Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Starting Chemo October 2018

Options

Comments

• RhosgobelRabbit
    RhosgobelRabbit Member Posts: 502
    Options

Hello ladies! Just giving a check in for those not on social media and to write also a more detailed message than I had on there. My long awaited appointment finally happened and I got the bonus to meet Notgivingup! :) It was such a crazy day in that it had so many different emotions, sensations, sights and smells. The city is so big and me being the type who likes to take everything in with my eyes it was a lot to take in. Notgivingup had me covered tho, from finding bathrooms to navigating streets to dealing with hot flashes to making sure I was okay getting around. Between her and my husband I felt well protected. I am soooo thankful my back, feet, and energy held up. I was most worried about the energy and back part and the back did flare several times but I just smiled through it and did what I had to. I wanted a surgery date, I can be upset about hurting later I thought. I HAVE A SURGERY DATE. Oct 2nd my ovaries "Pain" and "in the ass" are disappearing! Notgivingup asked me if I wanted her there for surgery, I said yes, having her there is like we are all together, so we shall see each other again soon!! :) It was so good to see her :) I know all of you were there in spirit, I just know it. Notgivingup and I have deduced that since we have the majority on location ya'll need to get your butts on over here! I will from this day forward not think of October as breast cancer month, I will think of October as the month where a group of women held hands, stared a mountain lion straight in the face and said, "Not today".

I was supposed to have Zometa today when I saw my MO, but she wants to push it out until a couple days after my surgery. She doesn't want anything to get in the way of me having that surgery. So, Oct 2nd I have my surgery, October 4th I see MO and get another Zometa. Then I have Appt, I think on the 23rd ( have to double check) for post op check up with surgeon to make sure I'm healed up well. I am going to be asking on October 4th MO appointment when I get to start the Ibrance, I am ready to dance on the ceiling baby, wooooo!! At the surgery center that I'm going to be having my ovary removal surgery done at, I can even choose music I want played..I am picking Lionel Ritchie 'Dancing on the Ceiling' for one of them for sure. I want to wake up from surgery with a smile :)

Emotionally i crashed today, it was rough. I was happy I saw my MO today, I love her, she is kind, gentle, realistic, honest and looks out for me but was slightly disappointed no Zometa again quite yet, I felt like with Zometa I was actually doing something now I'm running on Lupron fumes mixed with Zometa fumes...but the pill popping is coming. Sometimes in this cancer journey you gotta fight, for your right, to IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIbrance :)

Love to all of you!! :)

• Notgivingup
    Notgivingup Member Posts: 143
    Options

My Rabbit,

It truly was wonderful to be able to meet you and your husband yesterday. I was so pleased that I was able to be there to help you get around. I am sure it was overwhelming for you yesterday, but you didn't let it be known.

I will be there for your surgery. I hope you will let me know if you and your husband want anything for that day. The surgery will be here before you know it and then you can start your Ibrance. You are going to do great.

I want everyone to know we definitely felt you all there with us. We made sure to hug very hard. I hope you all felt it. I was glad we had time because we went to Rockerfeller plaza and St Patrick's Cathedral before the appointment.

Love to you all!

• annie60
    annie60 Member Posts: 295
    Options

I am so happy that the two of you were together and knew we were there with you in spirit. I am so glad you have a date, Rabbit. As always, you are in my prayers. I read some of your post to DH. He thinks you are so funny!!

Notgivingup - Thank you for going for us. I waited all day to see those pictures. It made my heart sing!!

I saw my surgeon today and was released. She has always been very business like but today, she told me how proud she was that I was finishing the course and if I had problems not to let anyone go "poking" around there - call her, she would get me in fast. Then she gave me a hug and sent me on my way. Check another one off.

Annie

• Pommom1809
    Pommom1809 Member Posts: 161
    Options

so glad to hear from you guys. I’m still soldiering on with dental work needing done before I can have Reclast. I will be getting cataracts checked next week to see if they need to come out. Other than those things facing me I’m doing fine except for my weight. I’ve lost over 30 pounds since all of this has begun & I can’t seem to get over 110 pounds.

My younger sister was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s the same time I was diagnosed with breast cancer. That was a year ago at this time in September. The ironies of ironies struck this week. My sister was found to have cancer in both of her breasts. She was to go to the surgeon today for the consultation, but wound up in the hospital. She passed out, found out she had been drinking way too much water, not eating & losing potassium. She is still in the hospital. This hurts more than when I found out I had cancer.

