Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer

Comments

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,924

That's great news! Enjoy that burger and shake!

• elderberry
    elderberry Member Posts: 1,067

Mae: Good news on the scans. Enjoy that hamburger in celebration.

• runor
    runor Member Posts: 1,615

Mae: woot woot!

• seeq
    seeq Member Posts: 1,166

Hooray for Mae!

• sadiesservant
    sadiesservant Member Posts: 1,875

Awesome news Mae. I’m sure that shake will be extra sweet! Hooray!

• Kikomoon
    Kikomoon Member Posts: 358

Mae- very good news!! 🥳🥳

• sf-cakes
    sf-cakes Member Posts: 609

Mae, stable and decreasing, awesome! Burger and a milkshake, ooh, yes please.

My bone and CT scans came back stable, as well, thankfully (because I've got some things to do)! Weird teeny tiny translucent things randomly showing up in my lungs on one scan, gone on the next, MO thinks it likely isn't cancer but we will of course keep an eye on it. Ravioli from a great local restaurant to celebrate!

Keeping all who are struggling (with cancer, family, life, emotions, idiots, and general fuckery in the world) close in my heart.

• livingivlife
    livingivlife Member Posts: 454

Mae- Hooray Hooray!

Sf-cakes- wonderful news. Enjoy the ravioli!

• booboo1
    booboo1 Member Posts: 1,196

Yay Mae!!! I am SO happy for you. You go and get that burger and shake and enjoy every bite/sip!

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,167

Mae- Woohoo!!!! Celebrate!!!

sf-cakes- Awesome!!!!

We need good news. The news about BevJen has hit me hard. Cancer is scary--- it can change fast.

How is Moth doing? I am not on Instagram.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,549

Congratulation Mae and sf-cakes! Just FYI: Moth hasn't posted in the last days on Instagram.

• kbl
    kbl Member Posts: 2,950

It’s stable scan week, it seems. I’ll take it. I am also stable. I’m so happy for Mae and sfcakes.

Candy, I agree. It does seem to turn on a dime sometimes.

Hugs to all.

• dodgersgirl
    dodgersgirl Member Posts: 1,902

Congrats to those recently receiving stable scan results!!!

Puts a smile on my face to read good news.

• tanya_djamila
    tanya_djamila Member Posts: 1,537

Thanks for all the great scan news Mae SF Cakes and KBL. Wonderful to read 3 in a row!!

Thank you mods for Moth update. I looked and read through her posts but didn’t see anything new.

I also didn’t see anything new for Bev Jen.

Covid seems to be spreading up here in NY. I’m visiting family with a mask and can’t wait to get back to home safely. The rest of my travel plans I have to cancel bc of CDC warnings for travel overseas and I wouldn’t want to get stuck in a lockdown in another country. Better safe than sorry.

Candy you’re absolutely right about cancer everything can change so quickly.

Boo-boo I hope you are well. I am finding the cool evenings delightful up here in the north.

Take care all

Tanya

• emac877
    emac877 Member Posts: 688

I am scanned and tatted up for radiation therapy HappyThat went fairly smooth. No joke I now have a little black dot at the center and about six inches up from my lady bits but aside from that awkwardness all went well. I am having mixed feelings about this. I was told by the radiation tech that I have to stop my Verzenio four days before and four days after treatment. I was told by the RO to expect 6-10 sessions so depending on how those are spaced out I don't know how the timing of the meds works. That's stopping them for essentially a week. I don't know. The math doesn't work out for me so I have questions and a few concerns. The rad tech didn't know so I am expecting a call from the RO or the oncology nurse once I am actually scheduled to get started.

I don't know if you can see Instagram posts off Instagram or not but here is Moth's https://www.instagram.com/itisjustastage/. This was the story she posted there about an hour ago https://www.instagram.com/stories/itisjustastage/2883190657688296072/

Let me know if those don't work I can try to summarize if that seems like an okay thing to do. I don't want to talk for her.

• dodgersgirl
    dodgersgirl Member Posts: 1,902

emac— you mentioned those tattoo dots for rads, when I am asked if I have any tattoos, I always wonder if I am supposed to reply with, “yes, x number of dots due to rads”

Good luck with your rads. I can’t advise about pausing meds as my rads were prior to MBC treatments.

• candy-678

KBL- Woohoo to you too !!!!

emac- I tried your link for moth's Instagram. It says I must log in. I do not have an Instagram account. Can you summarize what it says? How is Moth doing? Is she on treatment still? Where was her progression? How is she doing?

• elderberry
    elderberry Member Posts: 1,067

runor: trying to catch up -- again. I dread the thought of packing up our nearly 38 years of accumulation. Not ready to leave the house and a great neighbourhood yet. Feet first in a box. But I live in an urban centre, close to all that "aging" requires. You aren't a Pioneer Woman now and chopping wood and hauling well water is just crazy. I am sorry about you DH but he needs to recognize he can't be jumping on/off ride-em mowers. I can't remember where exactly you live but you should look at a home closer to amenities and less plain hard work.

I can't find anything new on moth either. I don't have IG and her last blog is quite old.

emac: can you join the dots later and have a little picture of some sort? Like when you were a kid and connected dots to create the picture of a puppy.

Hi to everyone else.

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,051

I believe her. Platelets went up and she was able to receive chemo. That's what I got out of it. She's experiencing fatigue . She's hanging in there.

I have no update for bevjen.

Some congrats are in order for some stable news. Ladies. I needed good news. ! So happy for all! Enjoy the news all summer long and have a blast!

