Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

oncotype dx roll call

Options

Comments

• Cjzach10
    Cjzach10 Member Posts: 29
    Options

I called the drs office and theyd already gone. Im going to call back tomorrow and ask plus i see her on Monday. I want it done right and hopefully rushing them wont cause them to screw it up again. I have been so stressed and depressed waiting for this i haven't been able to do anything but sit and sleep. The first time I saw the oncologist i thought the test had already been sent off and I was getting results. It hasnt been..so she sent it that day. If its 2 more weeks it'll be 6 wks I've been waiting on this!

• salamandra
    salamandra Member Posts: 736
    Options

cjzach10, that is infuriating! Ugh I'm so sorry you have to deal this this.

• Cjzach10
    Options

Thank you! Yes infuriating it is! So many parts of this disease turn life upside down! Just when you think you've got this..YOU DON'T! My abn mammo was june 30th. Now into 7 months of this ride and still waiting to find out about chemo! I want off this ride!!

• Walden1
    Walden1 Member Posts: 110
    Options

Not Broken, Did your doctor explain why BCI and oncotype showed different numbers for the first 5 years? I never had the onco done, as my MO said I was young (44), grade 3, 4 cm of disease. She felt I needed chemo. Now I’m trying to decide if ovarian suppressIon is best or tamoxifen alone. She said oncotype is not designed for that purpose, but if I wanted it then we could look at it. Perhaps I should be asking about BCI instead? Can you fill me in on how your MO is using BCI to advise you

• Cjzach10
    Options

Oncologist just called and no chemo!!! My oncotype was 10! Ive never been so relieved!

Hpfull i hope yours is low too snd you findout before friday!!

• pi-xi
    pi-xi Member Posts: 177
    Options

That’s great news, Cjzach10! I have Oncotype envy.

• pebblesv
    pebblesv Member Posts: 486
    Options

Cjzach10 hip hip hurrah!!! After all that long crazy wait so glad you got the good news. See you on the hormone therapy thread

• Cjzach10
    Options

Thank you girls! My nerves are calmer than they've been in months! Yes ill be keeping up with the hormone thread! See you there!

• adelozier
    adelozier Member Posts: 30
    Options

bump

• lezza13
    lezza13 Member Posts: 579
    Options

I was 51 DX Have no idea what my onoctype was! Stage 2, 3 positive lymph nodes so I had 3 rounds of chemo. 6 years on Tamoxifen.

• nicolerod
    nicolerod Member Posts: 2,877
    Options

Spoonie77 I love that article you posted!!! I have also been reading about meds that stop those dormant cells form waking u[ and the trials for them I actually emailed one of the trials on Friday.

• Haliday
    Haliday Member Posts: 28
    Options

PebblesV your thinking aligns with mine. I was 65 when diagnosed, 2.6cm lumpectomy on 3/20. Clean margins. 2 of 2 nodes involved. Oncotype of 9.

Disinclined to have a 2nd surgery to discover whether there are more cancerous lymph nodes. Leaning towards no chemo— thinking rads and Arimidex only. Lymphedema scares me more than cancer, too! I look at everything thru a quality of life lens. (Learned to do this as husband has had Stage 4 prostate cancer completely managed by hormone therapy for over 5 years). First meeting with radiologist this Thursday.

Sitting with this for a bit that’s my thinking today

Well wishes to all.

• pebblesv
    pebblesv Member Posts: 486
    Options

Haliday sending you well wishes as you figure out your path. I’m about 8 months out from when this all began and feeling very much like myself, dare I say stronger and healthier today vs 8 months ago. So I have no regrets on the decisions I made to fight this. I did the lumpectomy, radiation and am on tamoxifen now. No axillary node dissection and no chemo thanks to my oncotype results. Lost 30 lbs which was for my own nutrition / health, I believe diet and lifestyle can be additive too.

Best of luck finding the path for you that feels right

• Spedtchr1979
    Spedtchr1979 Member Posts: 1
    Options

I am 39 years old and diagnosed with breast cancer in January. I had a double mastectomy in March and lymph nodes were negative. Just received my oncotype score off 22. Doctors are recommending chemo. I go in tomorrow for my chemo educational.

• Haliday
    Haliday Member Posts: 28
    Options

thanks. Having a plan feels good. . .live your life. Live your life

• CCtoo
    CCtoo Member Posts: 12
    Options

my logotype rd score was 9 and I am 83.....only had lumpectomy but now have M spike...more blood tests!! BC was in 2016..hope this helps.

• UpstateNYer
    UpstateNYer Member Posts: 331
    Options

I was diagnosed in Feb. 2019 at age 63. My MO and surgeon were very surprised by my high Onco score of 48!! Had to have chemo C/T × 4 , then 3rd surgery to clear margins of residual DCIS. Will start rads Sept 11th for 16 treatments. I am feeling pretty good 6 weeks post chemo. (I dealt with very rough chemo se's).

