Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Lita57

Options

Comments

• zarovka
    zarovka Member Posts: 2,959
    Options

We are all hoping for the best while you prepare for the worst. We got this covered Lita. ... you got this.

>Z<

• lalady1
    lalady1 Member Posts: 530
    Options

Lita - wishing you luck on round #8. I like the first wig too, but would try to spike it and/or highlight it to reflect more of your inner spunk -which you share so freely with us. Your own hair rocks - and you made it to the concert. Bravo. I am seeing David Foster play next month.

• Mominator
    Mominator Member Posts: 1,173
    Options

Lita,

This came up in my memories section today, and I thought of you. They're called MozART Group!! 

(It's not Mozart, it's actually Georges Bizet's opera Carmen.)

https://www.facebook.com/EncoreUnTour/videos/1071434052905301/

This was from their tour last year. 

Enjoy!! 

• artistatheart
    artistatheart Member Posts: 1,437
    Options

I like the first wig too but prefer your spikes as well! Nice photo of you and your DD.

I've tried two wigs now. The first makes me look like Florence Henderson and is too blond. The second I stupidly let my DH approve even though I wasn't sure. But the lady in the store concurred too so I bought it. It is way too dark and scraggly! I look like Elvira. So I ordered a third by mail that better do the trick. I want to look as much like myself as possible for my DD's wedding.

#8 Lita, you are blazing through. May you fare well and get the best.

• Lita57
    Lita57 Member Posts: 2,338
    Options

I'm excited about tomorrow....It will be my last WBR session (#10), and I plan to bring my little silver bell with me.

As STAGE IV cancer patients, we NEVER get to ring the "end of chemo" bell at the infusion clinic because we will ALWAYS be in some sort of chemo treatment for the rest of our lives. Nevertheless, I plan on RINGING my end of WBR bell tomorrow because I hope I don't ever have to go thru WBR again. (I spoke to a different RO this afternoon after Session #9, and she actually said that in some instances they CAN go back and do WBR again, but it is not that common at all, and of course it has dire consequences. The patient will suffer even MORE neurological deficits, so risks need to be weighed carefully against benefits. They prefer to go back in and do either cyber knife or gamma knife for subsequent brain tumors.)

Thank you all for your wonderful thoughts and prayers.

I bought some pumpkin scented votive candles and I'm going to light a couple of them tonight for good vibes :o).

Blessings,

Lita

• babs6287
    babs6287 Member Posts: 1,619
    Options

Lita. You ring that bell with great abandonment. Ring it hard and loud!

Babs

• AnimalCrackers
    AnimalCrackers Member Posts: 542
    Options

Lita - I'm so excited for you! Boy that went fast (says the idiot who didn't have to go through it). Like Babs said - you ring that bell hard and loud!!!!! I keep hearing Donna Summer singing "Ring my bell ell ell, ring my bell, my bell...". Sending you love!

• BellasMomToo
    BellasMomToo Member Posts: 93
    Options

Lita, I expect to hear that bell from across the bay! Thinking good thoughts for you!

• Lita57
    Options

Shiners are almost gone, hands almost back to normal since I've been off Xeloda for a month. This was taken at my DH's softball bbq this afternoon. Still trying to be as "normal" as I can be under the circumstances.

Things are looking up...I finally have a sense of guarded optimism back...well, at least for the next few weeks anyway.

L

• mistyeyes
    mistyeyes Member Posts: 570
    Options

Lita, you are absolutely beautiful.   Print this one out and frame it!  

• legomaster225
    legomaster225 Member Posts: 356
    Options

Gorgeous picture!

• babs6287
    babs6287 Member Posts: 1,619
    Options

Looking amazing!!!!!

Bab

• 70charger
    70charger Member Posts: 591
    Options

Ring hard today. Great celebration! Looking good. Have a Great Day.

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,607
    Options

Yay Lita! It's wonderful to see you looking so well and posting often. I know you were concerned about your abilities during wbr but you're killin' it!

• midwest_laura
    midwest_laura Member Posts: 114
    Options

Lita, you look great! That hat, those earrings, that necklace... what a great combo. I agree that that picture needs framing. That gorgeous smile on such a beautiful day, out at a BBQ in the middle of WBR Tx - that's the best way to say "F-you Mr. Cancer!"

You ring that bell, girl. Ring it loud and long. Ring it until Mr. Cancer goes deaf. (He's obviously not listening to you anyway.)

• bigbhome
    bigbhome Member Posts: 721
    Options

Lita, you have things most beautiful and infectious smile! Everytime I see it, I immediately smile back! You have rocked WBR, never in doubt, now you will rock taxel !

Hugs and prayers

Claudia

• Mominator
    Mominator Member Posts: 1,173
    Options

Lovely picture of lovely lady Lita! 

Print, make copies, frame, and share this photo with your family. 

I hope the WBR treats you well. 

• GracieM2007
    GracieM2007 Member Posts: 1,255
    Options

Lita, you look fabulous in that picture! Ring that bell! I want to hear it all the way out here in Kansas!!!

• cive
    cive Member Posts: 265
    Options

Lita, ringing a bell today.

• Southernsurvivor
    Southernsurvivor Member Posts: 569
    Options

Lita - waiting to hear that bell in Texas! Give that bell all you've got! Also, I agree with mistyeyes - your pic is definitely frame-worthy!

• iwrite
    iwrite Member Posts: 746
    Options

Hi Lita,

Congratulations on finishing WBR!! You look amazing! Sending you good mojo in hopes that Mr Taxol gives you a break in the SEs and you start feeling as good as you look!

• JFV
    JFV Member Posts: 341
    Options

Blessings Lita

• annoyingboob
    annoyingboob Member Posts: 459
    Options

ring the bell! frame the pic! and ALWAYS wear that shade of lipstick - its so flattering on you - you look stunning!!!

xoxoxoxo

• AnimalCrackers
    AnimalCrackers Member Posts: 542
    Options

Yay!  You look mahvelous!  Hope you rang the shiz out of that bell!

• Falconer
    Falconer Member Posts: 801
    Options
    Beautiful photo, Lita. You inspire me.
  • Artista928
    Artista928 Member Posts: 1,458
    Options

You look good Lita! So happy you are done with wbr! And all the wigs look natural on you. :)

• Kandy
    Kandy Member Posts: 424
    Options

Lita, you look amazing. Happy for you finishing this part of your treatment. You hang in there, you are doing awesome. Lifting you up in prayer.

• jensgotthis
    jensgotthis Member Posts: 671
    Options

beautiful Lita! Ring that bell friend!!!

• Lita57
    Options

Kandy, are you getting bone rads yet? Hope it helps with the pain.

• PauletteK
    PauletteK Member Posts: 1,279
    Options

Lita - ring those bells loud and you're beautiful as always.