Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Jane McLelland protocol / COC protocol for STAGE IV members ONLY

Comments

• Frisky
    Frisky Member Posts: 1,686
    edited November 2019

thanks Nicole, thatwonderful! Great info that will help tons of people!

• BevJen
    BevJen Member Posts: 2,341
    edited November 2019

Thanks, Nicole -- really appreciate it!

Bev

• nicolerod
    nicolerod Member Posts: 2,877
    edited November 2019

No problem ...((((hugs)))) we are all in this!!! We all need help and info and gotta pay it forward! :)

• anotherone
    anotherone Member Posts: 553
    edited November 2019

you are so disciplined , Nicol !

• maaaki
    maaaki Member Posts: 105
    edited November 2019

Hi, I am reading your interesting posts and experimenting by myself as well. I started doxy 100 mg for one months in september combing it with iv C (i am doing iv c for two years 50-75 g per week in one iv, metformin i am taking since january). I also started kisqali in august, but in october my marker fall down to normal. It was slightly elevated ( i have one stubborn met in vertebra/ was cyberknifed in july, but has suv falled only in half on pet, so thinking about spondylectomy) Then I had one month only kisqali, was afraid to add mebendazol yet. And my marker went slightly up—still within range. I added doxy again in november and after one week of doxy it went down again. So i think it has some impact. Liver enzymes are perfect, the best I had. I had problems with their elevation before, due to different medicaments, also had solitary liver met that was resected

• maaaki
    edited November 2019

i am checking the drug interaction here:https://cancer-druginteractions.org/checker

• nicolerod
    edited November 2019

I would add in as much as you can as only taking 1 or 2 things will not block enough pathways...

• maaaki
    edited November 2019

I am also doing egcg, quercetin, berberin, vit D, mushrooms and 4 times a week exercise, planning to add statin and mebendazol Wanted to say, that no liver enzymes issue while on doxy and it may be lowered my marker a bit.

• husband11
    husband11 Member Posts: 1,287
    edited November 2019

Good news, my wife called the cancer centre and they agreed to do her bloodwork monthly. That was required by COC for safety purposes as some of the drugs have potential to damage the liver.

• nicolerod
    edited November 2019

HUSBAND YAY!!! I think that is great way to go!

OK LADIES>... I need info about COC I just found out my Mebedazole is $600.00 / per pill and my insurance will only cover $1500.00 so I am either gonna have to do Fenben...or consult with COC...its just that I get the Doxy for free...and all my other stuff....When I spoke to COC I thought they said its like $185.00 every 3 months and that includes prescriptions....is that right?

• husband11
    edited November 2019

Yes, they told us the 3 or 4 medicines were very cheap. I can't figure out why the mebendazole would cost that much for even a year's worth of it. Must be some kind of golden pill to worth $600.00. Even ibrance is cheaper than $600 a pill.

If you can't get a cheap generic for less than a buck a pill, then maybe fenbendazole is the way to go.

• nicolerod
    edited November 2019

Yea and I read somewhere else on here (I think way back in the ringworm thread maybe??) that someone said those pills were that much... crazy right??? I just paid $200 for my phone consult w/ her all my meds though are free through insurance...

• JFL
    JFL Member Posts: 1,373
    edited November 2019

Yes, Nicole, the COC protocol drugs are a total of $60 per month / $180 for 3-month supply. Given that one takes 3 different meds each month (factoring in the rotation of atorvastatin and doxi), that equates to about a $20 copay for each med per month. $600 per mebendazole pill is just disgusting. Seriously, so wrong!

• daywalker
    daywalker Member Posts: 77
    edited November 2019

I am so shocked to see the cost of Mebendazole in America! Here in South Africa it costs 3 dollars for one 500mg tablet, but on the other hand we have no fenbendazole available, only if we import which is very expensive... All the best ladies!

• nicolerod
    edited December 2019

Thought you all might be interested in this..pretty much sums up the book

https://www.lifeextension.com/magazine/2020/1/well...

• Frisky
    edited December 2019

Nicole thanks! That's a wonderful article for people that have not read the book yet...

Does anyone know what over the counter supplement blocks the glutamine pathway? Is there such a thing?

Last I checked doctor Siegfried was proposing such a restrictive diet....impossibile to follow as glutamine is in everything

here's the list of her over the counter cancer blocking pathways...of course there's whole protocols associated regarding how much and what have you...COC is the abbreviated version...

Jane is coming out with a new book in 2020, that hopefully is much clearer about the various cancers preferred pathways and associated remedies...

Will definitely buy her new book as well...money well spent

• Frisky
    edited December 2019

I'm no longer shocked Daywalker....we Americans take great pride in paying more than any other country for healthcare while competing with Marocco for quality...

Our life's expectancy keeps on dropping...third year in a row....we are now number 40 among the developed countries...while being the richest and paying more than some countries combined!!Shocked

I warned people that the cost of FZ and MB would skyrocket...I'm amazed they are still available...usually when something potentially works against cancer the FDA makes sure it's quickly taken off the market...

• santabarbarian
    santabarbarian Member Posts: 2,311
    edited December 2019

Hey Frisky: on the lists you posted above, why is there an asterix by "Niacin"?

