Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Lita57

Options

Comments

• wam
    wam Member Posts: 98
    Options

Your daughter is so pretty! I like your spikes but you look good in the wigs. Mrs. Beasley you are not. Were you a redhead as a child?

• Wendy3
    Wendy3 Member Posts: 872
    Options

Loved family affair the dad was always so patient unlike my own lol. Love the first one looks very natural . I have three wigs and I wore mine a couple times then it got so hot I couldn't do it. Now that it's getting cooler though I may drag them out again. How was the opera? You both looked beautiful love the make up especially the lip stick very nice.

• ABeautifulSunset
    ABeautifulSunset Member Posts: 600
    Options

I like the first. You look adorable

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,607
    Options

I like the first one too, maybe you can get the 2nd one cut spiked and cool, like your real hair :)

• farmerlucy
    farmerlucy Member Posts: 596
    Options

You both look beautiful! I hope the opera carries you to a magical place and that you can take your mind off things if only for a bit.

• Kandy
    Kandy Member Posts: 424
    Options

I love the first one, looks very natural. Hope you had a great time today. Your daughter and you look gorgeous. Enjoy the moment. Praying each and every day for you.

• momallthetime
    momallthetime Member Posts: 1,375
    Options

Wow you and DD dressed to the gills, gorgeous picture! Either wig looks good on you, which do you feel more like yourself. For a moment I thought actually the 2nd was more you, you could probably comb it so many different ways, have some fun!!

• 70charger
    70charger Member Posts: 591
    Options

follow your heart it will tell you the one. Love the pics .Take care

• Liwi
    Liwi Member Posts: 249
    Options
    Great picture of you and your daughter, you both look beautiful! Hope you have a wonderful time.

• GracieM2007
    GracieM2007 Member Posts: 1,255
    Options

I also liked the first one a lot! You look good with bangs. You and your daughter look fabulous!!

• Southernsurvivor
    Southernsurvivor Member Posts: 569
    Options

Great pic of you and your daughter - you both look fantastic!

I do like the first wig as you look great with bangs.I completely understand though wanting to feel comfortable in your look. (I'm wearing a wig that I bought and had thinned out a lot as my natural hair is thin, so didn't want to look poofy which was not like the real me.) I'm wondering if your own hairstylist could take either one of those wigs and cut them to give you more the style you want.

• runor
    runor Member Posts: 1,613
    Options

Oh my god you ROCK those red lips!!!

• jensgotthis
    jensgotthis Member Posts: 671
    Options

You and your daughter are beautiful, Lita. Glad you are having a night out with her and dinner as a family after.

I like the first wig but also the suggestion to go to the hair stylist and have one trimmed up. Do you have some soft and cool hats? The boutique at UCLA has some cute ones - they stock head covers that anyone could wear and then figure out how to help us wear them. I'd be glad to pick one up and send it to you.

Thinking of you as you gear up for more radiation this week. Much love.

• mistyeyes
    mistyeyes Member Posts: 570
    Options

You both look so elegantly lovely!  I hope you enjoyed yourself.

• Lita57
    Lita57 Member Posts: 2,338
    Options

Thanks for all the tips, and yes, I have some soft hats, too.

I am not a natural red head. My real hair color (b4 grey) is a mousy ash brown.

Right now, I'm just trying to figure out what looks good on me that I feel comfortable with and STILL have a sense of the real me that I can live with.

The opera was fun, but I didn’t care for the story line of Cosi Fan Tutti...men betting on women's fidelity and fickleness doesn't say good things about out gender. I have season tix for this season, so I hope I can make it to the other operas in the coming months. Puccini's La Rondine is in November. Hopefully I can work it in between chemo sessions. La Traviata is slated for early next year.

Also hoping this whole brain radiation will buy me several more months, but I have to prepare myself in case things take another turn. My biggest brain tumors are more than two inches in size, so I have no idea how much or even IF the rads will shrink them down that much. I'm relying on CBDs to help with inflammation and holding some of the cancer progression at bay. Haven't heard back from the Shelter Project yet...they are supposed to provide free CBDs to cancer patients. It's a long waiting list. To take as much stuff as the MMJ dr wants me to take will cost between 2-3K per month. She wants me on high grade CBD, but not too much THC because THC can actually FEED and stimulate some forms of bc. It's a big balancing act, but I'm willing to try it because I've heard excellent anecdotal evidence.

Hoping for a few hrs sleep...titrated another 5 mgs up on the Namenda/Memantine Alzheimer's med tonight, so we'll see how I do on that. So far, none of the rads fatigue has kicked in yet, and my hair hasn't fallen out in patches yet either. Gotta enjoy my punk look while it lasts.

Thanks for all your warm thoughts, and sleep well, ladies,

L

• babs6287
    babs6287 Member Posts: 1,619
    Options

Looking great. Enjoy!!!!!

Bab

• cive
    cive Member Posts: 265
    Options

I really like the first wig, it looks very natural on you in my opinion.  The second one is attractive also, but I really, really like the first one. 

• annoyingboob
    annoyingboob Member Posts: 459
    Options

im a fan of the poofy second wig. Prolly bc a girl I worked with had that hairstyle and she always looked so elegant. But honestly, you have such a gorgeous big smile, I don't care what's on top of your head. Your smile is the first thing I see in all the photos. Sending you a big hug and hoping this treatment doesn't lessen your smile. Xo.

• wam
    Options

Good luck with your continued radiation.

• wam
    Options

Good luck with your continued radiation. You are obviously not impaired. I loved your opera critique. I have always felt the same way about the plot line.

