Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer

Comments

• livingivlife
    livingivlife Member Posts: 454

another beautiful picture Mel! Are you framing them and hanging them up? What a great way to relax your mind.

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,454

Mel, I truly believe that if we wait for people and furry family, we will get to see all of them again. I know this comforts me when I think about passing on, I want to see Mom and Dad, my furry pets Peppermint Patty, Lucy, Dippy, who also had breast cancer, Cleo, Bogart as well as Marmalade and Miss Kitty. I imagine everyone up there welcoming me.

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,167

Well my Dad went into the Nursing Home late Friday afternoon. We did some of the most pressing paperwork, but, due to the weekend, and then me being busy Monday with my scans, I will have to finish the paperwork Tuesday. The doctor makes rounds Tuesday morning, so I want to be there for that. Dad is confused at times, but lucid some too. He wants me to take him home, which I cannot do. It has been difficult. I have been reading your posts, but cannot pause my mind to respond to all of you individually.

Pocket duty list for week of Aug 14---

Candy (me)- Scans, labs, MO, and injections Monday

Anyone else?

• mara51506

In your pocket Candy for your and your Dad's as well, it will be a big adjustment for him and I am glad you are able to be there for him. Also in your pocket for an extended time while you are looking after your Dad's needs as well.

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,708

Jumping in the pocket too 😀

Got home around 2am Friday and spent the last couple of days relaxing like these guys.

We’re expecting weather in the 70’s this week, so I plan to get lots of bar stuff done.

• Rosie24
    Rosie24 Member Posts: 1,026

Candy, in your pocket for your scans and results, etc on Monday. Hoping for no change. Also in your pocket as you settle your dad at his nursing home and get all the forms taken care of. It sounds like a lot coming up for you

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,923

Candy, My sympathy. I placed my DH in memory care last week. He hadn't settled in yet on Friday, I'm going to see him today again. Trying to decide whether to go this morning or afternoon. I think he may be better in the afternoon.

It's hard but he really wasn't safe at home with me. The house sale closes on the 30th so I'm frantically going through files and tossing things.

• mara51506

Mae, beautiful horse picture, I am planning to go out more during the week. Decided its cheaper to take the bus to the grocery stores, 5 days a week if I want to get what I need. Our weather is similar to yours.

Today has been about trying to whiten a gray cloth that should be white, pretty sure it came up when I wiped off the exercise mat the washer sits on when in the tub, next time will use a brown cloth and wash immediately after. Used a bleach soak but nothing happened, oxiclean white revive lifted it some as well but still not satisfactory. I think I will soak the cloth periodically but not worry so much about it.

My first meal of the day is basic. Took 3/4 cup black beans and microwaved them for 75 seconds, took them to the frypan to sit on low. While on the frypan, added onion powder, taco seasoning, too much wheat bran and italian seasoning. I also added queso and left it on low heat for a few minutes. Added a bit of sour cream as well and it was delicious.

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723

Good morning, all. Candy, praying your dad will begin to feel settled soon. This must be so hard.

wren44, I hope the same for your dad. You certainly have a lot going on with the house sale on top of everything else.

mae, glad you're safely home. Love the picture (except for the fire danger part.)

mara, as I used to ask my mom every day - what are we eating today???

Happy Sunday (I think it's Sunday) to all. I've slept better the past three nights. Not perfectly, but better. I'll take it.

Carol

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,051

I looked on Instagram and I believe our moth has passed on Friday August 12 at her home. Her daughter is devastated and cannot handle writing right now. I feel So saddened by this our sweet loving sister. May you Rest In Peace with no more cancer. Fly Sweet friend. Hugs and love to your daughter. I'm so very sorry for your incredibly heavy loss.

• 50sgirl
    50sgirl Member Posts: 2,071

It is sad to read that Moth has passed. She was a special person who shared her knowledge and support to so many others on these boards. I wish peace and comfort to her family and friends. Rest In Peace, Moth.

Mel, thank you for sharing this news with us

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,548

Love and peace sweet, smart Moth. Sending strength to her family.

• cm2020
    cm2020 Member Posts: 530

Fly high with the Angels Moth. I am incredibly sad at her passing. I am sending all my love and sympathy to her family.

• kbl
    kbl Member Posts: 2,949

I just looked on Instagram because I had a feeling while I was cooking. I am so sad to hear this. I am forever grateful to her daughter for letting us know. RIP, dear Margaret.

• elderberry
    elderberry Member Posts: 1,067

My deepest sympathy for her family and close friends. A bright, beautiful spirit taken away.

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,708

Thanks Micmel for telling us, I just saw the post myself. Such a loss.

• mara51506

Carole, I debated ordering pizza as I did well with the surveys and would have had enough to pay for it. I changed my mind as it is too expensive. I will just do my regular meals and use the different seasonings I have. If I want multi ingredient meals, will use smaller portions. Just got a genius idea for some hamburger buns which is spreading some bush refried beans on toasted garlic bun, sounds like a good meal or snack. I will save my actual hamburgers to make other things with.

• cookie54
    cookie54 Member Posts: 828

Another amazing woman taken too soon.May her soul rest in peace. Condolences to her family

• dodgersgirl
    dodgersgirl Member Posts: 1,902

Micmel— thanks for posting. I am one of those who doesn’t have Instagram.

So sad to learn of Moth’s passing.

My deepest sympathies to Moth’s family and friends.

Moth touched so many people here and will leave a hole in our hearts.

Sigh.

• livingivlife
    livingivlife Member Posts: 454

thank you Mel for letting us know of Moths passing. A beautiful spirit has now flown. May her family find comfort in knowing how many lives she had touched

• Rosie24
    Rosie24 Member Posts: 1,026

So sorry that Moth is another one we have lost here. 😢.

• dancemom
    dancemom Member Posts: 407

I'm sorry to read this. Peace to her, her family, loved ones and friends -in person and virtual.

• murfy
    murfy Member Posts: 258

Heartfelt condolences to Margaret's family. May she now rest in peace...

• trishyla
    trishyla Member Posts: 698

Oh, wrenn44. I'm so sorry to hear you had to place your husband in a Memory Care facility and that you're selling your home. That's a lot to have to deal with all at once. It must be lonely with your DH gone. I hope you have a good support system around you. Sending hugs as you deal with this difficult transition.

Trish

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723

Dear, sweet moth... May she truly rest in peace and may her family find comfort. Cancer is so unfair!

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,548

Amen to that.

• emac877
    emac877 Member Posts: 688

Micmel - Thank you for posting. I am sitting here trying not to cry and failing. I always looked forward to Moth's posts. She was insightful, funny and charismatic. Her reels on Instagram were great too. I have no words. I'm just feeling a little gutted at the moment and in that same moment I am also really happy for Moth that she is free from all of this.

• emac877
    emac877 Member Posts: 688

Thank you for letting us know about Moth. I'm sitting here trying not to cry and failing. She will be missed. Her posts were smart, funny and charismatic. I enjoyed her instagram reels for the same reasons. I am sad to have lost her and in the same way am so happy she is free now from pain and all of this.

• kittykat9876
    kittykat9876 Member Posts: 420

RIP Dear Margaret, sending my condolences to her family, she will be sadly missed.

• mara51506

While I am glad she is at peace finally, I feel sad for us, her family and friends. Condolences to her family. She will be missed.