Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

oncotype dx roll call

Options

Comments

• KimE
    KimE Member Posts: 34
    Options

Dx at 52. Oncotype score of 31. Had two unsuccessful lumpectomies and finally a BMX. I did four rounds of TC and no radiation. I'm currently getting Lupron shots and taking Aromasin for the next 5-10 years. Hopefully I'll have reconstruction surgery later this year.

• 98hgmom
    98hgmom Member Posts: 8
    Options

Oncotype score 9. I am 52.My SLN had a micromet. I start radiation this month. I was very happy to avoid chemo!

• momand2kids
    momand2kids Member Posts: 118
    Options

I was 48, onc score of 27, lumpectomy, chemo, radiation, lupron and letrozole for 5 years. it has been almost 10 years now!!!

• GreenEyes81
    GreenEyes81 Member Posts: 66
    Options

DX last July, IDC Stage 1 multifocal. Onco was 15---no rads/chemo. I have a biopsy scheduled Monday, results Tuesday.....not feeling very positive. The lump is growing and in the SAME spot one of the previous malignant spots were. Could still go either way....but trying to get educated.

If it is malignant...will I get another onco dx? Any here seen this a 2nd time and can share what the process was like?

• MyConfusion
    MyConfusion Member Posts: 1
    Options

Hi I have stage 2 breast cancer. My cancer was 3cm with no lymph node involvement. Mine was invasive ductal carcinoma. My oncotype was 26. I had lumpectomy. Soon to start 4 rounds of TC (due to invasive nature of ca) and then radiation then tamoxifen.

• adelozier
    adelozier Member Posts: 30
    Options

bump

• cocomedy
    cocomedy Member Posts: 1
    Options

Hello- just got my OncoDx: 31

I’m 45 years old, stage 2a, 3cm IDC plus 3.5cm DCIS, grade 3, ER/PR+ Her2-

I start chemo (AC+T) today

I had already decided to do chemo before getting the Onco test back. I’m young with an aggressive cancer so I wantedto do the most aggressive treatment. Good luck to everyone!!

• princessbuttercup
    princessbuttercup Member Posts: 159
    Options

Age 57 at diagnosis, grade 3 IDC, oncotype 26. Chemo was recommended so I did it. They told me I would have a 17% reduction in recurrence risk with the chemo, so those were odds I decided to take. Doing radiation now.

• bella2013
    bella2013 Member Posts: 370
    Options

Diagnosed at 60, stage 1b, lumpectomy, no nodes, margins were not clear. BMX, Oncotype 14. No chemo, no rads, Anastrazole

• l8blmr
    l8blmr Member Posts: 76
    Options

Diagnosis on 11/2/17 at 57. IDC, stage 1A, grade 2. ER+95%, PR-2% HER2-. OncoType score was 24. Bilateral mastectomy, chemo TCx4, Arimidex

• adelozier
    Options
    • Thanks everyone...
  • debal
    debal Member Posts: 600
    Options

Diagnosed at 54, oncotype 27, BMX with pre-pec expanders . Completed 2 out of 4 TC treatments with no side effects. Arimidex to follow.

• meow13
    meow13 Member Posts: 1,363
    Options

I never heard of pre-pec expanders, what are they? My SIL had the under muscle expanders and had alot of pain. She eventually had them removed and small implants placed.

• runor
    runor Member Posts: 1,613
    Options

Diagnosed at 53. IDC. Lumpectomy. Surgeon could only find one node, despite digging and having been injected with green dye. She wanted to submit more than one but one it was - no sign of cancer. No vascular invasion. No necrosis. 2.5 cm 'thing'. Oncotype score 11. No chemo. 16 shots of radiation. Highly ER+ and PR+, HER2- . Tamoxifen. Have had 2 more mammograms since then and there is a 'thing' in my breast that they are watching. Hmmmm....

Informative thread.

• debal
    Options

meow, the implants sit right under the skin, on top of the muscle rather than cutting the pec and placing behind. There is a thread that starts with TE expanders..i will it bump for you .

