Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Chemo Starting August 2018

Options

Comments

• Bostoniangal25
    Bostoniangal25 Member Posts: 177
    Options

hello Tracy I have the same regimen too did 2 out of 4! Hope you won’t have bad SE , my main was draggy feeling slow like I m looking st myself- brr

Sunshine, happy to hear from you!!! Glad you doing ok! I m ok too, sone stomach pain otherwise. Is fine.

You had a recurrence too, did you go for mammogram or ultrasound every year after 2014? I m afraid too, I think environment and bad food lack of physical activities may add to chances of recurrence, but we have to stay positive no matter what! And the thing- no one can give us 100

• Sunshine89
    Sunshine89 Member Posts: 56
    Options

i used to get tests every 6 month...and my all test of february 2018 were clear for cancer ...its such unpredictable shit :( i really hope and pray it go away for all of us and never come back... so you will be half way on next infusion... sounds good :

• Sunshine89
    Options

ohh bostoniangle25 you only have to do 4 cycles??? wowww so happy for you ... so count down begin ... you are so close :) after 4 cycles of AC i will be doing 4 cycles of your chemo type ...

• NashS
    NashS Member Posts: 6
    Options

Hello Sunshine89,

I can completely relate. Must days I feel so positive and with huge affirmation thoughts, telling myself over and over I'm gonna beat this, but then I see on the news or Instragram someone dying over cancer...I start comparing my situation with theirs...specially those who were diagnosed, went through the whole process and then cancer came back...Yesterday I had a session with a very special person who's couching me through several aspects of my life, she's mostly someone I could talk to. She said something very meaningful to me yesterday: see this from the learning side of it, what is this teaching you? what's the purpose of this? Affirm that this will pass, affirm you will overcome this. If you must compare your situation let's choose how's our comparison. Let's seek for great survival stories and get inspired by them.

Hugs ladies!

• KWilli
    KWilli Member Posts: 94
    Options

is anyone else taking daily shots of Filgrastim (Canada); I think it's Neulasta in the US? I am having severe bone pain and wondering if anyone else is experiencing this?

• Bostoniangal25
    Options

sunshine- good luck for tomorrow, will think of you!!!🙏🙏🙏mine is TC I don’t know my signature should be corrected it is taxotere and Cytoxan!

I m wondering how this shit happened to you from 0 to stage 3 in 6 month- I bet hormonal tumors grow fast ...sorry again! Just don’t think again yours chemo is much stronger any youvate young it will kill it fast! Ypu have s great treatment plan!!!

Kwilli- no daily shots for me - I take once neuladta patch

• Sunshine89
    Options

NashS thankyou so much for such a positive post...what are you diagnosis and whats your treatment plan? I have found alot of motivational stories on instagram there are only few which are sad stories and it really break my heart and thn i block those users so that i cant see it again...Most of the time i try to remain positive but thn there are some bad days...its more a mind game...and i have noticed the days i remain positive i feel more energetic and i dnt feel headache and i do something productive but on bad days i really feel like a ill person

• Sunshine89
    Options

bostoniangle25 my tumor was not that big this time it was just 1.3cm but it make a skin rash thats why it considered to be stage 3 :o thank you so much for the good wishes...i am also very confident about my treatment plan...