• dlb823
    dlb823 Member Posts: 2,701
    Options

Beautiful photo of you and your daughter, Lita. And like most of the others, I think the first wig looks great on you -- very natural. That was so thoughtful of Dianarose to send them to you.

Here's to a good week of continuing treatment! You probably get tired of hearing what an inspiration you are, but you truly are.

• nkb
    nkb Member Posts: 1,561
    Options

Lita57- I don't know how often you like wearing baseball hats-but when I was bald my favorite was a baseball hat that had hair attached. It looked very natural and was more comfortable (not itchy or as sweaty ) than a wig and stayed in place well. Also having a nice soft hat for home and sleeping- I got cold without hair.

• hersheykiss
    hersheykiss Member Posts: 659
    Options

Lita, I wouldn't have guessed that the first image was a wig. The look is so natural. A big thumbs up on wig option #1!

• AnimalCrackers
    AnimalCrackers Member Posts: 542
    Options

Lita - I think you look lovely in both wigs but I prefer your natural spiked do.  That look just fits your personality and really draws attention to your beautiful smile!.  And I agree with runor - you ROCK the red lipstick!   I've seen some pretty funky spikey-do wigs - maybe you could find one online that you like or perhaps a scarf.  I think you could pull off a scarf with great style and that may be softer on your scalp as rads continue..  sorry you didn't enjoy the story of the opera but it was still fun to be with your daughter.  Your face was beaming in the picture with her.  And you have others lined up to see so there are more to look forward to and we're all looking forward to hearing about them!  

• Lita57
    Options

Thanks, everyone. I like the ball cap with hair idea, too.

Today is Day #8 of brain rads....only 3 more zaps to go. I'm still pretty dizzy when I stand up, so I'll probably have to be on the steroids for a little longer to help with swelling/inflammation/edema, etc.

I'm not even worried about lack of sleep anymore. One of my DH's old friends used to say, "You can sleep when you're dead!" Ha ha. Guess I'll just have to take that to heart for now.

Have a great Monday...it's a brand new week!

L

• Fotheringay
    Fotheringay Member Posts: 50
    Options

Lita, fabulous photo with you DD. You were BORN to rock red lipstick. Why not every day?

Wig #1 looks natural, but doesn't read to me like "you"; it's a bit "safe" for you, IMO. Can't wings be slightly restyled? If that one was "messed up" a little bit to reflect your playful, youthful attitude, it would be more in line with your personality!

Sending you smiles today,

Carrie

• Falconer
    Falconer Member Posts: 801
    Options
    Lita, I love the matching red lipstick with your DD. I could never pull that off. Neither could my DD, but it is elegant.
  • Lita57
    Options

Today was a VERY productive day!!!

Went down to the dispensary to stock up on major CBDs, went to Kaiser in person to get my Taxol IV chemo schedule in place, got myself on the docket for a palliative care appointment, got WBR zap #8 out of the way, and - really good news - The Shelter Project finally contacted me RE: getting set up with their FREE CBD program!

I'll have to scan and send in a bunch of paperwork, but I've already got most of it on the scanner and saved already, so I'll do that tomorrow :o).

My first Taxol infusion is in 2 wks to give me a bit of time to recover from radiation fatigue, etc. So in the meantime, I will try to go out with as many friends as I can for decent meals. God only knows how my digestive tract will respond once we get the ball rolling with Taxol. I had some ISSUES with Xeloda, and I know that Taxol may be worse. I seem to get all the bad SEs from EVERY infusion I do. I had a bad initial reaction just from the Zometa bone infusions, too.

But who knows? I'm hoping it won't be quite as bad as I'm anticipating, but then again I was all optimistic about my brain MRI and PET scan weeks ago, and look at how I got screwed over on that? Thank you, Mr. Cancer, you son-of-a-bitch!

Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst. That's my motto.

• chisandy
    chisandy Member Posts: 11,317
    Options

Lita, you rock both wigs and the punk look--as well as that elegant pre-opera updo. Bet those wigs can be styled to reflect your personality.

I'm not a Christian, so the prayer I'm about to post may seem a bit odd, because it's partly in Hebrew. Two nights from now, when the first three stars have appeared in the sky, Rosh Hashonah, the Jewish New Year, begins. It is said during a service at which a passage from the Torah (the first 5 books of the Bible) is read, but I'm sure the Eternal will cut us a little slack right now. ;). This is the Reform hymn version, adapted by composer Debbie Friedman:

Mi Sheberakh Avoteinu, m'kor ha-bracha v'Iimoteinu ("May the One who blessed our patriachs & matriarchs")

May the source of strength who blessed the ones before us

Help us find the courage to make our lives a blessing, and let us say Amen.

Mi sheberach Imoteinu, m'kor habracha l'avoteinu

Bless those in need of healing with r'fua sh'leima:

The renewal of body, the renewal of spirit, and let us say Amen.

And the traditional New Year greeting: l'Shana Tova Tikoteivu.--May you have a good year, and be inscribed for blessing in the Book of Life.

Hugs and some virtual challah, apples & honey for you!

• elainetherese
    elainetherese Member Posts: 1,627
    Options

Lita,

I had Taxol (as a Stage III), and my advice to you is to stock up on some Imodium or whatever med you prefer to stop diarrhea. It's a taxane like Taxotere, and the taxanes often produce gastrointestinal issues.

Very inspired by your attitude and your "keeping on, keeping on." Your situation makes my challenges seem small by compare.

Many blessings to you and may you always "enjoy every sandwich" as Fitztwins would say.