I have another sister who I told to get her butt to mammogram center ASAP! No cancer history, but now I & my sister have breast cancer.

Doris

• Newfromny
    Newfromny Member Posts: 108
    Options

Doris, I’m so sorry your sister is going through such a hard time. I also recently saw the dentist to get a sign off for prolia which sounds like it can give me some jaw problems. Seems there is always another doctor appointment.I’ve lost over 20 pounds gained back 10 but I’m stuck at about 113. I wish the best for you and your family.

• Pommom1809
    Options

thank you newfromny

• annie60
    Options

Pommom - I am so sorry. Please let us know how your sister is doing. Life is just too hard, sometimes. What are you having done at the dentist? I really hate going to the dentist - it use to be the worse thing to me. Of course, this year has changed that opinion.

I finally got word on my bone density - it just showed some mild bone loss and all I have to do is walk. Already doing that - so yea - no new meds. I am still having dizziness and am making an appointment this week to see PCP. I am not on any meds to cause this. My eyes go crazy after one of the tilt-a-world sessions, jumping and twitching. I hope this is something that can be fixed.

Pommom - I told DH about your DH massaging your feet. Tonight, my DH did this for me. Thank you!! It did seem to help.

Annie

• Pommom1809
    Options

Annie60 I’m getting 4 teeth pulled, then a root canal in another one. Dentist is doing all these things at once so I can start the bone infusion meds. My lower jaw in the front is eroding & she is doing a partial for those teeth which will be missing soon. She says I’m not a candidate for tooth implants. I think I would rather do chemo than go to the dentist! 🤗

My sister will be getting a mastectomy within the next two weeks, probably no chemo or radiation. It depends on her lymph nodes & ducts. Surgeon did say the radiation would be difficult for her to do. I spoke with her the other day & she was pretty lucid at the moment.

Annie60 glad you got relief from the foot massage. It’s my favorite tie of the day, my feet have been so smooth because of his massages.

Doris

• RhosgobelRabbit
    Options

Doris, my goodness you have alot going on! Ouch with all the dental work you need to get done but hope they either make you alittle loopy or have some good pain management in place for you for afterwards. I asked to be knocked out when I had all four wisdoms pulled at once. I was so loopy going home. My hubby went ahead of me to grab the door for me as we were leaving and I was just staggering along and the people coming through the door my husband was holding open just looked at me as I just stood there trying to maintain and move forward...my hubby said "She had her wisdom teeth out, she's kinda not with it right now" lol. Husband would ask me questions. "Would you like me to help you out of the car?" "Yeah, honey that would be swell". lol

Doris, I hope your sister's surgery goes well. I'm so sorry she is having to go through this and to hear about her diagnosis. Let us know how things go on all fronts.

Annie - that sounds really scary and frustrating, I hope they can find the cause of what's going on, updates please!

Well ladies, surgery date is almost here for me. Oct. 2nd. I'm kinda nervous but looking forward to moving forward with crap for a change. I thought there should be some special music or something to mark the occasion, so I will leave you on these notes :) Love to all of you :)

• Newfromny
    Options

I’m going to GMA on October 1st with other breastcancer.org members. Anyone here attending or want to join us? The moderators are taking us out for coffee after. I’d love to meet up with members of this group.

• Notgivingup
    Options

Newfromny- I am definitely interested in going. I messaged the moderators about wanting to go. I would love to meet up with you.

• Newfromny
    Options

Great, hope to see you there! I think we’re also getting shirts

• Notgivingup
    Options

I just heard back from the moderators, I will be going. Looking forward to meeting/seeing you!

• Pommom1809
    Options

Rabbit I will be sedated for the tooth pulling! I had that the last time I had a tooth pulled, it was wonderful. I woke up with no pain & the work was done! I get panic attacks at the dentist as I absolutely hate going! It will be like the twilight sleep.

I will be watching GMA if I don’t forget.

Doris

• Fritzmylove
    Fritzmylove Member Posts: 262
    Options

Hi all!

It's been a while since I've logged on here. I had my exchange surgery this past Wednesday. So that's it I guess. No more surgeries (unless I decide to do fat grafting down the line to improve the look of my implants.) Recovery has been easy. The worst part this go around has been the pain from having my port removed. My PS took it out while I was under with the approval of my MO. I see my MO for my 3 month check-in. Ready to get that over with so I can focus on the upcoming holiday season. I'm ready to be distracted by all things fall, Thanksgiving, and Christmas!

