Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer

Comments

• jensgotthis
    jensgotthis Member Posts: 673

Happy Birthday sweet Mel

• runor
    runor Member Posts: 1,615

Mel's Birthday! Woohoo, partay in the living room!  I call the coffee table as we dance under Mel's disco ball. Yes, she has a disco ball, she's just all shy about it. Happy Birthday!

• goldensrbest
    goldensrbest Member Posts: 725

Mel - May your next trip around the sun be full of blessings!

• tanya_djamila
    tanya_djamila Member Posts: 1,537

Happy birthday Mel.

Had long Dr appt yesterday shots, zometa blood draw, conference with dr.

I have my daughter and 4 grandkids for a few weeks so I missed Monday.

I enjoyed my visit to see mom. We did get to go to her great grandsons baby shower. It was outside. Everyone socially distanced except when younger people went to smoke weed.

Mae I love your surrounding nature and wildlife.

Waving hello to all.

Tany

• booboo1
    booboo1 Member Posts: 1,196

Mel,

There are people in our lives who hold a special place that no one else ever could...

People like you.

Happy Birthday my friend.

• dodgersgirl
    dodgersgirl Member Posts: 1,902

Micmel—- Happy Birthday!!!

• sondraf
    sondraf Member Posts: 1,679

Candy - for your calendar, I have full spine MRI on 23rd June (maintenance check-up)

Mel - go on, how did you spend your special day? I hope you had a bunch of good family time, food, and a giant cake!

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,168

Sondra- You are now on the list.

Mel- Have not heard from you--- how was your birthday?

Frustrating day here--- found out I do not qualify for COBRA subsidy thru the Covid Relief Plan, no loss of work hours due to the pandemic. Always a loophole.

• elderberry
    elderberry Member Posts: 1,067

mel: Happy belated wishes. Thank you so much for inviting all of us into your living room. It is my favourite place to go on the threads. I feel like I can sit in my underwear here!

• santabarbarian
    santabarbarian Member Posts: 2,311

Wonderful birthday wishes, Mel!

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,717

Micmel, where did you go? It is unlike you to go missing for days, what's up? I hope you've been able to enjoy you birthday but please check in soon.

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,462

Yeah, I have not been posting much either but still reading and noticed the same thing. I can only hope she is somewhere enjoyable with her family.

• goldensrbest

Just a funny that my SIL found in his memories on Facebook from 5 years ago. Out of the mouth of babes!

As we are driving to daycare this morning, I hear Wesley say from the back seat:

"Up yours, daddy. Up yours." 😳

Surprised and confused by my threenager, it hits me that he's asking me to put up my window... 😂

• mara51506

Winking

• elderberry

Goldens: ha ha ha. At least it had an explanation. My nephew was overheard from another room saying "oh oh. Oh fuff" He was about 3. My sister shot out of her chair to see what Keith had done. Mmmm Where did he get "oh fuff" from, I wonder. Good thing I had no children. I don't think I would have control over my trucker/biker/drunk sailor mouth. :-)

Mel : yes, where are you?

• ShetlandPony
    ShetlandPony Member Posts: 3,063

Her most recent post was the day before her birthday. Hoping her DH took her on a surprise trip, or got her a new computer that is having trouble.

• illimae

elderberry, lol, I have the same mouth.

Shetland, I’m hoping the same for Mel too but it’s just odd.

Well, we’re back in Houston and preparing for a small crawfish boil tomorrow, should be a nice weekend. Then Herceptin on Monday and more packing up later this week. Home sale prices being so good (for the seller) is motivation to get this done quick, my goal is now the end of June, if I can keep DH on track.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,561

Just posting in case anyone may be interested:

AstraZeneca is looking for photos and and quotes to be posted on their website, Beyond Pink: Sharing Our Metastatic Breast Cancer Story

All you would need to do is:

1. sign release form

2. select a photo to share

3. write quote (Per AstraZeneca: The quote can be anything you want to share with the community to inspire others, what has given you strength, what you hope for the future, etc. Please no mention of companies or treatments.)

(No video recording at this point).

We only have till Tuesday, June 2, so if you're interested in being featured, please submit quickly Medicating

Please email Michelle.Cosgrove1@astrazeneca.com for the release form.

Thanks so much !!

