Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...
Webinar: Corrective Breast Reconstruction: Getting the Results You Want Join us July 9, 2024 at 6pm ET. Register here.

Starting Chemo September 2019

Options

Comments

• Floridaliving18
    Floridaliving18 Member Posts: 52
    Options

Hi

nice hair Bridget. my white hair started to grow 2 weeks before end of treatment not enough to post.

• Floridaliving18
    Options

Hi

yesterday was my last treatment of Ac+t chemo 5 months of chemo finished.!!! Best day yet. 😀 I might be one of the last to finish but if not hang in there. I did ring the bell. I have to wear my wig since it’s so cold for me in the florida air condition. My white hair started to grow 2 weeks ago.

prayers to all post surgery or finishing your chemo. Praying for healing and a healthy year! Christi image

• angieb92
    angieb92 Member Posts: 291
    Options

Congratulations, Christi!!!! Feels so good to ring that bell!

Maggie - I love your good news about surgery and your lymph nodes!! Continued prayers for quick healing and good pathology report!

When I rang the bell in December, the oncology nurse gave me two medallions that signified seeds of hope. I was supposed to take one medallion to put in the hope garden at my cancer institute. The lady in charge of that wasn’t in that day so I went yesterday after my Herceptin treatment. The medallion I put in the vessel placed in the garden signified hope to all who will come after me for chemo. The second medallion I will give to a friend who was recently diagnosed with triple negative BC. When I put my medallion in, I did so as a representative of this group because this group gave me lots of hope and I pray those who come after us find a group like this!

Have a great day! ❤️

• Gamb
    Gamb Member Posts: 570
    Options

Congrats Floridaliving!!!!!!!

• lms458412
    lms458412 Member Posts: 289
    Options

Congratulations Christi! So happy for you!

• Brilee76
    Brilee76 Member Posts: 190
    Options

Congratulations Christi!! And thank you on the hair compliment. I was starting to think my hair was going to come in completely white but the dark hair is filling in. We'll see what we end up with!

• eveldon
    eveldon Member Posts: 31
    Options

Congrats on everyone finishing!! Hope you all recover quickly.Heart

• tmh0921
    tmh0921 Member Posts: 519
    Options

Congratulations Christi!!

Smile

• tmh0921
    Options

Maggie - So glad to hear your surgery went well and your nodes were clear! I hope your final pathology comes back good!

Bridget - Your hair is looking good! The top will fill in, my top was thinner than the rest for a while.

Angie - Yay for hair, it'll start filling in quickly

I'm hanging in there. I have an appt with a gastroenterologist on Friday to set up a colonoscopy :( My oncologist wants me screened. I am not looking forward to it, I had one when I was 29 after my first DX and absolutely HATED the prep. I hear it's much easier now so I guess that's a plus. I have to full tissue expanders on my chest, with one more fill to go (making sure to have ample skin to work with). My exchange surgery is in March, but I gotta say even the tissue expanders make my fake chest look nice. I wasn't that large before (maybe a small B) and I'm filled to a C cup. I have to decide if I want to stay a C or go a little smaller. Where I am now looks good and natural for my frame so I may stick with a C cup :)

Tracy

• tmh0921
    Options

Angie -

I love the medallion ceremony, and the meaning behind it. Hope. It's so important to us all.

• Floridaliving18
    Options

Angie,

I also love the medallion idea for hope for someone.

This group did me me a lot of hope that I wasn’t alone in all this. It also gave me hope that I could get through this. Thank you Tracy for starting this group and keeping everyone encouraged like so many of you did.

Thank you all for your post that keep me going !!!

Prayers to all for recovery and continued good health.

Many Blessings.

Christi

• Brilee76
    Options

Friday update! 12 weeks PFC:

My tummy is still too tender for regular jeans so I got some maternity jeans. 😂 I'm spotting a little still but my GYN says that's normal. My nails never came off but still look rough. I feel pretty good all things considered. Happy Valentine's Day you guys! I love ya!

• angieb92
    Options

Bridget- your hair game is strong!!! Hope the nails get better!!

Peace and love to you all on this Valentine’s Day!’n

• Patty66
    Patty66 Member Posts: 45
    Options

Congrats, Christi - you made it!!! So wonderful to hear...

Got the pathology report from my surgeon: they managed to cut out the entire tumor (what at first seemed to be 2 tumors turned out to be a single one with not the exact same makeup in all areas) with clear margins. Chemo worked. Sentinel lymph nodes not involved. I can hardly believe it: primary treatment is over. Radiation and hormonal treatment to follow but surely will be easy to bear after the chemo beast we’ve all been through.

I am crossing my fingers for everyone here for nothing but great news on surgery, pathology and follow-up treatments.

Tracy, don’t worry about the colonoscopy. As a Crohn’s person from age 15 on had many and both prep and procedure have become so much easier! Piece of cake, especially for all of us in this hardened group.

• Patty66
    Patty66 Member Posts: 45
    Options

Congrats, Christi - you made it!!! So wonderful to hear...

Got the pathology report from my surgeon: they managed to cut out the entire tumor (what at first seemed to be 2 tumors turned out to be a single one with not the exact same makeup in all areas) with clear margins. Chemo worked. Sentinel lymph nodes not involved. I can hardly believe it: primary treatment is over. Radiation and hormonal treatment to follow but surely will be easy to bear after the chemo beast we’ve all been through.

I am crossing my fingers for everyone here for nothing but great news on surgery, pathology and follow-up treatments.

