Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer

Comments

• dodgersgirl
    dodgersgirl Member Posts: 1,902

BooBoo1– thank you for the info. Thank you for sharing

I am keeping you in my prayers. Hope your palliative teams hits the right combination to tamp down the pain.

Gentle hugs going out to you.

• dodgersgirl

kbl— loves the ocean photo. Thanks for posting!

Being at a shore is a bucket list item for me. Sadly, SE from various treatments keep me land locked. Sigh So seeing photos of the ocean is the best I can do (for now)

So beautiful.

• booboo1
    booboo1 Member Posts: 1,196

Dodgers,

Thank you. You are very sweet. And yes to prayers. God is always working upstream, so I will try to be patient with my onc. I do not have a palliative care team, and I think that’s part of the problem. I am sure there are better ways to treat cancer pain but oncologists (not all) typically use Oxy to treat pain. Unfortunately, as I said, it will not touch nerve pain, so I wish I had a palliative care team who is better at dealing with the med side of this disease.

Anyway, thanks again. It feels so good to be able to bounce things off each other here. Mel’s living room is my favorite room!

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,454

Laurie, I'm sorry that your pain is still severe. Can they or has a nerve block been suggested? Maybe you can ask unless you already have. In your pocket.

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,051

KBL~ great pic. Love the beach. Would love to go back to the beach.

No ultra sound. But scan of my abdomen and intestines pancreas, gall bladder etc…. On a clear liquid diet. Absolutely miserable. I’m hungry.

• mara51506

Oh, Mel, I am so sorry. I hope they find the issue and fix it for you, it would be miserable and in pain and hungry on top of it even though eating would trigger more pain. In you pocket as well offering support.

I am going to ease back on the food posts til Mel is feeling better since she is hungry, least I can do to remain sensitive. Once she gives the go ahead that she has recovered I will resume.

Not doing much, getting laundry done, wash soda baked up as well, mobile games and surveys for cash and cooking a meal. Planning treadmill walks since it is so hot, got nothing I need to go out for either so it will be split between laundry, exercise and got to put the romaine in freezer as I have not done that yet.

• micmel

Mara~ sweetheart no need to stop the food postings. Lol I enjoy them honestly.

The kicks keep coming. My older sister found out yesterday she has lymphoma. More cancer. To hate.

• elderberry
    elderberry Member Posts: 1,067

mel: Geez - the hits just keep on coming!! I hope your sister will do well with treatments. Family bonding through "Stories From Cancerlandia"

KBL: lovely photo. It reminds me that I live only a few miles from the Pacific Ocean. Why am I not there all the time, or at least occasionally?

Waving "hi" to all

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723

Just stopping by to say good morning to all. I so wish we could declare a SE-free day. ANY kind of SE. Just a day filled with perfect peace and contentment. I'm so tired of all of this.

Love and hugs to all,

Carol

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,167

Mel- I am sorry to read about your sister. Life is so hard.

• kittykat9876
    kittykat9876 Member Posts: 420

Mel, I'm so sorry to hear about your sister, sending her and you healing energy.

• kbl
    kbl Member Posts: 2,949

Mel, I’m so sorry you’re still having stomach issues and really sad to hear about your sister. I’m thinking about you both.

Thank you all for enjoying my picture. I too live 15 minutes away and barely go to the beach. I think it’s like anything else. We take it for granted after living near it for so long. I have been there 53 years.

• dodgersgirl

Micmel— very sorry for your sister’s DX. May she have successful treatments.

Sending you hugs.

• mara51506

Mel, I am so sorry to hear about your sister as well, may she kick its butt to the curb. Healing thoughts to all in your family and you as well.

Though my day was not SE filled, it was depressing none the less. I am not depressed for a particular reason I do not think, used to being on my own, not wanting a group, would like to lose some weight but even my weight gain does not have me depressed. I can just be sitting and all of a sudden my mind will go back to elementary school and the fact I had no friends and was bullied constantly or high school which was the same crap. Miserable times, gave my older DB the yearbooks from high school and said he could burn or throw them out, did not want reminders. My mind was doing that today until I finally occupied with a show on Disney Plus called Under the Banner of Heaven, about murder in the Mormon community back in the 80's. Now I feel silly for reliving those painful years because they were over 40 years ago some of them. Overall, just need to start being serious about eating better and weight loss with more exercise and the exercise to keep my spirit up instead of down for really no real reason at all. I don't feel like this everyday thankfully but it is debilitating when it hits.

• elderberry
    elderberry Member Posts: 1,067

mara: Sometimes it is good to revisit things. It helps understand why we behave the way we do. Sometimes it is just picking off a scab. There is a Japanese expression which I once knew which I have since forgotten but the gist was "Put all that crap and pain in box and put it on a shelf" You don't dispose of it, but you just don't open it up and look at it. It isn't the same as denial.

