Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer

Comments

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,384
    edited July 19

Well, gave DB the night off since SIL says he is tired, that is fine, a couple weeks off from shopping is just fine, I still have tons of food to go through so will be a couple of weeks before I see him since next week is movie night, still wondering how to handle cane and carrying snacks too. Will figure it out.

It is still nicer out today which I am sure AC is better for it. Doing some budget boosting stuff, TV ads for cash, mobile games for cash etc. Easy to do. Freezer still has a lot in it, planning on couple of mini pot pies and to cook up some hashbrowns, look for lentils and beans in fridge, almost ate those up. Planning quick go over with vacuum and under couch with robot vac, light dust and walking around with sock mops. I am getting much faster at getting stuff done, living room takes perhaps 5 mins etc so pretty easy for a small space. Cannot steam anything anymore, steamer was recalled but that is OK, have not used it in months. Will look up the refund option. My paper shredder is arriving on Sunday, got some zit cream as I have a horrible one on my forearm. That arrives tomorrow.

I do hope everyone has a good day, in pockets for everyone needing me.

• shanagirl
    shanagirl Member Posts: 417

WowI’m still just catching up after a few days. I went to a neighborhood pig roast in Saturday afternoon. Didn’t stay overly long but socialized and had something to eat then went home😊.

@goldensrbest HAPPY BIRTHDAY 🥳 GIRL. BELLA’S PICTURE is adorable. She still has The look of a puppy yet her little white face gives her away🥰🐾.

@tougholdcrow I read your words, and they are beautiful. You captured so much about the forums here. Thank you for sharing. For me, my fight with cancer has been 16 years…🩵

• mara51506

Shanagirl, never been to a pig roast, always thought it would be weird to see the actual pig being roasted but hope you enjoyed yours.

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,166

Shanagirl- I don't think Shannen Doherty ever posted on BCO. Not that I know of. But, with our screen names and anonymity, maybe she did??!! But when someone "famous" dies of MBC and it is in the news we usually comment on here. Our commonality with them in that way- MBC. Another MBC sister.

• chicagoan
    chicagoan Member Posts: 1,025

So depressing to learn that not only was Shannon Doherty dealing with MBC-she was also going through a divorce during the past year which was finalized two days after she died. https://wgntv.com/news/deans-list/shannen-doherty-divorce-finalized-hours-before-she-died/?

• mara51506

Shanagirl, then if you don't have to see it, I would definitely try out those slices, sounds really good. The desserts and bands sound quite fun as well.

Sunshine, so sorry you are dealing with pain, in pocket willing it away for you.

Shannen Doherty had been going through so much. So sad divorce was going on too. Still sending condolences to her family and friends.

I have been really lazy today and enjoying it, eaten very badly too. Will reign myself in for supper, unsure what to have, thinking fish, rice and possibly an egg on top of the rice, who knows, just normal rice but I will decide. If I still feel rebellious, may check the bank account and have takeout, I will see. I also got some Oxy 5 benzoil peroxide. I got a really nasty zit on my forearm, probably caused by my wrist brace I use when typing or playing games but this was a nasty one, my coverup that is supposed to remove zits was not having any effect either. Hopefully this at least gets rid of the worst of it. I am glad I do not get those kind of blemishes on my face anymore, that is for sure.

Hoping the day is going well for everyone, in pockets for those who need me. I've been watching all my Deadpool movies, going to see it on Thursday this week, deadpool and wolverine. Hopefully it is decent, will definitely be gross but that is OK, I would expect nothing less, heard this is Disney's first R rated movie done. Deciding if I should get popcorn or not, need a cane so figuring out how I would carry said popcorn since we are not allowed to have knapsacks. My thought is to be upfront and say I have this cane and would need to put the popcorn in the bag until I sat down. I could carry the bag on one of my arms that would hold the drink. We will see.

M

• seeq
    seeq Member Posts: 1,160

Mara - if they complain about your bag, you could always offer for them to carry your snacks to your seat for you. <eg>

• mara51506

Well, doing a laundry experiment today, I know that I will keep only throw size fleece blankets, reason being, I can wash them in my washers. I did take the thin bedspread which along is far too big for each washer but since they are set near and next to each other, washing parts of the bed spread at a time. My steamer has been recalled so cannot use that but if this works, will not need it. It is the only oversize blanket I have, all other bedding can go in the washers which will be good.

