Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...
Webinar: Corrective Breast Reconstruction: Getting the Results You Want Join us July 9, 2024 at 6pm ET. Register here.

Starting Chemo September 2019

Options

Comments

• angieb92
    angieb92 Member Posts: 291
    Options

Yay Snaffle!! Let’s get that cancer outta there! I will be praying for you

• lms458412
    lms458412 Member Posts: 289
    Options

Snaffle, I will be thinking of you tomorrow and praying for a successful surgery and easy recovery!

• eveldon
    eveldon Member Posts: 31
    Options

Good luck tomorrow Snaffle! I’m recovering well from non-reconstructed mastectomies & I know you will too.

• Brilee76
    Brilee76 Member Posts: 190
    Options

What Gamb said.

• angieb92
    Options

Thinking of you today, Snaffle!!

• Del13
    Del13 Member Posts: 180
    Options

Snaffie, you got this!! Positive Vibe

• Del13
    Options

Snaffle, sending positive vibes, you got this!!!

• tmh0921
    tmh0921 Member Posts: 519
    Options

Marilyn

Thinking of you, I hope surgery went well and your recovery is smooth

Tracy

• tmh0921
    Options

My oncologist office called me today and told me they were signing me up for a copay assistance program for my monthly Zoladex shot ($3,000 a month!). It pays for $300 of my copay. I’ll meet my deductible in another month or two but I thought it was great that they did this.

If any of you are taking Zoladex and have large copays, ask your MO About this. It’s offered by the manufacturer.

Tracy

• lms458412
    Options

Tracy, my doctor's office signed me up as well. It helps a lot!!!

• Del13
    Options

Snaffle, hope you are Ok!! Ladies I know what it feels like to wear a iron bra😳, this sensation is crazy, also have arm pit swelling, it’s the size of a orange, meeting with PT next month, I’m not a fan of all the Dr appointments, Hugs and Positive vibes for all, y’all the best

• Brilee76
    Brilee76 Member Posts: 190
    Options

Maggie, PT really helped loosen things up and helped with the iron bra. It never really goes away but it diminishes to a point where you can forget about it when you're still.

Tracy, my oncologist's office signed me up for copay assistance for my Lupron shots. They paid 100% of my out of pocket expense. They also paid over $300 toward my Zometa infusion. I can't express how thankful I am for that help.

• lms458412
    Options

Linda, PT helped the iron bra feeling for me, too. It especially got better after PT was over and I continued the exercises she gave me. She was rougher than I liked, so I think I tightened up out of discomfort during PT. But, I made progress on my own.

Thinking of you today, Snaffle.

• tmh0921
    Options

Maggie

I’m with you on not liking all these doctor appointments. I’ve had at least 1 visit a week almost every week since August, and that doesn’t count the imaging and biopsy visits between April and June. Now I see my MO once a month, I have a colonoscopy coming up in a month, a GYN visit, and my exchange surgery.... I’m looking forward to when all of these visits slow down.

Marilyn

Hope you are home recovering

I have the iron bra feeling too, but I don’t think it’s due so much to my mastectomies but rather these uncomfortable tissue expanders. I’m so ready for my implants.

Hugs ladies

Tracy

• Cat029
    Cat029 Member Posts: 24
    Options

Going to Mayo today to get ultrasound and MRI to see how I've responded to my chemo. Positive thoughts please! I'm really nervous and I won't get any answers until tomorrow

• Gamb
    Gamb Member Posts: 570
    Options

Cat, sending good vibrations your way.

• Gamb
    Gamb Member Posts: 570
    Options

I have the iron bra feel also, I stretch every morning to get most of it out,,but some lingers thru out the day. I need to to get rid of my dog ears, but I am done with surgery, at least for the foreseeable future. I have lots of Dr visits too until mid May then hopefully every 3 months. I had arthritis pain before cancer and then the taxol made my joints really mad, I think I am having some side effects still from the taxol on my joints. I've cut back on the ativan, hope to be completely off of it by summer... then take as needed.

