Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Lita57

Options

Comments

• artistatheart
    artistatheart Member Posts: 1,437
    Options

Gorgeous photo Lita! We'll hear that bell ring across the land....

• PHOTOGIRL-62
    PHOTOGIRL-62 Member Posts: 274
    Options

Lita, ring the bell so I can hear in in NY. You look great. I love your picture. Thinking of you always.

Hugs. Anit

• Wendy3
    Wendy3 Member Posts: 872
    Options

Lita you will be fine with the Taxol one tip I got from a fellow MBCer who had had Taxol before when you get home put your feet in an ice bath for a bit helps,to stave off SE. I never got sick once on Taxol and you are doing everything else right in my book staying active and getting those CBDs into you. Big hug from Canada

• Lita57
    Lita57 Member Posts: 2,338
    Options

Wendy...I'm also looking into get some ICE BOOTIES, too, but I certainly will stick my feet in ice water when I get home. I already have carpal tunnel (CT) and chose not to do the surgery because if you don't have a TOP surgeon, you can end up worse than when you started out. My friend is a retired nurse, and she's had THREE botched CT surgeries in EACH wrist and is now totally disabled because of it. I take B6 and B12 for my accompanying CT and wear full wrist braces at night to sleep. So far, I'm doing okay with the CT with only minimal numbness and loss of feeling in my finger tips, but I certainly don't want to lose any more feeling if I can help it.

• babs6287
    babs6287 Member Posts: 1,619
    Options

Lita. When I did taxol at Mskcc they had me ice 15 minutes before and after the infusion. I had special ice holders for both areas. I didn't have neuropathy until 1 month ago- way after I was on taxol. This damned disease is so weird!

Babs

• nkb
    nkb Member Posts: 1,561
    Options

A pathways study in 2017 showed that obesity, low levels of exercise, and taking antioxidants with taxol made the neuropathy worse at 6 months and 24 months post treatment. Another reason to keep moving!

• Lita57
    Options

Ringing my bell with my DH, who has been my source of strength and support thru all the sessions and 'roid rages.

L

• JFV
    JFV Member Posts: 341
    Options

Oh Lita ! What a fabulous picture ! So happy to see you ring that bell ! Tell your husband the cancer ladies say Hi

• AnimalCrackers
    AnimalCrackers Member Posts: 542
    Options

Just look at you!!   Woooo Hoooo!  Wish we could see dh's face though!  I guess he's shy LOL.

You inspire us all!  Love you Lita!

• Southernsurvivor
    Southernsurvivor Member Posts: 569
    Options

So happy for you to be done - really cute pic! Wow - that mask looks like an old hockey goalie mask - love that you & DH still have a sense of humor!
  • Kandy
    Kandy Member Posts: 424
    Options

Lita, thanks for asking about me. I go for the port films tomorrow and start rads on Monday. I just about can't wait and hope it helps. This morning was intolerable, it literally had me in tears. I didn't get it under control till mid afternoon. I'm praying rads does some good. You look great, praying for you every day.

• nkb
    Options

Lita- your DH looks familiar. (JK) He seems like a very special person and I'm so glad he is by your side.

• pajim
    pajim Member Posts: 930
    Options

Ding, ding, ding, ding, ding!!

• sandibeach57
    sandibeach57 Member Posts: 1,387
    Options

Oh Kandy, I am so sorry you are in pain.

• artistatheart
    artistatheart Member Posts: 1,437
    Options

Your hubby is indeed a DH!

• babs6287
    Options

Lita. Love the picture. Love that you're done and love your DH being your rock

Babs

• PHOTOGIRL-62
    Options

Lita, You are too funny. I love the pic!! I thought I heard the 🔔 in NY. Just kidding. Good luck and I hope you get the treatment so you can keep making us all SMILE!!

Hugs,

Anita

• Lita57
    Options

Off to pick up my wigs today. SillyHeart

• Lita57
    Options

My favorite, so far.

• Lita57
    Options

DD doesn't like this one, but I like it because it's darker and I have options (picked this one up yesterday).

• Wendy3
    Wendy3 Member Posts: 872
    Options

Love this one Lita looks great.😘

• annoyingboob
    annoyingboob Member Posts: 459
    Options

gorgeous!! You definitely look great as a brunette in fall colors - suits your skin tone!! The blonde is for the days when you feel more va-va-voom!!

• Artista928
    Artista928 Member Posts: 1,458
    Options

Congrats on ringing that bell! I love the darker wigs. You have a skin tone where you can wear all the ones you posted pics on. Hope you have a nice restful great weekend. xxx

• sadiesservant
    sadiesservant Member Posts: 1,875
    Options

Lita, I have yet to see you in a wig that doesn't look great. I think it's the smile!

BTW, heard that bell on the west coast of Canada. You have quite the arm! Well done.

Hugs. Pat(2

• zarovka
    zarovka Member Posts: 2,959
    Options

Your favorite is my favorite. It is awesome.

>Z<

• chisandy
    chisandy Member Posts: 11,317
    Options

Lita, I heard that bell here in Chicago. Both wigs look great--no reason you can't be a honey blonde one day and a brunette the next. Long hair, even. You are gorgeous no matter what you wear!

• babs6287
    Options

Lita your bell was heard here in NYC!!! All the wigs look great on you!

Babs

• Lita57
    Options

Lunch at Jack's with one of my oldest and dearest friends. We met in high school and have known each other for over 40 years. Going to our class reunion next weekend.

• nkb
    Options

Two beautiful and vibrant faces. Love the hat also.

• PHOTOGIRL-62
    Options

Two beautiful people. Friends for that long is rare. You look great Lita. Enjoy your reunion and stay strong!!

Hugs, Ani