I think about you all often. You have a special place in my heart, and I pray for peace and wellness for you all. <3

• Notgivingup
    Options

This morning was awesome! I got to be part of GMA. The best part was meeting Newfromny and other members from BCO.

• Newfromny
    Options

So great meeting you and the other awesome BCO women, we are all a strong supportive group

• Pommom1809
    Options

I was watching this morning, great to see so many thriving! It’s been almost a year since I started down this road, port was installed October 15, chemo began October 16! I’m finished with the major stuff, but the leftovers are not so cool!

My sister was diagnosed two weeks ago. She will be starting her journey very soon, but won’t be getting the worst of it as she has Alzheimer’s.

I’ve been doing more things as I get more comfortable. Sunday I volunteered at the art museums Octoberfest pouring beer from the taps. Had a great time, but was a little nervous. I have done it two times before, but was feeling unsure of myself. So glad it all went well!

Doris

• Notgivingup
    Options

Picture of Rabbit and I before she went to surgery.

• Newfromny
    Options

Rabbit hope all went well you are in my prayers

• Pommom1809
    Options

Rabbit praying all is well.

• RhosgobelRabbit
    Options

Surgery went well, in and out :) Sore. Zometa went in yesterday, started Aromasin today. After I am cleared by Post op on 24th I start Ibrance. Baseline scans, CT and Bone before I start Ibrance too. Surgical menopause has been kinda interesting - very cranky one minute, crying the next. Giving myself time to adjust to everything. Thank you for all your prayers, I felt every one of them :)

Picture of me taken beginning of August around 1 yr cancer anniversary :)

• annie60
    Options

Good to read all the post. I haven't checked in for a while - I've had my granddaughters for a week and they keep me hopping! But I felt almost like my old self. Still dealing with neuropathy - taking gabapentin through the day and at night helps. Some days are better than others. Just messaged my PCP to set up a CT to see if we can find the cause of the dizziness. Staying off my blood pressure meds did not improve the situation.

I was so thrilled to see two of our group on GMA! Thriving!! That is my new prayer word!!

Doris - Please let us know how you did on the dental work and about your sister. I am so sorry.

Rabbit - keep going my sister! You are always in my thoughts and prayers.

If you haven't read Dr. Peter Harvey's article on "After the Treatment finishes - Then What?" Please do. It really helps with the roller coaster of emotions we have,

Fritz - In the chair tomorrow for HP. I am putting up my first Christmas Tree today - it's a great distraction and mood lifter. I am a Christmas nut and start decorating in October - I have so much stuff it takes me a while to get it all out. I'll try and post a pic when it's done. It was good to hear from you.

Love to all of you!

Annie

• LMP100
    LMP100 Member Posts: 6
    Options

Two weeks ago I was diagnosed, and now I'm doing chemo today. It's nice to see the experiences of others. I'm doing TCHP.

• annie60
    Options

LMP100 - so sorry you have to do this but you have found a great site for help and support you. This group of women have stayed in touch - I could not have made it without them! Please ask anything, vent or just need a shoulder, let us know. Good luck!

Annie

• Newfromny
    Options
    • LMP100 I also did TCHP , it wasn’t easy but I made it through and got pCR. If you have any questions please ask me, many women here helped me get through it. Like Annie said sometimes youjust needed to vent.
  • Pommom1809
    Options

my sister had her mastectomy this past Tuesday. There was no cancer in her lymph nodes plus her margins were clear. She’s happy to have the surgery over & has only two drains. She sees the oncologist next week & her surgeon for follow up. There will not be any chemo or radiation for her. I’ve been giving her advice & aid.

Doris

• KymFL
    KymFL Member Posts: 1
    Options

Hi, guys. New here, I’m 44, mom of one 13yo, preschool teacher. Triple positive, Dx’d Sept 20th. I had my port put in yesterday and start TCHP as soon as it’s healed. A friend recommended this forum to me and I’m already finding lots of helpful advice.

• annie60
    Options

KymFL - I'm so glad you found us. Please let us know how to help. A good thing to read is on this site is Tiffany's Twenty Terrific Tips for chemo. So sorry you have to do this, but we are here for you.

Annie

• annie60
    Options

Pommom - I am glad your sister came through the surgery and will not have to have more treatment. Please keep us updated. How are you?

Neuropathy any better?