Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer

Comments

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,167

Pocket duty list for the week of June 19---

Sadiesservant- Scans Monday

BevJen- Port Tuesday, infusion Wednesday

That is all I have--- anyone else? But we need to remember all on here that are struggling.

I come here multiple times a day and read your posts. Sometimes I just feel I have nothing to contribute. But I care for all of you and want to hear what you are doing.

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,455

Candy, I understand what you are saying about not having much to contribute. I don't really do anything interesting when compared to others here and my "cooking" is to motivate me to keep trying different things. I vote say what you want, even if it is a good show or something pretty outside or whatever.

I went out this morning, it was nice and reasonably cool out which I better enjoy because Tuesday will feel like 110 F. That is a bit much. Might order a second UV umbrella for when I have to be walking to hospital. I do have my neck fans which can be used while charging and they help a lot as Wednesday is hot as well. Today's trip was just a quick walk around the mall, through Walmart to get my milk and chocolate and back to the bus. Set me up to probably walk this afternoon. Really not feeling like sitting on the couch today for surveys.

• dodgersgirl
    dodgersgirl Member Posts: 1,902

sadiesservant— in your pocket ref scans tomorrow.

• Rosie24
    Rosie24 Member Posts: 1,026

SadiesServant, in your pocket on Monday too!

I haven't been very active with exercise lately. Hot weather, medical appointments for my upcoming clinical trial, and fatigue. On Weds I was all set to go to my water exercise class and then got a call to ask if I could go for a liver biopsy at 10 am. Apparently I was placed in a study group that required fresh tissue. I don't really like short notice calls ( who does) but I didn't want to risk delaying my start date of Monday, so I said I could be there. Friday water class was out due to home going instructions from the biopsy. Next week is out due to trial schedule.

I appreciate your exercise plans, Mara. I think I'll just go out and walk my neighborhood today. We have low 70s which is maybe similar to your temps, sorry I'm thinking that may be 25 C?

The paint by number finished products look great. I do a game/app version of that on my iPad. I've seen ads for it for years and thought I'd never enjoy that, ButI do. It's kind of relaxing and I like the simple tapping to create some neat pictures. Good for when DH is watching something on tv that I'm not that interested in.

Hello to everyone. Thinking of you all here in Mel's living room. I tried to share a bird pic but it isn't working.

• sadiesservant
    sadiesservant Member Posts: 1,875

Thanks all. Not looking forward to the early start tomorrow - need to be at the hospital by 8:00 AM. Messes with dog walking… but at least it will be over with early. Rosie, I also have a colouring app on my iPad and agree, it’s oddly relaxing. Great time waster for appointments as well although you have to remember to download the picture before leaving home if, like me, you don’t have cellular on your iPad. Then there’s always Candy Crush. LOL.

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,708

In your pocket for tomorrow too with a big tub of Red Vines. Loaded with sugar, I know but I do limit myself.

• BevJen
    BevJen Member Posts: 2,341

I am getting a mediport put in on Tuesday (minor, I realize, in the scheme of things) and if all goes well, will get my first infusion of enhertu on Wednesday. It's off label for me so we are awaiting payment approval.

• livingivlife
    livingivlife Member Posts: 454

Sadiesservant and Bevjen- in both pockets with delicious homemade butter tarts

• BevJen
    BevJen Member Posts: 2,341

oh, yum, Deb!

• gladis
    gladis Member Posts: 43

Good Luck Molliefish!

• gladis
    gladis Member Posts: 43

Building on livinglife's "Sadiesservant and Bevjen- in both pockets with delicious homemade butter tarts" may i add a time consuming delightful daydream tucked beside the goodies, deep downin the corner of your pocket, near the crumby goodness.

• Rosie24
    Rosie24 Member Posts: 1,026

We’ve had some bluebirds visiting because DH feeds them dried mealworms in their own bluebird house. It’s been fun watching the youngsters and the parents together. The female is feeding the baby a mealworm in this pic while the male looks around.

• mara51506

Bevjen and Sadiesservant, in your pockets. I remember port insertion as being easy. Not painful but I do remember that I could feel the line being inserted inside. I am thankful for the port.

