Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer

Comments

• elderberry
    elderberry Member Posts: 1,067

mae: how beautiful. I could sit and look at that for a long long time.

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,168

Hello all.

Did gaming last night in-person. Was fun. Lots of laughing. I said I wanted to learn how to play Poker. I never have played it. We did several hands of 5 card draw, I guess one of the easier Pokers. Of course not for money--- I have no money to dribble away with all the medical bills. It was fun. I "won" 1 hand. I did wear my mask, except to try a couple of cookies one gamer brought from a new local bakery. Plan is to meet up next week too. Hope you all have a good day.

• dutchiris
    dutchiris Member Posts: 783

Candy, I'm glad you got out and had fun

• kittykat9876
    kittykat9876 Member Posts: 420

Candy I'm so glad you had a good night.

• Rosie24
    Rosie24 Member Posts: 1,026

Candy, Glad you had a fun get together with your friends!

Mae, Gorgeous view!!

DH and I are heading to a car club meet in northern Michigan. More about the social than the cars. We had a busy weekend with oldest granddaughter’s HS graduation, family party for DH’s bday and our first overnight family guests since before Covid. It felt really good to have them with us. We were pretty exhausted when everyone left though, lol

• candy-678

Rosie- My texting guy buddy I have mentioned before is a car club guy. Yes, it is social, but also for him, it is the cars. He has several cars. I know nothing about them, but 1 looks like the car from the Bonnie and Clyde movie (the Warren Beaty movie), a car from the 1930's. And he talks all the 'car guy' talk with his buddies.

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,717

DH had a conversation yesterday with one of our handsome neighbors, this is him, lol

• moth
    moth Member Posts: 3,293

I'm not on the mets zoom because I'm in bed with a heating pad on my crotch because this stupid UTI pain keeps coming and going and it decided to come back this morning...ugh. made me cry for a bit because it's such a stupidly debilitating pain and olive was wanting to go for a walk but I just couldn't. I.mean wth. Knocked down with pain like a binder clip on my little bits. It almost seems ridiculous.

Runor, infectious disease wants the estrogen cream but we need to hash it out with oncology first and see if they'll sign off on it. In the meantime I'm doing the higher dosing of the new antibiotic. It's supposed to be once a week but he said I could do every 48h for 3 times if I was symptomatic. It's a fancy newish antibiotic so I'm trying to be hopeful it will work.

I binged season 2 of broadchurch yesterday. I liked Eurovision on Saturday. One of our laptops lets us stream from UK so we got the Graham Norton commentary & he is funny. The voting was all wrong though LOL

I'm still hoping to get out for a walk. I will have to test if I can walk around the house without clutching my crotch

• goldensrbest
    goldensrbest Member Posts: 725

Mae - neighbor is quite handsome but I bet he can be a real ass sometimes.
    Candy - so good to finally get out! Moth - sorry about uti. Drink fluids till you think you’ll explode. Try cranberry juic

Oldest daughter and SIL were here this weekend. They are big into craft beers so we hit up some fun places. I can’t believe how nice almost normal is. My wish is that all of you can experience it in some way.

• kbl
    kbl Member Posts: 2,956

Candy, I’m so glad you got to be with friends and had fun.

Moth, oh, god, that stupid pain. I’d rather give birth. I was only on the Zoom call for about 15 minutes because I had to watch my grandson today.

I’m sorry I had to leave the call early for those who were on.

I mentioned on the call that I’d really like to meet more of you. I love the ladies on the call now, andthere is usually around 5 to 8 of us. Please come join next Monday. I hope to make it.

• illimae

Reporting my latest wildlife encounter. DH and I saw this fella while heading down to a friends place for dinner. He approached the razer (off road vehicle) and let me pet his nose, then he delicately lipped my hand, not a bite or nip, just mouthed. I have named him gentle joe. Included are a deer and hummingbird too.

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,053

that is awesome. Mr Ed in person. Looks like so much fun. You’re a trip Mae!

• runor
    runor Member Posts: 1,615

Gentle Joe looks so sweet!

Moth - I know that pain well. How do you explain to someone you're clutching your crotch because peepee pain?  Did you get some pyridium? It might help. Because pretty much nothing else does. Mine was always worst when I was finishing peeing. It wasn't too bad to start but those last few drops felt like a red hot razor blade sliding up into my bladder. God, it used to make me cringe and yes, cry. I hope your meds work soon, a week is too long feeling like that!

Goldens - hope you enjoyed the craft beer. I would like to do that but with craft coffee. 

In your pocket, a key and locket, a tiny prayer is held in there, that travels with you everywhere.

• kbl

Lobe the pics, Mae. Gorgeous animals.

Runor, you describe the pain perfectly. It’s one of the worst pains in the universe. I don’t know what I would do without Azo when they first start.

• illimae

I got some slow mo video of the hummingbird too, hopefully the link works.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CPR3QLRAuGx/?utm_medi...

• booboo1
    booboo1 Member Posts: 1,196

Goldens, I LOL when I saw your response to Mae’s “neighbor”. Sometimes things just hit me, and I can’t stop laughing. Oh, it feels good to belly-laugh. Thanks Mae for the props and Goldens for the commentary. You girls are funny!

• elderberry
    elderberry Member Posts: 1,067

mae: those donkeys are darling. I would love to stroke their velvety noses. The "ass" comment made me laugh out loud.

• illimae

We were approached again on today’s ride by a very nice but more cautious fella, I call him Leary Larry. Also spotted a couple of deer and a pair of wild turkeys.

• goldensrbest
    goldensrbest Member Posts: 725

Mae - just love the interaction with the wildlife. It's very special to experience this!.

• chicagoan
    chicagoan Member Posts: 1,044

Happy Birthday, Mel! I think today's the day. Hope you are having lots of fun!

• illimae

Chicagoan, thank you for the reminder, I totally meant to add birthday wishes but got too distracted out here.

Micmel,

Edited to add that I will now enjoy a glass of wine and fudge bites (including a birthday cake fudge bite) in your honor. Enjoy the day!

• seeq
    seeq Member Posts: 1,167

I'm still traveling, but I saw that it was Mel's birthday, so Happy Birthday, Mel!!

• kittykat9876
    kittykat9876 Member Posts: 420

🎁 🎉 🎈 HAPPY BIRTHDAY MEL ! I hope you had the best day.

• candy-678

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MEL !!!!!!

• sondraf
    sondraf Member Posts: 1,679

Have a great and relaxing day Mel!

• BevJen
    BevJen Member Posts: 2,341

Happy Birthday, Mel. And many more.

• dutchiris
    dutchiris Member Posts: 783

Happy Birthday, Mel!

• kbl

Happy birthday, Mel. I hope you were able to relax and get some sunshine on your face. Hugs.

• Rosie24
    Rosie24 Member Posts: 1,026

Happy birthday, Mel!!

• moth
    moth Member Posts: 3,293

happy birthday Mel!