Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer

Comments

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,052

people just plain suck Mara. Truly. I have no words. Everything is turning to shit. Things better start looking up , so many are struggling one big pile of shit since covid as well.

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,460

I will say that my brother was pissed that the guy showed up at my place when Chris told him he was the person handling this for me. I had to hold my temper because I could tell I was going to blow myself and that would do me no good. The fact is, there are no permits for any work they want to do on the building, Kelly and I are visiting the tenants board about the issue. The guy is super pushy saying most of my neightbours signed off, not sure I really believe him on that. I am unsure how much work they are allowed to be doing, they've started work on a couple places on the lower level, but not sure if it is kosher for them to be doing so. Following Chris and Kelly's lead and advice on this.

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,168

Any "pocket duty" for this week-- Nov 15?

Mara- dealing with new owner of apartment and legal issues and possible relocation

Elderberry- MRI of bone marrow of arm- Wednesday

KittyKat- CT for shoulder issue - Friday

• mara51506

Me, I could use mental pocket duty for the renoviction I am facing. Confused by different legal information I am reading like the fact that if they are booting me purely for renovation, they are required to allow me to re rent the place for the same price which seems pointless to sink money into my place if I was coming back to live in it. Still going to the tenant board with Kelly tomorrow and Chris and I are meeting the new owner. I just cannot understand exactly what the outcome for me should be. If I am allowed to stay after, why do I need to get a new place. I just do not get it at all. Hopefully it all becomes clear soon.

Raining here so will likely not do much today, just relaxing. Dinner last night for my birthday was good, turkey and stuffing and grasshopper pie.I enjoyed myself there as well.

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723

mara, the "almost everyone has signed off on this" sounds like total BS to me. Stand your ground, or let Chris and Kelly do it for you. Save your energy for the good stuff. These guys are just trying to wear you down. You pocket is going to be filled with a lot of PO'd sisters. And believe me, that's something these guys don't want to deal with.

I'm not trying to push my faith on you, but my DH and I are strong believers in prayer. We've seen some amazing and totally unexpected things happen when we pray. I will pray for a good outcome for you. (Wouldn't it be great if you moved someplace better and these guys paid for everything? You never know.)

Anyway, will be thinking of you today.

Hugs and (Hershey's) kisses;

Carol

• micmel

Thanks for checking Candy. You sweet woman.

I’m available for pocket duty as needed. ! Happy Sunday!

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,168

Mara- You are added to this weeks list. I would be thinking of moving. This new owner sounds like a criminal. Pushy. Threatening. Came to you behind your DB back to pressure you. Do you really want him for your new landlord if you move back in after the renovations? You don't need that. I say good riddance to that area and start fresh somewhere else--- with more space too.

• SuQu31
    SuQu31 Member Posts: 73

Just a regular reader and lurker here, but Mara, my thoughts are with you. What is happening is super shady and I'm so angry on your behalf that they returned to your apartment after being told to communicate with your brother. If they return again, I would call the police and refuse to speak with them. That is harassment. You and your brother have made it clear that they were supposed to communicate with him, not you, yet they contacted you again. In addition to every other horrible thing they have done, this one thing shows that they are not acting in good faith and are not to be trusted.

I am so, so sorry that you are having to deal with this. I'm glad that your family is there for you.

• kittykat9876
    kittykat9876 Member Posts: 420

Mara, I am here for you, giving you all the virtual support I can, these people sound like total thugs and hopefully you can find a better apartment sooner rather than later.

• mara51506

Thank you everyone. I am visiting the tenant board with Kelly tomorrow and then the guy is meeting with Chris and I on Tuesday night. I am trying to keep the faith and knowing all of you are supporting me means an awful lot. I know that this all will workout the way it is meant to. I still have at least 4 months after the permits are issued before I have to move, cannot give notice until he has permits. I agree that if I chose to stay, they would be shitty landlords for sure. I will keep trying not to stress over it all. Not crying continually so that is progress. Wish the stress would just go away. I am feeling better when I am here. Thank you all.

• booboo1
    booboo1 Member Posts: 1,196

Sunshine,

I, too, have experienced the power of prayer, so we will join forces and ask God to resolve this dilemma for Mara. Someone else had the idea to call the press and tell them about this. I think if people knew your story, Mara, it might really make a difference for others in this situation. Once people hear that you are sick with cancer, you may be surprised at what happens.

In the meantime, we are all here for you, my dear.

• Rosie24
    Rosie24 Member Posts: 1,026

Pocket duty, Mara, as you work through this difficult situation. I hope the meetings over the next week are helpful, and at least give you a clear idea of what you want to do. With what you’ve experienced, I agree with Candy that finding a new place and cutting ties with the “new guy” (who seems shady) would be good.

• mara51506

I agree, my brother and wife showed up to check what renovations he has done so far without a permit. We are still going to the landlord tenant board tomorrow. Chris and Kelly are coming Tuesday night to talk with the guy. I do kind of agree with Candy but the longer I can pay less the better. I am sure I will eventually be out of here but interested to know what mybrother wants to accomplish with all this.

• micmel

Mara~I ve always known it's very difficult to get a tenant out of the rental when they aren't even paying. Here you are a good tenant. So if you're a good tenant. Even good tenets lose important paperwork by mistake or forget to sign anything at all. Oh I'm not thinking clearly about now. I don't feel well at this moment. Ugh! I need to sit down. Oh you're going to have to come back I have an appointment already scheduled. What's that? You want to get in to renovate where I live? Court order? All of their dots must be in line. You deserve as much time as you need to find just what suits you. They should also give you a bonus for being forced to relocate during these times. I'm sooooo annoyed at this conglomeration I could spit at their feet and then kick them in their ding dong!

