Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

January 2018 Surgery group! Please see updated list in thread!

Options

Comments

• Philaflash
    Philaflash Member Posts: 69
    edited January 2018
    Options

Best to Rdeesides, Dskvaria and Judeshome tomorrow. Thinking of you and wishing the best of recoveries and outcomes. My day is a week from tomorrow, and I'm also scared, but so comforted by the rest of you on the forum; especially those who are reporting back from the other side of surgery. Thanks again everyone and the best to those up next.

• Kyates
    Kyates Member Posts: 16
    edited January 2018
    Options

Good luck tomorrow to Judeshome, Dskvarla and rdeesides. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Check in when you are able. Hope everyone is well and ready for more winter weather. My love to all!

• Ghionik
    Ghionik Member Posts: 39
    edited January 2018
    Options

Sorry Twillis, no I didn’t have flap surgery. I didn’t see that part of your comment.

• arkansasgal
    arkansasgal Member Posts: 15
    edited January 2018
    Options

Judeshome - thanks for asking. I am now 78 hrs out from my lumpectomy surgery. Only had to take one hydrocodone. and virtually no pain at lumpectomy site. The lymph node incision (no cancer found) has been uncomfortable but nothing I can't deal with and taking Tylenol from time to time. I dealt with the constipation problem today by eating prunes and drinking prune juice. My wonderful kitty boy Toby does not understand why he cannon make me a batch of buttermilk biscuits on my chest!! Doing quite a bit of sleeping and just being a lazy butt. Many thanks for all you have done to make it easier for us who have gone before you.

• arkansasgal
    edited January 2018
    Options

Sending a beautiful photo of an American Lotus I took last year. It is a symbol of peace, and perhaps it will help those having surgery tomorrow to find peace.

• arkansasgal
    edited January 2018
    Options

Sending a beautiful photo of an American Lotus I took last year. It is a symbol of peace, and perhaps it will help those having surgery tomorrow to find peace.

• Marlena17
    Marlena17 Member Posts: 58
    edited January 2018
    Options

speedy recovery and prayers to judeshome,Dskvarla and rdeesides. Hoping you all come through well. Please post when you can. The 24th is coming fast and I am not ready

• rockcity
    rockcity Member Posts: 155
    edited January 2018
    Options

Sending caring thoughts to tomorrow’s surgery girls, Rdeesides,Dskvaria, and Judeshome. Praying for quick recovery. I will be thinking of you

• jo6359
    jo6359 Member Posts: 2,009
    edited January 2018
    Options

What a beautiful flower.Thanks

• SherriBee
    SherriBee Member Posts: 4
    edited January 2018
    Options

Hi everybody, this is my first post and I'm pretty new to the site. I was dx'd in dec w DCIS right side, w possible micro invasion - one area showed up on mammo, but the breast MRI showed a lot more - 3 areas (lesions?) on right plus innumerable small and an unk area on left. We only biopsies the right before the MRI and dr thought reasonable to rmv both based on what we know about the right (DCIS, ER/PR+, Her2+, grade 3). So, I'm going in for bilateral mastectomy w sentinel lymph node bx's in both sides, this Thu the 18th. I've been keeping busy/distracted by a huge deadline at work, but I'm off now and starting to freak out a little. I'll be lining up a counselor for-after. Just keep feeling really sad to be losing the girls... worried about how i'll look. Just hope the next two days zoom by, ready to be done. Thank you for listening

• Video123
    Video123 Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2018
    Options

Best of luck SherriBee. I had DCIS in situ and all removed December 27, 2017. No radiation but AI's for five years.

• May07
    May07 Member Posts: 81
    edited January 2018
    Options

Good luck SherriBee, I am also scheduled for a BMX on the 18th for a recurrence of DCIS in the left breast. I’m becoming more anxious as the date nears, but I can tell you that reading posts onthis site and speaking with women who have been through it, all the advise and experiences shared make me feel a bit better. I Just want to have this behind me already!! Best of luck.

• SherriBee
    edited January 2018
    Options

Thank you Video123 - how are you feeling, 3 weeks out from your surgery? I think I’m going to go batty during recovery - I hate laying around and am always busy puttering around.