Tracy, don’t worry about the colonoscopy. As a Crohn’s person from age 15 on had many and both prep and procedure have become so much easier! Piece of cake, especially for all of us in this hardened group.

• angieb92
    Options

Great news, Patty!!!

• tmh0921
    Options

Patty - yay for good pathology results!!! 🎉🎉🎉

Y'all it's a beautiful day just northeast of Atlanta Georgia! The sun is out after days of rain! My oldest son's Indoor Drumline competition season has started and I'm out with these kids today chaperoning and cheering them on. I can actually keep up with the walking now, and it feels good.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Tracy

• lms458412
    Options

Congrats on the good report, Patty66!

I hope everyone has enjoyed their weekend.

Yesterday, I had a strange experience. I was at my son's soccer game. I was coming out of the women's bathroom and a boy who looked about 6 or 7 years old started yelling and pointing at me, "That's a man! That's a man!" I didn't say anything, just headed to the field since the game was starting.

I had on a headband, dangly earrings and my fake boobies, so I thought I looked sort of feminine. Despite that experience, I am still going out without my hat because it's warm here.

I have 7 more rads treatments and then I'm done, except for hormonal treatment and some liposuction and scar revision. I can't wait!!!!

Keep smiling and keep healing, ladies!

• tmh0921
    Options

Leah

Don’t be discouraged, kids have no filters. I remember when I shaved my head my youngest took one look at me and said “Mom you look like a boy”. Sigh, it wasn’t a good feeling. Our femininity is something that cancer make us struggle with. Even during my first diagnosis, when I didn’t have chemo and I “only” had a lumpectomy, I struggled. My doctor had taken me off of my birth control and then adamantly said “don’t get pregnant”. My hormones were messed up, I was stressed the heck out, I had scars on my book and my armpit, and now sex became an issue too. I felt so less than feminine.

I guess now I’m over the whole femininity thing, I just don’t want to look sick. I’ve accepted my body changes, and so has my husband. I just don’t want to look or feel sick.

We are all beautiful ladies.

Tracy

• angieb92
    Options

Leah - you don’t look like a man to me! My first thought was that the kid has probablyoverheard conversations about transgender people and bathrooms and is now hyper aware of anyone he thinks looks like the opposite gender coming out of the bathroom. I know my kid would not have paid that much attention to people leaving the bathroom at that age.

It’s a shame that kid wasn’t old enough to appreciate the true story of your fight and your bravery and how far you have come since diagnosis. I wish he could have known and understood how excited you are that hair is coming in and how wonderful it was to feel good enough to attend your son’s soccer game.

He may not understand but we do! And we celebrate this day with you!! And you look like a girl! ❤️

• Brilee76
    Options

I never wear a hat or wig. Opinions are like buttholes. Everyone has one and most of them stink.

• lms458412
    Options

Tracy - Thank you for your kind and wise words. I am not discouraged. I guess it was just awkward because I've never experienced anything like that. Yes, we are all beautiful!!!!!!!!

Angie - I am sure you are right about the circumstances. I hope the adult standing next to him used it as a teaching lesson to maybe not shout so loud when he sees something like that as he may be (as in this case) mistaken!

Bridget - You made me crack up! Nerdy

• Gamb
    Options

Hey all, it was a beautiful day here in Se Ky, and for a little while the heaviness of thoughts of cancer was lightened. Looked at the spot for my garden and estimated how much effort I had to have to prepare it. I decided no effort on my part, but my two oldest grandkids will jave to fork up lots of stamina....lol

• Gamb
    Options

I meet with my mo for my survivorship plans this Thursday. She wanted me to meet with the geneticist, which I did, but I felt it was a waste of time,,my breast surgeon told me evertything that the geneticist said, so I already knew about my ckek 2 mutation and the extra tests and all. I hope to get my colonoscopy scheduled and done with before spring. I still get very anxious at times and nothing I do seems to calm me and then it leaves all on its own, which is good, I just wish it would leave earlier...lol

• Del13
    Del13 Member Posts: 180
    Options

Sending Hugs to all, One week post op, I will say this I hate the damn drains,😳 Oncologist tomorrow, see surgeon Thursday, fingers crossed oncologist has path report, FYI I kinda like my new Body look, I will post a picture, Wow we have come so far!! So Happy and thankful for this group, I would have never made with out you all, also my hair is sparse all gray, inch long in spots, and completely stands up, or sticks out, kinda funny looking, but I don’t care, sending positive vibes ❤️❤️❤️

• Brilee76
    Options

Maggie, the drains are the worst. I hope you get them out soon. My grey hair seemed more resilient against the chemo. At first, the only hair I had was white. I was starting to think it was gonna come back completely grey but the pigmented hair started coming in a few weeks later.

This group Truly has been a blessing. I hope we never stop checking in here.❤😊

• Del13
    Del13 Member Posts: 180
    Options

Complete response to chemo!!!! I love y’all

• Gamb
    Options

That's FANTASTIC Maggie!!!!

• angieb92
    Options

Yes Maggie!!!!!!! Wonderful news!!!!!!! I hope you get the drains out soon!

Bridget - I hope we keep posting here too! I don’t plan on stopping. I get so much energy from you all. Hugs on this rainy Tuesday!!

• snaffle53
    snaffle53 Member Posts: 107
    Options

Don’t know what to think. Had post chemo/pre surgery MRI last week. Got called today to come in for ultrasound and biopsy of LEFT breast. Cancer has been in RIGHT breast all along. They want to check lymph node involvement. Have BMX scheduled a week from today. As I say, I don’t know what to think.

Marilyn