• kbl
    kbl Member Posts: 2,950

Rosie24, what a beautiful picture. Thank you. I’m here for pocket duty

• goldensrbest
    goldensrbest Member Posts: 723

Rosie - Mother Nature can offer such sweetness - love the pic!

In for pocket duty. Have some smore type chocolate bark that is addictive

• mara51506

Rosie, love the picture and Mama feeding her baby.

In everyone's pocket today for whoever needs it.

Not sure what is on the agenda today. It is not hot today and trying to think of something I need at the grocery store to justify a walk. Tomorrow will be superhot so will practice a few minutes to build up tolerance with the UV umbrella AND the neckfan going as well. Can make ice water as I have metal water bottles and they will stay cool for me.

Today, so far, just grated some regular bar soap, I now like to add it to my dishsoap when boiled with water, grease falls off dishes. I now take dollarama foaming soap and divide it into thirds, provides the same foam and clean feeling and just boost a tiny bit with another liquid soap. Need to stretch everything, baking up some wash soda as well from baking soda. Spread baking soda in a thin layer on a baking pan. Bake in the oven for around an hour and the steam that arises from it turns it into the wash powder.

• elderberry
    elderberry Member Posts: 1,067

Hi everyone.

Bevjen: my port insertion was no biggie and I am so glad to have it. I watch people in the infusion centre getting their arms warmed up, their veins smacked, poking and prodding. In the meantime, I am feet up, hands free, reading a book. Yeah, mine sticks out because I am thin but a higher neck or scarf hides it and I don't care what it looks like in any case.

No one has reported in lately about falling down stairs, slipping on crud, tripping etc. so I guess it is my turn.

After two years of Covid restrictions my neighbourhood finally had its Hats Off To The Heights street festival on Saturday. The main drag, Hastings Street, is closed to traffic from Boundary to Gamma - well over 20+ blocks. The merchants have sidewalks sales, the restaurants have tables set up to order food, live music, the usual stuff. No parade this year though.

Well I had a small adventure that I could have done without. I walked a bit up and down Hastings then decided I should pick up lunch for me and my DH, go home and eat then go out again to listen to music. In the process of ordering my food I tripped over a cord that should have been under the table. I fell over, catching myself with my hands/wrists but then hit my forehead on the sidewalk. When little old ladies fall it is amazing how many citizens run to help. I was scooped up and put on a chair with this woman who was part of a band coming on later fussing over me. It was just outside the Admirals Pub. She claimed I was already getting a big bump on my forehead. Someone from the pub brought me ice in a cloth napkin. The guy who owns the pub is also our tax guy. He had just said hello to me before I fell. Since it was a big street festival it was also full of firemen from the Hall down the block, parameds, and first aid attendants -- I was swarmed. So many attractive, fit young men!!! I really felt okay but one paramed suggested I go to hospital just because I had banged my head (and I was old although he didn't say that) They said they could call an ambulance but it might be faster if someone took me. I called my DH who had stayed home and he came on foot to fetch me. The car was nearby.

It wasn't too bad at BGH. I was seen promptly but a young intern who ran all kinds of tests -- touching my nose, his fingers..the usual. The ER doc following those tests figured I was okay but because and only because I take blood thinners he ordered CT. Got the all clear.

&*^^( - nothing I like better than a few hours in ER. I am fine. My left arm was stiff on Sunday, but it is fine now. I just have big bruise that can't see under my bangs and a few scrapes on my palms..

Funnily enough, I am booked for a DEXA bone density this Wednesday. It will be interesting to see how good my bones are.

Such is life!

• seeq
    seeq Member Posts: 1,166

Elderberry- so glad you didn't hurt yourself more than bumps and scrapes (and I'm guessing a slightly bruised ego). Here lately, I can walk just fine, but if there's something to trip over, I'll find it.

Rosie loved the birdies picture.

Gladis - loved that you took a nice daydream with you for pocket duty. What a wonderful thought!

I've had my daughter visiting for a few days, so I've been reading, but not posting. Now I can't remember all the thoughts I had to share.

It's pretty hot here - highs will be over 100°F all week. It will be nice to be able to go wade in the lake if we want to.