• SherriBee
    edited January 2018
    Options

May07, we’ll be surgery buddies! The anxiety keeps popping up more frequently - I can’t wait to get it over with, too. I’ve been DDD+ cups for over 20 years - canNOT imagine what its going to be like to have them gone. I’ll be getting tissue expanders at the same time, so will have a little softness in there, but still am just... flummoxed by the whole being flat and no more nipple thing. Sigh. Most of the time I feel like I am totally ok with this-just have other times it’s really sad

• SherriBee
    edited January 2018
    Options

Miranda2060, you brought up so many things I’ve been thinking of! I really like all my drs and didn’t get 2nd opinions, either.The biopsy and MRI were very clear and convincing for me. I’ll be having a bilateral mastectomy on the 18th with sentinel lymph node biopsy both sides and tissue expander. I was surprised, too, at the short stay - they’re keeping me two nights because I have a hx of blood clotting. Wow - certainly not like the old days - I’m 55 and had a 24 day stay in the hospital for a bad pulmonary embolism in 1984.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,048
    edited January 2018
    Options

Hang in there, amazing women! We're thinking of you! Medicating

• Judeshome
    Judeshome Member Posts: 138
    edited January 2018
    Options

DEC 29

AnnieTater

JAN 2

over70

Talley76

JAN 3

D1974

1-Greenmom

JAN 4

Lovelife4

Valntine

JAN 5

Hopfull2

MoniThor

brenbren1113

JAN 8

houmom

nifer

JAN 9

Debcesq

Boobolympics

JAN10

shadie

blessedmomma

Rockcity

LoveCanada

JAN 11

Kyates

JAN 12

arkansasgal

JAN 16

rdeesides

Dskvarla

Judeshome

JAN 17

Sfrankie

JAN18

HollyDolly

Sherribee

May07

JAN 22

Kmajor

Miranda2060

JAN 23

Savedbygrace197

Philaflash

JAN 24

Marlena17

Zoisite

Dm39

JAN 25

RedJo40

JAN 26

Quiltingnut

JAN29

jo6359

JAN30

Maggie2

Spazcat

JAN31

MayDayMelK

• Judeshome
    edited January 2018
    Options

welcome to our group SherriBee and May07. I am just about to leave for the hospital...Jude

• Shadie
    Shadie Member Posts: 31
    edited January 2018
    Options

Good luck, Judeshome!

• Samantha51
    Samantha51 Member Posts: 4
    edited January 2018
    Options

Perhaps you have already made some decisions about what kind and size of your implants.  The latest generation, which I got in August,  has even less chance of rupture/leaking, according to my PS.  He showed me a picture of one cut in half and it still looked intact.  I think it's called generation 5, but best to check on that.

As far as size goes, mine were small like my prior natural size. No problems. Perhaps the PS can answer if smaller sizes have fewer complications. Also because they won't sag with aging, you might be really happy with the smaller size.

Good luck with everything !  

• Kyates
    Kyates Member Posts: 16
    edited January 2018
    Options

Hi Everyone,

Dr called with great news! No cancer in lymph nodes and clear margins. I'm so thankful and grateful! Praying for each of you.

• ibis
    ibis Member Posts: 56
    edited January 2018
    Options

Great news, Kyates!! Hope rdeesides, Dskvaria, and Judeshome did okay today. Wishing the best for those scheduled in the next few days: Sfrankie, HollyDolly, Sherribee, and May07. I'm doing very well at 2 weeks post op - driving and the arm is getting more range of motion each day.

• jo6359
    edited January 2018
    Options

Great News. Congrats

• jo6359
    edited January 2018
    Options

My thoughts are with them.

• Shadie
    Shadie Member Posts: 31
    edited January 2018
    Options

Great news!!!!

• kmajor
    kmajor Member Posts: 68
    edited January 2018
    Options

Hello everyone, looks like I'm joining you for January surgeries. I will be having a lumpectomy on Jan 22. Praying everyone's procedures go well. Smile

• houmom
    houmom Member Posts: 102
    edited January 2018
    Options

Sending best wishes for everyone having surgery this week.

My PS didn’t mention caffeine to me at all (I had bilateral DIEP). I was having a Diet Coke with each meal in the hospital, I have a very restricted diet already because of a colon disorder and it’s my one treat! I had not had any caffeine since April 2017 when I had my first incidence of breast pain, my husband felt that maybe it was the cause. Since the dx he has eased up on that...

I know I’ll eventually appreciate having a natural reconstruction, but right now I’m really second guessing my decision. It has been very difficult, the drains are so bothersome, I was hoping to get some out today at my follow up appt but it got rescheduled to Thursday because of the ice storm we had today.

I did at least get to keep all my own skin, and the ‘seaming’ has created something kind of nipple like so I don’t know if I’ll bother with any further recon there. We’ll see in 6 months I guess. I am hoping to avoid any further surgery at all, this has been awful.

• Judeshome
    edited January 2018
    Options

kyates woohoo!! CongratsWinking

• Judeshome
    edited January 2018
    Options

Welcome to the January surgery sisters! I added you to our list as I have done to all the newcomers so we can send support and healing thoughts when it’ syour turn for surgery. Jude

• jo6359
    edited January 2018
    Options

Jude-How are you feeling?