Oprah “you get a hug , and you get a hug “. (Just like you get a car and you get a car” lol. I needed that giggle. Thanks ladies.

Love to all!

• sondraf
    sondraf Member Posts: 1,593
    Options

@sunshine99 the numb toe thing could be caused also by pressure on nerves on the underside of the foot, if there has been a change in gait, water retention, footwear change, worn footwear,increased use etc. I have now obtained a wicked case of either water retention or lymphadema in my feet/legs and some toes are certainly numb from tight footwear at this point.

I need to write more later as Ive got to go back to the hospital for the third day in a row for various waves hand whatever. Im so exhausted at this point, but if it means I can get a diuretic at the end of the day Im all for it. Also my injections were postponed from Tuesday so….

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,021
    Options

emac, we're sorry for the progression. We're thinking of you and sending lots of positive thoughts your way.

The Mods

• goldensrbest
    goldensrbest Member Posts: 658
    edited April 4
    Options

Mel - hope you can feel all the hugs coming your way from all of us. Your grief is a sign of much love…..what a special thing to have that kind of love. And the love will always be there to comfort you. Hugs.

emac - no words for the crappy hand that keeps being delt to you. Praying there will be treatments your medical team can offer. Hugs for you too.

Shana - saw my MO yesterday and actually asked her what NEAD vs stable means. With the NEAD, nothing can be seen on scans that shows cancer. If it had been there, it disappeared. Stable means the spots of cancer are still visible on scans but they have not changed nor has anything new cropped up. I’ll take either. And since I’ve been stable for close to 5 yrs, we are moving scans to every 4 months instead of 3. Except now my heart is acting up and I go into my cardiologists office to get hooked up with a cardiac monitor. I was having missed heartbeats when I would go to bed but now it’s happening multiple times a day. Makes you feel so weird. Not painful but so disconcerting. If it ain’t one thing, it’s another🙄🙄.

• cookie54
    cookie54 Member Posts: 687
    Options

Emac Many prayers, hugs and good vibes your way . I'm sorry it's been so rough for you lately and we are keeping the faith. Sending you super strength and support.❤️

Mel I hope you find comfort being around all the people that loved your mom plus the fond memories they will share. Hugs.

sondraf Hope your day at the hospital goes quickly and you will be resting tomorrow.

Irish Such a sweet story that was very caring of you to look out for the eagle. Glad it was a happy ending.

Three days of lots of towel drying for Buster with all the rain.Hoping his cute face makes you smile.

• iwrite
    iwrite Member Posts: 746
    Options

Emac,
    Thinking of you. This is hard news to get, even when some things were better. Sending hugs and hope your way along with some warm sunshine!

• threetree
    Options

Cookie - Saying good morning to Buster. He's so cute under the towels. A nice treat with my morning coffee!

• micmel
    Options

hello Iwrite~ welcome back. Good to see you.

love that doggie! More pics more pics !
    love to all

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,153
    Options

Mel, where's waldo should be a thing of the past. i got an updated city schedule and reinstalled the app and we put out garbage every two weeks. Prop manager updated me on that so should be easier to follow the city schedule and if city does not collect, will email city. Labelling lid with white paper taped to lid, going to use smaller can as can store and clean at home easily. Once put out on the right date, no further worries to be had. Most I would do is contact city about a lack of pickup, easy peasy.

Mel, hoping you are feeling a little better as this comes up, I agree with others that she would be smiling at you right now knowing you all loved her so much. In pocket for support.

Emac, I am in your pocket for whatever this brings.

I am going out with DB, must resist grocery shopping urge beyond a few dollars as my Walmart order took care of things, don't want duplicates, I might look into chocolate pudding to mix the CoolWhip to when having dessert, only had coolwhip twice so far. I am not going to make pancakes with coolwhip as I am giving the rest of the mix to DB family, they will have more use of that than me. If in future I decide on pancake, would be the frozen one. Club size of anything is wasted on me as a single person. Not worth the price unless talking shelf stable stuff.

Hoping everyone has a decent day, in pockets for those who need or want me and hope all have a good day.

• tanya_djamila
    tanya_djamila Member Posts: 1,501
    Options

Mel sending hugs. You always do an amazing job with your parties. I’m sorry it’s emotional but I know the attention to detail you have and artistic abilities. I’m praying that the beauty of your memorial will create such joy that everyone will smother you with warmth love and care.