• NashS
    Options

Hello Sunshine,

I had a 2.2 cm tumor in my left breast, stage II, grade 3, triple negative, Lymph nodes came out as clear. Tomorrow I'll be meeting up with the chemo team to finally know what my treatment will be. Doctor told me beforehand I must go through chemo (he inserted the port while mastectomy), then radiation, and reconstruction after that (will also have my right breast removed that same day). I have to say that I'm very anxious about tomorrow's meeting. Don't know what to expect. I remember that when I first saw that lump (mine was visible, as it was very near the chest wall), everybody told me: Nash don't worry, it's probably some cyst...you're young (I'm 32), there's no history of any cancer in your family, you're athletic, you're a vegetarian...guess what...I was as shocked as they were...since that day, I have felt just like that 2U song "stuck in a moment". I feel like my life has stopped and everything is about passing that bridge. It's funny how now when one of my friends is smoking the thought of "wow, I had cancer and you smoke and you don't...how unfair" always gets to me (oh, I always refer my cancer in past tense. They took it out of my body and I will convince myself it's gone for good). Just like you said, those days where the sad thoughts come to my mind, I get so low and when I'm positive I feel like nothing can put me down, so full of energy. I printed a little messege, and have it on my desk that says: you are what you think...so everytime I feel down...I read it...slap myself...and tell myself..STOP IT, ...Sorry for the long writing, but it feels so damn good to let it out.

• TracyMX1035
    TracyMX1035 Member Posts: 2
    Options

I get a Neulasta shot the day after treatment. I am only one treatment in and hoping to get the Onpro next time so I don't have to come back in the next day (35 mile drive). I was advised to take Claritin before the shot. I just take it every day now as I also have seasonal allergies. In addition I took Aleve every 8 hours starting before the shot and then for 4 days after. I definitely had achy bones, but not severe pain. If I forgot to take the Aleve, I really felt it though. Hope it gets better for you. My oncologist said that the neulasta could sometimes be more brutal than the chemo.

• Hughope1
    Hughope1 Member Posts: 116
    Options

KWilli i am on Serxio shots, same thing. I take them 5 days in a row after each round of chemo. I have not experienced any bone pains, just no energy vary run down. "But that is what helps build our white cells back up." I have not been as sick this 2nd infusion, just kind of in a fog. One week away from infusion #3, figures I actually feel good today and can eat just about anything. Funny been starving for the past 14 days "LOL" Lets see what I can put back on this week of the 14 pound lost.

• cefinkc
    cefinkc Member Posts: 54
    Options

Hello Sunshne89 -- first of all -- congratulations on shaving!!!!! One less thing for you to worry about. About the negative thoughts -- I try not to think about that -- but know that they have come a LONG way since when my Mom at BC back in the '70's. This is so highly curable these days. I also turn to prayer, and pray not to be anxious about anything -- but with everything trust in Him. I know it's hard -- but it gets me through, and keeps me positive a majority of the time. Carol

• cefinkc
    Options

Ladies -- if you haven't read this post yet -- please go to the June site, and read HikingLady's post on September 5th. It is SO SO helpful with what to expect during your chemo journey, and what helped her. Hugs .. https://community.breastcancer.org/forum/69/topics...

• NashS
    Options

Cefinkc, absouletly helpful...great chemo post!!! Thanks

• Bostoniangal25
    Options

why we can’t take probiotics? What other supplements we can take , girls?

• benji69
    benji69 Member Posts: 88
    Options

Second A/C today. Feel fine so far. Knowing more about what to expect helped. Voluntarily walking into a scary place to be poisoned and poked won’t ever seem normal and hoping it is worthwhile. Do you have my concern that it isn’t getting cut out first which is more routine

• Kelly-Anne
    Kelly-Anne Member Posts: 62
    Options

Hi sunshine! I shaved my head too. Feels so much better. My family is doing well with the bald head, but I feel half dressed. Kinda like being naked in the living room. Weird!

Good luck tomorrow, I did my 2nd yesterday. I had all kinds of good and bad thoughts the night before. Dumped some of them on the oncologist and got a few more scans out of it for answers.

Welcome aboard Tracy and. A big hug to you and all the rest of our gang.

• maiyen
    maiyen Member Posts: 22
    Options

I was told that omega 3 supplements during chemo may not be a great idea so I'm going to stop those for the time being, but I've never heard of not being able to take probiotics. Would also like to know why that would be frowned upon..

• SarahNola
    SarahNola Member Posts: 45
    Options

hi ladies!

thinking of you all! 💕

i am off tomorrow am for second round!

sending good vibes out...

