Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Starting Chemo May 2019

Options
1515253545557»

Comments

• UpstateNYer
    UpstateNYer Member Posts: 331
    Options

Hi Mountain Mia and everyone,

I think of all of you often and pray for your continuing good health and peace of mind. Hoping your holiday went well. What a challenging year this has been with this darn virus. Several of my cousins and neighbors have contracted it, but my immediate family has not, thank God. I am doing well. Hubby retired at the end of July. Adjusting to him being around most of the time😜. One of my closest friends who lives in Florida got dx with breast cancer and had lx this past month. Trying to help her through it long distance. She faces 6 weeks of rads next. Wishing everyone a Happy Covid-free New Year. Love you all. Pat💝

• jrominger
    jrominger Member Posts: 342
    Options

Hi MtnMia. Nice to hear from you. Happy new year. I guess it’s good that everyone is busy just living and hopefully enjoying life!! Natalie and I are doing great. Just celebrated our 39th wedding anniversary. We got started early😜. Hoping to get our vaccines soon but being under 60 barely it might be awhile. We are hoping to do some traveling once we get the jab. We are exercising a ton. Trying to eat well and not stressing about cancer. Natalie is better at that than I am. Hope you and everyone in this group is doing well. Blessings to all.

Jayimage

• mountainmia
    mountainmia Member Posts: 857
    Options

Great picture, J! Thanks for stopping by. Enjoy the travel once you get the chance. I live in Iowa, which is doing the vaccination thing badly! So it might be a few months before I get vaccinated. Hoping for sooner rather than later.

• jrominger
    Options

AZ isn’t much better on the vaccine roll out. I have date in late February since I’m still doing law enforcement work. We are hoping the cancer center might get them for Natalie before too long. You take care of yourself. Great to hear from you.

• santabarbarian
    santabarbarian Member Posts: 2,310
    Options

Happy to check in with my friends in this thread!

2 years out, I am well, energetic, no problems. Still fasting periodically and being attentive to my physical health and exercise. Just my new normal now.

Cheers & love to everyone on this thread!

• ByUmom2
    ByUmom2 Member Posts: 36
    Options

Hi folks! I have to admit I haven’t logged on here in a while.

jrominger— I just saw your post from back in October. So sorry I missed it. Been busy hanging around home. My daughter is still home from university. She attends Harvard. She decided to do an internship here at home in the electrical engineering department at a large offshore marine company. At least she is earning money and work experience. Hopefully she will be back on campus this summer or fall. Have my next oncologist visit on February 1. Unfortunately really nervous...

Hope everyone is doing well and fighting on! Best to you all!❤️
  • jrominger
    Options

santabarbarian congratulations on your 2 yr anniversary!! A day at a time!! We are working out daily as always and trying to keep our minds off cancer which we do pretty easily theses days. Praise God for that.

Umom2 good to hear from you!! Your daughter is impressive!!! She must get it from her mother!!! How did the oncology visit go?? I’m praying it was highly successful!!

Jay

• UpstateNYer
    Options

Hello everyone and Happy Holidays!

Hoping everyone is staying happy and healthy. It would be good to hear from everyone with an update. I am doing well. I miss my friends from this board.

Pat👍💕

• mountainmia
    mountainmia Member Posts: 857
    Options

Hi all. Thanks for the note, Pat/UpstateNYer.

It's funny, chemo seems really long ago for me. (I had a short course, 4x AC and nothing else.) My hair is almost shoulder length like it was before it came out. Last year I kept it pretty short with home hair cuts, rather than go in salons during covid.

I had a scare in September when I felt a new lump in my lumpectomy scar, which then doubled in size over the next 3 weeks. The biopsy showed it was a form of scar tissue called foreign body giant cell reaction. Not one of the more typical things to happen, and it took longer to get pathology back than was comfortable. But benign, and that's the important thing.

Other than that I've been healthy in terms of cancer, as far as I know. I have PCP annual exam in a couple of weeks and mammogram and ABUS at the beginning of February. Each time so far I've had some kind of problem and call-back, so I'm already feeling tiny tentacles of anxiety reaching for me. Twice in the last few days I've woken up from bad dreams of being in some kind of danger. I don't know if it's related, but I would like it to quit!

End of February will be 3 years since my diagnosis with triple negative.

• UpstateNYer
    Options

Hi Mia,

So good to hear from you. Sounds like you are doing relatively well. What a relief that your scare in September turned out to be benign. That waiting period had to have been nerve wracking. Try not to let the anxiety get to you before your appointments. I know it is easier said than done. I try not to think about upcoming appointments too much. In the beginning of my follow ups , I would be full of anxiety. I am past that now. I try to stay as positive as I can. Hoping your upcoming appointments go well and no call backs for you. I am also 3 years from diagnosis in early Feb. Hoping to get past the 5 year mark. My Onco was high, so MO considers me as a triple negative even though I was estrogen positive. Go figure.

Happy New Year! Pat.