• meow13
    Options

sounds better my SIL really suffered. I still feel somewhat responsible she called me everyday looking for help. First she was concerned with the MRI, I said it was no problem nothing to be concerned with. Well she had a horrible experience. Then she wanted to have bilateral mastectomy with DIEP. I said yes go for it I love mine and would do it again. She calls says doctor wants to put in a below muscle expander in to prep for diep. I said I didn't have any expander just tissue from abs and skin from abs. I told her to ask why never heard back. She did the expanders got an infection had them taken out and said screw the DIEP. Haven't heard from her since, relatives say she is ok. The only thing I can think of is the expander was used to get a better cosmetic result aka not taking skin from abs. I probably should have kept my mouth shut, I thought I was helping her.

• GreenEyes81
    GreenEyes81 Member Posts: 66
    Options

Meow13, the biggest "help" would just be a call to hear how she is doing. Hugs!

• meow13
    Options

She is coming here the end of May, she is traveling at the moment. So I will see her then.

I guess I wrote I haven't heard from her since I meant she hasn't talked to me directly since she bagged her reconstruction.

• DandelionHair
    DandelionHair Member Posts: 7
    Options

My Onca Dx was 30, IDC_L, no nodes, 2.5 cm, lumpectomy (with biozorb). I chose chemo and radiation AC-T. Just finished everything 2 weeks ago.

• debal
    Options

Meow, it sure does sound like she suffered. I'm sure it will do you both good to catch up again at the end of the month. Dandy...that's Dandy to be done with treatment!! Congrats!😊

• meow13
    Options

Im sure Deb, she was never friendly to me to begin with. As a matter of fact I don't ever think we ever even talked until she got breast cancer. But I know how horrible that time is when you first get diagnosed.

My husband says she feels much better she is going to stay with us for one night on her way back to Hawaii. Luckily her house is not near the volcanic activity on the Big Island.

• MexicoHeather
    MexicoHeather Member Posts: 147
    Options

I was 49. I had 3 lymph nodes involved and high grade, so I don't even think they bothered to score me!

• TrailDweller
    TrailDweller Member Posts: 29
    Options

Just came back from the doctor. Oncotype DX score of 15. No chemo. I'm doing the simulation for radiation next week and then 33 radiations. Started Arimidex last night.

• nonomimi5
    nonomimi5 Member Posts: 184
    Options

Age 54. Oncotype DX 17, lumpectomy + radiation. Will start AI 5-10 years from July. Finished rads yesterday, taking a week off to go out of town.

• adelozier
    Options

Bump

• murfy
    murfy Member Posts: 254
    Options

Oncotype score of 52 (details below). Score suggested almost 50% chance of recurrence with tamoxifen alone. So chose chemo + AI which should reduce my recurrence chance to about 18%. I'll take it!!!!

• HOPEsong
    HOPEsong Member Posts: 1
    Options

Brand new here. My Oncotype was a 3, diagnosed at 36, one micromet in one of the three lymph nodes removed. Stage IIA, original tumor over 3cm, and did not get clear margins. I had four total surgeries. Did not have to do radiation or chemo, supported by both MO and RO. Now on Tamoxifen since May.

• Whateverittakes
    Whateverittakes Member Posts: 10
    Options

Diagnosed at 31, onco score 14, ER+PR+ both 99% HER2-. BMX,, I will take tamoxifen for 10 years. all nodes was Negative.

• letsgogolf
    letsgogolf Member Posts: 65
    Options

HOPEsong You sound like me. I also had an Oncotype score of 3 and had 1 node with micromets. Don't you wonder how that even happened? Were you also grade 1 with high ER & PR?

• pebblesv
    pebblesv Member Posts: 486
    Options

I’m 43 and oncotype score is 21, same risk of recurrence and “cure rate” whether I do chemo or not. My oncologist said he could no longer recommend chemo since it would not improve my odds and would add all this extra toxicity into my body. He was pushing for chemo before my oncotype score came in. Now he agrees I don’t need it!

So I’m onto radiation treatments and will do Tamoxifen after that. A bit nervous about the side effects of hormone therapy but will give it a go.