• SarahNola
    Options

oops forgot do want to let y’all know my dr recommend me to continue taking my probiotic!

• SarahNola
    Options

cefinkc thank you for posting hikinglady link! full of great info!

• Bostoniangal25
    Options

maiyen, there link from Hiking lady post about chemo and she said - about not taking probiotics.. but I m taking it ...she was taking B6, B12 ,

I post pic where hiking lady posted her chemo experience

• Bostoniangal25
    Options

here is more on vitamins image

• Bostoniangal25
    Options

Nash, I forgot if I said welcome - but anyway, welcome!!! Ypu young and bit that crap!!! ❤️Benjii- you are not poisoning and poking- you are killing that ass cancer cells!!! That more like it!!!

I m going with books, phone to watch movies and I make it more fun relaxing activity for me there while being treated! Bring positive helps me to fight! 😉😉😉cheer up, girl!!❤️❤️

• Kelly-Anne
    Kelly-Anne Member Posts: 62
    Options

Has anyone had a bone scan and/or a CT scan that they could share some details on? I got requisitions for them next week and was hoping for more details than what was on the site facts pages. (Everything at the hospital kinda freaks me these days. The more oh yah details i find out before the less tension when I’m there...)

Thanks!

• Sunshine89
    Options

Hello Everyone,

I had my second infusion today, met with my MO and we think most of the side effects of heart burn and dizziness is due to steriods. This time i am not taking any steroids to give a try...Will take Emenld one capsule for nausea every day for three days...lets see what happened this time...any of you ever thought of not taking steriods? i am kinda confused too.

NashS,

its a great news that you dont have cancer in your lymph nodes...I was 25 when i was first diagnosed now i am 29...i really like you positive approch and obviously its natural to feel low sometimes. Do let us know your treatment plan. You are quite young i hope your doctor will also give you the most aggressive plan to be extra careful...but for out own good..🤞

Cefinkc,

That is what makes my feel good...i pray alot...whenever i feel down i try to pray...Thanks of sharing link its really helpful...i am done with 25% of chemotherapy...yehhh

Kelly-Anney,

Good to know that you are also done with that hair thing, one step closer haaa...and best of luck for your scans...i am wondering why are you doing scans so late ? i think your cancer is in initial stage thats why, in 2014 i also didnt do any scans...and all the best...you dont need to worry...it wil be all fine

• cefinkc
    Options

Thank you Sunshine89!! My second infusion was Wednesday (9/5), I'm so happy that today I'm not as zonked as I was after my first infusion. Fingers crossed this one will be better. I am trying to get ahead of the constipation, (by following HikingGirl's suggestions), and drinking more water this time -- dang -- I thought drinking a liter a day was pretty good last time until I read HikingGirl's suggestion to drink 2-3 quarts! Yowzers! I guess anything to flush through the toxins.

SarahNola -- good luck today!!!!!!

Carol

• santabarbarian
    santabarbarian Member Posts: 2,310
    Options

@ KWilli I was told to take Claritin, starting 2 days prior to chemo, daily for for one week, and it will reduce bone pain from Neulasta.... Has worked for me for the first 2 treatments....

• Bostoniangal25
    Options

Kelly-Anne, I did both, I don’t remember/ if they tell you to eat before- please ask for instructions, but here what is coming for you:

They inject you with some radioactive staff

They will give you water look like taste like mineral water without bubbles - huge bucket

Then you have to wait

They will do a full body scan - ypu will lay down and they inject ypu some staff again and during that you will feel warmth in your body , I felt warmth in my stomach only - nothing scary

Bone scan- laying down and they bring you up high and scan you including head

Done... drink a lot after .. good luck !!!

• Bostoniangal25
    Options

sunshine- yay!!!

But I think steroids are for us to not make us allergic to chemo , to make us tolerate it. You know . I asked my doctor.

Hope you won’t feel any s e soon!!!!