• emac877
    emac877 Member Posts: 688

In short Moth's story said that she was still very fatigued. Her platelets were up but unfortunately so were her liver labs. She's been having pain in her hip but she got in for a CT and there were no alarming results. They will follow with an MRI if the pain continues. Sounds like she had Cisplatin on the 14th with some steroids and anti-nausea meds and was able to join in a zoom meeting today with friends. She had a home health nurse come out to the house and they are now assigned to start regularly helping her. She said she was nervous about that because she felt like their work was about "leading you to the end" as she put it. I very much got the impression she is not giving up and is all in for treatment and keeping this cancer crap at bay. If anyone can Moth can.

Moth if you happen to check in and read that I hope I summarized your words well and with your full intent. You and BevJen are both very missed here and I hope that you both are surrounded by people and things that make you smile.

Congrats to Mae and KBL! We needed some good news!

My best friend in Portland, OR just texted me. She is 37 weeks pregnant and just tested positive for Covid. She and her husband both have it. They are two people who have been over the top cautious since this all began. The kind of people that wore masks outdoors and followed every recommendation. We are all vaxed and boosted and they have one more booster than I have at this point. How in the world? I am still social, go to the gym, church, and work in a Covid unit. I haven't gotten it. Knocking on all kinds of wood over here and throwing salt over my shoulder. Still, I'm scared for her. It's hitting her harder than it hit her husband and she won't let me anywhere near either of them. Sound like she will have to deliver without him there per hospital policy. Her parents are caring for their other daughter so they can't (she won't let them) come either. This whole virus just sucks and I'm so mad/sad/frustrated right now. She is sick but stable and the baby is healthy and full term so that is on her side.

• seeq
    seeq Member Posts: 1,166

Woohoo! Stable Mabel triplets! Great news for SF-Cakes and KBL!

• denny10
    denny10 Member Posts: 421

Happy dancing for stable mabels: Mae, and Sf-cakes, KBL. Great to hear some positive news.

• sondraf
    sondraf Member Posts: 1,679

Congrats to all the stable mables for this month!

Emac - thanks for the summary, I saw the story posted but I dont Insta and don't want to log in using partner's insta. I hope the chemo can help moth get back to a stable level. We love u moth!!

Covid is on the rise here too, and supposedly this new Centaurus strain or whatever they are calling it - the first sign is sore throat - although Omnicron is still widely available.

• goldensrbest
    goldensrbest Member Posts: 722

Great news for 3 stable results! Hope your celebrations were yummy!

Out of the blue I developed cellulitis on my right arm. Noticed it Thursday nite just b4 bedtime and by yesterday morning it had spread. Got in to see my internist who sent me out the door with antibiotics and instructions to run to ER if I get fever, chills or further spread of redness. It seems a little redder on one side but less so on the other. He said it should start getting better after a couple days of the meds. Sure hope so - very painful!

Happy weekend! 🤗🤗🤗🤗

• candy-678

Thank you emac for giving us an update on moth. After I posted my post, I looked up moth on here and saw her post on this Thread the other day. I had missed it. But it was gibberish. Could not make heads or tails of it. I thought "Oh my, she is not doing well". But it sounds from your summary that she is holding her own--- doing treatment, on Zoom call, and making sense. So glad to hear that. She is still struggling, but at least is still able to make sense--- I don't know why her post on here was the way it was.

Covid--- My sister had an indoor 4th of July thing for her husband's side of the family. 40 in attendance. To date, 5 got Covid, that I know of. Maybe more. But 5 confirmed. I did not go to the party, thank God. I am still pretty much a hermit in my house. I heard on the news that this variant will evade vaccines. I am so tired of Covid. It is scary.

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723

candy, I saw that post from moth and couldn't make heads or tails of it, either. I was worried (as we all are), but glad her latest post on IG was more coherent.

I'm glad to hear about the stable ladies, sorry about COVID wreaking havoc on some, and sorry for those with other "fun" stuff (cellulitis) thrown into the fray.

I'm dealing with stupid insomnia. Have tried so many options, but nothing has worked, so far. Maybe a sledgehammer?

Carol

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,051

with you on the insomnia! I also saw the post and wondered if the text editor failed her or what it was. But I kept trying to read it and make sense of it.

I think my tx is finally taking a tolll on my system and effecting my gastrointestinal function. Heartburn gas etc bloating. So I'm off to the doctors to see what the heck I'm dealing with now. Of course my mind goes to spreading. If it's progression. I guess there's. Nothing I can do. I just scanned four months ago. And had my best tumor markers to date. So once again this disease is the gift that keeps you wondering and. Keeps on giving. I'm trying to watch my diet to see triggers. I know as we age and menopause messes with our gastric system as well. So I guess I'll see. It is what it is. Nothing much I can do except be in pain. Everything I read says IBS or hormonal imbalances. I'm sure perhaps a colonoscopy is in my near future. such joy we all go through. Goodnight ladies. Sleep well it's our only place of peace.

• candy-678

Anyone for pocket duty list for this week-- week of July 17?

Pots- vertebroplasty Friday

Remember Moth and BevJen.

Mel- Going to doc for GI issues--- is that this week?

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,708

Congrats on stable ladies 🎉

We stopped for the night instead of arriving home at 2am, now coffee, then we hit the road again. I hope you all enjoy a relaxing Sunday

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,549

We too are here for pocket duty Medicating Moth and BevJen Medicating