Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Starting Chemo September 2019

Comments

• angieb92
    angieb92 Member Posts: 291

Brilee - my wig was so hot that so abandoned it for scarves and beanies. I’ll keep it in case I need it for special occasions.

My next treatment is tomorrow. I’m actually looking forward to is to get the ball rolling further down the line.

I hope everyone is having a great Monday!!

• Gamb
    Gamb Member Posts: 570

Hey all

That's how I feel Angie, my next is Thursday, I'm ready also, it will be ball caps and beanies for me. The weather here finally broke from the 100 degrees for a month, down into the mid 70s, nice weather with slow and steady rain which we need desperately. Hope everyone has a nice evening.

• Jacqs
    Jacqs Member Posts: 1

Hi all! Had my first round of TCHP on 9/20 and I'm so glad I discovered this forum. I don't personally know anyone else who has gone through this (I'm 26) and from what I've seen so far, this is exactly the kind of insight I was looking for. I work full-time and can already tell it's going to be extremely difficult for me to maintain any semblance of productivity. Honestly, having a hard time coping.

Any of you ladies also doing Dignicap?

• Gamb

Hi Jacqs

I'm not, but I think a couple of ladies are

• tmh0921
    tmh0921 Member Posts: 519

Welcome Jacqs,

I'm not cold capping, but we do have a few ladies that are who will chime in soon I'm sure.

Tracy

• tmh0921

I'm only wearing my wig at work now. I have officially ditched it for everything else, its too hot and itchy. I'm going for comfort....

I was mostly worried about my oldest sons reaction since I chaperone all of his band activities. But he's been very supportive, and the kids in the band have been great along with the other band parents.

• tmh0921

Maggie

Thanks for the input on the hair stubble. I figured it was just the roots of what was left, but it was nice for a minute to think my hair was already re-growing LOL.

Tracy

• tmh0921

Gamb

So glad you got time with your grandbabies!

When I first shaved my head my youngest son told me I looked like a boy now... gee, thanks LOL. He's 11, and has aspergers. He has no filter at all. He loves his mama though, and is always checking to see if I'm all right.

Tracy

• Cat029
    Cat029 Member Posts: 24

a few days out from AC #3. Pretty tired and a little achy. Had my follow up with my onco and I have one more AC on 10/18 before we do an ultrasound to see if the tumor is responding. If so, it will be on to 12 weeks of Taxol.

• Monkey0299
    Monkey0299 Member Posts: 28

Jacqs - I am cold capping with Paxman. I'm halfway through 4 TC infusions. I have not have great success with the cold cap, which has been very disappointing for me because I was so hopeful I could keep some hair. I've probably lost 80% of my hair, but I'm still getting by day to day with a baseball cap. I have purchased a wig, though and will be wearing it.

Others have had much better success. My oncologist has a great deal of experience with cold capping and has done studies on paxman, but there isn't always a great way to tell who will be successful and why, so it is definitely worth a try. I wish you the best luck with cold capping!

Maggie (or anyone) - do you have any experience with hair extensions? I’m wondering how long hair has to be before you can get extensions. I have always had long hair, and I would like something to look forward to to make me feel more whole as summer approaches.

• Del13
    Del13 Member Posts: 180

Truly depends on how and what they use to put in the extensions, also experience, I’m hate this for you, you’re hair will grow back,until it does they do have wigs now that are hairline which means the actual top and crown have no hair, they come in long, short, all color shades, a great possibility if you like to wear hats, hugs

• snaffle53
    snaffle53 Member Posts: 107

Wednesday is my 4th and last AC treatment!!! I don’t think we are doing anything to monitor as I have no tumor in my breast only lymph node involvement. I do know the lymph node in my armpit is no longer palpable. So chemo is working!

It’s just the usual 2 weeks until my 1st of 12 weekly treatments with Taxol. I haven’t counted out the weeks till I’m done. I just know it goes past Christmas. I just try to take things day to day. I’ve broken out with a few skin sores. One on my face. But mostly my arms. It’s chemo! I’m sure this is related.