• livingivlife
    livingivlife Member Posts: 454

Mara- ditto to what everyone has been telling you, especially Mel. When one door closes another better one will open. (not before Mel kicks him in his ding dong)

• sunshine99

mel, thanks for the laugh. I think there would be a line of us ready to kick him in the ding dong! Don't mess with our mara!!!

• mara51506

I love the kicking in the ding dong Mel!

I mentioned going to the press but Chris thinks it would be a bad idea. We will do the tenant board first and see what happens. I love all of you and your concern for me. I'll keep you updated on everything too.

• livingivlife
    livingivlife Member Posts: 454

I just finished looking at the special on TV with Adele. OMG I love her and that voice! It took me to a whole different place. I sang and let memories of a time gone by fill me. Now back to reality.

• booboo1

Mel,

You crack me up. Ding dong indeed! Can you imagine what kind of havoc we could cause if we were Mara’s neighbors? We could mess with this guy and turn him in circles. He wouldn’t know what hit um!

• micmel

Messin with our sister, get a whole lotta ding dong pain. Kick smack pow zap ⚡️. That so pisses me off. So I'll use other words.but we know!

Arriving for pocket duty!

Living~she is beautiful inside and out. I’m so glad you were able to enjoy her music. Sometimes it’s therapeutic for the soul.

• mara51506

Mel, I'll be more than happy to provide the ding dong smackage. Wish I was telekinetic so I could mentally squeeze his parts. I am looking forward to finding out what the tenant board might say and what will happen tomorrow. On the plus side, found another way to make a little bit of money online, that will be good for me.

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,714

Sort funny Adele story, many years ago, DH and I had a music channel playing loud on TV while we were cleaning and Rolling in the deep came on (it was new then). After a few seconds we both went to the TV to see who was singing that and when we saw her, we both said “wow, she’s white”. Of course ability isn’t a race thing but that vocal power felt like Whitney Houston or Aretha Franklin. I continue to enjoy it on my walking playlist, she’s really quite amazing.

I’m recovering well but the numbing injection fluid doesn’t really get absorbed, instead it’s slowly leaking down my face under the skin and is currently settling mostly around my left eye ( I must have slept on that side). I feel fine but look a mess.

• mara51506

Mae, a few of my walking songs are whitney houston. Love I will always Love you, So emotional and I wanna Dance with somebody. Dua Lipa levitating still gets me in a walking mood for sure. Snowed a bit here though I think it will mostly stay on the grass so after the tenant board, perhaps will take a walk then.

My new tumble dryer just amazes me. I can toss stuff that was spun in the spin dryer, put it on for no heat (practicing for when I eventually move) and towels and cloths are dry within an hour. That just amazes me.

• booboo1

Well, I’ve been avoiding telling you that my last treatment was also a bust. So I’m back on hospice (sort of). I was starting down the same path of getting very, very sick, so my MO and I decided to call it quits. This time it was my decision. I just can’t handle the chemo drugs. So I’m now trying to recover and get back to living again. We’re supposed to go to Disney for a few days before Christmas, so that’s what I’m aiming for (to feel better…enough to go). So no worries my friends. I’m completely at peace.

• GoKale4320
    GoKale4320 Member Posts: 580

BooBoo - I hate to hear this. There's a recent podcast on BCO about taking Kisqali and Letrozole. Can you do that?

• sunshine99

You all mean so much to me!

Mara, I think you should go to the door when this dude comes. Go out and he'll ask, "Why are your pockets bulging?" You can tell him those are your friends. Then you can say, "Don't make them angry. You wouldn't like them when they're angry." (Remember the Incredible Hulk line?)

Mae, I hope you start to recover soon. That must be such a weird sensation.

Mel, I'm still chuckling about the ding dongs.

Booboo, I'm so sorry - just so damn sorry. I wish you continued peace.

As always, my apologies for anyone I've neglected to mention...

• chicagoan
    chicagoan Member Posts: 1,044

Booboo-I'm sorry to hear that the chemo didn't work. Looking at your profile, I'm wondering if you might not respond to hormonal treatment again? Some people have found that after a break, the hormonals resume working for them. Maybe Kisquali with Faslodex? In any case, hope you have a nice trip to Disneyland.

• kittykat9876
    kittykat9876 Member Posts: 420

Laurie, I wish you well and I hope you're feeling better in time for your trip to Disney at Christmas.

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,714

booboo, I’m sorry to read this but I am glad you have a plan and little stress about it. I understand when enough is enough, even when I wish it wasn’t so.

Heart

• mara51506

Laurie, I am so sorry the last treatment was not working but glad you did not stay on it too long. I am jumping over to your pocket. May you also feel well for your trip over christmas, glad you are at peace with everything.

Lots of info given by a helpful lady who works in the tenant board. I can refuse to leave, file a T2 showing I want to stay, by the time it would get ejudicated, they are probably take a year or more to start a hearing to evict me. I will stay as long as possible because I do think it is easier to get places in spring and summer. I am still looking but like that it will not likely be the winter when I move. Chris and Kelly are not coming over tomorrow, they have told the person not to come here either. I am not opening my door to him either. I will not be signing anyyhing either. I will try to get a social worker referral for help applying for social housing as well.