Other than that, phoning Paratransit for Herceptin on Wed then have to phone them Monday for the movie on Thursday. Also going to get my paper shredder today which I am looking forward to. Breaking down more boxes too and quick floor vacuum and mop

I did most PT exercises in bed and may still do the senior gold Paul eugene or Leslie Sansone from bed as well. Legs are still vigorously worked out, not weight bearing but no chance of falls either. I figure that works to my advantage, canes and walking sticks are helpful when outdoors as well to maintain balance.

I'll be sticking to more freezer eating and egg eating, meat pies at breakfast with beans and lentils if there are any left, add the beefless ground as well. Eggs and cheese, not sure yet how I wish to prepare them or even seasoning but it all will come later. Made a decision to stop buying kitchen gadgets, I have so many which I found homes in the kitchen but I can use them all. Frypan will always be best for hashbrowns and microwave can handle eggs if lid on top. I do have Kraft dinner single servings to already thinking of what I can do with the cheese powder instead. I can make up the noodles, dump the water and keep the cheese and use with beefless ground and taco for a mexican taste or add to the cheese that comes with the taco bake. Do something else with the noodles. KD dry seasoning is too much money. I will see.

Hoping everyone has a good day and in pockets of course, including my own with the big blanket experiment. I only need to wash 1 if this works, get rid of the other one. Once big one is done, can go ahead and wash all the other bedding which will fit. I will see, the only pain is lifting out the one washer and putting the panda in there but I only need do that every couple of weeks.

• mara51506
    edited July 21

Experiment worked, the larger bedspread which I need was able to be washed, I fed it a bit at a time into the washers. Next step is to put the panda in place of the portable washer for a bit since the spinner on the portable unit could not handle it, might just leave the panda set aside while I wash blankets and put them in the panda spin dryer, probably an all day event but that is OK. Keeps me from having to drag blankets to the Laundromat since only one blanket needs it, keep fleece throw blankets cleaner. Keep the big bedspread on top. I am very happy. Might do shorter cycles as well since sheets are not soiled. Have to dry one at a time in my tumble dryer and as said, get rid of the bigger fleece blanket that I cannot handle cleaning.

In case anyone was wondering, reason I have to wash bedding is because the washer and dryer at the building were removed which only affects me, I am the only one without in suite laundry. Let the bedspread drain out in small washer and will put the panda dryer on the step bench and move the portable washer when the larger Panda spinner needs to be needs to be in use for the blankets and bedding wash today.

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,023

those doggies are precious. I love those Goldens! Buster is the man. On the boat!
    looks so cute with Mariah in her class that tips the scale of cuteness. Loving the dogos. I spend so much time with Theo I have a blast with the toys just as much as he does. I feel like he was meant for our lil family. I will not admit (ok i will) he’s spoiled ! But he is oh so loved. As I can see our other animals here are too. We are donating the fire hydrant sprinkler today. It’s going to get hotter again this week maybe the dogs will enjoy it!
    everyone enjoy your Sunday. Mara I have two huge unhide cuddle puddles. They absolutely have to be washed in a commercial washer and dryer because of the weight. The only draw back in having total comfort. I can relate !

• mara51506

Goldens Doggy day camp sounds fun for Mariah and she looks too sweet. Love the pictures

• mara51506
    edited July 21

Mel, I am actually happy this worked for me, going to leave the bigger Panda spinner in for the day and just use one of the washers for the rest of the blankets. It would have been comical to watch me drag out a heavy fleece blanket on Paratransit to take to the wash. This way, I can keep them clean since they cannot be steamed.

Edit, came up with a better system, take out portable washer completely on blanket day, Keep panda on left side of tub and feed blankets a bit at a time to the washer to drip down other side, short cycles and clean entire blanket without over working the washer. Only two more mattress covers and blanket to go, then move panda back to closet and put the portable washer for clothes and cloths back. Can get all clean, takes a while but I do not care. Will do blankets on Sundays. I am happy I can do this without much of an issue.

