Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer

Comments

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,167

Sorry for those that are struggling. Cancer is hard enough without all the other stuff. Booboo, KBL, NineTwelve thinking of you all.

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,708

Booboo, how distressing, disappointing and embarrassing, I’m sorry.

It’s been raining nearly daily for a week ( not much because it’s technically a desert) and the animals are loving it.

• kittykat9876
    kittykat9876 Member Posts: 420

Laurie I'm so sorry he did that to you, I'm glad you're with your family now for their love and support. kbl, I'm worried for when I can't take care of myself anymore, my daughter has said she wants me to live with her, but we've both been living alone for so long and set in our ways I'm not sure how it would work, I'm glad you've worked things out with your daughter.

In pockets for everyone with scans coming up, I see my oncologist next Thursday to see if Verzenio is working for me, I'm not hopeful, the lump on my neck doesn't seem to be getting any smaller and is tender to touch. Waving hi to everyone, and a special big hug to Mel, this cancer gig is a tough one, I'm glad we have each other for support. Try to have the best weekend you can, love from Cathie.

• kbl
    kbl Member Posts: 2,950

Goldens, thank you. Hugs back to you.

KittyKat, my daughter and I have a great relationship, and we all agree if my grandson was older, maybe five, he’d understand I can’t play with him a lot anymore. The fatigue has been crazy lately. I hope Verzenio is working for you. Please keep us posted.

Thank you, Candy.

Mae, glad the animals are happy. I love the times it rains when I’m going to bed. It’s so nice to hear the pitter patter on the roof

• livingivlife
    livingivlife Member Posts: 454

KBL- the new housing arrangement sounds like it is best for everyone. You will still be able to see your grandson monthly

Booboo- I'm sorry for your difficulty surrounding your OH. Obviously it was the perfect decision to move back to your family.

Kittykat- I know how people are set in their ways but under these circumstances I bet your daughter wouldn't have it any other way. I do hope your treatment is working for you. In your pocket for next Thursday with hugs.

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,051

my fatigue has been crazy lately also. So annoying…

• goldensrbest
    goldensrbest Member Posts: 723

Scans came back with no real changes - meaning no progression - thank you Lord. There was mention of something on my left shoulder in my bone scan which has not been addressed before. My thought is it’s probably more arthritis. Ortho already said that shoulder needed to be replaced. So tomorrow is my 67th birthday and I look at my body and say WTF. Just had a hip replacement and the other one needs replacing along with both knees and both shoulders. I lost 3.5 inches due to adult onset scoliosis. My new pain management doc scheduled an MRI of my thoracic and lumbar spine - it’s on Tuesday. I already know there is a bone spur at T10-T11 that is causing some problems along with severe stenosis in multiple parts of my back. No wonder everything hurts! And I can’t take Motrin because I only have one kidney and that works better than any opioid to reduce pain. Good grief🙄🙄🙄

• karenfizedbo15
    karenfizedbo15 Member Posts: 719

Dropping by…. Seems several of us have SEs which are getting on top on top of us. Fatigue ( the hit the wall kind), skin and bowel issues, sleeping, tanked blood counts,breathlessness and so on…. Same here ( on Vinorelbine now). I’ve been going for acupuncture and that definitely does help me. But I need to pace myself and nap almost daily now. As Mel says, incredibly frustrating. Very impressed by those of us keeping daily living going. In fairness I can still walk 4+ miles on a good day and keep the house decent. And I have brilliant support from friends and the ‘cancer community’ locally.

• candy-678

Goldens- Crazy, isn't it. I am 51 with arthritis in both wrists, both shoulders, back, and both hips. And I have not had x-rays of my knees, but they hurt too. I am having more ortho issues than cancer issues, for now that is. But, woohoo, on your stable cancer scans.

• micmel

Goldens~ yay for stable! Atta girl

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,454

Goldens, so happy you are stable, good news is great to hear.

I am also sorry to those struggling, will try to read and catch up. Most of the country in Canada who is on a particular telecom network for interent, phone and TV experienced a day long outage. I was quite upset, at first because my wellness checker could not check in but then thinking that my DB did not worry about it but I read the story this morning. Made me feel better and glad I did not go out. Feel sorry for the poor call center people who had to take those calls though. Hopefully everyone in Canada is back up and running.

• kbl

LivingIVLife, I definitely agree. Thank you.

Goldens, I’m so sorry for all the pain. Yay for stable.

Mel, I feel ya! I know the heat doesn’t help here. It’s exhausting.