• Frisky
    edited December 2019

Santa...I'm not sure what that means...I remember niacin being a double edge sword...I remember buying it but setting it aside due to the unbearable flushing of my skin...

Will look it up...I'm sitting here at MSK waiting for Godot....the pet tracer that has not been delivered yet...huge crowd ahead of me...

To reschedule or not to reschedule that is the question

• husband11
    edited December 2019

We have now been told by COC that they are providing us with a prescription for the drugs, rather than the actual drugs. Must be because we are Canada. That leaves me then wondering about the cost. More or less? We have a call into COC to ask about that. They have been excellent so far, and the consultation was good, as was the follow up letter with suggestions for supplements for my wife. They are suggesting she takes vitamin B12 to offset her low blood counts, neuropathy and the effect metformin has on B12 levels. It will be great if that works.

• Frisky
    edited December 2019

About niacin....it looks like I have to start taking it again.. but, it blocks the cholesterol pathway...not the glutamine...

Cancer

Studies of cultured cells (in vitro) provide evidence that NAD content influences mechanisms that maintain genomic stability. Loss of genomic stability, characterized by a high rate of damage to DNA and chromosomes, is a hallmark of cancer (42). The current understanding is that the pool of NAD is decreased during niacin deficiency and that it affects the activity of NAD-consuming enzymes rather than redox and metabolic functions (43). Among NAD-dependent reactions, poly ADP-ribosylations catalyzed by PARP enzymes (ARTDs) are critical for the cellular response to DNA injury. After DNA damage, PARPs are activated; the subsequent poly ADP-ribosylations of a number of signaling and structural molecules by PARPs were shown to facilitate DNA repair at DNA strand breaks (44). Cellular depletion of NAD has been found to decrease levels of the tumor suppressor protein p53, a target for poly ADP-ribosylation, in human breast, skin, and lung cells (45). The expression of p53 was also altered by niacin deficiency in rat bone marrow cells (46). Impairment of DNA repair caused by niacin deficiency could lead to genomic instability and drive tumor development in rat models (47, 48).

Bone marrow

Cancer patients often suffer from bone marrow suppression following chemotherapy, given that bone marrow is one of the most proliferative tissues in the body and thus a primary target for chemotherapeutic agents. Niacin deficiency was found to decrease bone marrow NAD and poly-ADP-ribose levels and increase the risk of chemically induced leukemia in rats

• Frisky
    edited December 2019

From the MD Siegfried web site...

While you'll never be able to eliminate glutamine from your diet, you can, however, eat foods that keep cancer cells from using glutamine. Here's the what, why and how:

• green tea: contains EGCG, which inhibits an enzyme, glutamate dehydrogenase, that helps cancer cells use glutamine
    • ashwaghanda: contains the enzyme L-asparaginase, which keeps you from digesting glutamine. Make a relaxing tea from it.
    • seeds of fresh peppers: All peppers from the capsicum annum family, including the large sweet bells and many smaller pungent peppers, contain L-asparaginase, especially in their seeds. (If you don't have cancer, however, avoid a steady diet of pepper seeds due to your body's need for glutamine.)
  • nicolerod
    edited December 2019

Frisky,

If you mean the Glutamine IGF-1 pathway its Metformin and Berberine...if you mean Glucose Glut 1 its Statin Quercetin, EGCG Graviola and Curcumin. I do the STATIN. The Glutaminolysis is the one I am not blocking though...because it requires EGCG, Holy Basil, Reservatrol, curcumin, Asparaginase...I am not taking those.

• Frisky
    edited December 2019

And why would that be Nicole?

• nicolerod
    edited December 2019

Well...Green Tea bothers my bladder bad for one thing... plus...Green Tea Extract, Resveratrol and Asparaginase are not good with Hormone + BC and the curcumin I am on the fence with ...it has anti oxidant properties..and with Stage 4 BC and Chemo...it would be silly for me to take anything that can lessen the efficacy of the chemo. Oh I almost forgot...Holy Basil also anti oxidant properties... won't use during a kill phase...

• Frisky
    edited December 2019

I understand...we all have to make our choices and I love that you do your homework!

Hope it all works out and we learn from each other's experiences!

I swear Siri is getting dummer by the minute...I used to LOVE everything apple and now it's only a heartache....I miss Steve Jobs... what happened to good old-fashion American perfectionism and exceptionalism??

Still waiting to be scanned and I'm getting so hungry...I wish they would at least give me that liter of tea to drink...

Talking about tea...I’ve been drinking the equivalent of 3 to 4 cups of green tea@day...gave up on the coffee. I sleep a lot better...

• nicolerod
    edited December 2019

Praying for SHRINKAGE on those scans Frisky!!!!!!!

• Frisky
    edited December 2019

Thanks Nicole! I just finished drinking my iced tea...and I'm good to go...right now I'm visualizing how good my Italian sandwich is going to taste after this is all over....hopefully they will still have a fresh ciabatta bread still available...

• nicolerod
    edited December 2019

I AM ENVIOUS OF YOU RIGHT NOW!!!!! NY + BREAD = HEAVEN!!!!!!!

I will be in your shoes tomorrow with the scans.

• husband11
    edited December 2019

Someone needs to automate the Jane McClelland pathway process. Put all the data into a smart engine and let us enter what we know about the characteristics of the cancer, and have it spit out the suggestions.