• moth
    moth Member Posts: 3,293

I'm playing hooky from my zoom metastatic support meeting. I was just not feeling up to it again - not even sure why.

I want to putter around the house a bit. I hate how I have to pace myself because if I start too many things I won't be able to finish any of them. My hemoglobin has been slowly falling & it's nowhere near really bad but I think it's not helping with how I feel. Ugh. Why does cancer suck so much

There are several things I want to do but I just end up thinking about doing them because the effort seems too much.

• mara51506

Cancer definitely sucks, you are right Moth.

I am taking it easy today. Weather is crappy and cold, I actually pulled out my heater in my apartment. Funny how the air was needed at the start of this week.

• candy-678

Just reading along here and on the other Threads. I tried to text Mel and so far no response. Hope all is ok with her. Not much to say from here. Cancer, and all the fallout from it, is crappy. I used to work full time and had the finances to fix things as they came up. Now I do not. I am on a fixed income with lots of medical bills. Lots of co-pays. I look around at things I wish I could fix around my house and just cannot do it. Sigh.....

Not too much here for the Holiday weekend. Gaming with my group on Sunday evening, but nothing else planned. Quiet times at home alone. No one to "party" with and just do not have the energy to do anything.

I do scans June 25 and see MO the 28th, so until then I am still on the same treatment. But it is never far from my mind. Creates a dark shadow over everything.

• mara51506

Candy, glad you have a group to hang out with though. That at least ticks the social box without being cancer related. Most of my social activity is medical whether the cancer appointments, various scans or the vaccination I got. I mostly talk on the phone with a friend who started out as a wellness check but she asked if she could talk to me outside professional time and I said that was fine.

DB popped by and dropped off some grasshopper pie which I made disappear very quickly. It was delicious. My mom started with it and my older DB took over after that.

• goldensrbest

I want to start attending the MBC zoom meetings on Mondays. The past month has had me tied up every Monday and I would assume since Monday is a holiday, there will be no meeting. But for the 1st Monday in June I plan to attend. Would someone please provide the link for the meetings. Thank you

• illimae

Goldens, I haven’t heard anything about Monday’s zoom being canceled yet but if it happens I will be on to welcome you.

Lots of cooking hear today. We’re having a crawfish boil tomorrow with about 10 friends. We’ve got the crawfish, DH is making Texas caviar and I’m doing the deviled eggs. One couple is hosting at their property and another is bring the veggies and equipment. I’m doing my part today, so I can relax and have a few drinks.

Hope everyone has a nice weekend.

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,053

thank you Chicagoan. I appreciate that. I had my second. Covid shot and it was a living hell. I was sick from Tuesday my birthday until just this second and I still don't feel great. That was like I was in another world. Wow so many side effects. Awful. I was so uncomfortable I was yelling at the damn shot. Hot sweating dripping then freezing clothing cold. Headaches body aches. Basically I just gave myself covid by letting someone inject it to me. I know I needed to get it but I am not sure about this shot next year. Candy thank you coma looking for me. I appreciate. BooBoo you too. Just so sick. Love to all

• candy-678

I heard from Mel. She said her 2nd Covid vaccine really made her feel bad. She is slowly getting better. She wanted me to tell you all. I told her to come back to the Living Room when she could and that we missed her.

Yes, I am glad I can meet with the 3 friends to game this Sunday. But, if they wanted to cancel, it would not upset me too much. Know what I mean. Just not really feeling social anymore. Easier to stay in my house.

• chicagoan
    chicagoan Member Posts: 1,044

Micmel-So good to hear from you. Sorry your second shot was such a doozy. Well you better have a belated birthday celebration as soon as you are feeling up to it. Rest up and enjoy the weekend.

• moth
    moth Member Posts: 3,293

Mel, glad to hear from you but sorry you had such a horrible reaction to dose 2. Hope the worst is behind you now!

• mara51506

Mel, I am sorry you reacted so severely to the 2nd dose. I had heard that a 2nd dose of drugs usually produce more reaction. I will make sure to keep the Tylenol and advil going after my 2nd shot.

• elderberry

Mel: I am relieved to hear from you. I was worried . But I am sorry the second shot was so awful. It doesn't help much that having a more severe reaction is a sign that your immune system is charging up. I hope you feel better soon. Maybe the longer interval between shots here will mean a less intense reaction with the second.

Everyone else south of my border, have a great long weekend!!