Still waiting for a final answer on the blood biopsy. Docs office finally submitted the medical justification (that I told them up front would be necessary). Now, the insurance company is closed for the new federal holiday in the US - I guess I'll just have to wait one more day. :-/

• livingivlife
    livingivlife Member Posts: 454

Elderberry- I'm sorry you fell like that and are bruised. I am picturing all those people attending to you! On Hastings street too!

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,051

so sorry for the fall. So glad it wasn't more serious. Sending healing thoughts. Love the bird pic.

Pocket duty for sure

• elderberry

Hi. Yes my pride was hurt more than my body. Thanks for the well wishes.

LivingIVLife: do you know that area of Hastings? It isn't like Hastings and Main!!

Everyone take care of yourselves.

• kbl
    kbl Member Posts: 2,950

Elderberry, so sorry you fell. I have tripped and fallen over my grandson three times since he’s lived with me, but, thankfully, I haven’t broken anything. I hope your forehead feels better.

I went to the emergency room last year because I used wipes and was having an allergic reaction. I had such a hot ER doc, and I was mortified he had to do an internal exam hahaha.

I’m not sure of those who knew Prairiesea (Kathryn), but sweet mojos informed us today she passed away June 8th. I’m so sad about that

• dodgersgirl
    dodgersgirl Member Posts: 1,902

Elderberry— ouch on the fall. Hope you recover quickly. Sounded very painful.

KBL— thanks for letting us know about PrairieSea’s passing. Condolences to her family. Sorry for your loss of a friend. C sucks

Micmel and Illimae— your paintings are pretty.

Illimae— your she shed looks nice from the outside photo you posted.

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,051

always sorry to hear of another sister being lost because of this beast cancer. May her family be as best as possible. Such a shame.

• mara51506

Elderberrry, so sorry to hear about the fall. So easy to trip on stuff you don't expect to be around. I am glad the bruising will be behind your bangs. My face still is not fully healed looking from the awful scrapes I got and my cheekbone feels indented still as well. May take a while to heal but glad you were checked out and released, may the arm feel better soon. People who are around are great in offering help to people to get up as well. Take care.

Going to be hot AF here too for the next few days. Humidity is gross. Going to test out the neck fan and UV umbrella in case I have to visit the store, we will see how it goes tomorrow. Might bring some water with ice cubes added. Gotta get used to the heat even if taking the bus.

• sf-cakes
    sf-cakes Member Posts: 609

Glad you're okay, Elderberry! Also glad lots of people rushed to help.

Prayers for Prairiesea and her family.

Hoping anyone waiting for scan results gets them soon and they are stable. Stable Mabel for everyone, please and thank you!

• elderberry

mara: I am totally fine now, other than the bruise which is now turning the usual green/brown. I hope you continue to heal too.

I am saddened to hear about PrairieSea. It seemed so sudden and fast. She had barely introduced herself.

• mara51506

KBL, so sorry for her family, friends and people here who knew her.

• mara51506

Well, nothing exciting happening here as far as I know, probably take a walk early this morning since it will be hot later. Tomorrow cannot totally avoid heat due to Herceptin but at least that is in morning. Just getting big load of laundry done now and in dryer before I go. Doing up my cardboard since garbage is being collected tomorrow. We got a note to put bags of garbage out front going forward which is fine by me as it will be collected. I don't have much faith that people won't still dump it out back though. Nothing too exciting on the breakfast front in my head yet, probably just a normal dish of baked beans. Not sure if seeing brother. Sometimes see him Thursday instead of Tuesday. After that, just housework and if itching for another walk, will take it inside on the treadmill.

In pockets of those who need it and hope all have a good day. Talk to you later.

• goldensrbest
    goldensrbest Member Posts: 723

elderberry - glad you are ok!. Falls are scary. At least once a month, sometimes more often, I have such a close call with falling down but somehow catch myself. My guardian angel is surely watching over me. God awful hot here 95+ today, but not nearly as hot as other parts of the country. My heart goes out to those who have to work outside in these brutal conditions. And for folks with no AC.

So sorry that another sister is no longer here. Damn, damncancer.