• IllinoisNancy
    IllinoisNancy Member Posts: 99
    Options

My Onco was 9 in 2006....

• tmh0921
    tmh0921 Member Posts: 518
    Options

They didn’t have Oncotype DX or Her2 testing when I was DX the first time in 1999, at age 27. I had 1cm IDC, grade 2, Er+/Pr+. Sentinel node and axillary nodes negative. I had lumpectomy, Sentinel Node and Axillary node dissection, radiation, and Tamoxifen.

My current diagnosis, Oncotype is 26. 3.2cm IDC, ER + 95%, PR + 69%, Her2 -, KI-67 14%, grade 3, node negative. I’m 46. I just had a BMX with first phase of reconstruction, I will start TC chemo x 4 on 9/4, then ovarian suppression with Tamoxifen or AI

• Stippomac
    Stippomac Member Posts: 1
    Options

I had surgery for dcis. Further surgery for invasive cancer to 4 lymph nodes. 3 of four chemo and will have 30 treatments of radiation. My question is did you have hormonal therapy ? I am worried about taking medicine because of bone issues, heart, and lung. And hair loss or thinning. I’ve already lost my hair thru chemo. Any thoughts?

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,966
    Options

Dear Stippomac,

Welcome to the BCO community. We are sorry for your diagnosis and subsequent treatment but very glad that you reached out to our members for help and support. We are thinking that you may want to post your question in the Hormonal Therapy Forum. You may get more visibility there for this particular question. Let us know if you need more help in navigating your way around the community.

The Mods

• Dreamer1
    Dreamer1 Member Posts: 23
    Options

Hi, I was diagnosed one month before turning 59, 1.5 IDC with 4 cm DCIS. Diagnosed after 5 biopsies, including 4 simultaneous MRI biopsies of L and R breast - ouch!

Lumpectomy. 95% ER, 95% PR, Her-. 0/5 nodes.

Just got results of Oncotype test - 10!

No chemo for me, and I am meeting with rad onc this week to start planning. I believe I will have 3-4 weeks whole breast, then 5 years of AI.

• Dreamer1
    Dreamer1 Member Posts: 23
    Options

Hi, I was diagnosed one month before turning 59, 1.5 IDC with 4 cm DCIS. Diagnosed after 5 biopsies, including 4 simultaneous MRI biopsies of L and R - ouch!

Lumpectomy. 95% ER, 95% PR, Her-. 0/5 nodes.

Just got results of Oncotype test - 10!

No chemo for me, and I am meeting with rad onc this week to start planning. I believe I will have 3-4 weeks whole breast, then 5 years of AI.

• chaclarey
    chaclarey Member Posts: 62
    Options

Hi,

I was diagnosed at 50. IDC and DCIS Stage 2 Grade 2 lvi present no positive nodes. My Oncotype score was 16. Chemo not recommended. Oncologist talked about tailorx study.I had lumpectomy and will 20 sessions of radiation and tamoxifen for 2.5 years and then switch to amomstase inhibitor. At least that's the plan for now regarding endocrine therapy.

• P_Tucker
    P_Tucker Member Posts: 1
    Options

My oncotype was 43. Stage2a, grade 3, ibc. No lymph nodes. Did lumpectomy, intraoperative radiation, and 4 rounds of chemo. That was 4 yrs ago.

• Floral
    Floral Member Posts: 10
    Options

Diagnosed at 62, 2.5 cm IDC, Grade 2, ER 100%, PR 40%, HR -, 1/2 SN 2mm met. Doing radiation. Oncotype 17 stated that chemo would have no advantage, Dr. recommended no chemo, although he would have done it if I had wanted to. I’m not doing it, but I am unsure if that is the right decision because of the met. Hearing the side effects of chemo, some permanent, don’t sound like a good idea either. Now that the surgery is over, the tests are all in and the treatment is decided I am in full-fledged panic over recurrence. I knew this would happen

• nonomimi5
    nonomimi5 Member Posts: 184
    Options

Diagnosed 2 years ago at 53. Oncotype 17. No Chemo

• deedeet405
    deedeet405 Member Posts: 27
    Options

Diagnosed at 39. Oncotype 18. Meet with Oncologist on Tuesday but sounds like they aren’t recommending chemo.

• bbbddd168
    bbbddd168 Member Posts: 14
    Options

Diagnosed at 52, post-menopause, IDC with Mucinous feature, multifocal, grade 3, LVI, one sentinel node 1.5mm no extension, oncotype 8, ki-67 30-40%, ER+, PR+ 100%, Her2 -(0), will not do chemo but still panic whether I make the correct decision or not to skip chemo. Radiation soon

• Slmurray
    Slmurray Member Posts: 5
    Options

this is all fascinating to read, waiting for my oncotype, probably 1-2 weeks. No node involvement, IDC a bit bigger than expected 2.3cm rather than 1.2cm. Going back for more surgery to take care of a spike from original tumor and DCIS in the margins. Praying for that low onco, could use some good news. Thanks for sharing.