My husband and I actually went out to dinner with friends tonight. It was nice to do something normal. But, it wore me out too. Tomorrow is labs. Wednesday chemo day. Thursday Fulphila shot. I know I’ll feel pretty good until Friday. The weekend will be tough. But, I’m doing it! I am kicking cancer’s butt

• ange743
    ange743 Member Posts: 69

Snaffle - That's awesome! 😊

• Juniebird
    Juniebird Member Posts: 5

Hi Jacqs, I am using Dignicap. I'm doing weekly treatments, have done four already, have number five tomorrow. I haven't seen any hair loss so far. The nurses at the infusion center are really good with fitting the cap.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,483

Welcome, Jacqs! We're glad you've joined us here, and hope you find this community to be a source of support. As you can already see from the responses here, you are not alone!

The Mods

• urdrago71
    urdrago71 Member Posts: 500

Hi all, you all can do this. Im dropping in from April 2018 group. Theres many of us here to support you.. Sending good vibes & cyber hugs

• Floridaliving18
    Floridaliving18 Member Posts: 52

Hi

LMS looks like your hair is hanging on. On AC they told me I would loose mine. Came out by the handfuls by second treatment. Shaved mine Sunday then Monday my son 18 took us to lunch I wore a beanie froze to death in the air conditioning with no hair. I guess next time I have to wear the wig in the air condition or hat. Hope you are doing good for chemo week.

• Floridaliving18

Hi

Snaffle53. Congratulations on last AC.!! Counting down helps me. Number 2 last week doing good. Thanks for posting helps me see what to expect. Glad you got to go enjoy a dinner out. I think we are all on the holiday chemo round. Maybe I will decorate early but my son born on thanksgiving wants no part of his Bd and Christmas together. Nov 23 is a week early this year. So I can decorate a week early. The news now says you can decorate for Christmas at Halloween. That seems early.

Looking forward to everyone’s progress.

Prayers to all keep kicking cancer butt!!!

• Floridaliving18

Hi cat

You got this !!! hang in there rest and be good to yourself.

Prayers for strength and healing.

• Floridaliving18

Hi Tracy

Your son is funny!! I have an 18 year old son with aspergers and he doesn’t want to see my head without a beanie. How do you have the energy for band activities? You amaze me.

• tmh0921

Floridaliving

I usually spend the next day in bed napping LOL

I’m trying my best to keep things as normal as possible for my kids when I can. It’s not always possible, but I’m trying. I make up for it with a day in bed usually.

Tracy

• Brilee76
    Brilee76 Member Posts: 190

Thanks for popping over urdrago!

Congratulations on getting to your final treatment Snaffle!!

Today is the first day I'll be wearing a wig all day. I brought a hat to work with me just in case it gets to uncomfortable. Here is a pic of me before chemo and a couple in two of my wigs.

• Del13

Brilee,,,,,,I love it!! Looking great!! You definitely wiggin it down girl

Also your eyes are beautiful

• angieb92

Brilee - looking good rocking those wigs.

Snaffle - Yay for last treatment of AC tomorrow!!

Jacq - welcome to our group!!

I’m currently sitting in a chair at the infusion clinic. I’ve already had Perjeta and now I’m getting Herceptin. Taxotere is next Then Carboplatin.

• Del13

Looking great Angie, I’m thinking we have the same chemo cocktail!!! Hugs!!!

• Brilee76
    Brilee76 Member Posts: 190

Angie - Your brows look amazing! I gotta learn to do that!

• angieb92

We are, Maggie and it’s completely doable!!

Brilee - thanks! It’s a regular Cover Girl eyebrow pencil. Steady hands are the key - usually when I’ve had 1/2 of a cup of coffee! 😂

• Gamb

wow, you ladies are gorgeous !!!!

• Del13

• Del13

stencils are great to use, Angie you the best, eyebrows are perfect girl!! I’m lucky if I can get my lips lined straight I have purchased the stencils, also if my oncologist approves, I have a friend that can do henna brows for me,