I hope you will be in better spirits soon.

• santabarbarian
    santabarbarian Member Posts: 2,311

Mel I send you a hug and hope the best for your sister.

Wishing love to all.

SB

• goldensrbest
    goldensrbest Member Posts: 722

Mel - So sorry about your sister’s dx. Cancer keeps kicking our butts. No relief. Hugs to both of you🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗. In fact hugs to everyone here - we sure need it through our discomfort and pain.

• candy-678

Hello all.

Pocket duty list for the week of Aug 1--

Sondra- MO Monday

NineTwelve- Rads this week

And remember Mel- GI issues, Booboo- pain issues, Mara- house issues, Kittykat- pain issues, Livingivlife- Covid, Sondra- Covid, and anyone else I forgot (sorry).

• mara51506

Candy, thank you for the pocket duty. I am not bad so far today.

Mel, still sending healing thoughts to your family and you too.

Elderberry, you are right, past does inform the future for sure. I have become stronger through life and I am sure it will keep me learning all way.

• tanya_djamila
    tanya_djamila Member Posts: 1,537

This is my brother driving, not the groom to the wedding. The young girls are old friendsimage

• mara51506

I washed a big blanket in a long time, realized you cannot just use a wash wand in the portable spinner. Purchased a couple of tub stoppers and will wash it in the bathtub and somehow use the panda spinner in place of the portable washer and spinner. Probably just bring it to bathroom, put on bench and drain into a 2 gallon bucket after squeezing as much water out as possible. The wee laundry room we have here is in bad condition, door does not shut at all now since laundry was installed in the other units and not interested dragging large blankets around by bus.

I noticed I got a huge garbage can out back. Not planning to use it at all because it is too big and awkward, will continue leaving my recycling and a bag or two of garbage. With my lack of balance, will not be able to lug that outside every week with my lack of balance. Might bring it in, clean it out and figure out a storage option instead since I already collect garbage to be taken in a rubbermaid tote, We will see, figure I can use it as a boost to existing storage or store recycling in the closet until it is ready to take out. I will measure closet first and figure it out. I just don't trust people not to deposit their own garbage in there. Going out to fetch it now.

Edited to add, the can will not fit in my apartment and I did find some garbage in there, flipped it over as I cannot see someone flipping it over to use it. I told them here that I don't want or need a can, bags are picked up which work better for me. Will check out back on the daily to make sure it is kept upside down.

• kbl
    kbl Member Posts: 2,949

Tanya, what a great picture. You look so happy. Enjoy.

• booboo1
    booboo1 Member Posts: 1,196

Tanya,

He is very handsome. Just like his sister is beautiful, both inside and out. You look happy, and that makes me happy. Enjoy the wedding, your family, and traveling again. Miss you!

• micmel

thank all of you ladies.

Tanya~ what a smile he has so wonderful to see, thank you for sharing. Have a blast. You’re amazing. Honestly you truly are. Travel queen!

Love to all

Thank you Candy

• mara51506

Love how happy you all look Tanya, everyone looks so nice together and the outfits on you and the girls are wonderful. Glad you are enjoying yourself so much.

• livingivlife
    livingivlife Member Posts: 454

Tanya what a great picture! You all look so happy!

• sondraf
    sondraf Member Posts: 1,679

Tested positive on LFT yesterday morning. What a bummer. So far this just feels like a bad head cold - I had very light fever last night but otherwise just have sinuses full of snot draining down my throat and causing me to cough now and then. I had a far worse virus ten years ago with similar sickness profile. Probably won't be offered paxlovid, though honestly, after reading potential interactions with olaparib and dose down adjustments, I would rather not take it if I dont have to.

Cancelled MO appt and will go in next week if I test negative by then. Otherwise feel pretty good in the rest of the body below the head, thinking Ill take a walk to get some air later. If I cared enough about my job I would work this morning but since I already have the time blocked off for MO appointments, may as well take a sick day!

• denny10
    denny10 Member Posts: 421

hi sondraf, I hope you recover quickly and dont need the anti virals. Who needs the added complications of disrupted treatments and appointments? Wishing you a quick negative test result.

• candy-678

Sondra- Hope you feel better soon. Complications with Lynparza?! I need to read about that. I too am on Lynparza. I don't know if they would suggest Paxlovid for me if I got Covid, or even if it is available in my area, but I have been thinking I would take it if offered. I had not read about the interactions. Hum... What had you heard about it?

• micmel

Sondra ~Hope you feel better soon. Rest up keep hydrated. Recover soon I certainly hope it's quick thing. Virtual hugs.