Emac sorry to read about your new news. I hope that now that they know what it is they can treat it more effectively. Sendin hugs. Would be fluffing your pillows and bringing you tea if we were near. Take care.

Irishlove good job on your eagle 🦅 rescue. Scared him enough to make him go flying away.
    Mara enjoy your outing with DB.

Congratulations on stable shanagirl. Who cares what they call it!!!

I had debriding of injection infection wound today from faslodex shot back in January. Apparently when the scab was over it it was burrowing deeper. Didn’t realize it was infected. Had a few nurses look at it as I get monthly injections and a doctor. Finally referred to wound care. I’ll need a home health nurse to visit and repack daily.

Cookies54 love the puppy pick! Why is he soooo cute?

Take care all

Tanya

• irishlove
    irishlove Member Posts: 485
    Options

Good evening everyone. Forgive me for not tagging names. Just wanted to say a few things.

For cardiac, have your potassium checked. I was told I had cardiac problems from hospital stay in Nov. 2023. Well, they are gone and it's because I was so depleted of potassium. I have started magnesium also, trying to see if that aides with tremors.

Mel, dear sweet Mel. May you be surrounded by beautiful memories of your dear sweet Mama at her memorial. Family has a way of bringing those touching, funny and delightful memories that will sustain you as you grieve. I pray for sunshine after the rain for you and yours.

emac, your journey may have taken a difficult turn. But We are here to support you. Keep the faith in yourself to overcome this.

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,616
    Options

tanya, yikes! That sounds painful! I'm a little sore from yesterday's shots but it's not too bad. DH doesn't always hear me, but we were laughing about the cartoon with the two chocolate Easter bunnies. One has his tail bitten off, the other has his ears eaten. The first one says, "My butt hurts" and the second says, "What?" That's kind of how it is around our house right now.

mel, thinking of you and your upcoming memorial for your dear mom. My mom's memorial was beautiful and I learned things about her that I never knew—like how she was so kind and supportive of one of my cousins when he came out as gay. He held me and sobbed after her service. It was truly a celebration and made better because one of my sisters "couldn't make it." She's a narcissist and a nasty person. Her absence was a relief.

Thinking of you all, including those I haven't mentioned. You all are loved and appreciated!

Carol

• goldensrbest
    goldensrbest Member Posts: 658
    Options

Tanya - ouch! Hope that daily treatment will work quickly.

Mel - will be thinking of you all weekend. May there be joy as you and family celebrate your moms life❤️❤️

Got my cardiac monitor yesterday. Boy has technology changed. It’s about the size of a 4 inch bandaid attached just below the clavicle on the left side. I have to wear it for 2 weeks😳 and then mail it back to be read. With an app on my phone, I’m able to track whenever I have symptoms. Irish - you mentioned potassium, but mine has always been normal and had blood work on Wednesday which showed the same.

The sun is finally out! We’ve had so much rain that we have a mini river in the back yard. I keep wanting to put on my regular sheets but for now the flannel stays. Too chilly at nite.

Be well dear sisters.

• malleemiss251
    malleemiss251 Member Posts: 146
    Options

Mel, I hope the memorial for your mother goes well. Wrap yourself in her memories and love. I am thinking of you and wish I could offer more solace than words.

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,594
    Options

Emac, have you been on Enhertu long? If not, I wouldn’t be surprised if your MO might like to give it more time. I had promising results early but it’s over many months that it really showed what it can do. WBR is another common option for lepto. I wish you great luck.

• emac877
    emac877 Member Posts: 684
    Options

Thank you all for the sweet comments and well wishes. I appreciate the pocket duty too! I met with the RO and he was pretty certain about the leptomeningeal mets based on the MRI. When I talk to my MO I think I will still ask for a spinal tap to confirm just in case it's a false positive. Unfortunately beyond that my CT shows a progression of "multiple" mets to the liver where before I only had one. I don't know yet what the plan is. My May 2nd appointment with the MO got moved to the 11th of this month so I hope to find out. I've only been on Enhertu for 3 infusions so I don't know if they will continue based on the liver progression. I am set up to have WBR starting the 17th for 10 sessions. Anyway, it was a rough week for news and I was exhausted yesterday but feeling better today as I can start to look forward and not at the prognosis or bad news.

Mel - a big hug to you this weekend. I will be thinking of you.

