Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer

Comments

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,051

OMG no I was posting at the same time. I'm so saddened. My god I hate This disease. May she Rest In Peace. No more pain sweet sister.

Thank you for letting us know, she did post here.

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,454

I am so sorry to hear about Bevjen, condolences are going to everyone here, other social media and of course her family and friends, it certain can change in a short space of time, poor thing, hope she was comfortable. She is at peace now, no more suffering. Thank you for letting us know Candy.

Mel, I am sorry you are dealing with gastric issues but glad they are slowing down for you.

As far as I go, the water is being shut off, set aside a ton of water and laundry done, heading to the mall to Walmart to see if I can find the southwest salad kit, could add this to a lot of stuff I am eating. I have also emailed the property managers again, time they get the intercom fixed. Let them know mail is important as it contains a lot of app'ts, that I don't drive so the post office is a bother and I am not asking my brother to collect mail as they close at 4 and he works. I also said it is a safety issue if a nurse ever had to visit and I could not let them in. I don't have one but they do not know that.

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,708

damnit, so sad to here about bevjen. She PM’d me last month about Enhertu as her next line. I know she had a CT recently and was in the hospital for an eye issue, possibly related to brain mets but I honestly thought this was just a treatment change.

• kittykat9876
    kittykat9876 Member Posts: 420

I'm so sorry to hear about Bevjen, sending my condolences to her family and friends.

• mocogram
    mocogram Member Posts: 94

So sad to hear about BevJen's passing. She was a kind and caring person. May she rest in peace.
  • mocogram
    mocogram Member Posts: 94

So sad to hear about BevJen's passing. She was a kind and caring person. May she rest in peace.
  • livingivlife
    livingivlife Member Posts: 454

so sad to hear of Bevjens passing. May she rest in peace.

I have my daughter and fiance out here which has been a godsend. Rob has fixed our wooden deck steps and restained the deck. He is now working on our garage door opener. My husband took sick on Sunday with cold like symptoms and found out today he has covid. He is staying in the front part of the house. I have had a sore throat so I hope I don't get it. My husband had all 4 vaccinations so really ticks me off.

Mara- it's always good to have a plan B just in case your housing situation changes

Mel- I do hope you will feel much better soon.

Waving hello to all of you!

• goldensrbest
    goldensrbest Member Posts: 722

Another sister gone - be with the angels bevjen. Peace to all your family and friends. Peace to all of us

• booboo1
    booboo1 Member Posts: 1,196

Oh man…BevJen…what a gut punch. She was such an inspiration. She was always there to bounce things off of or just let you vent. She was a very special lady. No more tears, no more pain. May you rest in eternal peace.

• elderberry
    elderberry Member Posts: 1,067

Sunshine: the French spoken in Morocco bore little resemblance to the French I learned in school. My DH's High School French got him by. We met up with some Parisienne's --- ah ha -- a French I recognized. My Quebecois friend called Parisienne French "pointy", like when we call a particular upper class London, England accent as "Plummy"

Getting so hot here. Too hot for the Wet Coat. Humidity could be worse but --- I am just not good in 30+ C . Today for you Fahrenheit folks --- it is going to feel like 98 or more. Fans blowing in every room. We have those little "As Seen On Tv" Artic Chill mini swamp coolers. They work pretty well. The only ones who are happy are my tomatoes.

I am back to rubbing my cat down with a wet wash cloth. He likes it and will stay on my lap while I run the washcloth backwards over his fur. Then he lies by one of the fans.

I have to keep changing the bird bath water. It get the southern sun all day and it gets so warm I could bathe in it if I was small enough.

• mara51506

Yeah, the heat is stupid. I sweat today and I mostly walked in the mall and took the bus. It was only 30 humidex. Next week, shows a few days approaching 40 with the humidity. Thankful for my air, I don't get a lot of sun and not on the top floor of the building. Elderberry, can you get an AC for the window or your house? I think there are going to be more heat events in BC in the future. I will definitely only venture out in the morning unless I have no choice.

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,167

******Update on BevJen-----

They posted on the Liver Met Thread that she may not have passed yet. They reported she stopped treatment on July 13 and is in the hospital. They are trying to confirm the information.

• elderberry

Hi: on the liver mets thread I apologized for having misread an older post and passed on the wrong information. I am sorry about causing people grief.

Thanks, Candy, Nicole: Get back to us when you have an update.

• elderberry

mara: no AC in the house. We coastal living folks are all looking at getting proper AC's. I think this will be a common event now. Right now the mini swamp coolers are doing their thing. I don't venture out after 10:30 a.m. If the basement renos ever get finished we can sleep down there on hot nights.

The reno end is now in sight. We did everything "by the book" so there were regular visits from the City of Burnaby inspectors - plumbing, wiring, the framing plans. Everything took so much time. The bathroom is now getting the shower stall tiled. The floor can go in and then we can movie in the new vanity, mirror, shelving.

• mara51506

Elderberry, I am glad you are at least able to use something to stay cool. I am used to stupid humid heat though it hits me harder lately I must admit, glad I have somewhere cool to live and sleep, I use one small window unit and blow the air with a Vornado. Keeps cool air here but I do think more places which did not deal with heat are going to need AC just to survive. The year I remember here was when the humidex was 53, temp was over 40. That was the summer of 1995. When it was that hot, I actually went to our unfinished basement, concrete floor and slept on a blanket to sleep. I was young so did not wake up sore. We did not have air until Mom and I moved into an apartment that came with it. Could not survive without it either.