• tmh0921
    Options

prayers and positive thoughts for good results Cat

• angieb92
    Options

Positive vibes your way, cat!!!

• lms458412
    Options

Praying for good results, Cat.

I need to get rid of my dog ears, too, Gamb. I'm not sure how long after rads I can get it done. I need to make an appointment with the plastic surgeon and get the process started. My joints are also messed up, but the stiffness goes away if I don't sit or stand too long. Gotta keep moving....

Sorry for a lack of hair growth updates. I've been super busy with PTA stuff at my son's school. I will post soon. Still going out wearing just a headband. Short hair, don't care! LOL Have a great weekend everyone!

• ange743
    ange743 Member Posts: 69
    Options

I got the pathology results back this week from my surgery Jan. 30, and though I didn't have a complete response to chemo, my surgeon was very happy with the results. According to the report, there was one very small microscopic residual spot left. I had 2 tumours and had clear margins. She took out 13 lymph nodes and all came back negative. I know at least one was positive prior to chemo, as it was biopsied shortly after diagnosis, so that's good news.

I have an appointment with my oncologist March 12 to find out the next part of my plan. I'm assuming radiation and possibly more, hopefully easier to handle, chemo. I'm really hoping for no more chemo, but will do whatever is recommended.

I have been off work since diagnosis in August but am trying to figure out when I should/can go back. Though the physical parts have been tough, I have struggled much more mentally. I am hoping that going back to work will be a good distraction from my overthinking.

Thanks for listening.

I hope you are all doing well. 😊

• tmh0921
    Options

Ange

While you still have a tiny residual spot, your overall pathology sounds great! Clear margins and negative nodes are wonderful news. I wouldn’t be surprised if your MO doesn’t recommend more chemo and sticks with radiation and endocrine/hormonal and targeted therapy.

Hoping your next steps are easy

Hugs

Tracy

• angieb92
    Options

ange - that sounds like wonderful news!!

• angieb92
    Options

Ok my September sisters, I’m going in for my BMX tomorrow. I would appreciate any prayers or positive vibes my way. I’m not nervous or scared yet but I imagine that will set in tomorrow.

I hope you all had a fabulous weekend!

• eveldon
    eveldon Member Posts: 31
    Options

Angie--I will be thinking of you. It will be fine. I am 3 weeks out today (surgery) and 6 weeks out (chemo) and other than being tired I am feeling much better. I still have one drain where I had the ALND and am worried that its not decreasing in output but I am just rolling with it for now. I was up 2 days after trying to feed my dogs which was a mistake. I think things are a bit harder with reconstruction so take it super easy. After everything else the surgery feels easy. You definitely got this.Heart

• snaffle53
    snaffle53 Member Posts: 107
    Options

Wishing you all the best, Angie.

• snaffle53
    snaffle53 Member Posts: 107
    Options

BMX kicked my butt. Stayed two nights in the hospital. Finally strong enough to take a shower today. Still much swelling and bruising. I see the surgeon and my Oncologist for pathology results tomorrow. Drains still producing lots. For sure to have them at least another week. Been taking just Tylenol since last Thursday. Doing ok pain wise. Just get very worn out quickly.

Thanks for all your prayers and good wishes.

Marilyn

• lms458412
    Options

Ange - sounds like very positive news! Yay!

Angie - I'll be praying for you tomorrow. You've got this!!!!!!

Snaffle - So glad to hear from you!!!!!!!!!!!! You will feel better soon, especially once the drains come out. Until then, just take care of yourself, get lots of rest, eat healthy, and your body will heal. You did it!!!!!!!!!!

• angieb92
    Options

Thank you all! I seriously don’t know what I would do without you all!!!

• tmh0921
    Options

Angie - You've got this. Honestly, for me, the worst part was definitely the drains. Prayers and positive thoughts!

Marilyn - Glad to see you posting. I hope you continue to recover smoothly.

Tracy