Mara, sorry you had no check-in but glad service is back.

• mara51506

I am glad it is back, mostly the phone services. I had to really convince myself it was not just me but makes me wonder if a back up option is in order though our choices of phone and internet here are limited and networks are only connected to a couple of options. I am going to look into it. I did watch alot of movies and shows yesterday, mostly Curb Your Enthusiasm and The Golden Girls as well as Big Trouble in Little Chiny, cheesy but my favourite Kurt Russell movie.

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723

Just popping in to say "hi" to everyone. Stopped by yesterday and saw three pages of posts. Don't know how I got behind.

I can't remember everything, so I apologize for not mentioning each one - booboo, I do remember your post and I'm so sorry that OH was still doing this thing.

mara, The Golden Girls are like comfort food to me!

I hope everyone has at least a peaceful, incident-free weekend.

Carol

• tanya_djamila
    tanya_djamila Member Posts: 1,537

Hello ladies only Saturday and pages of posts. I don't remember everything but I'll try. If I forget to mention you it's this memory from treatment.

A/C update. DH (72 years old) climbed up in attic and used the wet back to vacuum some water that comes off of the A/C. I stood by to hand him stuff. That worked for a day and a half and then today it stopped working again. The teenage grandsons (3) stopped by so thankfully he instructed them and then this time went outside and unclogged the drain. He didn't do it the first time bc it was nighttime and then it got cool and he forgot. I hope this is it.

Goldens congrats on good scans. I hope your shoulder issue is resolved without more surgery.

Booboo yikes I'm so sorry OH showed his behind in front of family and friends. That's what alcoholics do drink and ruin lives. I hope he doesn't drive while intoxicated. You're living with a good decision for yourself.

Karenfizedo it was good to see you. I'm impressed you can walk 4 miles!

KBL it's good that you have boundaries with your daughter and a second house!!! My daughter is here with us and it all seems good but it's really not bc she's stuck in an idling position. I love the grand kids to death and I wish she would figure it out soon bc who knows how long we'll be here.

Mara your internet went out or phone service but your TV still works. That's interesting. A good day to stay home.

Candy it was nice to see you post I had missed you for a few days. I hope you and the kitties are doing well.

Mel for some strange reason I had energy for a few days-in spurts of course but I had family over for dinner last night. Everyone pitched in but I did a lot. Today I supervised my grandson putting in a flower bed. I will probably take a nap until tomorrow but oh well.

Sunshine, Emac, livingivlife, elderberry, Mae, DutchChris, Moth, and so many others waving hello.

I'm in for upcoming pocket duty. I'll bring some pineapple upside down cake. My pineapples are ripening.

Tanya

• livingivlife

Goldens- Happy Birthday 🎂 I hope today is going good for you without worrying about pain and the WTF has happened to your body!! Give those Goldens a big hug!

• kbl

Tanya, your grandkids are older I think age is a huge factor. Being three, he doesn’t realize I can’t play all day. Ugh. I’m sorry your daughter is stuck on idle.

• micmel

good morning lovelies. I hope we can have a good weekend. Love to all…. Hope… haven’t seen you either.

• candy-678

Lots for pocket duty this week---

Pocket duty for week of July 10---

Goldens- MRI spine Tuesday

Mara- CT Tuesday

SF-cakes--CT and bone scan Tuesday

Mae- Brain MRI Wednesday

emac- RO appointment Wednesday

KBL- CT Thursday

Kittykat- MO Thursday

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,708

Thank you Candy! Lots of pocket duty. I’ll bring a big jar of gumdrops 😁

• mara51506

Tanya, hope the A/C is running smoothly again and glad your grandsons were able to help. Too hot for sure to deal with no A/C. I did not have any services for over a day Friday and it is sporadic now. In Canada, we have three big companies for the most part that have huge networks across the country. A huge one went down across the country. No phone, no TV or internet. I watched movies I have digitized on a big hard drive which gave me something to do at least but it definitely sucked for a large portion of Canada, still in the news. Affected stores as well since cash is still treated as dirty and most people are not carrying cash anymore. I rebooted my modem and router and sites on the internet are loading properly now.

So my building now has a new property management company. Not sure if that means the previous one is no longer handling things or where to pay rent. Hopefully will get an email soon letting me know where and how to pay rent. Have not heard anything about whether renovictions are still happening or what. The building looks nice from the outside, big numbers showing the number, security camera. It is a red brick building and any siding was painted grey and trims were painted black as was the front door. Hoping the new people start cleaning it up and taking out trash. I am still putting out front to make sure mine goes at least, just have to follow the city schedule. I would also like it if they collect the bins out back regularly as well since at this point, I am the only one putting out trash on city collection day.