• candy-678

******UPDATE ON BEVJEN*******

She did pass. Here is her obit. Posted on the Liver Met Thread

https://www.tributearchive.com/obituaries/25365197...

• molliefish
    molliefish Member Posts: 650

Ladies, I'm very sad to hear that BevJen has passed away, with children and a husband left to mourn her.

Today my grandmother passed away. My maternal grandmother was 101 years 11 months and 17 days old. She persevered through the 1920 pandemic, the second world war, Korea, Vietnam and the Cold War. She saw the first few motorized cars, telephones, television, radio, microwaves, gasoline and electric cars, cell phones and the internet. She was exciting and loved to have fun. She loved darts, euchre and cribbage. In 2019 she travelled by car across Canada from Ontario to Vancover Island and back to see the wedding of my oldest brother's daughter on August 10, and after, stopped at a dinosaur museum on the 19th of August to celebrate her 99th birthday. She thought that was quite ironic and entertaining. From her I learned to have fun and seek the fun there is to be had. She will be missed but most of all, she is a treasure to behold and be held. We don't know that we're going to get. and when my MO told me I had cancer in 2015, it told him, about My Grandmother and he had a lot to live up to, and I have high expectations. She was and is a gem. Love to all xoxoxo

• sf-cakes
    sf-cakes Member Posts: 609

Candy, thank you for sharing BevJen's obituary, may her soul be at peace. ❤️

• mara51506

What an amazing life and career, she will be missed by all. My condolences to her family and friends here and everywhere.

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,708

That was a lovely and impressive obituary. I’d love to have heard some conversations from the healthcare litigator with insurance companies, I bet she could really let them have it.

Molliefish, your grandmother sounds amazing, what a life full of incredible wonders. I’m sorry for your loss.

• seeq
    seeq Member Posts: 1,166

Molliefish - I'm very sorry for your loss. It sounds like your grandmother was a 'character' as my mom would have said. As it happens, your grandmother and my mother were born only a few months apart, though my mom has been gone many years. It's amazing when you think of the times and changes they lived through.

It's not surprising to learn that BevJen was truly a remarkable woman IRL. We were fortunate that she shared some of that with us.

• kittykat9876

These are called the Pinnacles they are amazing, they are spread over about a 4 mile radius, they are limestone deposits from sea shells that were broken down into lime rich sands and were carried inland by wind toform high mobile dunes and then formed pillars that can be up to 12ft high.image

• kittykat9876

We are having a great time exploring the Western Australian coastline

• livingivlife
    livingivlife Member Posts: 454

Kittykat- that is amazing. It shows the beauty that mother nature can create all by herself. Enjoy exploring !

• mara51506

Molliefish, I am sorry as well to hear about your grandmother's passing. What an amazing span of time to live in with so many inventions, times changing, history and everything else she lived through. I am glad you had your grandmother for so long. My condolences to your family.

I am planning a walk around the block before 8am so as to avoid the heat. Any other exercise will be indoors. I will be sitting on my hands as I have been sending about two to three emails regarding the intercom. I really resent having to take the bus to check for mail when most often it is flyers. May only check it every couple of weeks if it takes that long. I was emailed they are waiting for a part, we will see. I would have just purchased a new one but that is me.

I did eat up the southwest salad kit, unfortunately, did not like the southwest dressing, pretty expensive mistake. I did just use the mini corn chips, cheese and romaine, used my own caesar dressing. It did taste good but again, too expensive for my taste. I did like the rotini pasta summer salad. It was good, in future if purchased will make up some of my own rotini dried pasta, mix it all in and put some salad dressing to bind up.

• candy-678

Kittykat- Glad you are enjoying yourself.

• micmel

molliefish~I am sorry for your loss. That is quite amazing to live that long. I hope you're family finds peace knowing how amazing she was. To live quite a life. I'm sending hugs.

Bevjen~ was also quite a woman. Impressive accomplishments and I am sure was pretty darn amazing woman to her family and those who were lucky enough to know her. May she Rest In Peace. I am thinking of her family. May they also find peace somehow. No more pain no more struggle just no more cancer.

Also thinking about Moth. She had her nails done and she loves them. They look so pretty. It’s the little things.

• micmel

Kittykat~how amazing is that!? Good for You traveling. I’m so jealous. Lovely pics. Wanna be where that water is. Love the beach. But can’t take the heat anymore. Splash around for me. Have a blast. Live it up.

• micmel

supposed to heat up here again too Mara. Today is DH golf league day. He’s gonna need two showers. Lol.

• Rosie24
    Rosie24 Member Posts: 1,026

BevJen sounds like an interesting person, for sure. I’m glad we had a chance to get to know her through the boards here. 🌺

Molliefisfish, I’m sorry for your loss of your grandmother. 🌺

Tanya, I hope your trip for your brother’s wedding is a nice family occasion and the other part in Germany or Italy is nice too.

I’ve been pretty busy with various scans and appointments, mostly for the trial. Others are to figure out why I have new new back and leg pain. I feel like someone would think I’m a drunk person the way I walk with a goofy limp. DH says he doesn’t notice anything. The latest (from pet scan) is that my back and hip areas are loaded with mets. Doc recommends going off the trial and onto Halaven, which could work with back and liver together. Btw, the trial drug was showing good results with the liver. DH and I also decided to cancel our cruise for the end of August. He was really looking forward to going, andso was I. We decided getting my chemo going and the fact that I can hardly walk at times was more important. This appointment hit us hard.