• threetree
    threetree Member Posts: 1,553
    edited July 21

Theo, Buster, and Mariah - I love you 💞! You do wonders for more than just your owners (although they do post the pics)! What wonderful stuff to wake up to on a Sunday morning 🙂.

• shanagirl
    shanagirl Member Posts: 417

GoodMorning ladies. I’m still sitting in bed (not sleeping well) and sipping my cinnamon coffee, watching the Sunday Morning Shows and browsing fluid art painting videos. Then you all popped into my mind😊…..oh and

@mara51506 I found out that the guys at the pig roast always cook the pig in a smoker at the far end of the. Back Yard. So all the guests are seated at tables on the side and front of the yard and no one sees the pig, then they carve the meat in their patio kitchen in the back., and fill the trays and with the meat placed on the food buffet tables….😉

@illimae my thoughts are with you and @irishlove and @sunshine99 and @sondraf this morning. I’ve had a little nausea headache and cough virus this weekend, so I didn’t do much. Also hi 👋 @threetree @tanya_djamila @candy-678 @goldensrbest @gailmary @cookie54 Jersey girl. @micmel and @intolight and all here have a nice day today🩵💕

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,315

@shanagirl So sorry you are feeling extra poorly. It just keeps coming! Our annual Fire Dept pig roast is a week from Saturday—can't wait! And they also use a large smoker. By the time we arrive it is all done. I am unsure what I will bring this year—maybe a corn pudding or a broccoli salad. They hold it at the fire station in the Black Forest so it is always a lovely day. They empty the large garage and fill it with tables and chairs so it is comfy to eat but a lot of us bring chairs to sit and visit under the trees.

@mara51506 I have a visual of you on the paratransit with a large blanket lol. You are so creative with your chores.

@goldensrbest Love the doggie pics. How did they get all the tongues out at the same time? "Say bacon!" Love it!

@micmel Our Princess is spoiled too, but we don't mind. She is the best dog and our favorite of all our dogs. She officially belongs to our DGD but actually belongs to all of us and easily goes between us all to get her attention. She is also my chair mate most of the day when it is quiet downstairs.

I have Faslodex and Zometa tomorrow so I am trying to relax and enjoy my day today. We plan on going out to lunch afterwards meeting my BIL who is recently retired. I always feel fine for a few hours after so this is standard for us. This will be the first time I have left the house since the shots last month…wow… a record for no dr appts. The following week I have three appointments to make up for it including PCP, MO, and CT scan. sigh… I choose to stay home and avoid crowds if at all possible. The pig roast is outside so hopefully won't need a mask.

Wow, it is only 64° right now and will only get up a few more degrees. Weird weather. Means I won't be sitting out on the deck today—yes, I am a wimp!

Praying for everyone on this thread as is my daily habit. Have a blessed Sunday.

• goldensrbest
    goldensrbest Member Posts: 709
    edited July 21

Theo is sooo cute🥰.
    Mae - we need a pic of your furkids🐾🐾.

• threetree

Intolight - Best of luck to you with the Faslodex and Zometa 🤞! I don't know how you get through both at the same time. I've got Zometa coming up this Thursday; did the shots about a week and half ago. I know what you mean about being OK for a few hours after, and then bam! I try to do something right after too, so that I don't have to just dwell on what's to come in the evening.

• mara51506

Shanagirl, I am also sorry you are feeling really bad, in your pocket send healing vibes and vicks vapo rub to move this virus along. I put it in my ears and a little under my nose, usually helps a lot.

Intolight, imagine me with a cane trying to take out a big blanket. Comedy would ensue. Found out that i can make the throw blankets a bit smaller by putting them in a mesh bag thus avoiding the whole feeding stuff to the washer. Overall, I am happy with this arrangement, get rid of one too large fleece blanket and keep my grey blanket that covers the bed. Got the last load to dry and will put together the bed. Worked very well all told.

• threetree

Mel - Thanks for the Theo photo. Cute as ever!

• mara51506

Mel and Mae, pup photos are both very sweet.

Was unsure what to have for supper so took the KD single serve, heated the pasta, dumped it on a plate. Put some sour cream and onion seasoning, little dry garlic seasoning, salt along with beefless ground. Used sour cream as the sauce, it was really, really good.