• kbl

Thank you, Candy. I’m in everyone else’s pockets as well with dark chocolate.

• sondraf
    sondraf Member Posts: 1,679

Ive got homemade pizza for the pockets! Wow - lots of ladies this week...

Its day 2 of this heat wave and I dont know how much longer I can take hearing OH hitting the "not as good" fan in the office because it starts to sound like a Chevy with a bad fan belt after a few hours. I told him just to buy a new one, but this one was kinda expensive and honestly probably just needs some WD-40 squirted somewhere. Good time to go for a walk I think.

HB Goldens!

• elderberry
    elderberry Member Posts: 1,067

mara: Rogers has a lot of explaining to do. An "update" of the servers that went spectacularly wrong. Most debit/visa machines couldn't do the debit part, People who rely only on the smartphones where shit out of luck. Three cities in Ontario had police stating if you needed to call 911 you had to use a landline. How would you now if you couldn't get an warning/update on your smartphone? Lots of people don't even have landlines anymore. I still do. I won't ever accidentally leave that phone at a coffee shop, have it fall out of my purse somewhere or get stuck between the seats in my car. I have a cell phone but it is mostly for calling BCAA or maybe when I am meeting up with friends and need to call them on route if I get lost or am late. Since the pandemic I haven't been meeting up with friends. There's only 38M of us and 11M+ were directly affected by the outage. All the major banks RBC, CIBC, TD and other couldn't do e-transfers and other financial stuff. WOW.

If freshening up the facade of your building is an indication of the new management, maybe they'll be better about addressing all the other issues.

sondraf: When I was working I had a little USB plug-in fan on my computer. It wasn't AC but it at least moved some air around my face.

• livingivlife

Candy- thanks for the list for this week. In everyones pocket with fries and gravy. It's going to be messy but I have a craving for it right now 😋

Sondra- I saw where it was warm watching Wimbledon this morning. I do hope you find a way to keep cool. We have a couple of heat pumps in our house which heats us in the winter and cools the house in the summer. I hate the heat.

• dodgersgirl
    dodgersgirl Member Posts: 1,902

I don’t “do” Insta. Wondering if anyone has heard from Moth in the last week or so?

Keeping her in my thoughts, as we all are.

• candy-678

Dodgers- I do not do Instagram either. I looked on here and Moth last posted June 30 (Triple Negative Thread) and was last logged in July 6.

Moth- Can you give us an update on how you are doing for those of us that cannot see your posts elsewhere (Insta or other social media sites).

• sf-cakes
    sf-cakes Member Posts: 609

Thank you Candy for remembering and posting about all our scans, I got a little teary seeing my name there with everyone else for this week (this MBC has messed with my emotional stability, lol). It's so incredibly helpful to be part of this community, it really REALLY helps me. Thank you ❤️

• Rosie24
    Rosie24 Member Posts: 1,026

in pockets for Goldens, Mara, SF-cakes, Mae, KBL, and Kittykat. I’ll bring lemondrops.

• emac877
    emac877 Member Posts: 688

I agree with the others Candy, thank you for the effort you put in to maintaining that list. I'm glad to hear you are stable.

Mara, thanks for the Stranger Things link. I finished it.

Laurie/Booboo - sorry to hear about your husband. I'm not married but my younger brother is an addict and a drinker and has caused a lot of family grief with that. Hugs and prayers to you. I'm glad you have a support system where you are now.

ninetwelve - Good to meet you. I think a lot of us here have different situations. Many are family related in some way, shape or form but not all. This group, I feel, is an extended family of sorts. We're all here because we share similar griefs and struggles so feel free to share and join in with anything. It's a welcoming group.

Mel- I empathize. Sometimes I have so many emotions surrounding the fall out of cancer it's a little overwhelming. I miss my old self and struggle with the changes too. Thank you for starting this group and opening up your "living room" to us. I have always envisioned this to be sort of like the show Friends. We just make our way in and out of your living room and flop on the couch. It's great.

I'm okay. Just working mostly. I see the radiation oncologist on the 13th to figure out radiating my sacrum. I'm still on the fence about it. It's not a terrible pain. Just a dull ache like I fell and bruised my tailbone. Not sure it's worth the risk of more rads but I will be anxious for his input on it.