Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Starting Chemo September 2019

Options

Comments

• Gamb
    Gamb Member Posts: 570
    Options

Angie, sending prayers for a successful surgery and recovery, will be thinking of you. I think about you all daily and hope we all find our peace.

• Gamb
    Options

Snaffle, glad to hear from, slow and steady, rest as much as you can, glad you are doing better.

• tmh0921
    tmh0921 Member Posts: 518
    Options

I don't have ANY doctor's appointments for 3 weeks! I'm not sure what to do with myself, This is the first time since August that I've gone more than a week without an appointment.

MO says my hormone levels are consistently extremely low, so I'm in menopause. A couple of more months and I'll switch to an AI. My tissue expanders are full, just waiting on insurance precertification to complete so I can schedule my exchange surgery. My general surgeon is going to take my port out while my plastic surgeon exchanges my tissue expanders for implants.

We have our annual vacation to the beach in early June.... I'm really hoping to have all of my surgery and recovery done, and my transition to AIs complete so I can get on with relaxing during vacation. I was DX literally a week before this annual trip last year, so it wasn't the relaxing vacation it should have been.

Hugs Ladies

Tracy

P.S. I'll post hair updates this week. It's growing in nice and thick. Still almost black and straight as can be!

• Monkey0299
    Monkey0299 Member Posts: 28
    Options

Angie, Good luck in surgery. My one tip is if you're having any type of nerve pain, don't wait. Ask for gabapentin. I suffered for 3 weeks needlessly. The gabapentin was and is a lifesaver for me. Gabapentin is also used to help deal with menopause symptoms without hormones so you get a two for one with it. My BMX was in July.

Tomorrow, I’m having surgery to replace my implants and hopefully have everything fixed. My implants slide to the sides (lateral displacement.). I am feeling very anxious and ready to start feeling like a human again.

For anyone on AIs with joint pain, has anything been helpful to you? I’m struggling with the letrozole/zoladex/zometa regimen.

Love all the hair pics. My straight brown hair is growing in gray and curly but at least it’s hairπŸ‘πŸ‘

• Gamb
    Options

Monkey praying for a successful surgery and recovery

• lms458412
    lms458412 Member Posts: 289
    Options

Good luck tomorrow, Monkey. I'll be praying for a successful surgery for you.

• lms458412
    Options

Tracy, I only have 2 appointments this month. It feels so freeing! I'm enjoying life a lot more now.

• lms458412
    Options

I can't remember any more how many weeks I am PFC, but here's a hair pic from today. I am still going out without a hat or wig.

• Brilee76
    Brilee76 Member Posts: 190
    Options

Hey everybody! Prayers going out to those having surgery, complications or just plain feeling some kinda way. Congratulations to everyone who have had drains removed! I'm slowing down on my update posts from weekly to monthly I think.

I was feeling better and more energetic but lately I've been super moody and just feel fat and achy. I sure need to lose some of this weight. My knees hate me.

• eveldon
    eveldon Member Posts: 31
    Options

Well ladies, I think you will appreciate this story. I have a 12 year old son who plays the saxophone. Over these months of chemo (including xmas) I've had all of my kids send me links on Amazon if they wanted/needed something. All of their gifts were just ordered. I was not shopping. He needed lots of accessories like straps and a case. I am not musical so I just bought whatever he sent. Three days ago he sent me a link that said "MARCOLO...words,,,,for training and practice...more words". I clicked on it and it looked like a some kind of tripod stand. It was only $15 so I just ordered it. He asked me a day later when it was coming and I said Monday. I opened the box when it came and it was a practice.......BUTTERFLY KNIFE.Shocked He's been watching youtube videos and a kid in his martial arts class had one. He's a great kid but I would never have gotten him one because we would worry he would mistakenly take it somewhere and get in trouble. We decided to let him keep it as long as he has it only in his room. I told him he tricked me and he was like "how? I literally sent you a link". I'm blaming chemo brain. Loopy

• Gamb
    Options

Love it Eveldon......lol

• tmh0921
    Options

🀣 Eveldon

• angieb92
    angieb92 Member Posts: 291
    Options

eveldon your story cracked me up!!

My BMX and reconstruction went well! They got all of the cancer and my lymph nodes were clear. Waiting to be discharged from the hospital. I feel good - just sore

• Del13
    Del13 Member Posts: 180
    Options

Great news Ange,, puts a smile on my faceπŸ˜ƒ

Hugs to all and positive vibes, it’s a beautiful day in Kentucky, I am porch sitting enjoying the sunshine

Linda

• Gamb
    Options

Ange fantastic news!!!

Maggie I agree, I'm sitting contemplating a garden spot...lol

• eveldon
    eveldon Member Posts: 31
    Options

Great news Angie!! Take it easy. It gets better each day.

• tmh0921
    Options

Yay Angie! Great News!

I hope your recovery is smooth.

• tmh0921
    Options

I'm jealous of all of you with sun!

I'm just outside of Atlanta Georgia, and we've had rain, rain, and more rain for weeks..... we're water logged and contemplating building an Ark.

Tracy

• angieb92
    Options

Thank you all! I’m heading home right now. It’s beautiful and sunny in Arkansas. I have front patio where I sit and enjoy the warm weather. I’m looking forward to that!!

• Brilee76
    Options

That sounds lovely, Angie.

• snaffle53
    snaffle53 Member Posts: 107
    Options

They found clear lymph nodes on my axillary node dissection. This means we got all the cancer!! Radiation but no Xeloda. Oh happy day!!

Marilyn

• angieb92
    Options

Marilyn!!! Yay!!!!!!πŸŽ‰πŸŽŠπŸŽ‰πŸŽŠπŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰

• Del13
    Del13 Member Posts: 180
    Options

Snaffle, Great news!!! Hugs to all,,

• tmh0921
    Options

Marilyn - Great News! I'm so happy for you!

Tracy

• Gamb
    Options

Snaffle great news, happy for you

• angieb92
    Options

Good morning, ladies!!

Hope you have a great Saturday!

• lms458412
    Options

I'm so happy to hear good news from AngieB and Snaffle!!!

All is well here. I'm still healing from radiation, but I feel pretty good. My last blood test showed my immune system is recovering. I'll need it because we planned a trip to California months ago. It would cost $1,500 or more to change the dates, so we're heading out there soon. Fingers crossed we have no issues while we're there!!!

Hope you are all well and enjoying your weekend!

• Brilee76
    Options

Congrats on the good news ladies!! <3

• Monkey0299
    Monkey0299 Member Posts: 28
    Options

Great news AngieB and Snaffle.

LMS, glad you’re starting to feel better.

• angieb92
    Options

Argh! I have been mentally struggling with this BMX and TE! A week ago today I had surgery. I'm not one to sit around and not do anything (it sounds like most of us on here are the same way) so it's been mentally taxing on me to watch my family go about their business and I just sit there with my t-rex arms and tight chest.

I was so down and frustrated this morning but my sister (who is a nurse who has worked with cancer patients) talked to me and told me to do one chore that wouldn't hurt my incisions or push the limit of the weight I could pick up. I chose the dishwasher. I unloaded what I could and what a tremendous difference between my mental game from this morning and now! My high school senior had parent-teacher conferences and I went to those (touched nothing and no one). Now I'm sitting in the Wal-Mart parking lot waiting on my kid to get her stuff. And I'm believing I'm going to make it!

I just wanted to share with my September sisters so that if you are feeling down, find that one little thing you can do to turn it all around!