Mara - a while ago you mentioned the sticky note feature to help you remember things said on this thread since it moves so fast. I have just started using it and found that really helpful. My mind lately has very limited focus and short term memory so I am constantly making lists and reminders for myself.

Again, thank you to the group at large for all the comments and support. Know that you made me smile during a hard week and I really appreciate it.

• cookie54
    cookie54 Member Posts: 687
    edited April 6
    Options

Mel Have a beautiful day memorializing your mom and your mom sent sunshine.🌞

emac Happy to hear your appt was moved up. Glad to hear you are focusing on what's ahead and you will always have support and prayers here. ❣️

Tanya Geez sorry you are having a rough time sounds painful. Sending healing wishes your way.

goldens Technology is amazing for sure! My DH defibrillator is bluetooth so no need to go in the office to check readings. Hope readings comes back uneventful for you, fingers crossed. Glad you're enjoying sun too! This morning Buster was being blessed my the angel's rays of sun too.

Waving a big hello to all and sending peace your way today.

• micmel
    Options

that dog is gorgeous!!!

• micmel
    Options

Theo is ten months old already.

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,616
    Options

mel, we used to call our Theo "Theo-dorable." I think that fits with your Theo. Although sometimes we call him "Theo-dork."

• threetree
    Options

Mel- Will be thinking of you and the wonderful thing you are doing for your mom today. She must be "looking down" and feeling so much love and pride for you. I'm sure you will be feeling lots of love there today from so many at the memorial.

Thanks too for the latest picture of Theo. I was scrolling and saw the really nice photo of Buster that Cookie posted and thought how it was so nice and that I'd like to see Theo too, and then I scrolled a little more and what do you know ...

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,153
    edited April 6
    Options

Emac, glad it is helping, lets you read through and respond to one person at a time, especially when there are a lot of posts. I use it all the time myself. Got em on my phone as well to remember lists, numbers and other things.

Mel in your pocket lending support for the memorial for your Mom. Sweet picture of Theo, what a sweet boy.

Cookie, that is definitely a sweet picture of you dog with the rays shining down.

Goldens, in pocket for reading, I see ads for Kardia Mobile which tracks atrial fibrillation and is a tiny size too, believe it sends results to doctor online but technology advances are amazing.

I am splitting up my day today, beautiful and sunny so going to do short walks post meals, want to get up to 1/2 hour at a time eventually but smaller outdoor walks will start the trend. I figured that if can start doing that, will build up cardio, that might help with outdoor summer walking as I was doing that before, wear my neck fan and a cooling towel around wrists and neck as well. Use UV umbrella to shade from the son, Should get used to that. Second thought, take my walker so could sit and take some water in and have a rest, we will see, weather is not that hot. I do feel that some of the heat stroke was do to deconditioning after falls made me very fearful, cane makes me feel stable as well. Lots of options I have. I am also trying to revive a laptop that was a newer purchase than the one I am presently using. It is running so slow, if cannot get to run faster, perhaps put another version of windows on or run off a usb, we will see. I love technology issues. If worst comes to worst, buy a budget version to use since I only use it for youtube and reward sites I do.

Have to eat more nutritiously today. Too much junk. Made 1/3 cup rice so far, planning to chop beans in croutons and some chips, add wheat bran and mix in queso and cheese, do the usual microwave 2 min 30 seconds. Later, make egg sandwich on english muffin or use pancake mix to make an omelet type thing. May even dip the english muffin in the pancake mix and cook in the frypan as a quick pancake bread type thing and still have the egg sandwich and beans, we will see. I decided not to give DB the pancake mix, need to just think outside the box while still be more like a normal meal and get stuff used up. I also have some knorr pasta I can make but using water instead of milk, let it thicken and add some shredded cheese instead. Too many food ideas on the brain for me.

Hoping a good day for us, in pockets for Emac and Mel, lending all my support as well.

• shanagirl
    shanagirl Member Posts: 348
    Options

I’m loving all the dog pictures!♥️🐾

@cookie54 Buster is such a handsome boy. Hi @micmel I can’t believe Theo is 10 months already. He looks so cute and grown up.

I’ve been reading a lot tonight and catching up here. I want to say hi to everyone.

Dear @emac877 , You are so much on my mind and I am sending you the warmest thoughts and many prayers 🙏as you continue your treatment. You’ve been through so much for so many weeks. It makes me feel that I wat to send you loving thoughts and vibrations for Healing. You are in my breath prayers throughout the day. Keep your spirits up.🩵

Good night.