Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Starting Chemo in February 2019

Options

Comments

• Gonnabeatthis
    Gonnabeatthis Member Posts: 57
    Options

Thanks for the info Paloma! I’m ready too!

• Mncteach
    Mncteach Member Posts: 241
    Options

I am 10 week pfc and have enough hair that someone today said I had a nice haircut for the warm spell we had.

• Newfromny
    Newfromny Member Posts: 108
    Options

You look great! I think after TCHP the hair coming back takes longer, this is about where I am after 5 months

• margun
    margun Member Posts: 385
    Options

mncteach- nice look and your hair is brown. I have some hair but all whiteWhen it will turn to its regular colour? Do you know when we can safely colour our hair because I had already some gray.

• notdefined
    notdefined Member Posts: 267
    Options

Mncteach-you look great!

Edited to find out if you continue to get hot flashes? If not, about when did they stop? Mine feel like they are getting worse now that I am no longer getting chemo.

• Gonnabeatthis
    Options

McTeach, you look great!

• margun
    Options

hello ladies,

Any one knows about Goldilocks mastectomy. First, I was proposed doing lumpectomy because my surgeon said she see no difference in the outcome in regards to mastectomy. Then ps proposed doing Goldilocks mastectomy given that my breast are ddd where this procedure can replace mastectomy and reconstruction in one shot. It sounds good but I did not hear before about this and I am wondering if any of you had that. Thanks

• laurencl
    laurencl Member Posts: 203
    Options

You look great

• loiswb
    loiswb Member Posts: 86
    Options

Love the hair McTeach!! Mine is 95% white still but only 3 weeks out so guess I'm impatient!

• Mncteach
    Options

Mine was white when it started and has darkened as it grew... I had no hot flashes thank goodness! Thank you everyone for the kind comments

• Kitkat8074
    Kitkat8074 Member Posts: 47
    Options

Hi Everyone!

Congrats to all who have completed chemo! Way to go!! I have one more round and I’m done 😁

Has anyone experienced swelling/lump around their collarbone area (not in port side)? I noticed the swelling yesterday and saw MO today. Sending me for CT Scan as he is concerned it could be the cancer and it may be resistant to the chemo treatments.

I’ll be honest, I’m very worried. I thought I was almost at the end of this phase, but this has sent me for a loop

• notdefined
    Options

Hi KitKat-Sending hugs and positive vibes. I had someone tell me that my throat looked swollen on one side, but it went down. Prayers it turns out to be nothing.

• Kitkat8074
    Options

Thank you, Notdefined! I appreciate yo

• margun
    Options

hi Kutkat- I hope that every will be fine. The chemo does a lot of weird things with our bodies and I hope this also will go away

• Kitkat8074
    Options

Thank you, Margun. I am praying it does too. CT Scan in morning then the waiting game begins

• notdefined
    Options

KitKat-The waiting is the worst! Hopefully they get you the results quickly, and I will be thinking of you tomorrow!

• notdefined
    Options

KitKat-Been thinking about you. When are you supposed to get the MRI results?

• Kitkat8074
    Options

Hi notdefined,

I received the results of the CT Scan today. It looks like a recurrence of cancer 😢 Next step is a CT guided biopsy. My MO is concerned because of the chemo treatments I’ve been and that if it is confirmed to be cancer, it is resistant to the chemo meds I’ve been on since February

I’m at a loss right now and it hasn’t hit me fully

• paloma1211
    paloma1211 Member Posts: 95
    Options

Oh KitKat. That is not the news anyone wants to hear. Please know that we are all here for you and with you, praying our hearts out. Sending you powerful positivity and healing vibes.

• notdefined
    Options

KitKat-I'm praying for you. That is devastating news. Hopefully there is a plan that can get this under control.

• laurencl
    Options

KitKat

We are with you! Hoping for some good news

• margun
    Options

KitKat,

We are with you and we hope that a new plan takes this under control

• Kitkat8074
    Options

Thank you all for the thoughts and prayers. I’m numb right now. Not sure what to do but pray and try to stay positive.

I’ll keep everyone posted as I know more

• paloma1211
    paloma1211 Member Posts: 95
    Options

Thinking of you, KitKat. Here's hoping all is well. ♥️

And wanted to show you all how my hair is coming back. I actually went to a job today without a hat or a wig. It's starting to look like a choice, instead of an illness. Last chemo was June 11.

• Gonnabeatthis
    Options

looking good Paloma. Mine is about the same thickness but white! Still not going without anything on my head

• notdefined
    Options

Thinking of you KitKat! How are you doing?

• Mncteach
    Options

I just started back to school this week and had lots of nice compliments about my new short haircut from those who didn’t know the battle I had. It is at that stage where I think it still screams cancer but others just think I went with a really short pixie! Cheers to all and hope everyone is doing well

• laurencl
    Options

Paloma

I love the idea that your hair looks like a “choice “. I have thought about it since you posted. My hair is not yet at choice stage for me, but I hope for it soon! Thank you!

Lauren

• Kitkat8074
    Options

Paloma you look amazing 😍

I’ve never worn a hat or scarf. I chose to rock the bald 😂

I’m doing okay. One day at a time. The waiting is the worst. Biopsies for armpit and clavicle scheduled for 9/13/19. Waiting to schedule third biopsy for my neck. Also CT Scan for chest, abdomen and pelvis to check if it’s spread anywhere else.

I feel good but mentally drained. So hard, was so close to surgery only for this to come up and slap me in the face as if to say, sorry false hope! Cancer is making me it’s bitch and I’m growing weary and tired mentally.

Sorry for the less than positive attitude. I know you all understand my emotional state. I put on a good front for family and friends but it’s getting harder.

I’ll keep you all posted. Thank you all for listening and your thoughts and p

• LizzieAG
    LizzieAG Member Posts: 32
    Options

hi everyone, I too went to work this week without a wig for the first time and it felt fabulous! It is not a “style" I ever would have chosen, but I am rocking earrings and trying to embrace it.

KitKat keep us posted and no need to apologize here, we are all thinking of you going through this next bump In the road, one step at a time !!